All hotels in Winchester, Virginia, United States of America
103 E Piccadilly St, Winchester, VA, 22601, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Comfort In Winchester"
Very pleasant.
2 night family trip Nov 19, 2014
"Very nice place to stau"
Arrived late,check in a breeze,room was awesome,beautiful old hotel very nice bar downstairs.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
don a.
"One problem short of excellent"
The hotel and staff were very nice and the location near old town Winchester is excellent. However, there were several problems with the shower. It leaked badly. There was insufficient water the second morning. The floor tile was oddly worn, possibly from harsh cleaning, and caused redness and itching on my wife's feet.
"overnight get away"
It was in the right location. We enjoyed the night life,which was in walking distance.
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
"romance"
Beautiful historic hotel! Friendly staff and great dining. Great shopping and dining also within walking distance.
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
"Beautiful Hotel."
Overall this is a fantastic hotel! It has been beautifully renovated and it is in a perfect location near the walking mall.
1 night business trip Nov 2, 2014
Paula
"Winchester excellence"
Hotel staff was exceptional in working to fed x a package that was left by mistake.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Great Hotel in a nice small city"
I've stayed at the George Washington Inn -- the staff are exceptionally helpful and friendly. The restaurant is also very good and they accommodate my sons' "off-menu" ideas readily.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
Beams
"i felt like president everywhere beutiful."
i did not imagine how beutiful service and excellent facilities the hotel had. since i got in to the hotel and the staff make me felt special and the hotel per sue beutiful every detail high quality if someone wants to be in a grand turisim hotel with a very accesible cost this is the place. please do not lost the oportunity to be in this hotel. the best recomendation from me is look through your eyes.
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
i am lawyer
"Great hotel in downtown Winchester"
Very nice hotel. Just a short walk to the downtown area. Very historic. Will stay here again.
1 night romance trip Aug 7, 2014
Austin D
"Comfortable, inviting and classy"
If your travels take you to Winchester, a stay at the George Washington will provide all that you could need and more. The staff are helpful, courteous and efficient. An architectural landmark on the historic register, the building is clean and well maintained. Rooms have all the modern conveniences and are quite comfortable. Bathrooms are well appointed. There is a fitness center, pool and jacuzzi. The bar is attractive and well-stocked, and there is a restaurant on-site. However, the town center is only a short walk away, and it offers even better food options. The hotel is often used for weddings or other special events, so it can be crowded and hectic at times.
4 night trip Sep 11, 2014
Matthew
"Very nice...I loved the decor...A true jewel!"
The beauty of the George Washington Hotel is a sight to behold. As a 1920's era hotel, I must say that the new renovations are beautiful and done very well. Our room was modern, clean and comfortable...I will stay there again when I travel to Winchester, VA.
1 night romance trip Sep 11, 2014
James V. Schaffner
"Wonderful time"
This was one of the best hotels I have ever had the pleasure of booking. Hotel Hershey is stupendous, Ge ogre Washinon is close behind. Bed was great, staff over the top and food terrific.
2 night trip Sep 7, 2014
"Road trip"
When we arrived at the hotel there was a wedding going on and we could hear the music very loudly in the room we were first assigned. We went back to the front desk and they reassigned us to a suite well away from the party. The room was very nice and quiet so we were able to get much needest rest after our long drive from NJ. The GW is walking distance to the Old Town where you can view some of the oldest buildings in the area. There are also restaurants and shops that you can enjoy without having to get into your car.
2 night trip Aug 31, 2014
Roses
"Great getaway"
This stop on our way home was the best part of our trip, we decided to stay another day because we enjoyed it so much. The spa was a nice bonus to the wonderful experience. Everyone we met in this town was friendly. We will be back.
1 night trip Sep 3, 2014
Jenn S
"Great old hotel."
Room was exactly as pictured We walked to the Public Hpuse for dinner and enjoyed both al fresco dining and live music. On return to the hotel there was acoustic guitar in the lobby bar. Breakfast in the Dancing Goat was good and surprisingly reasonable.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
MBD
"very historical if you like that sort of thing."
older hotel in a very historical area, however the room was small and parking for guests is inconvenient. over priced for the experience unless you prefer that "historical" sort of thing.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"Classy hotel in a wonderful location"
The room was large, clean, comfortable, and had more lighting than most hotel rooms. The hotel's location is terrific - within walking distance of restaurants, museums, and historic homes.
1 night family trip Aug 25, 2014
I had my family with me during my time there. It was business / vacation. We all had a great time. So much to do within walking distance. Make sure you meet the bellman, Alfred. He is a wonderful example of the GWH hospitality culture.
4 night business trip Aug 18, 2014
"Charming"
Nice hotel with lots of charm. We really enjopyed our stay there.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Phil
"Wonderful stop"
Dancing Goat restaurant has wonderful food. Close to walking outside street mall. Pedestrian mall is Closed off to traffic and is a safe neighborhood. Nice stores and cafes. Half note bar nice and appetizers at happy hour delicious. Good stop. Room a little small, but nice.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2014
Nice finishes. Desk staff did not leave the best first impression.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
"Best hotel off of 81"
I have been staying here for the past 6yrs. It is always a pleasure.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
mb
"Nice hotel, great location"
Beautiful hotel. Great lobby, bar area, indoor pool. Old World style architecture. We stayed in a small rooom with double beds and antique furniture. The location is great in downtown Winchester, near the 'Old Town Winchester' area, which has a lot of open-air restaurants, bars, shops & stores. There was a live band playing in this 'Old Town' area the Friday night that we were there.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
DC
"Better than expected"
Awesome location. Far better quality than expected for an old town. A really nice place to stay and I highly recommend.
1 night business trip Jul 24, 2014
"Grand Hotel Well Updated"
We were there for one night and were quite impressed. Our room was fairly small but comfortable. The shower was AMAZING: huge stone area with great water pressure. The mini-fridge was not super could but we had a microwave. The front desk staff were outstanding. I received a late checkout, no problem at all. The hotel is just a few blocks from the Winchester Pedestrian Mall which is quite nice with lots of shops and many dining choices. Highly Recommend!!
1 night romance trip Jul 28, 2014
"Very Comfortable overall"
Must pay daily for parking. No free breakfast but free coffee. Walk to many restaurants and eateries. Beds were comfortable.
2 night business trip Jul 20, 2014
"Comfortable hotel; good location"
I spent a brief night here after driving all day. I didn't feel like going out so I went to the restaurant downstairs and had a delicious meal. I was disappointed to see only one other diner there at 7:30 pm when the facilities were so good and the food delicious. The staff was very knowledgable and friendly. My room was clean and comfortable. The hotel is older but elegant. I'd stay here again.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
angela
"Virgina Adventure"
Wonderful hotel and great neighborhood with lots of great places to visit. staff, food and surroundings were wonderful. Greatly enjoyed our time there and would go back in a heart beat.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Bonnie C
We will be back
4 night trip Jul 3, 2014
"See Historical Sites"
The Hotel is located in the center of the Historical sites we were interested in visiting, as well as having a history itself. With the heat and humidity in July, it was a pleasure to get back to a room that was climate controlled and clean. We plan on staying here again in the near future.
1 night trip Jul 1, 2014
Cool pool!
1 night family trip Jun 30, 2014
"Love this hotel..."
The hotel is really nice. I slept so well. I will stay at this hotel next time that I am in town.
1 night business trip Jun 29, 2014
tes
"Convenient/comfortable stop-over destination"
Wonderful hotel -- clean, quiet, friendly, looking out for guests' needs. Great restaurant in hotel. Dancing to live big band on Thursday nights. Great city to walk around for historical sites. City was Stonewall Jackson's HQ. Great rate for a two-double bed room with safe, fridge, micro-wave, flat-screen TV, satellite TV.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2014
BW
Like the room great shower pressure and hotel is in great location .
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
phatblac
"very nice hotel"
It was adequate, on the way to VA beach. A nice older hotel with character. Staff was a little reserved. Parking was $5. The neighborhood was quaint, but shut down pretty early at night.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2014
Bobby G
"Outstanding accommodations!"
We are newly retired and have been traveling for one month and this has been our favorite stay. The bed and pillows are sooo comfortable, the bath brand new with great shower and water pressure have been a delight - ahh the little things that make such a difference!
2 night trip Jun 16, 2014
"Very fine in town hotel"
close to to local shops and restaurants.......walking downtown mall is within one block. totally renovated hotel has turn of the century feel with all modern needs fully installed. no need for a car to enjoy Winchester.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2014
It was good. Room was small but well appointed.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"beautiful restoration"
loved it!
1 night trip May 25, 2014
Nice historical hotel near the walking mall. Close to restaurants and shopping. Within walking distance of the Pasty Cline museum and the Museum of the Shenandoah. Very comfortable, tasteful rooms. Plush bedding. Staff was very friendly. Pool and workout facility were incredible. Parking fee was reasonable. Hotel bar and restaurant were awesome! My only complaint was the elevator. One of the two elevators was out-of-service and the other was INCREDIBLY slow. Other than that, a flawless stay at the George Washington.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Very nice hotel but ..."
Charging $5 for parking cheapens the whole experience. Not sure if adding a fee for the room safe (which I never even saw - I guess it is in one of the closets) and then subtracting it I from my bill is supposed to make me feel good about my hotel experience? The front desk staff were very pleasant but the cleaning staff knocked on our door shortly after 10:00 and when I said to come back later she asked "when". I find this rude and invasive. Check out time was 11:00. Maybe your staff could communicate with the front desk to see what rooms had been vacated rather than bark questions through my door.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2014
"clean downtown Winchester"
the stay was OK, but expected the room to have more space. Bed not as comfortable as we thought.
2 night trip May 19, 2014
bubba
Arrived very late and greeted as if I was expected.Only problem was no parking available in their lot and having to park on the street which needed to be moved before 8:30am.Excellent pricing for breakfast compared to most hotels.
Other trip May 23, 2014
"Great accommodations!"
The George Washington Hotel in Winchester, Virginia was fabulous. The room was clean and spacious. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom had ample space. We made the reservation on Hotels.com at 11:00 pm while travelling and arrived at 11:25 pm and immediately checked in. We were fortunate to get one of the last two rooms available. Thank you for a very restful and pleasant stay.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
Tracey Rogers
"Lack of parking"
I didn't like that I was charged $5.00 for parking and there was no parking available at the hotel.
1 night family trip May 10, 2014
Enjoyed our stay. The only negative was that parking was not provided. We had to pay to park in parking deck. Other than that, we enjoyed the room and the location.
1 night trip May 10, 2014
"Great hotel close to the university."
The double bed was small for two adults. Otherwise , beautiful, clean and convient place.
Other trip May 1, 2014
"My home away from home"
A first class hotel with loads of character in the heart of old Winchester. Situated in a historic building, but one that has been completely modernized and renovated. And top all that off with excellent service.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
"comfortable and great food at the restaurant"
The hotel was a historical hotel and very special. The bar served fabulous food and the service was excellent. One of the only hotels I have been to with decent wine by the glass. The gym was small but very nice. The room and bath very nice. The neighborhood was run down unfortunately, due to American enterprise taking over small business I guess.
1 night trip Apr 8, 2014