All hotels in San Luis Obispo, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here404 Santa Rosa St, San Luis Obispo, CA, 93405, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Walk to downtown, comfortable enough"
This was a great "home base" for a weekend getaway back to visit my college town. Pros: the inside of the room had been recently renovated. The beds were comfortable and the appliances were functional. Easy walk to downtown and the Breakfast Buzz down the street for a breakfast burrito (you want one, trust me). Heated pool that people actually seemed to use. Cons: The outside of the hotel was nothing special (a little rough around the edges, perhaps). The walls were thin and we heard snoring/sneezing all night. We could hear the freeway, too. Also, the room smelled very strongly of air freshener.
1 night trip with friends May 2, 2014
Veronica
"inexpensive, brand new interiors"
short walk to Higuera, just by the 101 highway. I didn't expect much from the look of it outside (which wasn't bad, just didn't look like much), but the room was very clean and the bathroom appeared brand new. I would go back anytime to be close the action in SLO
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
"Hmmmm.."
Don't remember much from this trip (thx 805), but I do remember thinking, "This room ain't bad." But then, I noticed the parking lot and the shady people around.. Good as a launching point into the wilds of downtown SLO, but that's it.
1 night trip with friends Apr 5, 2014
Heeey
wouldn't stay again!!
2 night trip Apr 2, 2014
"Weekday Getaway"
A perfect little place for anyone on a budget that is looking to have a good time. Perfect location, within walking distance of Downtown and the room was very clean and comfortable. Plus a free microwave, wifi, and fridge.
2 night romance trip Mar 19, 2014
"Simple hotel on a great location"
The location of this hotel is perfect. On the crossing of Hw 1 & 101 (yet hardly any noise), and only a 5-10 minute walk from downtown San Luis Obispo. The hotel itself is nothing special, but it was clean. The breakfast is not great, just muffins, some cereal, coffee and juice. I would have really liked some tea and a table to eat the breakfast on...but all was fine for a short stay.
1 night romance trip Mar 15, 2014
"Close to Downtown"
Reasonably priced, with lots of new upgrades with flat screens and new key card entry. Pool looks a little dumpy
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
Billy Bob
This rating would gave been lower if a zero entry was available. The site allowed smoking in and around rooms, the smell was terrible, transfered to our clothes and luggage. Would not recommend nor would I stay there again.
2 night family trip Mar 7, 2014
Motel was newly updated. The only thing for me was the bed was a bit soft. Other then that it was a comfortable stay.
1 night business trip Feb 25, 2014
Mr. H
"Remodeled and a high-end feel"
I really hate giving this positive review because this is the best kept secret in CA The rates are well below what this hotel should be charging! i travel often and am blown away by the great service and outstanding accommodations.
1 night business trip Jan 28, 2014
Rick Libby
Small rooms BUT a place to lay down our heads!
1 night family trip Jan 5, 2014
"Not worth the money"
Price was reasonable but every thing else was bad. Room had left over wooden boards from remodeling. Although we had taken non smoking room, there was lot of cigarette smoke smell in the room. Room had a shared door with another room, hence it was not sound proof and TV sound we could hear almost whole night.
1 night trip Dec 31, 2013
Shaan
"Run of the mill three star place"
The owners are trying to upgrade the place. Flatscreens in every room, upgraded bathrooms, pretty compared to some of the other flee-bag hotels in the area
Other trip Jan 9, 2014
Billy Bob
"remodeled rooms a nice surprise"
From the price and outside appearance I wasn't expecting such a nicely appointed room. New flooring and furnature, modern designed bathroom and vanity, mini fridge and microwave flat screen TV and comfortable beds. There was nothing not to like. The continental breakfast was sparse but I look forward to breakfast in town when I stay in SLO anyways. Hotel clerks were very pleasant and accommodating. Parking was secure and ample. I will be staying there on my future trips to San Luis Obispo trips as it is near the university my son attends.
1 night trip Jan 6, 2014
VFRCapt.Bob
"Nice hotel and helpful staff"
The hotel let me feel like home not hotel. It has wood floor and whole new furnitures. The room is really clean and has beautiful sink. The lady there is very very nice and helpful. This is the number 1 hotel I have even seen.
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2013
Kelly Hung
"Great 1 night stay"
Clean and comfortable room
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
pierre
It was adequate for a one night work stay. Get in sleep and get out. There were some small mold spots and paint pealing on the bathroom ceiling. Having dark hardwood floors instead of carpet made the room feel darker and colder on a winters day.
1 night trip Dec 22, 2013
"You get what you pay for"
This was one of the cheapest places to stay in SLO. I was there to pick up my daughter for her winter break. If you are just looking for a place to sleep, and you don't mind old stuff (the key to the room was an actual key, not a card that you slide into a slot), including the carpeting, this might not be a bad choice. Bottom-line: low price so have low expectations. -- One thing to note: The person that checked me in and out was very pleasant.
1 night trip Dec 13, 2013
OC
"Location is the only thing good about this place"
Went for a cheaper hotel in a location close to downtown. The location is great and the price is on the lower side. The hotel/room is not very great at all though even for the cheaper price ~$60. Motel 6 would be nicer for and probably even cheaper. Hotel staff was quite rude and unhelpful. I wanted to change the room from 1 to 3 people (Reserved a 2 bed room to begin with, so that didn't need to change). The guy made me pay $10 extra and was oddly rude and made a big fuss over it even though I told them from the beginning that I have 3 people now and was never opposed to paying the extra fees. The room was quite beat up and poorly repaired compared to a motel 6 for a similar price.
1 night trip with friends Dec 6, 2013
The management are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are always clean. A great location to food restaurants and gas stations znd close to the freeway.
2 night trip Nov 29, 2013
Deborah Harris
"so old school they use real keys"
the bed was reasonably clean and basic, floor was awful, the floor was a poorly placed vinyl wood siding imitation that rolled like ocean waves. The floor was not clean and bowed and bubbled when you walked on it. It had old doors with old keys that mostly worked, staff seemed nice. I wish I had chosen another hotel, but it wasn't bad enough to get a different one on the fly. The marque states continental breakfast - I saw no such thing or any evidence that it existed, although I never asked. I wasn't interested enough in food they might serve.
2 night trip Nov 15, 2013
"Horrible"
Every room dispite the hotel saying to have non smoking rooms all smell like smoke the towels for showers were like paper towels noise drunk people around i will never stay there again!!!
Other trip Nov 17, 2013
"Needs to be remodeled"
Our room had a bad smell, the walls had been gouged and not repaired the bath tub was dingy yellow and the carpet was dirty. We will never stay there again.
Other trip Nov 10, 2013
"Noisy"
Very thin walls. Could hear neighbors and everything that happened out in front of room.
2 night business trip Nov 1, 2013
Hot water was discovered after several frustrating minutes by turning faucet to "cold," in shower. The sink could be turned on in both directions. No clock or in-room coffee maker. Location was good, but noisy, run-down and old.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"This motel rocks!"
We had a great experience. No problems whatsoever.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"Clean rooms, close to downtown"
I was pleasantly surprised given the ratings. The rooms were renovated and clean. The location is good as it is a 10 minute walk to downtown. I would not hesitate to stay again.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2013
"Awesome place"
We stayed here for a water polo tournament at SLO. The rooms were great and spacious. Hardwood floors were a nice touch. The sour rounding area is amazing for a group with a Taco Bell and jack within 1 min. We also walked to the Main Street in like 15 min . The staff was amazing and it couldn't have been a more amazing stay.
1 night business trip Oct 12, 2013
"Dirty and Outdated"
When first arrived hotel room assigned smelled of cigarette smoke and view was of a junky house through water spotted windows! Changed room didn't smell but floors were dusty bathroom walls dirty and walks and bathtub in disrepair! White bath towels had black stripe stains on them! So disappointed and do not recommend this hotel to anyone. Only good thing was it was close to college.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
So Cal traveler
"would not recommend"
We had difficulty closing/locking the entry door. My husband went to the office for assistance and the person in the office was very rude. The continental breakfast consisted of quarter muffins and some kind of cereal, milk and orange juice which was almost gone when I went in. The freezer did not work in the refrigerator. Will not recommend and will not stay again.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
"never again!!"
The rooms were old, run down and even though they were all non smoking there were cigarette butts in the floor in rooms.. It's there version of motel 6 but overpriced..
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
Yvette
"Great deal for the cost"
We were pleasantly surprised. Our room was clean and relatively quiet given the nearby freeway and the college age kids also staying there. I kept expecting something to spoil it, but that never happened. I can also recommend Mary's Meatball for dinner. Much more sophisticated than it sounds.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2013
It was a great location, the room was nice and clean, updates, everything worked. The bed was HORRIBLY uncomfortable. I awoke feeling I was crippled - and I am not an aches and pains person and have no joint or back issues, etc. The front office staff person (a male - not sure of his name) was so rude it was ridiculous and definitely not something you would expect from the "happiest city in California" SLO is such a great place with friendly people and it was very disappointing to have to deal with this complete jerk. Accomodations were clean, free breakfast was good with the make-your-own-waffles set up (I am a sucker for those waffle stations)
1 night trip Sep 16, 2013
brae2day
"Unbeatable location"
Staff were friendly and cooperative. Location off the 101 was perfect. The room was clean and comfortable, if a bit shabby. I've stayed there before, and will do so again.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2013
"Cozy and friendly"
Older hotel but everything worked and it was clean.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2013
"Great for the price"
San Luis Inn and Suites was not a luxurious place by any stretch of the imagination. But being 2 woman staying here we felt very safe. The room was clean. The continental breakfast consisted of muffins, coffee and juice, which was ok. We brought our own food. We didn't come here for the accommidations, we came to sleep. For the price, it was fine.
2 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2013
"Convenient and affordable; just a couple downsides"
We booked a 3 night stay at a great rate found on Hotels.com, which brought our nightly average down to less than 100 bucks (including the pet fee -- which I'll gladly pay if I can bring our dog + cat without having to stress about them being welcome). Our room had a hardwood floor which I was pleasantly surprised to see, making it easier to clean up stray kibbles or water from the pets' bowls. Flat screen tv, mini fridge and microwave in the room. Bathroom especially looked like it has taken quite a bit of wear, but overall the room was clean and the property well maintained. Only complaint was about the last day, we got a call 10 min before checkout stating that we needed to clear out . I understand that it's our responsibility to check out on time or let the hotel know we needed an additional night, however I would have been more proactive had it not been implied the previous day that we could extend our stay if need be.
3 night trip Sep 2, 2013
"Comfortable bed!"
It was good stay. Unfortunately, maid knocked at my room door at 8:00 and asked when I am leaving.
1 night business trip Sep 1, 2013
Mingma
"I had misgivings"
Based on other reviews and the looks of the place from the street I was expecting the worst but this place surprised me. Friendly and helpful staff, nice room with new mattresses and recently remodeled bathroom and hardwood type floors, clean and warm pool, and more solidly built than normally done for small two-story motels, meaning not much noise from side or upstairs neighbors.
2 night family trip Aug 23, 2013
"a normal motel by a freeway"
The motel was clean and there was everything you would expect at such a cheap place. No complaints besides you can hear freeway traffic from the rooms and sometimes wake up in the middle of the night because of them. Overall, very average motel, gets the job done.
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
"ok for overnight"
fine for an overnight stay but wouldn't stay longer. Shower heads are for short people.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
The people there were very polite and accommodating and the hotel was located very close to the area I was visiting.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2013
C. Holmes
"looks can be decieving"
Looks a bit run down, but the room we had must have been through some upgrades, the bathroom was clean and fixtures were new. Beds could stand to be a bit comfier, but they were ok. Not to noisy.
Other trip Aug 9, 2013
"Too nice for a 1"
Updated and clean rooms. No funky smell. Good location. Nice flat screens with plenty if channels
1 night trip Jul 31, 2013
"Disappointing and NOT GOOD Value for the price..."
The hotel is well located, that's about it. Staff said breakfast at 7 am in the lobby. at 7h45, the lobby was still locked and no one answering the bell while breakfast was sitting there NOT being eaten by anyone. had to go down the street and eat. upon checking out staff did not have any excuse for this nor apologized and did not offer a refund or anything. Sheets in the beds were no clean and mattress are like 30 years old. not worth 89$ a night...
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
Miguel
"Choose another option if available."
This was our only option, but we moved after the first night. The manager/owners were very nice and accomodating. However, the place is rundown. Didn't feel comfortable leaving my computer/valuables in our room as the door didn't seem very secure. When we arrived, the parking lot was full and we had to park on the street which I wasn't thrilled about. But, no problems. It was one of the cheaper options in town, but you get what you pay for. We moved to another hotel the next day on Monterey, closer to the college/downtown and it was well-worth the additional money.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"Not worth the money"
We stayed a saturday in July. Not worth its price at all. Location made us book it. No ekstra service at the hotel. Nice lady in the reception.
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2013
Family
"Close to Calpoly"
Proximity may be the only big thing in this place. If your expectations for a low priced motel room is low enough, you may find this place acceptable.
2 night business trip Jul 21, 2013
"Adequate"
Room was clean. Parking was awful. Not enough parking spots for all the guests. Close to the freeway
1 night romance trip Jul 20, 2013
1halfrunnermom
"Needs updating, service limited"
This is an older hotel that has not been updated. The outside door to our room was scratched up and hadn't been painted in years. The bathroom was small. There were wood floors, which were a bit slippery with socks on. The bathroom was small. Everything was very clean, though. Shortly after we checked in, the door opened (with a key) and a maintenance guy looked surprised to see us there. He hadn't knocked. When we checked out at 7 AM there was no one in the office, and I put the key in a small slot. The breakfast was just coffee, juice, and muffins, no place to sit and eat.
Other trip Jul 20, 2013