All hotels in Winchester, Virginia, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here103 E Piccadilly St, Winchester, VA, 22601, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Grand Hotel Well Updated"
We were there for one night and were quite impressed. Our room was fairly small but comfortable. The shower was AMAZING: huge stone area with great water pressure. The mini-fridge was not super could but we had a microwave. The front desk staff were outstanding. I received a late checkout, no problem at all. The hotel is just a few blocks from the Winchester Pedestrian Mall which is quite nice with lots of shops and many dining choices. Highly Recommend!!
1 night romance trip Jul 28, 2014
"Very Comfortable overall"
Must pay daily for parking. No free breakfast but free coffee. Walk to many restaurants and eateries. Beds were comfortable.
2 night business trip Jul 20, 2014
"Comfortable hotel; good location"
I spent a brief night here after driving all day. I didn't feel like going out so I went to the restaurant downstairs and had a delicious meal. I was disappointed to see only one other diner there at 7:30 pm when the facilities were so good and the food delicious. The staff was very knowledgable and friendly. My room was clean and comfortable. The hotel is older but elegant. I'd stay here again.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
angela
"Virgina Adventure"
Wonderful hotel and great neighborhood with lots of great places to visit. staff, food and surroundings were wonderful. Greatly enjoyed our time there and would go back in a heart beat.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Bonnie C
We will be back
4 night trip Jul 3, 2014
"See Historical Sites"
The Hotel is located in the center of the Historical sites we were interested in visiting, as well as having a history itself. With the heat and humidity in July, it was a pleasure to get back to a room that was climate controlled and clean. We plan on staying here again in the near future.
1 night trip Jul 1, 2014
Cool pool!
1 night family trip Jun 30, 2014
"Love this hotel..."
The hotel is really nice. I slept so well. I will stay at this hotel next time that I am in town.
1 night business trip Jun 29, 2014
tes
"Convenient/comfortable stop-over destination"
Wonderful hotel -- clean, quiet, friendly, looking out for guests' needs. Great restaurant in hotel. Dancing to live big band on Thursday nights. Great city to walk around for historical sites. City was Stonewall Jackson's HQ. Great rate for a two-double bed room with safe, fridge, micro-wave, flat-screen TV, satellite TV.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2014
BW
Like the room great shower pressure and hotel is in great location .
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
phatblac
"very nice hotel"
It was adequate, on the way to VA beach. A nice older hotel with character. Staff was a little reserved. Parking was $5. The neighborhood was quaint, but shut down pretty early at night.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2014
Bobby G
"Outstanding accommodations!"
We are newly retired and have been traveling for one month and this has been our favorite stay. The bed and pillows are sooo comfortable, the bath brand new with great shower and water pressure have been a delight - ahh the little things that make such a difference!
2 night trip Jun 16, 2014
"Very fine in town hotel"
close to to local shops and restaurants.......walking downtown mall is within one block. totally renovated hotel has turn of the century feel with all modern needs fully installed. no need for a car to enjoy Winchester.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2014
It was good. Room was small but well appointed.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"beautiful restoration"
loved it!
1 night trip May 25, 2014
Nice historical hotel near the walking mall. Close to restaurants and shopping. Within walking distance of the Pasty Cline museum and the Museum of the Shenandoah. Very comfortable, tasteful rooms. Plush bedding. Staff was very friendly. Pool and workout facility were incredible. Parking fee was reasonable. Hotel bar and restaurant were awesome! My only complaint was the elevator. One of the two elevators was out-of-service and the other was INCREDIBLY slow. Other than that, a flawless stay at the George Washington.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Very nice hotel but ..."
Charging $5 for parking cheapens the whole experience. Not sure if adding a fee for the room safe (which I never even saw - I guess it is in one of the closets) and then subtracting it I from my bill is supposed to make me feel good about my hotel experience? The front desk staff were very pleasant but the cleaning staff knocked on our door shortly after 10:00 and when I said to come back later she asked "when". I find this rude and invasive. Check out time was 11:00. Maybe your staff could communicate with the front desk to see what rooms had been vacated rather than bark questions through my door.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2014
"clean downtown Winchester"
the stay was OK, but expected the room to have more space. Bed not as comfortable as we thought.
2 night trip May 19, 2014
bubba
Arrived very late and greeted as if I was expected.Only problem was no parking available in their lot and having to park on the street which needed to be moved before 8:30am.Excellent pricing for breakfast compared to most hotels.
Other trip May 23, 2014
"Great accommodations!"
The George Washington Hotel in Winchester, Virginia was fabulous. The room was clean and spacious. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom had ample space. We made the reservation on Hotels.com at 11:00 pm while travelling and arrived at 11:25 pm and immediately checked in. We were fortunate to get one of the last two rooms available. Thank you for a very restful and pleasant stay.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
Tracey Rogers
"Lack of parking"
I didn't like that I was charged $5.00 for parking and there was no parking available at the hotel.
1 night family trip May 10, 2014
Enjoyed our stay. The only negative was that parking was not provided. We had to pay to park in parking deck. Other than that, we enjoyed the room and the location.
1 night trip May 10, 2014
"Great hotel close to the university."
The double bed was small for two adults. Otherwise , beautiful, clean and convient place.
Other trip May 1, 2014
"My home away from home"
A first class hotel with loads of character in the heart of old Winchester. Situated in a historic building, but one that has been completely modernized and renovated. And top all that off with excellent service.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
"comfortable and great food at the restaurant"
The hotel was a historical hotel and very special. The bar served fabulous food and the service was excellent. One of the only hotels I have been to with decent wine by the glass. The gym was small but very nice. The room and bath very nice. The neighborhood was run down unfortunately, due to American enterprise taking over small business I guess.
1 night trip Apr 8, 2014
laura
"Workshop"
I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel. It was great to relax in the hot tub each evening.
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
"Hotel with history and character"
It is difficult to write about hotel stays most of the time because so much is generic. Traveling in our price range (moderate) we often end up at chain hotels that could be just about anywhere. The George Washington is different. It has class,character and charm. A very good value... so good that we booked a second night for our return north.
Other trip Apr 5, 2014
"In the middle of Old Town Winchester"
Amazing hotel was redone in 2008. They modernized it without losing any of its classic 1930s charm. The hotel sports quick and courteous staff. The resident restaurant, The Dancing Goat, is very much on the expensive side, though the food is amazing. This hotel is within walking distance to all that Old Town Winchester has to offer, though, and history buffs will appreciate the short drive to the major landmarks of the area. We will definitely be staying here again.
1 night romance trip Mar 8, 2014
Ted M.
Every aspect of the hotel was lovely. Only downgrade was for the fact that the jets in the hot tub and the fountains on the pool were not working.
1 night trip Feb 26, 2014
Wonderful time, great to be able to walk over to "Old Winchester" for food and drink. Great time!
1 night trip Feb 22, 2014
"great weekend"
For the price well worth it. Best Valentine's ever.
1 night business trip Feb 14, 2014
"GREAT Place to stay. Rooms need some TLC"
I enjoy the George Washington VERY much.. Great Hotel.. I have had at 6-7 different rooms and all needed a little paint . I will stay there every chance i get.
4 night trip Feb 3, 2014
"Stay at The George Washington Hotel!"
The staff was very accommodating and down-to-earth personable. They represented the friendliness of the local Winchester populus but with professionalism at every turn. From the management to the hallway room stewards, everyone was on the same que. The location of the hotel was also welcomed and appreciated.
Other trip Jan 27, 2014
"Hiking in the Blue Ridge"
Awesome! The price was right.
2 night family trip Jan 19, 2014
"Doing business in Winchester"
Good stay, nice hotel. The only thing that bothered me is, they charge $1.50 for a ‘Safe and Limited Warranty’. I asked the girl at the front desk, she said it was for the safe in my hotel room. From the hotel being so nice and quaint, I did not expect that. I didn’t even use the safe. I do not appreciate when people charge me for what I didn’t use. You might as well charge me for how much water I used too and if I used the coffee or shampoo in the room.
1 night business trip Jan 12, 2014
There were areas of the room that could use some up keep. The grout in the shower was all cracked and breaking. The paint in the bathroom on one wall was also very cracked. Room was very clean and comfortable though. Would stay again.
1 night trip Jan 11, 2014
"close to edge hill"
I was disappointed that they charged me $50.00 for parking instead of $5.00 on my credit so now I have to go through the hassle of getting that changed. I also spent $40 too much for the room because had I booked through the hotel I would have had the discount. I now realize it is cheaper to go through the hotel to book rooms.....I did like the hotel and the room.
1 night trip Jan 9, 2014
Canddace
"Love this Hotel"
We truly love staying at this hotel. It's historic yet modern and comfortable. It's on the edge of a fabulous downtown. Luckily, when we arrived they still had their Xmas decorations up and they were spectacular. It was beautiful. We really enjoyed everything about it.
Other trip Jan 9, 2014
"Elegance"
We love this hotel! The rooms make us feel like royalty! The indoor pool area is the best I have ever experienced!
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
"Wonderful hotel"
An elegant, fun hotel. We love the Half Note bar. Unfortunately, the restaurant food and service was not very good; however, numerous great restaurants are in walking distance from the hotel.
1 night trip Jan 4, 2014
"Great location, close to the pedestrian mall."
The hotel staff was great! They went out of their way to ensure guests were comfortable.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
Could use better pillows.
1 night trip Dec 27, 2013
"Great atmosphere"
Having great atmosphere based on the history, can expect impressive stay. The only one thing I worried about was, the noise of operating the air conditioner (it could be silent!). Other than that, I and my family loved this hotel.
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
Sasapang
We have stayed here several times and the service is great. The only problem we encountered was the pool is never warm enough and the spa is way too hot or not working.
1 night trip Dec 26, 2013
Ed
"Charming Downtown Winchester"
We needed room for overflow guests for the holiday. This was perfect! Staff was very helpful with special needs; great location for enjoying Winchester's pedestrian mall; room and hotel very clean; comfortable beds
4 night trip Dec 22, 2013
Jane E
"great time"
all great but no where to eat early morning sunday breakfast !!
1 night trip Nov 30, 2013
"Nickel and dime charges"
Hotel was nice staff was friendly. Only complaints were the 5.00 charge for parking that was automatically billed to my room even though I was parked on the street and the 1.50 charge for a safe that I did not use ( is also automatic) Charging these nickel and dime fees is a little ridiculous on a hotel that averages 140.00 a night per room.Parking lot had approximately 60 spaces and then there is the municipal parking garage that is 10.00/ night. If you can find meter parking, it is free after 6 PM and weekends/holidays
1 night trip Nov 29, 2013
"Shower wins it."
I love historic hotels, but also appreciate an updated and well-appointed room. The George Washington in Winchester has both. But, for those of you with an appreciation for glass walk-in showers with no limitation on water flow - this place takes the cake.
1 night trip Nov 17, 2013
Beautiful hotel! Great staff. Loved the close proximity to Old Town Winchester.
1 night romance trip Nov 16, 2013
Harth
"We loved it!"
This hotel is beautifully restored. Every detail was well thought out. We especially loved the pool! The Olde Town is nice.
1 night trip Nov 5, 2013