All hotels in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here129 Paoakalani Ave, Honolulu, HI, 96815, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice hotel. Close to the beach"
Very nice staff and clean rooms. unlimited movie rentals is a nice touch. The only real down side is no hit breakfast. With a 25 dollar a day resort fee a hot breakfast would be nice
Other trip Mar 6, 2014
"Good hotel"
4 out of 5 clean Close to everything Great staff
Other trip Mar 4, 2014
we love everything about it
1 night trip Feb 12, 2014
"OK overall with some minor issues"
Got off to a rough start with at least a 15 minute wait for valet parking. Rooms are clean and nicely decorated but the platform bed is not that comfortable. A/C unit was very loud and woke me up every time it kicked on. Good shower and bath products. The amenity fee is a bit ridiculous for what it includes, although the DVD rentals are a nice feature. Overall it was ok, but we expected more based on reviews we had read before staying.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
"Dim dim dim!"
Standard hotel, close to beach. Rooms don't have enough lighting to read/do make up at night. Friendly staff. Hotel hits you with a $25/day "service fee" in addition to what you book on expedia.
Other trip Feb 15, 2014
"10 year Anniversary"
We were made to feel like it was the best vacation. We loved the smaller hotel feel, rather than a huge hotel w/ mass crowds in and out all day. The staff went out of there way to make us feel relaxed and comfortable. Every employee we talked to answered our questions and talked to us with manners expected of hotel services. We enjoyed being on the quiet side of Waikiki, but close to the beach at the same time. Cannot say enough great things about service and quality of the Aston Renew Hotel.
Other trip Feb 14, 2014
"Small hotel with access to beach & transit!"
We stayed here for our wedding anniversary. The staff found out and left a thoughtful handwritten card & gift in our room! Everyone was exceptionally helpful. Rooms are small but efficient. Great amenities.
Other trip Feb 9, 2014
"Friendly hotel perfectly located"
Check in process was easy. They made you feel welcome immediately to set the tone for a great Hawaiian experience
Other trip Feb 9, 2014
"Close to the beach"
Had the best time in Hawaii. and this hotel was perfect, loved it nice clean. very very nice staff I will be back.
Other trip Feb 4, 2014
Eva
"hotel close to beach"
the bathroom has a mildly stinky smell, most likely due to the humidity. hotel charges $25/day "resort fee," which, there isn't really a "resort" benefit. on the plus side, we had to check out 2 days earlier and the manager was very nice to refund our money.
Other trip Jan 26, 2014
"Location only"
Great location and nice operator staff (breakfast and valet)that's all This hotel is absolutely not a 4 star at all First no facilities or lobby even the pool is outside the property inside an other hotel.room very noisy climatisation from an other age with an extra dirty carpet an uncomfortable beds we stay 2 weeks and they change the pillow after 7 days on request only never append to me before.the breakfast have a super nice employee but with only 4 table for 2 and 2 table for 4 so sometimes you have to wait 30 mn or go back to your room No bred no spoon not even an even for your own bread At the end not only one word to say good bye I almost mist my fly because the concierge tell to the driver she as nobody with this name in the hotel when I was there 2 weeks. you have much better in Waikiki for just a couple more $
Other trip Jan 6, 2014
franz1969
"Nice boutique hotel near beach"
Small but pleasant rooms. A little cramped with two double beds for our family vacation with my wife, two teenage sons, and myself, but nice. The hotel prides itself on low carbon footprint, but maybe takena littel far as lighting was a little low, especially in bathroom. Friendly and responsive staff. Would stay again.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
"Great Hotel near Beach"
The staff of this hotel is fantastic, friendly, always willing to help with advice & directions, they go over the top helping. Free DVDs were a nice touch for our family, beach chairs and towels always ready. The breakfasts are a little starch heavy, fruit not totally ripe but we suffered thru it rather than pay high breakfast prices. We would be back to this hotel in a minute.
Other trip Dec 23, 2013
"Hidden Gem in Waikiki"
We are so glad we decided to give this hotel a try. Pulling up on the outside, I was skeptical as it looks like a dingy hotel. Walking through the front doors, quickly changed my mind. It is a very well kept, recently updated hotel. The rooms and the service were fantastic! Everything was clean and had a modern feel. I am usually a hotel snob, and this one exceeded my expectations! In addition to the great rooms and service, you are right downtown Waikiki, one block from the ocean. Close to restaurants shopping and the zoo, we couldn't have asked for a better location. We received a complimentary continental breakfast, free internet, free movies (new releases included), free beach gear and access to the Marriott gym and pools (located right across the street). We will definitely come back to this hotel when in Waikiki and recommend it for you to try too!
1 night trip Nov 25, 2013
Samantha
"We selected this hotel based on reviews."
The hotel has a great location. Half a block from the beach and half a block from the bus line. It is a easy walk to many restaurants and lots of shopping. The staff is friendly and helpful even to guest who are arriving from 12 hours of travel. My only concern is that the Renew may begin charging an addition $15.00 a day for services we would not use (a workout room).
Other trip Dec 1, 2013
"Great boutique hotel spot"
Nice, modern style boutique hotel close to everything in Waikiki. We stayed only one night, b/c we were spending time in other areas of Oahu. It was for my girlfriend's bday, and they welcomed us with a bottle of champagne. Nice touch guys! Friendly staff too, so we definitely recommend.
Other trip Nov 3, 2013
"Small but nice"
Nice little hotel and is only a 30 second walk from the beach. The place is nice and quiet. Has breakfast every morning, nice valet service ($25 a day). The facilities can use a little work for the faucet was loose and the showerhead leaked. But they were still usable.
Other trip Nov 1, 2013
David T
"Wish I could rate it higher"
If I could rate Hotel Renew on friendliness of staff, location and daily breakfast I would give it a 5. So, why is my rating a 1-2? First of all, when we checked in we had to sign an agreement to pay a daily ‘amenity’ charge of $15 plus tax – this is in addition to what we paid for our room months ago through Hotels.com. After our stay I checked the website and it mentions all the amenities in a list (such as daily continental breakfast, newspaper, wi-fi, etc.) and below the list it says, “Hotel Renew by Aston guests can also reJUVINATE at two nearby resort swimming pools and a full service fitness center. *Please inquire with guest services for more details.” At the bottom of the page (below some photos) there is the following, “*All rates are subject to a daily amenity fee of $15 plus tax.” So, it turns out that asterisk next to the fitness and pool verbiage is meant for all things on the amenities list – which is very misleading as the assumption would be that 'amenities' are included in the booking price. Add that to the following: • The towel bar fell off in my hands (literally!) • The bath knob fell off in my hands • The room could use some black touch up paint on the banged up shelves an corners • The Attendant at the ‘nearby resort pool’ told me we could not have towels after the Renew front desk said they provide them • The room was one of the few in Waikiki without a lanai – none available for two bedrooms (admittedly my miss but it was a big one).
6 night family trip Oct 17, 2013
GC
"Last minute change to a VERY nice place!!"
More than anything (and everything here was really great) the service was above and beyond! I AM staying here again in Nov 2013!!
1 night business trip Oct 26, 2013
"Nice hotel very close to the beach"
We were looking for a smaller hotel and really enjoyed our stay @ the Hotel Renew by Aston. It's very close to the beach and all the attractions. Everyone is very friendly and helpful! Rooms are small but very clean. Definitely get a room w/ocean view, it's beautiful! There is no pool but it wasn't an issue for us. I wish they didn't have an extra charge for fitness, wifi and other basic needs that should be provided since rooms are more expensive. Would advise this hotel to everyone who is looking for a relaxing, non commercial and more private stay.
Other trip Oct 27, 2013
"HOTEL RENEW"
it was so conveniently located, just steps away from the main strip, Kalakaua Ave, and waikiki beach.The room condition was okay but it was way too small... and please be aware for 15 USD flat rate/day/per room for amenity use (Keurig coffee machine, safe, breakfast, wi-fi, beach towels all included). Please say "not necessary" upon check-in, otherwise USD 15 will be incurred. Overall, it was nice to stay there!
Other trip Oct 10, 2013
"Excellent sevice but not much else to highlight."
From the doorman to the front desk all employees were great. Small, neat rooms, but the bed was comfortable. Internet was hit or miss and a fridge would have been nice. Beach a few minute walk and an ABC store next door for convenience but also next to some pretty sketchy rooming houses that seemed to have several "users" hanging about day and night.
2 night romance trip Sep 24, 2013
"Small, clean and cozy hotel"
The inside of this hotel has a contemporary design with a cozy feeling. The room is a bit small but it's clean and services is great. Wifi is free and it comes with a large screen TV. It at the end of the Waikiki strip which is nice because are away from the noise and crowds however, still in walking distance from shopping and restaurants. The plus is it's only a block from the beach.
Other trip Sep 17, 2013
"Clean and Quiet but............"
Very nice place right in the center of the beach front area. Motorcycle scooter rental business right around the corner. This is not a resort hotel. It has no amenities(pool, weight room, lobby bar, etc). But it is very clean and small with no foot traffic. Couple comments for what it is worth. Firstly if you get a rent a car and you park on property it will cost you $25 a day and can only be valet parked. The service to get your car is quick and fast so no issue but that is VERY expensive and was bit disappointing as it really increased the cost to stay and was a bit misleading. This should be included in the room cost. Also, the continental breakfast is Costco Muffins and frozen concentrate juice. I am attempting to not complain but just offer feedback on the stay. The wireless internet is convenient and private per room.
Other trip Sep 8, 2013
JP
"Excellent hotel in Waikiki"
We had a great stay at this smaller and much quieter hotel than others in Waikiki. Half a block from the beach and MUCH more relaxing than the larger hotels. Excellent breakfast of fruit, juice, and a variety of breads. The front desk staff were truly outstanding - very helpful in arranging transportation (and getting excellent discounts from rental car companies).
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"Comfortable quiet hotel"
Hotel Renew is still in Waikiki but at the far end so it's not so crowded. My room was great with a beautiful view of the ocean from the window and a somewhat obstructed but still nice view of Diamond Head. The room was contemporary and comfortable, the staff friendly and accommodating. I loved the pineapple juice when checking in. The continental breakfast was fine (stick to the fruit and coffee). Nice parks for walks or runs close by. I would stay here again and recommend to my friends who like calm and quiet.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
Marge
"A great hotel!"
My fiance and I stayed at Hotel Renew for a week and a half and would highly recommend it. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We ate the free continental breakfast every day, which helped to cut down on food costs during our trip. The hotel also offered complimentary items to borrow for the beach, such as beach towels, mats, and boogie boards. Because our plane left in the evening on our last day in Hawaii, we also took advantage of another free service offered by Hotel Renew, which allowed us to have an hour of complimentary access to one of their hotel rooms to shower, freshen up, etc. This allowed us to fully enjoy the last day of our trip even after officially checking out of our hotel room. The location was also great - close to the beach, shopping, restaurants, bus stops, and bus pick-ups for various tours. We were lucky to get a room with a balcony (which we loved!), which offered partial views of the beach on one side and mountains on the other. Many rooms in the hotel do not have balconies or beach views, however. Overall, we were very pleased with the accommodations and services offered by Hotel Renew.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
"Best Hotel Experience"
I stayed here for five nights with my boyfriend. Once check in, greeted with friendly staff and wanted to do an upgrade to Oceaview Suite. However, it was sold out. Later that night, I recieved a thank you note and crackers and cheese from the hotel. All complientary. It made my day. I felt this hotel went the extra mile to made my stay pleasant.
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
Lil
"Great cozy hotel next to beach."
Hotel offers free continental breakfast. They supply towels, mats, chairs and boogie boards for the beach. Rooms are spacious and clean. Staff is friendly and courteous. Maids are nice and offers toiletries every time we encountered them. We would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"Priced right but had issues"
First the location is safe and close to the beach. The problem with the hotel is that the rooms are small and there is no mini refrigerator. So if you have leftovers you might as well throw them out. There is only a cooler type fridge. There was also a slight smell in the rooms. There are very few amenities on site. No laundry or fitness room. It seemed like the staff was minimal so when I called for someone to being my bags down, no one showed and I had a shuttle to catch. Although the price was right, I would not stay here again.
5 night business trip Aug 4, 2013
"Great hotel close to the beach!"
I loved staying at Hotel Renew. I was a little worried after reading some reviews, but everything was great. We stayed in a "city view" king room on the 6th floor and it was actually quiet (I do live in an urban environment so maybe this is relative). The hotel is spotless with tasteful modern decor, and the room always smelled really good. It was a bit far from the convention center but there is a bus a block away and always easy to get a taxi. I was there for a conference and it was so nice to come back and relax in the cool room after working & playing all day. Here is the thing--it's not a resort so no pool, but the pools at many of the moderately priced hotels are not that great anyway the beach is right there.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
Jess
"Excellent little hotel in Waikiki!!"
Extremely friendly and helpful staffs!!! Continental breakfast starts the day bright and right!!! Convenient location for public transportation!!! This is not a fancy hotel, but it provides everything you need for a dream family vacation in Hawaii!
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
"unbelievable 3 stars hotel-you feel like 5 stars"
i was nervous to vacation in a hotel without pool /gym (i know, spoiled brat) but we did not miss it a bit. the ocean is yards away, we could get boards and towels from the hotel. everybody was so helpful and fun and amazing! i have read the reviews complaining about the breakfast not being too rich-but it's complimentary, guys! very good coffee to get you going in the morning with some fruit and pastries-that's all we needed . fun crowd, relaxed, laid back, enjoying vacation. my new favorite in Oahu- i will most certainly stay again!
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
marlene
"Close to the beach and shopping."
Very pleasurable experience. The hospitality was great. Looking forward to doing it again next year, possibly for a longer stay.
Other trip Jul 27, 2013
"Loved it"
Clean and modern. Not big but across from Waikiki beach with multiple beach fun things to rent. Towels and mats were free. Surfboard was $25 for 3 hours or $50 for whole day. Much better deal than at beach. Close to many things. It is end of Waikiki strip so if you can't walk long distance, may want to rent a car. parking is valet and $25 per day with anytime acesses. It is end of strip so if you have kuds, tou and your kids can walk about 5 min and you are at Honolulu zoo! Loved all employees, all nice and caring! House keepers were contacted so if you don't leave your room early they may not get to your room. However, they do have one person on site 24 hours and if you just need clean towels and empty trush can, the front can help you with that right away. No pool but I suggest just go to twin tower Hyatt cause they don't care. Morning time gets super crowded, suggest early bird and get your spot or come down and get your food and bring them to our room. Definitely, going back there cause the rate was good, staff were awesome and easy acess to lots of things!
Other trip Jul 8, 2013
San Francisco
"Great people, but expected more for the price"
Our room was dirty when we arrived. They cleaned it when we went to the beach for a few hours, but the overall condition of the facility was lacking. They ran out of breakfast in the morning and I had to find someone to get more. Staff was great, but I expected much more.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
Nathan
"Fantastic people, service, and accommodations."
My fiancé (now wife) went to Hawai'i to marry. To be honest, we hadn't known much about Hotel Renew before booking; it was recommended by Expedia as a fairly inexpensive hotel in Waikiki. The staff there made our stay very pleasant even to the point of delivery campaign to our room after our wedding. Great hotel, wonderful staff at a great price!
Other trip Jul 5, 2013
"overall awesome"
The only issue we had was that the Wi-Fi was not working, although our hotel stay was not about using the internet, we were just trying to look up certain things so we can plan our night.
1 night trip with friends Jun 29, 2013
lumi
"Great Hotel right next to beach"
Had a great time. Was right next to the beach and on the main strip in Waikiki. I would recommend this motel to friends.
Other trip Jun 28, 2013
DANNY
"Pretty good but not great"
Hotel Renew tries to go for the W vibe, and it does a decent job, but it doesn't quite go all the way. The room was nice, but it wasn't as spotless as I hoped and some parts of it weren't in perfect condition, which is what I expected. However, the staff was extremely friendly and very accommodating. I can recommend Hotel Renew if you're looking for the boutique hotel experience in Waikiki, but if you're expecting real luxury, you should look elsewhere.
3 night trip with friends Jun 20, 2013
"Easy access to beach!"
It's a small boutique hotel that is walking distance to the beach! The hotel has great customer service. My guest and I arrived late in the night, and the staff were extremely courteous and friendly. Unfortunately, they only had valet parking. And since it was late at night and I forgot to do research on alternative parking, I had to pay $25 overnight. They also offered complimentary beach chairs and towels, as well as breakfast in the morning. And the great thing about the hotel is that it's walking distance to the shopping area on Kalakaua Ave!
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
"Rooms not cleaned and I'm not picky"
This hotel is in a good location. But: my washcloths have not been replaced, sand on my floor since yesterday, sink not wiped out. Rooms small and dark. Lobby is small, breakfast jammed. Better values are elsewhere!!!
7 night business trip Jun 16, 2013
Hotel is old and small but newly refurbished so seems modern and clean. One block from the beach. Staff is EXCELLENT! Extra room towels, nice beach towels, good sized boogie boards and beach chairs loaned for free with no hassle. The front desk popped our popcorn that we bought at the store. Always smiles and helpful. Must have been a 55" tv. A small convenient very friendly place to stay.
Other trip Jun 16, 2013
"Hyped boutique hotel"
The hotel has extremely small rooms and it is overpriced. The staff are very friendly and hotel has a nice location. It has old ac system. I have stayed a lot in boutique hotels and this was probably the most overrated! It appears to be owned by Aston group which has big chain hotel right in front of renew. Parking is only valet as well
Other trip Jun 16, 2013
madhu
"ocean-front studios"
Everything worked out great in this hotel except the cleanliness of the room. The floor was not very clean, the bed linens were moist and smelled exactly like hotel linens, and there is much dust in the dryer. Here are the rest pros: the room was great! Great location, ocean-front, very quiet, and very convenient. The kitchen was equipped with everything you want, including the garbage disposal and the dishwasher. The freezer makes ice automatically!
1 night romance trip Jun 12, 2013
"Good Location, Nice Place, Staff's the Best!"
Hotel Renew: The staff is great! Hotel is clean and modern. Location is on the east end of Waikiki (close to Diamond Head and the Zoo), which I thought was good for many of the places we wanted to visit. Did I mention how great the staff was? Great place to stay...actually made staying in Honolulu bearable.
Other trip Jun 13, 2013
Rich
"Loved This Hotel"
This hotel was awesome. The staff was amazing, the room was clean, the room looked like it does in the pictures, the bed was heaven, the pillows were fluffy and perfect, the bathroom was clean, etc. This is a 3-star hotel, and I think it's because they don't have all the amenities of a 4-star or 5-star hotel, but if it did (i.e. having a pool), it would be ranked pretty high. I would stay here again and again when coming back to Waikiki. The location is great, just one block from the beach, and they let you borrow chairs, towels, mats, boogie boards, etc. They greet you at the front desk with cold pineapple juice and a cold lemongrass scented towel (both of which were a surprise, as I've never been greeted at a hotel with either). Overall, had a great stay here, and will come back again.
3 night romance trip Jun 1, 2013
Janet C.
"Great Boutique Hotel with lots of Character!"
The hotel is a great find. We'd stayed on Waikiki several times before (Lotus, Aston, Royal Hawaiian) and we'd say this is a great happy medium to all of those locations. There aren't a lot of room, which is great as it limits the amount of people on the property and keeps it intimate. The overall vibe is younger, hipper and cooler than the surrounding hotels. The staff is amazingly helpful and extremely pleasant. Always available for suggestions and looking to make the stay a great one. We booked a premium oceanview room and it was perfect. We had room 806 and we had a great view, balcony and comfortable space to relax in. It was also at the end of the hall which made it extra quiet. The location is great as its easy to hit the park for a run, go across the street to the beach, walk to the rest of Waikiki attractions, and even easier to get on the road to hit the highway (you don't have to hit too much of the Waikiki traffic to make it to the freeway). Overall, its really a great find. Its not ultra-luxurious, but its quiet, intimate, hip, and just a fantastic find for the money. Spring for the oceanview room.
5 night trip May 23, 2013
Alex & Paul
"Excellent service"
Amazing cute little place! No hustle and bustle like the high tourist packed hotels. Very intimate. Will definitely stay again!
2 night romance trip May 23, 2013
Noe
"Awesome service!"
Very friendly staff, clean rooms. Good location!
3 night trip May 24, 2013