All hotels in Watford, England, United Kingdom
Elton Way, Watford, England, WD25 8HA, United Kingdom, ‏‎855-239-9397

"Clean and a good service"
Lovely, large, clean room, with a comfortable king size bed, which was useful for staying 2 nights. However as the weather has been particularly warm, there was no AC, and the room became extremely warm. Though a fan was provided. Also, staff were very friendly.
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Lovely friendly staff! Comfortable room, however food menu out of date and food quality poor, not value for money.
1 night trip with friends Jun 21, 2015
Nikita
"Functional but not amazing"
Decor, especially outside is quite dated. Restaurant area is nice and breakfast was good. Our main issue was how hot the room was, the lack of air con and the pillows are quite uncomfortable. The place could do with a bit of a refresh - shame they took the pool away.
1 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
"sad stay - facelift required"
Sad room, no colour, no welcoming tones, throw, cushions. Bed ok - crisp sheets and comfy, soft pillows. Large room. Breakfast ok, nothing remarkable. Prepared granola and smoothie concoction claggy and unappetising.
1 night business trip Jun 18, 2015
Liz
"Present visit"
We used the hotel as a pass through, it was very comfortable with a good breakfast in the morning. Staff were very present and helpful, so I have booked my daughter & grand daughter in on the 23 July 15.
1 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
Satisfactory
3 night business trip Jun 12, 2015
"Not what I expect from Hilton Hotels!!"
We booked this hotel as it was near to where we were attending a family funeral and wake. After driving 166 miles from Devon we arrived at the hotel at 11.30 in the morning hoping to be able to check in early, shower and change for the funeral at 2pm. The receptionist on duty that morning was totally unfriendly and unhelpful. (I don't think "SMILE" is in her vocabulary) She said that check in was 3pm !!! I explained about the funeral but her answer was " you can use the toilets in the bar". This is totally unacceptable service. I have worked for an international hotel chain both in the UK and Hong Kong and understand how hotels are run - people check out as early as 6am and there would definitely have been some of the rooms cleaned by 11.00. She could have found a room if she had wanted to - she was very unhelpful and uncaring in such a situation. I will never stay at this Hilton Hotel again and will never recommend them. Management needs to retrain this receptionist. May I add that the blonde receptionist who checked us in at 4pm, after the funeral, was polite, helpful and SMILING.
1 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
Malcolm
"Wouldn't stay there again"
When pulling up to the hotel I was shocked. It looks dirty from the outside! It was much better when we walked into the building. Staff were nice and friendly. My room was clean but was small for the price I paid for a junior sweet! And for the price I paid I would have thought I would have had breakfast included. But no, had to pay another £28 for that. The pillows in the room where horrible! Not comfy at all! Didn't have much sleep when I stayed! So the only good points of the hotel was the staff were friendly and inside the hotel was clean
2 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
"Nice hotel with a very good restaurant"
Nice hotel with a very good restaurant. It was perhaps slightly rough around the edges, in need of a few repairs, but nothing major especially for the price. The french onion soup, and steak frites at the restaurant were exceptional.
1 night romance trip Jun 11, 2015
Geoff
"Disappointed !!!!!!!!"
The room was in need of upgrade, no air conditioning, the shower had two settings, hot and boil an egg hot. The food was expensive, £16 for a burger and then charged extra for cheese ! Also waited nearly an hour for the food to arrive. Internet was also an extra charge!
1 night business trip Jun 11, 2015
Lifts and coffee machine not working. No food available at 10.30 pm Saturday night from bar (even though room information leaflet says 11pm). No matter room service as phones not answered at reception or bar
2 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
joseph
"Hilton Watford"
Comfortable but nothing spectacular
1 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
"Hilton Experience"
Tired hotel which needs a little investment. Pleasant team right next to a Toby Carvery for a great feed!
1 night business trip Jun 3, 2015
Rich
"nice hotel"
The only reason I've marked down is because the bed was creaky and the mattress was a bit too hard, and you could occasionally hear beeps from passing cars. But overall this is a great hotel, friendly staff and very clean.
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
Gemma
It was a very comfortable overnight stay and I also enjoyed a very nice pizza in the lounge. And when I realised I'd forgotten my toothpaste, the staff soon sorted some out for me!
1 night business trip Jun 5, 2015
Rob
"Family Wedding"
Stayed for my brothers wedding. Was very pleasant but hotel had overbooked and worried some guests about availability.
1 night family trip May 28, 2015
Stephen
"Overall good"
Great value for money and very pleased with breakfast choices. Didn't realise there was no longer a pool at the hotel which disappointed children. Email said check in was 2pm but when we arrived we were told that was incorrect and it was 3pm- fortunately sorted but website and email should be updated. Lift nearest our room was broken during our stay but we only had the 1 light suitcase. Friendly staff and evening meal was pleasant, good varied choice for the children. Very clean. Overall good value and a good stay.
1 night family trip May 28, 2015
"Quality of service provided by staff"
A ver conveniently located hotel with excellent service
3 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Adam
Very friendly staff, always courteous and helpful. Food very good.
Other trip May 27, 2015
Becks
"Not a glamorous location, but a nice hotel"
Stayed one night whilst at a wedding. This hotel is kept in good condition and the room is very comfortable. The beds are a good size and softer than the usual hotel style. We had the very last room in the corridor which was slightly tedious as their is only one route back to the front of the building. Parking seemed ample. Events here are handled well although the bar staff are not great at dealing with large volumes they are polite and get the job done.
Other trip May 23, 2015
F1ame
"good clean hotel next to M1"
could not fault this hotel big room, comfortable beds ,relaxing bar area and a great price .Did not eat in the hotel as there is a toby carvery next door .Drinks in the hotel reasonable priced
1 night business trip May 14, 2015
"Not a 4 star hotel at all."
The room looked nice, but sheets and towels smelled wierd, shower curtain seemed dirty. The toilet door couldn't be locked and the toilet didn't flush properly. Kinda loud noices from the banquet hall next door.
3 night romance trip May 16, 2015
"quest"
first class service from all the staff thank you
1 night romance trip May 5, 2015
tony
"Perfect for an overnight stop!"
My second stay at the Hilton Watford and I'm pleased I returned. The hotel is perfectly situated for the Warner Bros. Studio Tour and a short taxi ride to Watford Junction station so convenient for getting into London. I was disappointed when I found out shortly before my stay that the hotel had closed its pool facilities, but when I expressed this the manager went out of her way to make sure our stay was just that bit more special. I really appreciated the extra effort. Rooms are clean and very comfortable and there was a great choice for breakfast. Didn't spend an awful lot of time at the hotel but it was perfect for an overnight stop during a busy weekend.
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
Terri
"Business"
great standard as always.
1 night business trip May 4, 2015
"Nice hotel, Great staff, Terrible pillows"
It was nice to stay at the Hilton, however the pillows were incredibly uncomfortable, It would be good if they implemented the system the premier inn has where you can chose the firmness you like. Other than that and the small supply of tea bags I would recommend staying there (and if your not tea crazy like me the supply will suit you fine)
2 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Jamie-lee
"Go somewhere else"
Old building that feels tiered. Lift was broken as well which didn't help.
1 night business trip May 5, 2015
"Should be better"
For a Hilton I expect higher standards. Looks so depressed from the outside. Inside isn't much better either. Room was ok although had to change as room hadn't been cleaned. Receptionist was quick to sort out. Breakfast was best part. Close to m1 but taxi ride to train station at £16 was very steep for a 3 mile trip
1 night trip with friends May 2, 2015
Alex
"Hilton standard appears lower than expected"
Living Well leisure club no longer available at Hilton Watford. lift not working. Start of paint work was poor in the room, particularly the ceiling. staff were most helpful. Beakfast was good.
Other trip May 4, 2015
cc
"hotel"
Just another hotel
1 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
antony
"Nice and clean but a little dated"
Room and restraurant very nice and clean. Really liked the variety at breakfast. Staff all very nice and efficient. Hotel from outside looks dated and in need of a clean.
2 night family trip Apr 8, 2015
Nicola
"Hotel close to Harry Potter World"
Booked the Hotel in January as it was advertised with a pool. However, upon arrival we were told the pool had been closed since February which was very upsetting for my children. Very disappointed that Hilton group did not advise those customers that had booked prior to the pools closure that this service would no longer be available. Whilst the room was very clean and well stocked the bed and every floorboard in the room creaked.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
Lindsay
"Good hotel near to Harry potter studio."
We booked this hotel to visit the Harry Potter studio which was only minuets away. The section of the hotel we stayed in was a little dated and did smell a bit old. I was a little disappointed the pool is no longer in use as at the time of booking the pool was still featured. The staff were lovely and helpful.
1 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
JOANNE
"Too much 'Hard sell' & Sly hidden charges"
On arrival at the check-in desk all we wanted to do was check in and get our key to room as we were tired and frustrated from the drive But the young lady at the desk bombarded us with offers or to sign-up for this that and the other. NO!! We just wanted to go to our room to relax and unwind from the journey. We did decide on the breakfast offer later on in the evening with another desk girl. We paid the £20 on our card.However,when we went to check out the following morning we were informed of an additional £50 deposit we were charged "To cover room service or drinks from the bar" Whaaat??! We was angry at not being informed of this at the time. We did not use these facilities, however we were told at the desk that these funds would not be refunded back into account until Tuesday the following week! The girl was very 'Matter of fact' and unapologetic. Tuesday came & still no refund! The bath plug did not seat correctly In an immaculate room. And no biscuits provided on the drinks tray And not enough milk provided considering the amount of coffee and tea. Its always the small important things that always get overlooked! We left with bad taste in our mouths.
1 night trip with friends Mar 28, 2015
"Hilton Watford"
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hilton, Watford. Would visit again.
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
"Convenient for Arner Bros studio tour"
Booked this hotel because of its swimming pool. However the pool and gym closed in February so disappointed as this was a major attraction of it. I booked a junior suite for myself and my two adult daughters which unfortunately was only set up for two people. When staff were contacted the bed settee was made up immediately and extra towels were brought. However, later realised that there weren't enough dressing gowns, cups etc. Whilst that did not spoil the stay it required drinking tea in the morning in turns. What I felt was unacceptable, however, was the attitude of the woman on reception at checkout who when I said that staff had been helpful the previous evening in sorting out bedding but there had been a wider problem with nothing being set up for three people and that I had booked specifically because of the swimming facilities did not offer any apology or explanation.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
Kathleen
"Awful!!!!"
I was very disapointed with my stay considering it was a Hilton hotel it did not live up to it's name! When me and my partner arrived it looked very scruffy and unwelcoming from outside, like it needed a good clean!(nothing atall like the pictures on the internet) Our king deluxe room was hardly deluxe and felt more like a standard travel lodge room. Decor was very old fashioned and dirty looking, the bed was extremely lumpy and uncomfy. We ordered a bottle of wine to our room and it took over an hour to come after I rang up a couple of times to see where it was, the service was absolutly terrible! When I booked the room it said I had free wifi and on demand movies however this was not the case as I had to pay an extra fee Which was not stated beforehand! Overall all of the services in this hotel were unacceptable and not atall what we expected, will not be returning.
1 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
Ellie
"A good camp but not for comfort"
There was a giant spider web just above the business desk. It had dust in it so had been there for a while. Also a lot of stuffs and smudges on the walls and skirting board. I felt the whole hotel needed a luck of paint as it was very outdated.
2 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
Duncan
"Only if it's the last resort"
Stayed here for one night on Thursday 19th March, checked in and took the lift up to the third floor where my room was - corridor smelt damp, smell of smoke in the corridor and stained. Opened door to my room and had to open the windows to get some fresh air into the room. I booked a deluxe double room and I would hate to see what a standard double room looks like - bed was uncomfortable, carpets stained, old chipped sideboards, old worktop table in the corner and generally a bit dirty. Bathroom was old fashioned and again could have been cleaner. Overall the hotel doesn't live up to Hilton standards - I have stayed at various hotels across the whole country and this was by far the worst. I usually stay at the Mercure up the road and decided to try the Hilton for a change - I wish I had just stayed at the Mercure.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Rahul
Nice Hotel, friendly Staff. Good hotel, would recommend it
Response by Hilton Watford hotel
Many thanks for your review, I am pleased that you had a good experience whilst at the Hilton Watford and found the staff to be friendly. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind Regards
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
Matthew
"Great for business"
Nice rooms, comfortable and clean. My only complaint is that there was only one power socket so could not charge phone and laptop while working, all the appliances were hard wired into the wall. Not enough people serving on bar so long waits but food was very good.
Response by Hilton Watford hotel
Thank you for your review, I am pleased that you found your room to your satisfaction whilst at the Hilton Watford and I have noted your feedback and this has been shared withthe releavant departments . We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind Regards
2 night business trip Feb 24, 2015
Graham
"good"
Very good ,long walk to the bedroom.breakfast very good.
Response by Hilton Watford hotel
Many thanks for your review, I am pleased that you had a good experience whilst at the Hilton Watford and you enjoyed your breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind Regards
1 night family trip Mar 11, 2015
"hilton watford"
I was disappointed in my stay. As ive stayed in alot off hiltons this one was by far the worst. Tv wasnt working propley bathroom smelt dust all over the room not pleased
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
inderjit
"Tired"
Hotel tired room dim
1 night business trip Mar 9, 2015
m
Great place for night out!
Response by Hilton Watford hotel
May thanks for your review, I am pleased that you had a good experience whilst at the Hilton Watford and found the staff to be friendly. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind Regards
1 night business trip Dec 30, 2014
Joshua
"Watford Hilton"
Hotel was clean and reasonably quiet given the proximity to the road, staff were pleasant and friendly, plenty of parking and the food was spot on, all in all a good place to stay.
2 night business trip Feb 22, 2015
Malcolm
"recommended"
Staff were very helpful and breakfast was excellent.
Response by Hilton Watford hotel
Many thanks for your review, I am pleased that you had a good experience whilst at the Hilton Watford and found the staff to be friendly and you enjoyed your breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind Regards
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
No pool even though it's advertised on the website. Would never stay again worst hilton I've stayed in.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Clean convenient hotel"
We stayed here for one night as we were going to the Universal Studio tour the following day. The room was clean and spacious. The hotel does look a little run down from the outside but was nice enough inside. The breakfast staff were extremely helpful and much friendlier than the reception staff. If I had one niggle it would be being charged different prices for exactly the same drinks in the bar by different staff.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
Lynda
"Good service and food, but building is very tired"
Service and food was good, but the hotel itself is very old and cheap feeling
2 night business trip Feb 18, 2015