All hotels in San Luis Obispo, California, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here404 Santa Rosa St, San Luis Obispo, CA, 93405, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
"Dump"
We had stayed there once before and were satisfied for the price.However, this time when I requested a second floor I was told they didn't have one and gave us a handicap room and neither of us are handicap.They had placed the microwave & ref.in the closet area which made it hard to hang clothes, the pocket door for the bathroom had no latch to retrive it and since the sink was with the shower and toilet there was no counter space and no privacy. We were in a no smoking room but the the bed blanket had a big cigarette burn. Since we have family in the area we will be going to SLO again, but we will find another place to stay.
2 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
"Mixed messages"
Was looking for a clean affordable hotel that was pet friendly and pretty much got that. The exterior of the hotel was off putting, needs cleaning and work. Dirty laundry was being stored under the stairs leading to our room. The room was clean, had new, nice bath fixtures but the one side of the blanket had cigarette burns.
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
Alma
"Great for the price"
Went in with low expectations and this hotel was perfect. Clean rooms and close location. Swimming pool is too small and breakfast is just muffins, but other than that it is was okay. Day staff were nice, but the night staff could use a smile!
3 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
Jad
"awesome little getaway"
Awesome stay place looks like it was just remodeled. People were very friendly and price was amazing. Thanks
1 night romance trip Jan 4, 2015
chris
"Updated rooms"
We stayed one night and were pretty much surprised. The hotel looks like a nothing special from the outside, but really nice and comfortable from the insight: the rooms are updated. The receptionist was very nice and kind. The location is concise isn't, just a fee minutes drive from the downtown of San Luis Obispo. The only thing is the breakfast that is far from being continental.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"There are better hotels for the same rate."
You can find a better hotel deal. Pool is disgusting. Weird dude outside every night asking me for cigarettes (not a guest). You get the feeling you're being watched. I wouldn't really have any complaints but they wouldn't refund any money to me when I decided to check out early.
3 night romance trip Dec 21, 2014
j j f
"I'll Stay Here Only If There Are No Other Options"
One of my best friends graduated from Cal Poly, so my three other friends and I decided to drive down to San Luis Obispo. I booked the hotel room despite the horror stories I heard from others about the cleanliness of the room and hoped for the best. When we arrived, on Friday afternoon, we went to check-in. The man behind the counter was upset that four of us decided to stay in one room (with two queen beds.) He wanted to charge us more even though we had already paid for the room. He only backed down when we told him we'd "figure it out in the room." The room itself was not that bad. It was a basic hotel room, and it was clean when we got the keys. Since we paid $70 per night, that was more than fine for all of us. However, the manager refused to give us extra towels and continued to wonder whether or not there would be two or four people staying there. Perhaps there was an error on how many people I entered on the booking site, but I have never been harassed by a innkeeper regarding the number of people staying in a hotel room before. The "breakfast" was non existent, which was disappointing, but I'd rather eat in town anyways (Louisa's Place on Higuera is a must, especially for their pancakes!). To make matters worse, nobody cleaned our hotel room on Saturday. I do not know why. The room itself is fine, but next time I go to SLO, I will just stay at Motel 6. It's the same price minus the obnoxious innkeeper. Never staying here again.
2 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2014
Isaac
Inexpensive, and clean. What more could you want. Perfect if you're not looking for anything fancy just a nice place to stay.
Other trip Dec 10, 2014
"This hotel was acceptable to a brief stay."
Nothing terrible... nothing real special... the furnishings were sufficient
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
TnT
easy highway access. clean, well laid out room. inexpensive rates
Other trip Dec 4, 2014
"CP SLO Weekend"
for a Cal Poly event this place is pretty perfect. I'm not picky tho. primarily need a place to sleep & shower. quick drive up the street to the campus, walking distance to the shops & restaurants in town, then back on the freeway in a few seconds......perfect for me!
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
"Thanksgiving Getaway"
I booked through Hotels . com - specifically booked THIS hotel b/c only available in price range w/2 KING rooms. On arrival NO rooms w/KING beds. Given adjoining rooms, each room w/2 queens. Worked out ok but not what I specifically booked. The place was clean except long hairs in shower/sink. Picked up w/tissue/threw away. Our room had NO outlets except next to sink/inconvenient for charging phones/tablet. Adjoining room had TONS of outlets! Bathrooms freezing COLD! Figured out first night you have to leave the bathroom door open/turn on heater for couple hours before shower. Rooms comfortable, location convenient/quiet. Walls paper-thin, but we had end-unit/our kids in adjoining room/we could speak loud/text kids "keep it down in there". Staff friendly/helpful/provided extra towels/pillows on request. Flooring is (faux) hardwood instead of carpet (good!)(Freaked out about bedbugs/always check online reports). Hotel somewhat upgraded/more upgrades needed. Would stay here again/recommend if don't want to pay inflated holiday prices other area hotels charge for "special" weekends. Make sure to get a room with lots of outlets!
3 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
I called the front desk for a taxi but she's was rude and said you call. what happen to customer service also it was not busy at the time.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
OK place for taking a dog. Rooms clean. Continental breakfast was quite weak (2 types of cereal, 1 type of muffin).
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
"Good for the price"
This place wasn't the cleanest. Stains on the chair and carpet and cigarette burn in the shower curtain. But for the price it was acceptable.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Better than we expected"
We booked a last minute trip to SLO. My husband had stayed here a couple of years ago and said he would not return. I read that the rooms had been renovated so I tried again. They are renovated and much better than they were. It is shabby outside, but the room was clean, mostly upgraded and beds were comfy. We slept great. New windows too. The locations was very central. We spent little time there except to sleep but I would stay again. Coffee was NOT good at the continental breakfast.
3 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
Kimberly
Great Location for visiting Cal Poly. It was a little loud on Friday and Saturday night, people partying and the like. The heated pool was as cold as the pacific ocean.
3 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
Luke
"A good experience."
the room was clean and comfortable, it was unusual not to have someone at the front desk during the evening.
1 night trip with friends Nov 2, 2014
"you can't always get what you want...."
The room was fine, except for the paper thin walls. I could hear everything going on in the surrounding rooms which was unfortunate because I was in an intersection room. Three close by upstairs and three close by downstairs.
1 night trip with friends Oct 31, 2014
"Good value for money"
Had stayed previous night and returned following night because of change of plans No complaints at all doesn't pretend to be a mega star place just plain comfortable and clean and welcoming.
1 night romance trip Oct 30, 2014
"Relaxing stay"
The room was clean and neat. The owner was very friendly and offered suggestions on where to go in town. It was quiet and I felt very secure, as I was traveling solo. I would stay here again!
1 night trip Oct 21, 2014
"Nice but noisey"
I was impressed with the room. Much nicer on the inside than what the outer appearance would indicate. My only issue was that the wall between my room and the one next door was so thin it sounded as if the couple were having a conversation in my room. The price was a special deal and quite a value but I didn't get the night's sleep that I needed. The folks on the other side of the thin wall talked until 1:30am.If it weren't for that, I'd say that I was thrilled with the place for the money.
1 night trip Oct 16, 2014
Alexandra
"traffic convenient"
many food store around the hotel, traffic very conventient to downtown. Just a little noise as near freeway and has a police station. Overall the area is good.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Jaime
"Riff Raff"
Visit was ok but this Hotel seems to attract some Riff Raff. Group to both rooms next door partied all night and our TV and AC went out on us twice.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Anthony
"Just ok"
They did let me check in early, room was cleanbut the pillows sucked and hardly any towels and no coffee maker I'm room
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"Newly rennovated"
Don't let the outside appearance fool you...this is a real find for parents taking their kids to Cal Poly...although the outside looks shabby, the newly renovated rooms are great: granite and travertine in bathroom, refrigerator and microwave in room, nice mattresses and friendly staff
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
Ellen
"Nice place to crash"
Rooms okay. Staff was great. Not much on amenities. Muffins, coffee, juice, milk and cereal for breakfast.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
Brandon
This place was super clean. The bed was the most comfortable bed I ave ever slept in. The pool was heated but super small. They had a small continental breakfast in the lobby with cereal, muffins juice and coffee. We LOVED it and would definitely stay again.
2 night business trip Aug 30, 2014
"Surprisingly nice"
This is an older building. The staff was nice. The room had hard wood floors and updated bathroom fixtures. Clean. Good hot water. Pool was good. Location is convenient, but can be noisy. Breakfast options included quartered bigbox store muffins.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
melR
"close to the beach and sea otters"
The room was clean and comfortable, didn't have a coffee pot, but good in other ways, our room was next to the pool and it was heated for the kids to play in. We will stay there again because it was a nice place, and it was close to the restaurant's.
1 night romance trip Aug 24, 2014
Cathy Goleman
"very welcoming"
San Luis inn isn't as bad as the other reviews say check in is at 2:00 they let me check several hours early I work nights a lot of other place's would charge for that early of checking in all I paid was a few dollars for a room upgrade
2 night business trip Aug 19, 2014
steven
Extremely expensive for a hotel which looks like a motel.
2 night family trip Aug 2, 2014
"Not clean"
Kept looking for bugs. Stuff growing in sink drain
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
n/a
"spend a few extra bucks and skip this place."
Close to downtown. Rooms were fine but the facility is run down. Seems to be used by blue color construction contractors. Terrible pillows.
1 night trip Jul 23, 2014
"okay...would not recommend"
Innkeeper didn't even acknowledge me when I walked in. Continued talking on phone for quite sometime in his home language. When he finally got off phone when a man walked in ( May have been a cultural thing since I am a women ) very unfriendly and sullen. The Continental Breakfast was one dry cereal and muffins cut in 1/4 ; old couch to sit on. Would never refer this hotel to anyone.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014
Mrs. K
"Hotel that takes dogs"
Room looked newly renovated. although right by a freeway we never heard it from our room.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
B
"Way too expensive for the amenities"
Brusque staff. Sparse bedding. No coffee maker in the room. Very loud road noise. The Continent is probably insulted that their breakfast was named after it.
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2014
Roadtrip
"pleasantly surprised"
Didn't look like much from the outside but the rooms were clean and updated. Bathroom was very nice. Loved the location. Right off the freeway, easy to find and located very close to the school and downtown slo. The service was great. Let us check in early and they weren't bugging us to get out at check out. Great price ... Will definitely return soon.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2014
"Decent value but with freeway noise."
Staff friendly, room clean. Motel is about what you'd expect for the price. 24/7 freeway noise so earplugs recommended for sleeping.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
"San Luis Inn And Suites Review"
Very friendly, courteous and responsive staff including front desk and service personnel. Location is close to down town but yet far enough to be quiet and away from the bustle of down town. The continental breakfast is better and a has a larger variety than most similar hotels. Rooms were clean, bathrooms were clean and well stocked with towels, soap etc.. Furniture seemed relatively new and just recently assembled. Even when full there seemed to be sufficient insulation in the walls to provide adequate sound isolation. Parking lot is well laid out with ample parking between rows so it is not a squeeze but on days like graduation days the parking spaces may fall short specially if families and kids descend on it with two cars per room !
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Good Location"
Everything was O.K. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, the swimming pool nice after a journey. We would not recommend it for a long stay, because of the surroundings and the noise of the highway. ( which did not disturb us during the night )
1 night trip Jun 9, 2014
Dominique
"would stay again"
Location easy to highway. Room fine & clean, Would stay again.
1 night trip Jun 6, 2014
Roadrunner
"Downtown Friendly"
Great, safe location that's affordable. Swimming pool really cold
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
Billy Bob
"Walk to downtown, comfortable enough"
This was a great "home base" for a weekend getaway back to visit my college town. Pros: the inside of the room had been recently renovated. The beds were comfortable and the appliances were functional. Easy walk to downtown and the Breakfast Buzz down the street for a breakfast burrito (you want one, trust me). Heated pool that people actually seemed to use. Cons: The outside of the hotel was nothing special (a little rough around the edges, perhaps). The walls were thin and we heard snoring/sneezing all night. We could hear the freeway, too. Also, the room smelled very strongly of air freshener.
1 night trip with friends May 2, 2014
Veronica
"inexpensive, brand new interiors"
short walk to Higuera, just by the 101 highway. I didn't expect much from the look of it outside (which wasn't bad, just didn't look like much), but the room was very clean and the bathroom appeared brand new. I would go back anytime to be close the action in SLO
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
"Hmmmm.."
Don't remember much from this trip (thx 805), but I do remember thinking, "This room ain't bad." But then, I noticed the parking lot and the shady people around.. Good as a launching point into the wilds of downtown SLO, but that's it.
1 night trip with friends Apr 5, 2014
Heeey
wouldn't stay again!!
2 night trip Apr 2, 2014
"Weekday Getaway"
A perfect little place for anyone on a budget that is looking to have a good time. Perfect location, within walking distance of Downtown and the room was very clean and comfortable. Plus a free microwave, wifi, and fridge.
2 night romance trip Mar 19, 2014
"Simple hotel on a great location"
The location of this hotel is perfect. On the crossing of Hw 1 & 101 (yet hardly any noise), and only a 5-10 minute walk from downtown San Luis Obispo. The hotel itself is nothing special, but it was clean. The breakfast is not great, just muffins, some cereal, coffee and juice. I would have really liked some tea and a table to eat the breakfast on...but all was fine for a short stay.
1 night romance trip Mar 15, 2014
"Close to Downtown"
Reasonably priced, with lots of new upgrades with flat screens and new key card entry. Pool looks a little dumpy
Other trip Mar 17, 2014