All hotels in Birmingham, England, United Kingdom

Room is not nice
    Poor vibe
    Dirty
"overpriced"
I've stayed at this hotel many times over the years but this is the first time it hasn't been worth the money. It's overpriced for what they deliver now unfortunately. Bed was uncomfortable & room was really dusty, plus other things... Staff are really nice but it doesn't make up for it....
Response by Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are pleased the staff was nice, but regret to hear you were dissatisfied with your latest stay at the hotel. We apologize you were disappointed with the cleanliness of your room, as well as the comfort of your bed. We value your feedback and have shared your comments with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson Blu standards.
1 night business trip Dec 4, 2015
"Do not recommend"
Dated hotel. Room spelt of smoke. Grubby walls. Wouldn't recommend.
Response by Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Dear Gayle, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We apologize you were disappointed with the condition of the hotel and the room you received. We value your feedback and have shared your comments with hotel management to use when considering future improvements to the hotel.
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2015
Gayle
"Good Hotel - Poor Area"
Hotel was fine what you would expect from RB. But the surrounding area was poor and I did not feel at ease.
1 night romance trip Nov 19, 2015
Stewart
"Close to everything"
I booked a night here as I was going to see a show, didn't want to travel late and fancied a little luxury. The hotel was fine in most respects. Check in was uneventful, but I didn't leave my card details so had no access to the fridge/minibar which was electronically locked. The room was close to the lifts which were activated by the key card and it was at the front of the hotel facing Smallbrook Queensway. The room was OK but showing signs of wear - the chair was stained, there were threads hanging from an odd bench arrangement around the TV, but was generally clean, light and spacious. The choice of channels was less that you'd find on a Freeview box. The curtains have an odd arrangement - I couldn't see any blackout curtains and was treated to a night of getting dressed in the bathroom and trying to sleep whilst watching the traffic circling Paradise Circus roundabout. It wasn't until the following morning that I found the blackout blinds next to the window hiding at the far end of the window behind the nets. The bathroom was good but I was intrigued by the telephone by the toilet. ??eh?? Who needs to make a 'phone call from there. There were generous timings, with the gym open from 6am to 11pm, breakfast during the week from 6:30am to 10am and checkout was 12pm not the usual 11am. Now I know how to draw the curtains, I'll be back if I need to stay in town again.
Other trip Nov 21, 2015
Maz
Good for Chinatown. Pity about the dilapidated tv in the room.
3 night business trip Nov 16, 2015
Harry
I stay in hotels for around 250 nights a year. I called ahead to let the hotel know I would be arriving for the 3pm check in as it was for my wife's Birthday. On arrival we had to wait until 4:20pm for access to our room. We also put our Breakfast order on our door overnight. We did this at 3am (I know it states 2am so I called reception to let them know and the receptionist said it would be fine as they would be up around 4am to collect the order forms). Of course breakfast didn't come. I've stayed several times in the same hotel and sadly it keeps getting a little worse each time
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2015
R
"Business oriented hotel; clean, comfortable"
Comfortable. Not cheap, as no single rooms - had to pay the same as a couple. Bar expensive. Breakfast good. No on-site parking, but accommodated my 'blue badge' out at the front in the layby.
1 night business trip Nov 13, 2015
Geoffrey
"Grim....stay somewhere else, not as advertised."
Oh my word, not as advertised, probably one of the dirtiest, disappointing hotels I've ever stayed in, I stayed in a standard room on the 16th floor, the first room was stained and untidy with a dirty bathroom floor, the staff kindly moved me across the hall to a double bed with no bath (which I requested), this was a disabled room, and in my view filthy with the door handle coming off the bathroom door. I've stayed in lots of Radisson Blu hotels across Europe, and this was really an awful experience. The place is dirty, at breakfast there was a horrid smell in the restaurant and menus were stained, saucers chipped etc...For the same price, you can do a lot better in Birmingham.
Response by Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Dear Nicola, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We regret to hear you were disappointed with the cleanliness and condition of your rooms, as well as the hotel in general. We appreciate your comments and have shared your feedback with hotel management to use when considering future improvements.
1 night business trip Nov 16, 2015
Nicola
"So so"
OK, central but a tad pricey for the facilities. Breakfast is charged extra (£12) on top of the room rate. There was a noisy ventilator in the bathroom which couldn't be turned off.
1 night business trip Nov 11, 2015
"Top Floor Score"
Everything was great except for the extraction fan in the bathroom would not switch off and ran all night
1 night business trip Nov 11, 2015
I thought we had paid for breakfast in with the price I paid !! Only to be told that we hadn't and it was another £17.95 x 4 if we wanted it. Very disappointed.
Response by Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Dear Mrs. Barbara, Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We apologize for the confusion regarding your room rate and whether or not breakfast was included. We appreciate your feedback and have shared your comments with hotel management. We hope you will consider us if you are in the area again.
1 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2015
MRS BARBARA
"room not the best"
Stayed on the seventeenth floor at the rear of hotel.Rather noisey ,could hear a loud droning all night .disappointed with this particular room as it had an joining interior door which was obviously a family room.We have stayed at this hotel on many occasions unfortunately this room was the worst that we have had.
1 night romance trip Oct 30, 2015
"Right near the Alexander Theatre"
You can park in the NCP car park right behind the hotel (and gain access with your bags right through a back door). The car park should cost £24 for 24 hours but the hotel can validate your ticket which reduces the charge to £15.
1 night family trip Oct 24, 2015
Janet
Lactation good, near to bullring. Requested king size bed got two singles pushed together, matress very uncomfortable. View was a brick wall of the building next door. Air conditioning very loud no spare pillows and the ones we did have were like pancakes. Paid £65 for the room but usually it's much more expensive wouldn't of been happy if paid anymore. Wouldn't stay again or recommend it.
Response by Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are happy to hear you liked the location of the hotel and we hope it was convenient for your stay. We apologize you were disappointed with the set up and comfort of your bed, as well as the view from your room. We value your feedback and have shared your comments with hotel management.
1 night romance trip Oct 30, 2015
"Very dissapointing"
I regularly travel to Birmingham and usually stay at Hyatt. I had a meeting in this hotel so chose to stay here. Whilst approximately the same price the two hotels could not be further apart in terms of luxury, room dark, no doors to wardrobe, old furnishing, shower with temperature regulated to 38C and hairdryer you had to hold the button on. Gym extremely limited and hot. I even went out for dinner as didn't fancy anything the hotel had to offer. For just £6 more in the other hotel nearby my experience would have been luxurious as I can confirm from my visit 6 days earlier. Even conference facilities were on another level. Would never stay at a Radisson Blu again.
Response by Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Dear Zoe, We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the facilities in your room and the hotel conference rooms during your stay. We have taken your comments on board and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.
Other trip Oct 24, 2015
Zoe
"a short trip"
all good apart from poor shower, which is a fundamental issue
1 night business trip Oct 18, 2015
Clive
"10 out of 10!"
Excellent hotel, fantastic location.
2 night romance trip Oct 16, 2015
Walking distance from New Street station, good service. A bit noisy from traffic.
3 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
Razvan
"Great hotel."
Great Hotel, good staff and very helpful. I didn't try the restaurant but the bar and all other services were great. Room was very nice and kept to a good standard. Prior to my stay the hotel staff answered all of my questions about my stay and went to great lengths to answer all of my questions completely. The price was very reasonable and I would highly recommend this hotel.
1 night trip Oct 9, 2015
"Central location but dated"
Hotel very seventies especially bedrooms also we found the room to be noisy with great view of round about!! Carpet was vivid blue, bedcover red, bedside cabinet gold paint, and luggage rack red and orange - not a good mix!! Staff all very pleasant and helpful. Our stay was ok but due to dated décor and location would not choose to stay here again. We had a pre paid deal so £78 was a fair price but thought the breakfast was very expensive at £15 per head so we went else where.
Response by Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Thank you for reaching out and sharing your comments with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with our staff. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the decor of your room and the hotel. Your feedback is valued and your suggestions will be used to consider future improvements.
1 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
"Amazing place to stay"
4 nights
4 night family trip Sep 30, 2015
R
Especially loved the atmosphere in the restaurant and the food (dinner and breakfast) was excellent.
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2015
"OK but not brilliant"
city centre hotel .. no parking, . bedroom was clean and tidy , bathroom looked tired and need of modernisation Breakfast was buffet style and suffered under heat lamps. Bar was busy and crowded. Birmingham would have to be full to stay there again. On the Upside the reception staff were about as warm and friendly as they could be without being annoying.
1 night business trip Oct 1, 2015
carl
"good location and nice hotel. Best breakfast"
Lovely hotel, great location for the centre of Birmingham and china town. The room was very quirky and the beds were wonderful. The drains in the bathroom were a bit smelly every time we turned on a tap, it's like it opened a very smelly trap somewhere. The first night took some time to get used to. The sirens on police and ambulance vehicles passing the hotel was constant and did disturb us, but on night two which was a Sunday it was very quiet and looking out of the large window from the 8th floor, the view was just lovely. All together a good hotel for the location, I found the female staff slightly aloof especially on reception, the bar staff and cleaners were friendly. We only used the Hotel restaurant for breakfast. This was really good and worth the money, I don't eat cooked breakfast but the choice of continental was excellent and I had freshly made pancakes which were really good. The waiting area for breakfast was tired and in need of a freshen up, not good for the standard of hotel. But again the breakfast staff were excellent, approachable and really helpful. I actually enjoyed staying here and would stay again.
2 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
Alison
"Family Wedding"
Travelled from Scotland to Birmingham for a family wedding. Hotel is located off a busy roundabout which at the time we stayed had work going on outside so it was difficult to park and off load luggage. Also, parking is not cheap at the local NCP car park recommended by the hotel. However, it is near to hotel and easily accessible through the back entrance from the hotel. Rooms were a good size with comfortable beds. Had to request additional pillows as only one pillow each on the bed. This request was dealt with promptly. Pre-book breakfast if you can. There is a good selection of foods on offer. However, especially on Sunday morning, it gets very busy from 10.00am onwards. Overall we had a lovely stay at the hotel and would use it again if we were in the area. Very central to major shopping centre too.
2 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
Ina
Breakfast was a bit chaotic and it was impossible to order eggs except fried, but the food was really good quality
2 night family trip Sep 18, 2015
"Changing rooms"
Overall, it was good. But when we booked a room, we were not able to choose which one. So when we arrived at the hotel, there were only a few available rooms. The first room they gave us was without a view (there was a wall in the front of the window), then we moved to another room in the smoking area. And the next day we moved again in the nicest room (non-smoking area). In total we changed 3 rooms for 2 nights to find a good one.
2 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
svetoslav
"Great hotel, room needed work"
This hotel is very nice, modern, clean and in a great location. The rooms are very nicely done and have everything you need. Only points I would make are: Our room was on the front of the hotel floor 7 so most of the night you can hear the traffic noise from the A38. Ask for a room higher up. Our bathroom had a bit of a smell and was very poorly lit.
Response by Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I am really sorry if you had disrupted sleep due to traffic noise, we can of course assign a higher floor for your next visit. Our Housekeeping Manager has been made aware of the bathroom issue so that she can investigate and correct. Warm Regards
Other trip Sep 24, 2015
"Misleading"
Not a spa hotel. Only a few exercise bikes . Drinks were very expensive and that is if they even have what you request. Parking expensive and only in an N C P car park. Air conditioning was very noisy and we left very early the next morning as we could not sleep.
Response by Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
You are correct we are not a SPA hotel but we are not advertising that we are either? In terms of parking, all of the hotels in the city centre rely on NCP's and ours is the lowest Hotel rate at £15 per 24 hours. We are only a 5 min walk from New street station which many guests travelling into the city prefer to use. I am really sorry that you didn't enjoy your visit and hope that we get to put things right on a future visit. Warm Regards
2 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
"Wonderful hotel!"
Wonderful stay in this hotel, if I could I would give it 4.5 out of 5. Very polite staff. The room had a great view and was spotless. Extremely comfortable bed and the room has everything you need. You are able to use an NCP car park very close at a discounted price, we were unaware of this so parked elsewhere so it's handy to know this!
Response by Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel following your recent visit. I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay in particular your bedroom and how well our staff looked after you. Hope to see you again soon. Kindest Regards
1 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
Sally
"Excellent location"
Excellent location as only a few minutes walk from New Street Station. Friendly helpful staff. Spacious comfotable room but pointless floor to ceiling window as only a couple of feet from the side of adjacent building so restricted light and rubbish view! Ironic as when we arrived we were given options of floor we wished to be on and chose higher floor "so better chance of a view" Trainee receptionist so may not have realised but would have been nice to be forewarned. Small gripe: the tea and coffee supplies were stingey. Selection of "fancy" type teas but only 2 "normal" tea bags and one sachet of hot chocolate supplied for 2 guests each night. Was able to get extra tea bags from reception but bizarrely these were Tetley not the "posh" variety in the room, and no chocolate sachets available.... seems very strange!
Response by Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel following your recent visit. I am delighted that our location worked so well for you and that our staff looked after you so well. I agree that the Tea/Coffee issue doesn't sound correct so I have asked our Housekeeping Manager to investigate and take corrective action moving forward. I do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel again in the near future. Kindest Regards
2 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
Margaret
"location"
the location is great, really close to train station and shopping area. it is a bit old though, the beds are so old and over soft, which is not comfortable.
Response by Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel following your recent visit. I am really sorry to read that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion. We have a small number of rooms which have planned work to be carried out to upgrade the facilities to improve the experience of our guests. I do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel in the future so that we can showcase our usual high Radisson Blu standards to you. Thank you again for your review. Warm Regards
3 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
"uninviting and tired"
you need photo ID to check in. My confirmation didn't tell me that. If you don't have it, you cannot check in. Luckily, I brought a different purse but my plans could have totally been ruined and I could have been massively out of pocket. The reception guy (I won't name him) didn't care if I could check in or not. No apology was given, no concern shown, no explanation of the hotel's facilities etc. and no 'enjoy your stay' Room very tired, head board type of material by the beds were greasy, room very much like an office, décor tired too... bed comfortable, hotel location fabulous, didn't see the gym although it was described as 'small' I think or gave me the impression it wasn't big. No food at restaurant on a Sunday and no biscuits! The hair dryer was absolutely pathetic - cold and hardly blew. queue at bar was massive so left after 5 mins of waiting (bank holiday weekend on a Sunday at about 11.30 pm)
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
Helen
"Excellent hotel..so close to the shops"
Central to the shops..Friendly staff, good breakfast to start the day, we had a lovely evening meal in the restaurant, would stay at this hotel again.
Response by Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel following your recent visit. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in particular our food and how well our staff looked after you. Hope to welcome you back to the Hotel soon. Kindest Regards
2 night family trip Aug 24, 2015
Alan
"Never again"
This hotel is so noisy. Will never stay there again. I was on the 6th floor overlooking one of the main roads in Birmingham and the noise coming from there was so loud. I don't know if the windows were double glazed or not, but the sound certainly got through. All night there was the loud roar of car exhausts and motorbikes. On top of all that there was a strange siren/beep which kept coming on inside the room when one of the near by rooms flushed the toilet. check in staff were not very friendly or helpful and I wasn't even asked how my stay was when checking out. The car park is a joke. It's an NCP next door, it's tight, dark, smelly, small and expensive. Even with the hotel discount it's £14 a night!!!
Response by Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Dear Philip, Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize the road noise disrupted your stay. We are also sorry to hear about your disappointment with the service you received. Your feedback helps us prevent situations such as this in the future. We hope you will give us another chance if you are in the area again.
1 night business trip Aug 19, 2015
Philip
"Old furn."
Not bad
Response by Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel following your recent visit. I hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel again in the near future so that we can improve upon your experience even further. Kindest Regards
3 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
"Great location for Hippodrome/Alex Theatres"
Nice hotel with friendly staff. Lovely bar food. Drinks in bar on expensive side. Beds amazingly comfy. Only 2 min walk to Hippodrome and 150yds from Alex Theatre. My only gripe was in all the time we were at the buffet breakfast the waiter did not manage to serve us any tea/coffee. Will definitely go back when we have a theatre trip.
Response by Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel following your recent visit. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in particular how well our staff looked after you. I have shared your feedback with our Restaurant Manager so that he can take corrective action with his waiting staff at breakfast for the tea/coffee issue. Hope to welcome you back to the Hotel again soon. Kindest Regards
1 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
Keith
"great location , bad room service experience"
Horrible room service .. Nice location
Response by Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel following your recent visit. I am really sorry to hear that room service failed to meet your expectations during your stay. Without further information I cannot comment any further as to what was wrong except to say that we apologise that your experience was so poor. I am pleased that our location worked so well for you though, and hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel again in the near future. Warm Regards
3 night romance trip Jul 27, 2015
M
"PRETTY POOR FOR THE PRICE"
NOT A GREAT STAY. PAID OVER THE ODDS, FOR A "BUSINESS CLASS" ROOM, WHICH SEEMED TO BE A STD ROOM JUST AT A HGHER RATE BECAUSE THE HOTEL WAS TOTALLY FULL OF CRICKET FANS. ROOM CARPET HAD STAINS ALL OVER IT. ONLY HALF OF THE KIT IN THE GYM WORKED, AND IT LOOKED AS IF THE CLEANING WAS LIMITED TO THE MIDDLE OF THE FLOORS ONLY, AS THE KIT WAS MINGING. A SHAME REALLY BECAUSE IT IS IN A GOOD LOCATION. I WOULDN'T STAY AGAIN.
Response by Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. Our business class rooms have additional amenities included in the room such as Nespresso Coffee machine, dressing gowns, slippers and inclusive breakfast, but the rooms as such are no different in terms of size and design than our standard rooms. I have shared your review with our Housekeeping Manager so that she may action the cleanliness issue with the room attendant responsible. Thank you again for your feedback. Kindest Regards
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2015
Russ
"good hotel"
Hotel really good and handy for New Street, and the hippodrome theatre, tv was not working but a quick call and that was rectified so no issue there. Breakfast good. The location is right by a major road junction, but my room was well soundproofed so again no issue. Only minor and I mean minor gripe is the check in area which filled up rather quickly when a large group arrived. Checkout fine so again not a real issue
Response by Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel following your recent visit. I am delighted to read that our location worked so well for you and that you enjoyed our breakfast. Hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future. Warm Regards
1 night trip Jul 25, 2015
Matthew
"good notel"
all very nice. ckean and servicable. although the dark wood panneled curved coridoors are oddly maze like and can be disorientating
Response by Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel following your recent visit. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back to the Hotel again in the near future. Kindest Regards
2 night trip Jul 10, 2015
Lawrence H
"Just ok"
First time in this hotel room was only part cleaned one night and toiletries and coffee where not filled up when so had mo coffee on last night and just as well I had my emergency shampoo with me
5 night business trip Jul 5, 2015
derek
"Not as good as it used to be"
this hotel used to be the best in Birmingham, it's still very good but is a bit tatty around the edges now.
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
Alex
"Fantastic hotel."
I'm not going to write a long worded review I'll bullet point it. Fantastic hotel Beautiful rooms Comfy beds Great aircon Very very helpful staff Beautiful bathroom Great breakfast selection Loved every moment and never wanted to leave. I loved the feature of being able to message reception/ order towels, pillows, dressing gowns, slippers, shampoos ect via the app.
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
Meg
"Central location, tired facilities"
This hotel is in a great location, but for the price, some facilities were not up to scratch. My fridge didn't work, and the bed was saggy and old. After a 30 hr international flight, this was pretty disappointing.
Response by Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Dear Tom. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are happy to hear that the hotel is in a great location and we appreciate you sharing your feedback regarding your room. We apologize that you were not satisfied with your accommodations and that you were disappointed in your experience. We know how important a good night's sleep is and a comfortable bed contributes to that. If you would like to share more feedback, you can reach out to our customer care team.
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
tom
"Untidy room but great service"
Room wasn't clean properly. Breakfast wasn't cooked properly which caused sickness. Staff were very polite and helpful. Because I was unhappy with the state of my room & breakfast I was given a complementary room
Response by Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Dear Toni, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so happy to hear that the staff were helpful and polite during your stay and took care of the situation with your room and breakfast. We apologize that your room was not properly cleaned prior to your arrival and that your breakfast experience caused you discomfort. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services and thank you again for sharing yours. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
1 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Toni
"Not great"
It's funny how we rate hotels in the UK a four star in other parts of the world is truly a four star, great facilities, good gym's, room comfort, bars etc. Yet this Radisson was underwhelming, very impressive building with very little substance. Shower was not great, gym was far too small for a hotel of this size, rooms were a decent size and breakfast was OK and at £10 it was decent value. I guess the hotel reflects the city centre space available.
2 night business trip Jun 24, 2015
Alan
"Don't Stay Here"
Room wasn't clean, bathroom wasn't clean. Breakfast gave me food poisoning. Utterly disappointed. Staff were great.
1 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Toni
I stayed at raddison blu loads of time was one of my favourite hotels. In UK but now the service has gone down the staff who checked us in was rude n not polite gave us a bk room with no view n not clean. Went bk downstairs to swap rooms n the staff who sorted it was really nice changed the room for us.it was a non smoking floor but could smell smoke.
2 night trip with friends Jun 5, 2015
yemurayi
"Great hotel, GREAT staff!"
The room was a good standard and very cosy. The staff were incredibly accommodating - the front desk staff even went out to grab me a bottle of soya milk and had a plug available for my phone cable as I'd forgotten mine. Overall, it was my best stay in a Birmingham hotel and I will definitely be re-booking on my next visit.
1 night trip with friends Jun 20, 2015