All hotels in Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Avenida Xaman-ha, Manzana 3, Lote 1, Condominio Playacar, Playa del Carmen, QROO, 77710, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

EXCELLENT! Would do again in a heartbeat! Got tricked, at the airport into a BAD timeshare presentation for the Mayan Palace. Everything else was Superb!
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
Ken
"Amazing hotel right on the beach."
Amazing staff, especially Manuel and Ivette. Beach area is cleaned daily by 630am. Food was delicious and presented in an awesome matter. Pools are plentiful. The only advise is to get your beach/pool loungers by 8am or they might be gone as this beach is shared with the sister property across the street.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
loretta in texa
"Fabulous Hotel!"
Overall i loved the location, right on the beach, the staff was incredibly friendly and willing to assist you in any way. I had read lots of reviews about how hard the beds were but i had no trouble sleeping. The hotel was recenlty renovated, but for me the rooms were just a plain ok. Loved the staff that was dedicated to kids, they were really sweet and really liked kids. My kids loved the show they put in place every night (kids show)..., food was excelent... overall this was a fabulous experience for us all, we will definatelly be coming back to PlayaCar sometime soon.
7 night family trip Jun 14, 2014
Vanessa
"Beautiful beach with amazing service."
Did not have one single problem with my entire stay. The staff was great, hotel was good, the food was delicious, well the Italian place was the only one that was just ok. The beach was so beautiful it was hard to stay away. The only thing about that was that there was no staff at the beach to bring you drinks.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
my wife and I
"Grows on you"
Not much to really knock about the place. The price is right and the place kind of grows on you. Location is great. One of the only hotels on that stretch of the beach without any palapas to lounge under. Not a big deal as beach is fantastic. The hotel has kind of a retro feel that is kind of cool. Entire hotel staff could not have been nicer.
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
"Great hotel at the beach"
This was our third time at this hotel and we are planning to come back. Service and food are awesome. Just a few steps from the beach. Fantastic hotel.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
Abel and Grace
"Fun vacation"
My Overall experience here was very nice! We had a great time! I would definitly go back!
Other trip May 30, 2014
Caity
"Felt like a cruise ship on land."
We were there for a long weekend getaway and enjoyed the many restaurant options and activities offered. Our room was OK - we were on the ground floor and it smelled like a musty, converted basement smell. We had friends staying in a room on the 2nd level and there room smelled fine! We didn't mind it that much, because most of the time we spent outside enjoying the beverages and beach. We were there during the end of semesters for college students, so there was more of a 'party' vibe at all of the bars, but there were plenty of areas to get away from that crowd.
Other trip May 29, 2014
Brad
"Right on the beach"
Right on the beach, close to town, awesome pools. Staff wonderful
Other trip May 24, 2014
"good vacation"
friendly and helpful staff. The resort was kept clean at all times.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Rob
"Riu yucatan"
Nice beach. Food good. No coffee pots in room. Brought our own. No coffee in lobby for early risers. Maybe 7am. Rude front desk. Nobody helped guide you around resort or playacar. Compared to other ai resorts in the area this is a 3star. Not staying here again. Woke up at 5am with no water for a couple hours. Then we were getting ready for dinner and power completely out for 2 hours. Unreal. For what you pay i expect electricity and water. Soooo.... The decor in hotel is AWFUL!!!! Hard to get past that when you look at it every day. Just not mexico to me. The riu tequila was much nicer. Just not directly on beach. Maybe 10 min walk. Stay elsewhere. Swim up bar...more like pee bar. Water so cloudy from nobody getting out to pee. Gross. Drinks were good. Just ask for mas alcohol otherwise you will not get a buzz. Typical in mexico though. You cannot go in riu palace without a guest pass. No eating. Drinking or swimming on your visit. Pools were quite small at yucatan compared to other places which leads to super warm pool water. Not even refreshing. Had to go to ocean to cool off. Which is not a problem for me. So anyway....seriously. Stay somewhere else. So many more nicer places than this crap hole.
Other trip May 18, 2014
shannin
"great"
Water is beautiful, people are great. Only complaint I would have is, the food is so so. About what you would expect.
7 night business trip May 6, 2014
Aaron
"RIU Yucatan"
Disappointing when you compare this hotel w other RIUs. Food was passable with very little variability. Buffet never changed. Lacks poolside service like other RIUs. Pool is nice and beach is very good. If it wasn't for the food and disproportionate guest/staff ratio I will give this hotel a 9 instead of 7.
6 night trip May 6, 2014
"Excellent Resort"
This resort exceeded my expectations, and I would recommend it for any reason you travel to Playa Del Carmen. The food was excellent, and the service provided by the employees there is unmatched. The entire property was clean at all times. It's a good location in that it's on the beach, it's surrounded by other Riu resorts that you can have access to, and it's a very short ride or walk to the downtown area. My only issue was that the beds were a little hard for my liking.
2 night trip May 1, 2014
Nick S
"Ok hotel but not the 5star as advertised"
We stayed at this hotel for our friend's wedding on April 26-May 1st. The hotel in general was ok. The lobby was very nice and newly updated but everything else was mediocre. The a la carte restaurants were horrible. The only decent place was the steak house. The food at the buffet was much better in comparision. Our hotel room was clean but nothing fancy or luxurious. The shower did not drain properly and would flood after 1 minute of running the water. We asked for someone to come and fix it but after the guy left, it was still exactly the same. Some of our friends' rooms had the same problem so it looks like it might be old plumbing or something. The swimming pool also looked dirty and murky. We were very disappointed as we were expecting a 5 star hotel. This is more like a 3 star hotel.
Other trip May 8, 2014
Kayla
"Always dependable"
We've stayed at the Riu Yucatan several times over the years and you can always depend on great service. The entire staff is friendly and helpful, the food is good, and the location is great. You can walk one direction and find lots of vacant beach, yet you are close enough you can walk into downtown.
Other trip May 3, 2014
Terry
"OK hotel, nothing exceptional."
CONS #1. No coffee maker in the room and none available upon request as they do not offer this amenity. What?!?!? #2. Standard room is comprised of a large portion of the square footage that is devoted to the bed / sleeping area and the remainder is dedicated to the bathroom area; however there is no door. There is a door that conceals the toilet for privacy but thats it. Maybe you're not traveling with a spouse. Maybe you want to hit the beach in Mexico with a friend and... I don't know, you don't want to step out of the shower with them in the same room or visa versa. #3. No shampoo and conditioner or lotion in the room. They have a dispenser in the shower that contains soap, but ladies; it is not shampoo. #4. Three stories and no elevators. PROS #1. Soft, powdery, super fine, sugary sand. #2. The water is every shade of blue that you can imagine, warm as a bath and on a clear day you can see straight to Cozumel. #3. Built-in lounging chairs in two of the three pools. Sweet. #4. Awesome in pool bar.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Christine
"Great Stay for the Value"
Excellent stay at the Riu Yucatan: The key here is to stay at the Yucatan vs. the Tequila or the Playacar if you can afford the little extra that it is. The upgrades are definitely worth it. The food is amazing, great quality and great selection even if you don't dine at the restaurants The pool and beach set up is top notch and you NEVER wait for a drink. These were the best bartenders I have ever seen. The one thing you should prepare yourself for is that the rooms are mid level. They are perfectly fine to stay in and honestly you don't spend much time there but they are damp and just a bit outdated.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"The Beach will take your breath away!"
We have returned to this area for a number of years; last year we tried Puerto Moreles ( wonderful hotel there ) but the beach was nothing like it is right here in this little PlayaCar area. One of the first visits here was the Riu Mexico so it will always be difficult to match that stay ( that hotel is 5 star; this is at best 4 star). My husband and I both like the rich old Mexican style and decor so the new disco pink was a little much! I'm sure anyone under 50 loves it! The staff is pleasant and always aiming to please. Food is good not excellent, but I don't know if I ever think I'm there for the food. I like the specialty restaurants more of course, but really because I feel like I'm being "waited on: and that's the fun part of vacation. One thing that was a little crazy was the pool chair chaos......by 8 am almost every chair had a towel on it. I don't know if this is because the Riu Tequila doesn't have a beach so those vacationers can use either the Riu Playacar or the Yucatan, but this might be a reason I would question the hotel's permitting this. Towels might remain on a chair for several hours with no one in site "reserved " until that person decided to show up.........pretty annoying. If you have a family and think you want to be seated together you might be getting up at 6am to reserve 4 chairs together!
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
Char
"RIU Yucatan"
A remodeled hotel that has all the accommodations of a three-star plus resort in the U.S. The beach and quiet pool are the selling features of this resort, as well as the friendliness and attentiveness of its staff. The food, although plentiful, is adequate. I spent seven days at the resort and really enjoyed my experience.
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
"Big Beach - Friendly Staff"
We stayed at Riu Yucatan March 13th through March 19th. This was our first time staying there and the first time going to Mexico without a group. We truly enjoyed our stay. The food was pleasing, always found something to eat. We had an AWESOME waitress named Fabiola. She was always right there when we needed something. The room was ok and large. The grounds were well groomed and kept clean. The resort has been updated and is spread out back in the jungle. We loved walking the grounds and watching the animals and lizards running around. We did not mind the walking at all, after eating so much! Walking to 5th Avenue takes at least 30 minutes whether you walk the beach or sidewalk outside of the resort. Great little shopping mall not far from the resort. which has a Starbucks! Jonathan at front desk very helpful! We felt safe walking around the complex at night, we went for a walk each night. Loved that we could go to 2 other Riu resorts to each breakfast or lunch, drink and hang out at their pools or beach. We took advantage of it. Same food at all 3 resorts and the BEST coffee I have had at any resort in Mexico. The pools were nice, beach chairs comfy - get clean towels each evening and go save your chair in the morning or you may not get your preference, since the people staying at the Riu Tequila use our beach as well. The beach was AMAZING!!!! The beach made the trip. It is HUGE and very nice. Lots of palm trees to sit under or pull your chair into the sun.
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
Rach
"Renovated hotel; great beach; excellent service"
This is our second stay at the Riu Yucatan. The recent renovation is nice and really gives it an updated feel, even though I do miss the Mexican feel a bit. The service here was EXCELLENT, from accommodating our room request to giving us more towels and pillows to printing out a coupon for rental car, anything we asked for was taken care of quickly with a smile. My favorite part of this hotel is the beach. It is one of the nicest of the eight resorts I've visited in Mexico. The pool area is great, too, but you do need to get up early to get a good spot. I like this hotel because it draws a lot of Europeans and I love meeting people from around the world. I really liked the food! I always found several things that I liked. My only complaint would be the Internet. You only get 90 minutes free per day in the lobby and you have to use it all at once and then can't go online again for a full 24 hours from the time you logged off. Very inconvenient if you're trying to keep up on things at work. The 90 minutes was OK, but I wished I could've gone online at the same time early each morning instead of waiting a full 24 hours from when I logged off.
Other trip Mar 23, 2014
Rhonda
"Nice Hotel, great pools & Beach"
Overall we had a great time, wish the food was a little better. drinks limited to one type of beer, keg wine either white or red along whatever mix drink you like - can't compare with dining experiences on a cruise, but wonderful beaches & pools. I'd do it again !! Had a great time with our friends, people we met & the staff.
Other trip Mar 19, 2014
Brad
"Comfortible Hotel for the money"
We had a few issues upon arrival. There was a leak from the ceiling in our bathroom. We were told it was fixed but the floor and ceiling were still wet with puddles. When we went to the desk to tell them that it appeare to still be leaking, they sent staff to clean. There were a lot of mosquitos because of the damp weather previously. We requested for the outer door to be kept closed to avoid the mosquitos getting into our room but that seemed to never happen. As far as the food - stick to the buffet. The food was always fresh and very good. Disappointed in the restaraunts that required a reservations. Took several attempts to get our food cooked right at the Steak house and the Shanghai was nothing more than a Chinese buffet.
Other trip Mar 19, 2014
Betty
"Perfect Honeymoon"
After searching and reading many many reviews my husband and I decided on Riu Yucatan for our honeymoon. We truly had a wonderful time, the staff was wonderful, and the resort was very clean. You could tell the staff truly cared about the property. Food was honestly delicious. There were many options for each meal, so you did not get tired of eating the same thing over and over again. The drinks were well made, premium liquor was available, you just had to ask for it. The resort was about a 1.5 mile walk down the beach into Playa Del Carmen, so the location was perfect. We felt completely safe the entire time and loved going out to explore. My only "complaint" is that the beds were rather hard, other than that, everything was wonderful and we would go back again in a heartbeat!
Other trip Mar 6, 2014
"OK resort"
Rooms were OK, but very musty smelling and we are used to this based on numerous trips to other resorts. Ok food, same thing everyday. Lunch was very disappointing for variety and for casualness. We found out that the Riu Tequila guests were able to come to our beach as they did not have one....that was OK as there were numerous loungers available on the beach. The frustration with this was the lunch, it was very congested every day, we had to clear or own tables as staff was over worked due to all of the people from both hotels eating lunch. Food was usually available if you could get to it! We did have lunch at the Riu Playacar, much more casual and BETTER food choices. Another disappointment was the evening entertainment. Again, we have been to numerous resorts in the area and this was the most disappointing as the only entertainment was using the guests as 'cheap entertainment' on stage.......NOT entertaining. The Riu in Bloody Bay Jamaica had GOOD entertainment every night when we were there last year.......
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
"Great resort (and I do not do reviews often)"
The food was 7 or 8, the staff was a 10, the hotel itself was a 9, the atmosphere was a great....clean, nice, and fun! I would definitely go back. The food didnt upset our stomach at all, it was better than decent but not amazing. Get dinner reservations and beach chairs early, before 9:30am if you want to make sure to reserve either. Tip your bartenders a little each time, it goes a long way! Thats about it.....this resort was great and I would go back! P.S. Beautiful weather every single day (Feb 11-17th)
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"A solid 4 stars"
I spent a very pleasant week at Riu Yucatan and commend their friendly staff, cleanliness, and beauty of the beach. A few things prevented me from giving it a full 5 stars, but they are relatively minor. First, and foremost, there were no umbrellas or huts on the beach, so it was difficult to find lasting shade. The palm trees are planted too far apart to offer genuine protection from the sun, and for those of us who burn even with sunscreen, that can be an issue. The décor of the hotel is rather unappealing, with too much plastic and neon lights to be called charming or pleasing, and the rooms are very generic. Not a huge deal since this is not a place where you spend a lot of time inside, but it's always nice to be in a beautiful place. The food was overall very good, but the specialty restaurants were below average and not very attractive at all. The steakhouse was the converted lunch buffet are and they serve mozzarella sticks and onion rings -- not exactly gourmet. I expected better from a chain as popular as Riu. Otherwise, everything was very satisfactory, and I would readily recommend this hotel to my friends.
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
Irina
"Loved it! Couldn't say enough good things!"
We just got home from our stay at the Riu Palace Mexico and it was amazing. The service was beyond wonderful, the beach was so clean and the food was delish. My brother is a vegetarian and was able to enjoy every meal without needing specialized items made for him. We originally were supposed to stay at the Yucatan, but got upgraded due to overbooking and ended up at the Riu Palace Mexico just next door. We can't wait to go back.
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
Haley
"Good for the most part"
Food could definitely be better. Even the "steakhouse" disappoints. No room service, and no elevators! That said, hotel looks great, location is great, service is fantastic as well.
5 night family trip Jan 21, 2014
Carlos
"Great location Beautiful Beach"
Our only big complaint was the front desk personel. Their conduct was very disappointing and unproffesional to say the very least. If you have an emergency don't expect them to answer the phone. Bear in mind rooms are a distance from lobby. We were advised that we could ask to be moved to another room if we weren't happy with location. When we did it was a nightmare. We had two rooms, 1 person per room. Upon refusing the give the guy Mauricio $100.00 to move us he became very arrogant and insulting and made us wait til next day. When I went to new room, my luggage wasn't there and front desk said I was in wrong room, even though they gave me that key with card indicating room number. After causing me much anguish not to mention lost vacation time, they realized they were in err. I locked myself out one day and they wouldn't answer phone. I had to go down for help. Another day my son jammed the safe and after several calls with no answer from front desk, I went down. They informed me safe guy would be there in a few minutes. After waiting and waiting we called and Mauricio said guy will be there in 5 minutes. It took 3 hours for guy to come and when he did, he said he had just been informed of problem. More of our vacation time taken from us. Such incompetence is unexceptable. God help the person who has a severe emergency in that hotel because you won't get it from the front desk. .
Other trip Jan 15, 2014
Jeannie
"Amazing Vacation!"
From the time of arrival at the Riu Yucatan, the staff were nothing short of phenomenal. They put on a New Years Eve celebration and really out did themselves. The food and drink service was amazing. Never having had stayed at an all inclusive, we were a bit skeptical about how the food and drinks would be. We were quite pleased to see them use natural and quality ingredients in the food and drinks. We will be back to this resort at some point and highly recommend it to anyone traveling in Playa Del Carmen. One of the major perks of this resort is the beach access, not many resorts have this in the area.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
Ida
"Beautiful Beach and Pools"
We had a wonderful time at Riu Yucatan in December 2013. The pool areas are nice, bars are nice, good food, and the beach is perfect. The pool bar was a little cold, but a very small complaint considering everything else was very nice.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
"Would not stay again"
This was our first visit to an all inclusive hotel and may be our last. While the rooms were comfortable and clean enough, the food, drinks and activities were nothing special. Families with small children seemed to have a great time. We have older kids. The pools closed at 7PM and there was no hot tub. The guests marked prime chair locations early in the morning. The beach was beautiful and water was very comfortable. There was a constant flow of jet skis and boats pulling parasailers that kept the water choppy and noisy. The towel stand was open 8AM to 5PM making it impossible to get a dry towel when we were gone on an all-day excursion. Restaurants closed at 10. When we arrived late the only available food was a refrigerator with hot dogs and hamburgers to be heated in a microwave. Eating at the specialty restaurants required a reservation first thing in the morning. We were not impressed by the Mexican and Steak houses. The buffet had many choices. It was always possible to find something good to eat, but dishes were often overcooked or flavorless. The bars offer good quality alcohol choices, but the margarita mix tasted powdered. All 3 wine choices had an off taste. I would recommend only drinks made with simple ingredients. The New Year's Eve celebration was fun. Staff were friendly and helpful, but it was a fight to get even a small checkout delay when our daughter was in the hospital on our day of departure. That moved the rating from 3 to 2 stars.
Other trip Jan 4, 2014
TL
We loved the Riu Yucatan, the staff was friendly and helpful. We loved all the different activities they had during the day and evening.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
"Paradise!"
My family of five had an awesome vacation at this beautiful hotel! We had two rooms and they were both spotless. The beach is absolute paradise. We loved the food and drink and the staff couldn't have been friendlier! I would highly recommend!
Other trip Dec 29, 2013
pml
"Great all inclusive but with room for improvement."
We went over Christmas with our extended family of 7. The resort is beautiful and clean. Staff very friendly and entertainment and activities were really fun. The only complaint we have was the food and the choices for alcohol. The food was really bad. Lunches were the most palatable. No top shelf liquor and all alcohol even beer was watered down.
Other trip Dec 29, 2013
Phylicia
"Nice family friendly hotel close to the beach"
Spent 10 days at the Riu Yucatan and had a great time each day (even the days that it poured down rain). there is a lot of shopping nearby, some within walking distance and some just a short cab ride away. The front desk staff is very knowledgeable and quick to help you in any way possible. The beach is clean and well groomed every day.
Other trip Dec 7, 2013
Mikey
This an older resort that has been updated. It is kept clean and tidy. The rooms are plain. We did not like the food. There are a lot of activities to do when the weather is good. The pool and beach area is very nice.
Other trip Dec 1, 2013
Ang
"Great As Always"
We love Playa Del Carmen and prefer to stay in Playacar.This was our ninth year to return to the area and for most of those years we have stayed at one of the Riu resorts in Playacar. The Yucatan is not our favorite, but it’s our favorite for the price. It is a very nice resort in a good location with good service and you can’t beat the beach. There are other resorts with better service, but of course you pay extra to get the additional service. The only down side is that a large number of the people who stay at the Yucatan (at least in November when we go) are very ill-mannered, which shows mostly at dinner at the buffet style restaurant. I’m not sure where they are from, but they are just rude people. But that is of small concern against all the other positive things about the experience, the resort and the area. You just have to ignore and overlook the poor behavior. The Yucatan is a great choice, especially at the price.
Other trip Nov 24, 2013
L
"been to mexico over 25 times, best deal"
this is probably one of the best ran, best serviced, best food, close to the beach places I have stayed, especially for the money,,,,,booked our next trip there in 6 months within 48 hrs of landing...absolutely awesome. cant complain about anything whatsoever.
Other trip Nov 21, 2013
"fantastic trip"
Wow so much to say but one word sums it up Fantastic! We highly recommend you go for a suite we did(5301)ask for it if you can, incredible space to move around in. We always stay at Riu properties and this one out did them all. Newly remolded clean and crisp. The pictures on line and on here are not of the remolded hotel. Be carful not to drink to much and be on top floor(only 3)because no elevators! Also don't get room to close to pool as it can get a little noisy at night but not to late just till 1130 or so. You can go for the specialty Restaurants but not as good as the service and food you get at the main dining room. We took free scuba lessons at pool 11am and 3 pm great teacher we had never done it before but went to the open ocean the next day! So you can to! Excaret is over rated if you have time opt for Xha ha better snorkeling. No A/C in public places except main dining room .Monkeys right outside our balcony, blue skies and white beaches and the love of my life what can I say more.
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
Dennis
Were there celebrating a birthday. The staff were very accommodating and helpful with our needs during our stay and the Manager even made a reservation for the birthday dinner. The hotel is immaculate and located right on the beach. There were plenty of beach chairs available throughout the day; however, the ones around the pool go fast and people leave towels to reserve them as early as 6:00 a.m. Making reservations for the sit down restaurants was easy. We stopped by the desk before 10:00 and were able to try all three of them during the our stay. The dinner at the main buffet is really good as well. Entertainment staff is lousy, non-personable and fail to engage with the guests. Compared to the team at the Riu in Cabo they do not come even close. During one of the shows at night, the Michael Jackson impersonator was about 5 ft. tall and where normally the professional dancers will perform along, they had the same lifeless entertainment people instead. It was offensive. They had a show with tenors and one of a professional dancing showcase as well - those we're great. Most of the guest were European and with that, be prepared to see a lot of topless women sunbathing around the pool and at the beach. Overall we had a great experience and plan to go back next year.
Other trip Sep 15, 2013
Fernando
"RIU Yucatan - Playa Del Carmen"
WONDERFUL! I have been to many hotels adn resorts in the carribean with many different brands and I think this one was the best. Definitely will return.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
Rob
"Great service, excellent food, beutiful ocean view"
It was our first time in Playa del Carmen. The staff and service was excellent. Our room was always clean and we did not want to leave the hotel. We are definitely going back
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
"Fun in the sun"
My mom and I went on a ten day vacation to Playa Del Carmen. It was our first time at the Riu Yucatan. We had stayed at hte Riu Palce on a previous trip. We were very pleased with our travel experience there. Upon arrival, we were welcomed very warmly by the hotel staff. We had a couple of requests that were easily taken care of. without it being a big deal by the employee attending to it. Through out our whole trip, we did not meet one employee that wasn't nice/pleasant. The staff seems to care about their guests. The hotel was recently rennovated and it shows. The lobby is of modern decor . The rooms had a new bathroom. The beds were comfortable and mattresses clean. There was a flat screen TV. My little complaint would be that there were not enough of popular TV shows/Stations in English. Our room was centrally located so it was very easy to find our way. The rooms were clean! as well as the hotel!! The pool and beach were awesome. The ocean was a little rough when we were there. o beverage service on the beach but the bar was close by near the pool. The pool had a great swim up bar, jacuzzi and seemed big enough. These areas were also very clean! The only gripe was lounges / chairs around the pool and beach. There weren't enough. every morning we asked one of the entertainment workers to get us chairs from the beach. He did w/o a problem. we gave him a tip The animation/entertainment staff r AWESOME!! Fun & friendly
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
Lori
"FABULOUS resort"
While the RIU Yucatan is starting to show some wear, it is still a fabulous resort. The tiles on the pool are sun bleached , and yes even missing a few. I don;t want to dwell on these minor imperfections. There are a few if you are looking for perfection. I am led to believe it will be remodeled after April 2013. And that the RIU Playacar is to be razed shortly. It is just, again, fabulous. The beach! The staff! The food! They have the friendliest and most outgoing staff of any resort. I feel like I am at home. Nothing like the Barcelo' who has the most dour, sad looking, unfriendliest staff if you are not a Nationale. Our favorite staff member was our morning server- Graciela. My wifes coffee and our juice were gotten as soon as she saw us. She must have been the niciest person I have ever met. I hope the RIU reads this. The food in the buffets are actually HOT! And very delicious.. Many choices abound. The dinner buffets are every bit as good as the specialty resteraunts. The beach is very wide with plenty of loungers and shade if desired. As are the pools. Or lots of openess for sun worshippers. The greatest aspect of Playacar beaches in general-NO vendors or pedallers. The entertainment has been mostly updated to newer, fresher shows. Except for Grease. I can now say I have seen this for 10 years in different locations now. The only draw back to the rooms are the beds and pillows. You can probably not tell the difference between them and a rock.
Other trip Apr 19, 2013
"Riu Yucatan"
Great staff, clean and secure. Had an awesome experience. Right next to the beach. Overall good place to vacation.
Other trip Apr 17, 2013
Ty
"Great pool and beach, but rooms need updating"
The towels and bedding at the hotel need to be replaced. The towels were very worn and the mattresses were very uncomfortable. The pool and the beach were the best part of this hotel.
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
"Great hotel for everybody"
It has been great time. Good entertainment, food and drinks. Staff very efficient.
Other trip Apr 2, 2013