All hotels in Watford, England, United Kingdom

Very good
1 night business trip Nov 25, 2015
Rasol
"A night away"
Just another night away, at a great price!
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2015
Wendy
"review"
Good enough hotel, only downside is the distance from the lifts to the rooms, anyone with mobility problems would struggle.
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2015
"Harry Potter stay"
Stayed here as we were booked to go to the Warner Brothers Harry Potter Studio Tour and this was the closest hotel to the studio (according to google maps). The hotel was being refurbished and they put us in a room right at the back of the hotel so we had to walk through the mess and past all the workmen. Our room was ok. Not the cleanest I've stayed in but for just one night it was fine. The night staff were brilliant, went down at 4:30am for some painkillers as I had a headache and they had sold out (they have a mini shop in the reception) so the night staff gave me some of his own paracetamol. Very kind of him. For £79 near London for one night I guess it was ok. Tesco was only a 5 min drive away for essentials though and a few restaurants.
1 night romance trip Nov 16, 2015
Toni
"OK"
Nice Hotel Room Service Was Good But Was Having Painting Done Which Was Smelly In Corridor And Also The TV Didlt Work Very Well And HDMI Disabled Which Was Annoying Stayed In Smaller Lower Star Hotels That Where Better To Be Honest Is OK But For Money Could Get Somewhere Else
2 night romance trip Nov 13, 2015
Not Provided
"Watford North"
One night only.
1 night business trip Nov 11, 2015
"night out"
The hotel was reasonably ok from what we saw, we didn't have the chance to explore the hotel facilities, we checked in at 3.30pm, went out at 5pm didn't return till 2am, checked out at 11.30. We may stay again.
1 night trip with friends Nov 6, 2015
"Worth it for the staff."
The good thing about a Hilton is that you know what you're getting. That's sometimes the downside, too. In this case, thanks to a bargain price from Trivago, I was getting Hilton level service and a large, clean room for the price of a B&B - this was perfect as I was arriving late and all I wanted was a sandwich and an overpriced pint in a quiet bar followed by a good night's sleep. The staff were, as expected, outstandingly courteous and helpful. There was an iron in the room for my slightly rumpled shirt, I was able to get a sandwich from the bar at ten on a Sunday evening and the room was quiet and comfortable, devoid of the 2am shouting matches that seem de rigeur in a Travelodge. If I had a gripe it's that breakfast would have cost £15 if I'd opted for it in the morning or £7.50 to book ahead. That's a lot for some muesli and an average cooked breakfast on a whim and if you do book and then don't feel like the full monty, £7.50 for toast and tea is a bit steep too. Still, I wasn't in the mood for breakfast, so on this occasion, no harm, no foul.
1 night business trip Nov 8, 2015
Neil
Bar prices extortionate.
1 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2015
"Nice overnight stop"
After a 17 hour day and over 400 miles a driving between appointment I had an over night stay before going in to London for another full day of meetings. The reception was relaxed and polite with some nice conversation, my room was easy enough to find. The evening meal was easy to book and a relaxed experience. Check out was also a drama free experience too.
1 night business trip Nov 4, 2015
Very comfortable rooms, excellent breakfast on main road but not noisy, approx 2 miles for town centre and nightlife
1 night trip with friends Oct 30, 2015
LYNN
Hotel room was as clean as the outdated room could get. Bath could've been cleaner and the beds were so uncomfortable. Not what I expect from the Hilton!
1 night family trip Oct 31, 2015
Hotel was very tired looking and in desperate need of a modern look! We were told we had a newly renovated room which I'm 100% sure hadn't been updated in the last 10yrs! Good location for where we needed to be.
3 night romance trip Oct 30, 2015
Davinia
"One Night Only"
Dated hotel but great for a one night stay. No WiFi in rooms, room needed a good clean.
1 night business trip Oct 28, 2015
Carl
Very good value for a family room, staff very helpful and lovely Breakfast.
1 night family trip Oct 26, 2015
Jackie
"Harry Potter stay"
Although only one night I would recomend it to others. Very clean and friendly
1 night family trip Oct 26, 2015
Nicola J
Horrible hotel old and dated.I use three hotels a week and this was the worst all year.There was even an extension for the sockets.
1 night business trip Sep 3, 2015
"Golf stay"
Golf tournament near by, ideal for one night
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
Anthony
"Staying at the hilton"
We had a most enjoyable stay at the hotel and the breakfast was superb,staff were very friendly.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2015
I had a 1 night stay and it's was excellant. The staff were all very helpful,welcoming and friendly. The breakfast was very good. All in all a very good stay I would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2015
Jan
Hotel was fine. Could have done with more than 1 decaf coffee and fruit tea. Someone who helped us find the restaurant for breakfast was superb. So very helpful and friendly.
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Janice
"Don't Stay Here!"
Terrible. Middle of no where. TV absolutely aweful. Fuzzy screen and poor sound despite being a flat screen! Had to move rooms 3 times because of this but all other rooms the same. Large bed made up of two single twin beds pushed together..very uncomfortable. Outdated gym and lifeless. I will not stay there again.
3 night business trip Sep 22, 2015
"OK"
Service in the restaurant was incredibly slow and the reception staff certainly could be more cheerful. Noise travelled substantially through the corridors and floors making a good night sleep tricky. Overall it was fine, but not what I would expect from a Hilton.
2 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
Becky
Working trip to North London, needed a suitable base. Location was convenient. Restaurant somewhat pricey. Cheaper alternative at adjacent Toby Carvery.
1 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
"Not what I expect from Hilton"
Very unclean untidy hotel. I was greeted with trays of food keftover from breakfast outside my room (I checked in at 8pm)
1 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2015
Amandeep
"Dissappointed"
Stayed in a lot of hiltons and this one was nothing like other ones I had stayed in. I was surprised to be paying the same amount of money as I do in others when it was no where near as nice and felt a bit dissappointed. Overall the room was OK however probably would of got a bit of a better room at a premier inn and paid less. Room was also very stuffy and hot and television was fuzzy and impossible to watch. Hotel needs a massive refurb and update to get up to standards
1 night trip with friends Sep 21, 2015
Alysia
"Lovely hotel"
One night stay in a twin room with my daughter, room was clean and the bed comfy. Recommend the curry from the bar if you want a quick evening meal! Well catered breakfast warm Nutella muffins a hit with my daughter! Ideal for Harry potter studios just 10 min down the road
1 night family trip Sep 17, 2015
Claire
"My Stay at The Hilton Watford"
Very nice stay. Only "fault" if you can say it is a fault is that there isn't a slope at the main entrance to make it easy to wheel your case inside. Doors do not open automatically. I was watched by a member of staff behind reception as I struggled with my luggage. As there was another member there he could have offered me help. Good at breakfast would have been lovely if it wasn't luke warm-such a shame! Room was comfortable, bed very comfortable. Lack of signing made it a confusing issue finding ones way around the hotel.
1 night family trip Sep 18, 2015
Colette
"Graet hotel"
Great staff, superb breakfast
1 night business trip Sep 9, 2015
michael
"Friendly staff"
Stay here often and the staff are always so helpful and lovely. Cannot fault the staff just find the hotel very tired and neglected. It really does need a great big renovation programme.
1 night business trip Sep 17, 2015
"Very nice hotel"
I was stayed second time at this hotel and I am very happy I chose this hotel again. very friendly and helpful staff. Only minus there is no free internet.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2015
Marcin
Attended a wedding in a venue not far from hotel. Rooms pleasant well equipped and clean . Had a very good night's sleep. Hotel was good value for money.
1 night trip with friends Aug 29, 2015
K A F
"Close parking"
although in a city and parking on street, we were able to park outside motel.This meant we didn't have to drag 10 bags for 2 people very far.
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Kay
"Hilton"
nice enough on the inside but the outside could do with tidying up particularly around the back..
1 night romance trip Aug 27, 2015
Excellent value clean spacious room. Pool closed and gym was small but good equipment. Free parking, wifi and breakfast which was excellent. Recommend.
1 night business trip Aug 27, 2015
Exactly what we were looking for. Close to the motorway and Watford.
2 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
"Power cut during stay"
Hotel looked ok on check in but I didn't get long to enjoy it as there was a power cut not long after checkin. During the blackout I was in the shower that has no emergency lighting as was pitch black and I fell and bumped my head. The power cut went on and no announcements were made, an hour afterwards I went to reception and found out that we just had to wait. I filled out an accident form regards my fall and the duty manager was very professional about it.. The rest of the staff also seemed unflappable about th chaos the power cut caused. Over 4 hours later and the power not back on and we were finally told after a lot of asking that we were being moved to another hotel. Sadly is booked a double room and ended up in a rather shabby single room at a different hotel and had a very dark and late night as a result. No one was happy at the lack of communication nor th safety element in the hotel during such an event. It's fair to say there were a lot of unhappy people including myself who was never asked if I was ok or how I was after my fall despite having to sit in reception until 11 o clock at night
1 night business trip Aug 26, 2015
Dannii
"Muton dressed as lamb."
The worst night sleeps we've ever had. The bed was ridiculously uncomfortable, the TV was all blurry. The food was overpriced. Staying there reminded me of the saying 'muton dressed as lamb'... Some of the decor is drab in the communal areas. It was the worst nights stay we have ever had!
1 night romance trip Aug 25, 2015
Leah
"Amazing"
The Hilton Hotel was amazing, friendly helpful staff, clean comfortable room,lovely breakfast, wish we could have stayed longer.
1 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
"faultless"
Perfect. Faultless
1 night trip Aug 23, 2015
"Great hotel and value for money"
Looked a bit shabby on outside but inside everything was great 4star
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
"surrey"
A nice hotel good breakfast and rooms were very nice and clean
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
r
"Hotel stay"
A fantastic hotel, very clean and staff were so friendly.
1 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
Janet
"really nice hotel"
Very nice hotel room really nice and comfortable and breakfast was great so much to choice from
1 night romance trip Aug 15, 2015
dean
Good location for Harry Potter Studio. Other than that there is little to recommend this hotel. The corridors are like rabbit warrens, long and confusing. The hotel is old and needs a lot of work doing to it. I booked a room for two adults and one child as i was travelling with my two sons. On arrival at the hotel i was given a room with 2 single beds. I went to reception to get the room changed and although they were nice and polite they basically told me there was nothing to be done. They even said at first that they had no spare mattresses and that one of us would need to sleep on the floor! In the end they brought in a mattress but needless to say it was a very uncomfortable and dissapointing night. I would not use this hotel again and would not recommend it.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
Excellent food , best scrambled egg ever. Bar area needs an update.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
Gill
"Ross & Dad's Harry Potter Experience"
Comfortable hotel with extremely pleasant and helpful staff would not hesitate in booking again in the future.
2 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
Jack
Staff were fantastic, really looked after us. Room was perfect for us and actually had windows you could open to keep cool at night.
1 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
"Not a good choice"
We arrived late afternoon hoping to have a swim and enjoy the rest of the day. At the front of the hotel we were confronted with a series of steps to the front door and no ramp to make it easier to move our four pieces of luggage. I walked up and asked about a ramp and was told someone would come out and help us with the luggage. After five minutes we started carrying it up the stairs, one piece at a time by ourselves. As we were checking in I asked about the pool hours and was informed that the pool was closed permanently in February, it seems I had read the google search summary for the hotel that mentioned the pool, the hotel web site did not have it listed. The first room we were shown was small, smelly and unacceptable. The staff was kind enough to offer us a free upgrade that turned out to be a deluxe king room which was in another section of the hotel on the third floor. The nearest elevator, of two, was out of order our whole three day stay. We had to use the stairs or walk for awhile to find the one working elevator. Pluses included a good buffet breakfast given at half price if you added it on check in. Out the back were wonderful blackberry bushes just on the outside edge of the property.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
Murmano
We stayed at this hotel one nights whilst attending a friend party. Unfortunately there were three functions going on at this hotel so the staff appeared stretched. The lift nearest to our room wasn't working which meant we had to walk a all around the hotel for the only other one and then walk all the way back to our room on the second floor. We had booked a deluxe room, but it was standard compared to other hotels we had stayed in. There is no air conditioning and this was a hot night, but leaving the windows open meant that we could here heavy traffic all night. Not very conducive to a good sleep!
1 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015