All hotels in St. Petersburg, Florida, United States of America
6638 4th St N, St. Petersburg, FL, 33702, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

"unhappy costumer"
Front desk personnel especially cassandra not friendly and calls attention of costumer by hand language like "come here" , hotel charged my 2 credit cards same full amount of stay which still appears even after check out and one credit card should be "incidental only " obviously not true. breakfast is very limited , no eggs for a good while and juices taste like water. I was expecting more from a la quinta hotel. sheets smell bad and so ou have to bring your own if you stay there
3 night trip Apr 3, 2014
unhappy costumer
"Poor quality"
Scary neighborhood!! Way overpriced for the actual accommodations!!!
3 night business trip Mar 31, 2014
Enjoyed hotel. Staff was friendly. Room was very nice.
Other trip Apr 3, 2014
char
"Nice hotel close to venue downtown St. Petersburg"
The location was great. So easy to navigate to and from downtown St. Petersburg. And so many restraurants on same road as hotel.
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
"Not the greatest, but adequate."
After looking at all the reviews online, I chose this La Quinta because it appeared to be in the best location with the best reviews. However, after visiting, I discovered it was not. It is in an older section of town on a main drag, but not really within walking distance of any restaurants or shops. We were put on the third floor because we had a dog, and I wish that wasn't the case because I could hear a lot of dogs barking (ours doesn't very often) or babies crying. It must be where they put the "unwanted" guests. The room was dark and fairly small. When driving around, I saw other LaQuinta's that would have been more preferable locations.
5 night trip Mar 14, 2014
SB
It was very nice, but our door lock battery died and the door could be opened without the key. We did not find this out till the morning of the second day. Maintenance fixed it right away.
3 night trip Mar 19, 2014
on the last day the hotel staff rushed us to leave early and we didn't want to.
1 night family trip Mar 10, 2014
ali
I enjoyed the stay. Staff pleasant, rooms clean, the only reason for not giving 5 stars is cause the pool was tiny and right by the main road.
4 night trip with friends Feb 23, 2014
Tricia
"nice"
Nice clean Motel with O.K. breakfast bar. I do not have anythong else to add about my experience.
Other trip Feb 19, 2014
james
Stay was fine...new carpeting very nice, but old stained chairs in the room. Too big for the room.pets were not supposed to be on my floor but there was a dog.
4 night trip Feb 9, 2014
"Clean and comfortable"
Hotel service was very nice. Clean comfortable rooms. Quiet and convenient location.
2 night trip with friends Jan 24, 2014
"It was ok"
Front desk clerks were not very friendly. The room keys had issues, especially when trying to get back in hotel from pool, Towel racks are so high I had to get travel mate to reach mine. It was an okay stay, certainly nothing to write home about.
1 night trip with friends Jan 25, 2014
"Pleasing Stay"
The room was clean. The staff was excellent. The Desk Manager provided excellent service and assistance in our special requests during our stay. I would stay there again.
Other trip Jan 11, 2014
"Close to football bowl game I was attending"
Hotel was very nice, however I could have lived without smelling dogs in the elevator. I have allergies.
1 night trip Dec 22, 2013
"Nice location, reasonable price"
Good value for the price. Clean, close to everything we wanted to see. Tons of places to eat nearby. They had a reasonable breakfast, nothing special. The rooms were clean, beds comfortable. Just what you would expect.
5 night family trip Dec 14, 2013
"close to downtown"
Lots of places close by about a 10 minute drive to downtown. Gentleman at front desk was VERY helpful and kind. I found the location a little awkward, but other than that, it was a good stay.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
"Closer to downtown than I thought"
My first trip to St. Petersburg and I will definitely stay here again. It was farther enough away from downtown not to warrant an exorbitant price but close enough that it wasn't a long drive. I love the at home and comfortable vibe the hotel has. Pleasant stay.
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
"Great place, very economical and well run"
I had a perfect holiday. La Quinta is one of the best chain motels/hotels.
4 night trip with friends Sep 27, 2013
Ramin A
"Clean and Quiet"
Clean and quiet place to stay close to Downtown St. Pete with access to Tampa and Clearwater. Friendly service.
6 night business trip Aug 15, 2013
"Wonderful staff !"
The employees here are a absolutely superb. They are friendly, warm and accomodating. The rooms' condition is another matter. While certain attractive, there were multiple dark stains on the ottoman, toothpaste spatters on the bathroom mirror, a large smear of some unidentified substance on the counter and on the headboard. Made me very uncomfortable. But . . if you want an inexpensive room I guess you could do worse.
3 night business trip Aug 12, 2013
"Looking for a pet friendly atmosphere."
Great experience. Definitely pet friendly. The room was clean, spacious, including small refrigerator and microwave made the stay a lot more comfortable for on premises stay for my husband taking care of our animal children while I was away during the day visiting with a sick family member.
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
Bunkie
"Good, but noisy on the street side"
Overall the hotel was great- fantastic service and very helpful staff. Only complaint was we were on the street side (main drag) and it was very noisy with traffic. If I were to stay again I'd ask for the residential side.
3 night trip Jun 12, 2013
Traveler
"COZY"
I LOVE VERY MINUTE OF IT TO THE BED SHEETS TO THE PILLOWS
Other trip Jun 7, 2013
The fan in the bathroom was not working and the safe could not be used because the previous guest locked it. The door to the pool was not working properly so it was held open by a mat. Worry that you could be locked into the pool area if someone removed the mat. Otherwise, it was a nice stay.
3 night trip Apr 23, 2013
S Adams
"Overall great experience"
My boyfriend and I stayed here for the night before heading over to downtown St. Pete. Only 10 minutes away from downtown! Older building, but had a great experience! Staff were really nice and accommodating, I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would stay again.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2013
Crystal
"You get what you pay for"
the refrigerator had to be unlugged because it was so loud, the phone was broken in that 3 times in the middle of the night, it sounded the dial tone over the speaker....I reported the refrigerator the first night, but it was never repaired during two day stay. Nice size room, clean, normal mid/low hotel room. too close to busy street, so would suggest asking for room facing back of hotel. EXTREMELY small pool....nice free breakfast.
2 night trip Apr 1, 2013
"spring break"
heated pool would have been perferred, otherwise convenient location, good service.
4 night family trip Mar 28, 2013
We did'nt like this hotel. We will never stay at this hotel anymore. We are very dissapointed with the price and the location of this hotel.Thanks
2 night family trip Mar 29, 2013
"Clean and Quiet"
We stayed there during spring break so the price was up a bit that week but we found the hotel to be nice and clean and generally pretty quiet too. It's no frills, there aren't a lot of extras (does have a free breakfast and a small outdoor pool) but if you want clean and quiet this is a good choice.
Other trip Mar 31, 2013
"Very clean, could not sleep"
Staff was excellent, place very clean, we left a day earlier than our reservation was for because I got NO sleep or rest here because of faulty refrigerator compressor which keep me awake each night and I was sooo tired we had to leave a day early after prepaying for it. It was handy to eaterys.
Other trip Mar 31, 2013
"Convenient"
the hotel was very clean. Staff was friendly. I would stay at a LaQuinta again.
3 night trip Mar 9, 2013
"Nice hotel for around $100, with ideal location"
Nice hotel with an ideal location. Our trip was more focused on the museums, shops and gardens than the beach, so we opted for a hotel on 4th Street down the road from the Sunken Gardens and art museums and around the corner from Central Ave (or Road or Street, I don't remember), where there were a bunch of cool little shops and eateries, even a hookah bar. The hotel staff hooked us up with an early check in, free of charge, when we got there at noon even though they have a sign saying early check in is a $30 charge. The lobby area and continental breakfast area were very clean (although we didn't get up early enough for their breakfast) and so were the hallways, elevator and our room. The room was nicely decorated modern style, and the bathroom had lots of nice granite, decent pressure in the shower, plenty of hot water. We were in the room next to the ice maker and soda machines and didn't hear a thing through the heavy door. All their rooms are nonsmoking which is nice, in fact the whole hotel smelled really nice and fresh, and in our room we had a minifridge and microwave in the room, both of which ran like new. I think the flat screen we had was HD, because it was as clear as our HDTV at home. The king size bed we got was comfortable and so were the pillows, although they were a little thick. Overall I would totally recommend this place to anyone looking to stay in the St. Petersberg area, while avoiding the beach and the typical traffic that's usually at the beach.
Other trip Feb 28, 2013
Maggie
"Pleasant enuogh place to stay"
This hotel could use a little spiffing up but it was pleasant enough.
Other trip Feb 4, 2013
Ba
"Convenient"
I stay at the hotel there because of its location. It is close to my friend's house, serveral good eateries, The Wing House, and most importantly, the Derby Lane dog track, where I like to play poker. The are no frills at the hotel. The air conditioner didn't seem to be able to cool the room and the door lock that you flip over was missing. I don't use the offered continental breakfast because there are too many good bagel places close by. It's convenient, not real expensive and does the job.
Other trip Jan 14, 2013
dave
"Just ok"
The price-point was probably the best part of the hotel. Our room was really musty, and smelled like someone had previously smoked (a lot) in it. We were only staying 2 nights and didn't really have time to change rooms after we got in. So we did not speak to the management about it. You would think that they would check the rooms before placing guests. Even after we got home and opened the suit case you could smell the stale smoke odor from the room. Other than that the room was not bad. The free breakfast was what you might expect from a discount hotel free breakfast. It would have been nice if there were more fresh fruit, other than just bananas.
2 night family trip Jan 4, 2013
very nice and reasonable - breakfast was very good; not the usual fare (had boiled eggs and waffles)
1 night trip Dec 29, 2012
"Incredibly Friendly Staff"
We needed a hotel for the night as we headed from Atlanta to Florida. This fit the bill. A bit outdated with an old heater (rattled quite a bit), but comfortable for an overnight stay. We left behind my son's favorite blanket. I called them, and they quickly found it and held it for us until our return home. Incredibly helpful and friendly staff! Conveniently located near several restaurants and gas stations; just off of I-75.
1 night trip Dec 21, 2012
Clara
"great location; great rate"
this hotel was perfectly located in that it was only 10+/- minutes from any of the St Pete attractions we wanted to see. That combined with a very reasonable rate; breakfast on location and comfortable well maintained rooms and this is a find. Fitness room while small, was a nice addition and had enough equipment to get in that quick 30 minutes before starting a day at the museums
2 night trip Nov 15, 2012
dali lover
"Great place to stay!"
The hotel was very nice and clean. Good location. The rooms were very nice and clean.
Other trip Oct 25, 2012
Peggy
"Will stay again"
This is my first time staying at a La Quinta Inn. I will stay again.
Other trip Oct 9, 2012
Kyra
This is a great hotel for your family
Other trip Oct 3, 2012
Mrs. Johnson
"Met all requirements: elevator, fridge, breakfast"
The evening front-desk person was exceptionally nice and helpful. We were new to that area, and he suggested directions to our meeting, and choices for local restaurants. The breakfast had good variety, and the staff kept items filled up. Rooms and beds were comfortable. Nice to have a fridge in the room. Did not have time to use the pool or fitness room.
Other trip Sep 23, 2012
Jan
We were originally booked into a room that was in need of repair. We had booked a king room and was put into a room with 2 queen beds. The shower rod was falling and the coffee pot was missing the on button. We informed the management and was moved to a king room. We also felt the breakfast was less than it should have been. They did not keep it stocked. We felt the overall management was lacking.
3 night trip Sep 7, 2012
I didn't ask for a handicap bath room,so it was alittle hard for me need another bar in tub by faucet.
2 night trip Sep 9, 2012
"Great Place to Stay"
I found this hotel stay was great, room & bathroom were very clean, comfortable, and quiet. Everyone who works there that I came in contact with was pleasant and competent. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Sep 2, 2012
"absolutely great!"
I had never stayed at a La Quinta before. When I traveled I usually stayed at a Holiday Inn but this time I stayed at a La Quinta and was very impressed. The hotel staff was helpful and friendly. the bed was magnificent, my back was in heaven and the bathroom/shower were great. Everything about this hotel spoke of Quality and I would definitely recommend it to anyone traveling and needing a good place to stay
4 night trip Aug 12, 2012
"convient to sites visited"
free and good parking coffee and breakfast helpful staff
2 night family trip Aug 2, 2012
"close to location of family wedding"
It provided me the opportunity to take my pet along while attending a family wedding. My elderly parents also accompanied us. The hotel provided us with adjoining rooms which allowed us to ensure that they were okay. My brother and his family and my uncle also stayed at the hotel and were accomodated on the same floor so we were near to each other. Our stay was indeed excellent and a memorable one!
2 night trip Jul 28, 2012
Judy
"Friendly and a Good Value"
The front desk people were all helpful and friendly. Our room was clean, everything worked well, and we were not bothered by noise at any time. We stayed mostly for business purposes, needing to be nearby early the next morning. The pool is quite small, as it shows in the online photos, but it was clean and well maintained. The exercise room would be a little better if they moved the TV. It was rather small and mounted on the wall on the far right side of where all the equipment faced. The breakfast area was relaxed and sufficient for our needs - standard self-serve breakfast items - waffles, cereals, beverages, pastries, fruit, etc. The hotel is located in a good area, close to grocery stores and a few restaurants that we passed. We had a microwave and small refrigerator in the room. It was a good value for our needs and we would stay there again if we need to be in that area.
Other trip Jul 27, 2012
J & J
"In town for a game"
We had a good night, the breakfast area could use more tables, there were 4 of us and all the tables were taken at 8:00am, some of them had just 1 -2 people, so some smaller tables could be added. We were going to eat in the lobby, after 5 minutes a table opened up, this was on a Thursday morning. We thought the room was nice, had a good selection if you want to watch tv, liked having a safe in the room, the bed was comfortable.
Other trip Jul 20, 2012