All hotels in Muscat, Oman
Barr Al Jissah, Po Box 644, Muscat, 100, Oman, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Beautiful property in a great country."
I stayed at the Al Husn hotel on this property and I chose it because it was the most private and did not allow any children. The entire staff, from reception, dining, pool, fitness, lobby, to grounds keepers were all just very attentive and friendly. I had the breakfast included in my rate and I can't say enough about the breakfast. It was fantastic. Rooms were big and the free mini bar in the room was a nice touch (4 beers). Also the 1 hour cocktail reception on the terrace was great as well. I never had to ask to get a new drink they were continually refilling and walking around. Many of the staff work in multiple locations so you see them a lot and they couldn't have been more nice. I spent every morning at the fitness center and I attended the morning stretching class with Mark. He would also throw in some ab work and TRX work. He was so nice and it was really nice to see him everyday. He went above and beyond.
Other trip May 27, 2015
"Great service"
great service. Great place if your looking to chill at the beach or pool.
3 night trip May 17, 2015
"Week-end with family"
Excellent location and facilities. Wonderful sea and ideal for water sport and diving. Excellent service and staff. We had a wonderful week-end.
Other trip May 19, 2015
"Awesome, we passed very good time, thx"
Very nice hotel, wonderfully experience, relax, and quite atmosphere
Other trip May 16, 2015
Fabio
Great hotel. Went there for a two-day diving trip.
Other trip May 10, 2015
Ricardo
"A superb experience every time we stay."
We frequently visit Muscat and were there for only 3 nights thjis time , my husband on business. Disappointed with the view of the room that we were allocated. We always stay at the Shangri-la if we can get a room. We have experienced the best view at Al Waha, right over the beach. Al Bandar rooms are more spacious and the breakfast room is quieter as there are fewer children than at Al Waha..
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
Carrie
"Nice hotel and facilities for families"
The overall experience at the Shangri- La's resort was good, despite the busy time and too many kids around..what i would like to point out is the need to put extra umbrella by the beach as there are not enough and most of the guests occupy them even if they are seated by the pool..every morning we had to ask to the beach guys to find one or to wait for other guests to leave! Good choice of restaurants; we ate twice at Bait al Bahar for its seafood and location by the beach..i believe it would be nice to have some barbecue nights by the beach to enjoy Omani seafood and feel the spirit of the resort..a down side was the service at the Arissa pool bar,very slow,staff not attentive,some tables were dirty and old fashion menu; the Circles pool bar looks a bit better offering a nicer menu and smiling staff! the last day we asked if we could check out only one hour later( our flight was at 16:30),they said No and even if i understand it is subjected to room availability i think it was not very nice as i was asking only for 1 more hour! Instead the reception staff called us at 12:01 asking us to come and check out instead of sending a bellboy to collect our luggage..i had to ask for it! The best thing of the resort is the location and the stunning view of the Gulf of Oman..
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
"Amazing"
Amazing beach and pool , lovely program for children , but far from the city .
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
nassib
Beautiful location however expensive!
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
"Perfectly easy family get away"
Lots to do for everyone of all ages. We would have never had to leave during the 4 days we stayed with all the activities.
4 night family trip Mar 24, 2015
"Shangri La Hotel"
It was a very good hotel with a beautiful view,and all the staff members were very friendly and attended to our every need. The rooms were clean and comfortable,and the facilities were great.I would love to visit again one day.
Yoon
"Beautiful resort but lacking in service!"
The hotel itself has exceptional grounds, beautiful beach and scenic mountains. The room was comfortable and clean. The service at the hotel is definitely lacking - starting with the front desk, bell boy to waiters and waitresses in the various restaurants. Each day we had to ask for someone to bring towels to our chairs by the pool, again ask for someone to bring us a menu for food and drinks. Your dirty dishes would sit around forever until most times we had to ask someone to come and pick them up. My husband would try to call my room via the front desk and he often had to call back three to four times (every time) because no one ANSWERS THE PHONE at this resort. I think it would be terrible if someone had an emergency message and no one answered the phone.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"Lovely resort with a few issues"
This resort has spectacular grounds, the sea even seems to be enchanted with the resort, shining a most beautiful blue every day! There are plenty of activities to keep everyone happy from the Lazy River, the pools, the ocean, the watersports, and the Splash Pad. We stayed in Al Bandar, and the rooms were lovely, the sea view was incredible, and the pools were fantastic. The check in was welcoming and fast, the check out gracious if somewhat slower. The resort food and drink were wonderful in the 4 restaurants and 2 bars we visited. The service in the bars was excellent, BUT, the service in the restaurants was erratic. Capri Court service was wonderful, but the B.A.B., the Indian, the poolside Grill, and the breakfast venues provided dismal service. Very hard to get coffee/tea in the mornings, any refills or other requests in all of these restaurants were delayed while we searched for waiters each time we needed anything. This is a noticeable and annoying service black eye in the resort, spoiling some of the joy of a visit there. We would still recommend the resort for it's beauty and fun, just be prepared for poor restaurant service. Warning: no pork available.
Texasgirl
"Outdoor facilities stellar. Rooms disappointing."
We brought our young kids, 4 & 5, and they loved the lazy river, pools, beach, splash pad, etc. The kids club was tiny, disappointing, and didn't hold their interest. The rooms were tiny and seemed to be decorated 20 years ago. I was really disappointed when considering value for money. The landscape surrounding the hotel is outstanding, so the location is really was is being purchased.
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
Very nice! Wonderful location! Pool side was marvelous!
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
"a great resort"
Really enjoyed a four night stay at this lovely resort, beautiful beach and well run hotel with good facilities. Service wasn't quite up to Shangri-La standards, but still very good. Arriving in early hours after a long flight, they provided an interim room for us, which was much appreciated. Attempts to upgrade room (and pay for it) were frustrated. Telephone answering was slow. Restaurant choice wasn't bad, which is just as well as there's no outside option.
4 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
Ray
"Great service, okay food, overall a good stay."
I only stayed for a short while, but I will definitely be back. Overall the stay was great, the beach and the pools I had access to. However, the restaurants were just...eh. The buffet was expensive and the food was just mediocre. It was international night the day I went and the food was just okay. Nothing really amazing about it. But I would definitely go back. I meant for the stay to be peaceful and relaxing and the resort definitely provided me that. Just a note, if you are alone without a child, request to stay in one of the other hotels that aren't for children. I didn't mind, but after a few hours the screaming children became a bit much.
1 night trip Mar 8, 2015
Elmeka
"The hotel is in a paradise setting"
Paradise setting, very clean, well maintained, no annoying insects or flies over all, helpful & friendly staff who go out of their way for you, fabulous beach and pool areas, huge choice of restaurants with many culinary treats - an idyllic location. I recommend hiring a car so you can go exploring. There is a very good cocktails rooftop bar above the fish restaurant and the non-alcoholic cocktails are truly delicious! There is complimentary yoga etc available but you need to delve and dig a bit as not all staff are informed or up to speed with whats available there at the resort. The spa could do with more features being added and ought to be free / complimentary to use the wet area and steam room (which is mega hot!) but over all it is a fantastic holiday spot and highly recommended - as a seasoned traveller I fully endorse this resort.
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
liz
"Excellent Hotel!"
The hotel is a gem! All aspect were flawless. Thank you for a great place to call home for couple of days
2 night business trip Mar 3, 2015
Mariela
"Wonderful Beautiful Resort"
While creating a wonderful 5 star resort they also kept the feeling of the Oman coast in that area which made it even more special. Although I would have liked to find a 3-4 star hotel for a few days on the beach in Oman the ones that exist are really inferior ( either the beach isn't as nice or there were vehicles allowed on the beach, etc.) and we decided it was worth it to spend the money for this place.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
Marilyn
"Very nice resort but rooms are tiny"
It was nice stay however the room is super tiny! I understand it is Oman and hotels are small but ComeOn it is not London! why do the room has to be super tiny! It was a nice stay though and the staff are professional and respectful. But just if the room was a little bigger!
2 night romance trip Feb 5, 2015
Ali
"Wonderful hotel"
We enjoyed the hotel, room, staff, environment, breakfast. Everything was super!
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Irina M
"Great place"
We have stayed at Al Husn 3 times and it has never disappointed us. The staff are extremely friendly and accommodating. The room is spotless with very comfortable beds. All the hotel amenities are fantastic as is the scenery. We highly recommend it and will definitely be going back.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Kid friendly hotel"
We had a great time with kids. It is one of the list kid friendly hotels I had been to. Kids have a lot of options to play to choose from
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
ron
"A bit on the expensive side but a memorable place"
Beautiful resort a bit far from town. Beautiful beach and grounds.
4 night trip with friends Dec 25, 2014
Pablo
"Best vacation for couples"
I stayed from 23 of Dec to 31 Christmas night I booked a table at a restaurant it was amazing, the place has a calming vibe good for both couples and families.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
Mohammad
"A very polit front desk manager whom serving W. D."
Hotel the city the country the omanee also the oberall communittee serve with a very wellcom Welldone to every thing in muscat all the best
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
vacation
"Spectacular, super luxurious resort"
The title of my review says it all. Quite unexpected in Oman. My only gripe is that reservation management refused my request, through Expedia and on site, to cancel three days of the four-day reservation I had made in order to sort out what we would do after the shocking cancellation of our cruise to India and beyond. Turns out we were able to book an alternate cruise leaving the next day on a British cruise ship. Despite all entreaties, the resort would not provide a refund for the three unused days.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
NGB Boise
"A nice Hotel for a short family trip 3-4 days"
Reach the hotel at early morning, and receiption staff want to keep us waiting till 12 noon!! however we manage to get our room. Hotel facilties are excellent, but staff politiness and customer services need to be develop and take care off. Same issue happend when we leave hotel, we were charge for few hours to stay in our room, should be as a 5 -6 stars hotel provide a late check out Recomunded to take a short marine trip to see dolphine, or going for fishing. Weather was perefect as this time of the year, sunny and nice for relaxing near the pool, or the beach with kids.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
Mukhtar
"By the beach"
The resort facilities are excellent. The beach staff give you water bottles in a little cooler to keep you hydrated and the pool restaurant will deliver food and drink to your lounge chair on the beach. The breakfast buffet is varied and tasty. The 1 Omani Real donation they bill each check (optional) is a nice touch. The heritage village is a bit of a trek and not too many shops are there.
2 night romance trip Nov 23, 2014
Katherine
"Relax to the max!"
Great experience from check in to check out. Only point to be aware of is that there are actually 3 separate styles of Shangri La Resorts in one - so if you are going with friends or have children, you may not be able to go to each others facilities & restaurants. Al Wahda & Al Bandar are families, whilst Husn is couples only and though you have children can't use their private beach/ pool etc. This isn't mentioned when booking. Luckily, we booked the Al Bandar Other than that - what a place!
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
Kyp
"Unexpected stay that I extended and hope to return"
Landed at the Shangri-La because a cruise was cancelled. That was a silver lining to a rather unfortunate interruption in travel plans. After cruise liner placed us there I decided to stay on. So instead of 17 days cruising I ended up spending 15 days at the Shangri-La attempting to make lemonade out of lemons. It's name is truly descriptive of the beautiful setting. The staff is exceptional and the the dining options are numerous. Perfect weather every day only complimented by the fine beach and pristine water. Though I was there under a rather stressful situation this place called Shangri-La offered comfort. Not many Americans seemed to have discovererd the Shangri-La and the peaceful, clean and harmonious country of Oman. They should! I would look forward returning to Shangri-La any time only under different circumstances.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"Nice Place to Relax"
This is my second time to this hotel and I like it. I stayed in sea-view room and the scene was fantastic, especially from the fourth floor. Food was excellent too.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
Ragab
"Beautiful Location"
Nice location and they have a vast area facing the sea. The road leading to the resort is really nice. The lazy river will make the kids happy (adults also). Good choice of food for the breakfast. Very clear water in the sea, we were looking for turtles but couldn't find any. Over all it was a good experience.
1 night family trip Oct 23, 2014
Shibu
"Luxury escape"
Amazing stay. Stayed at the Al Husn Hotel. Superb facilities, very comfortable room with spectacular views of the pool and sea. Loved the complimentary minibar items and pool/beach coolers with waters and juices, as well as the happy hour and daily tea service. Breakfast was fantastic - abundance of choices and wonderful staff.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Amazing"
Nothing can compare with this hotel ... amazing style .. amazing location .. amazing facilities
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
ali
"Good for leisure,for business. Too far from city."
Rooms are good and the food is excellent. Excellent hotel for a holiday trip or leisure, but inconvenient for business travel, as it is a considerable distance away from the main city.
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
I soon I got a holiday will get back there nice place to spend time there
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Latifa
"Excellent resort, far from the maddening crowd"
Reached the hotel well into the dark hours, a little difficult to find if you driving yourself for the first time in Muscat, which we were. But once you get to the hotel, it is a great location surrounded by mountains. Lots of interesting restaurants around and the great views of the Arabian Gulf makes it a perfect stay for long weekends.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
H.
"Very nice but pricey restaurants with slow service"
Very relaxing stay... First time there enjoyed ourselves on the beach and pools, just a lazy three days for us.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
Rad
"Great Hotel in a Wonderful Location"
The location of the hotel is really spectacular, beach is very beatiful and very nice to swim. Staff very helpful. I really enjoy stay and definitevely I would recomend this hotel and Muscat as a Vacation place.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
juan
"Amazing Hotel"
One of the best resort experiences ever. Very refreshingly laid back. Everything was complimentary! Could use a little more lively nights though. Ordering drinks and food at BAB lounge took ages even though it wasn't busy but the music was amazing. Overall just simply brilliant.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
JZ
"Excellent facility with private beach"
Wonderful experience. My wife and kids loved this place and would like to visit again.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Hassan
"All the possibilities of a 5 star resort"
The hotel itself if beautiful, set in the side of a mountain. The beach and pools are great. Rooms are nicely done, beds and pillows are comfy. Some of the restaurants are kind of pricey, but we did the breakfast included so we really only paid for dinner most days. Even though there are kids at the resort there is plenty of space to move away if they get too loud. Lazy river is wonderful. Free kayaks was a nice perk. All in all nice resort
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
"Great view and nice beach"
Great experience but had an issue with wifi in the rooms
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
fahim
"Luxurious resort"
Be aware that Shangri-La is a resort of 3 separate hotels: Al Husn ("The Castle") is quiet, exclusive, adults. Al Bandar ("The a Town") is dominated by a fun and large pool. Al Waha ("The Oasis") is for family getaways. Book accordingly! We didn't know that information and booked Al Waha even though we were looking for a quiet couple's getaway. The excellent staff switched our reservation swiftly and efficiently and we loved Al Husn so much that we didn't want to leave. The price there includes extensive breakfast buffet, afternoon tea, and cocktail hour. Be sure to have cash on hand if you're driving at all since we couldn't find a gas station that accepts credit cards.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Shana
"An excellent environment for all tastes."
A well maintained and managed facilty which provided me and my family a total piece of mind with complete relaxations.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"Stunning Setting"
We enjoyed our stay at the Shangri-la immensely. The staff were excellent, very hospitable and knowledgeable. The seafood restaurant was exceptional and the staff went out of their way by decorating the table with rosé petals for our wedding anniversary. We dined outside, listening to the waves beside us. We are looking forward to a return visit very soon.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
denise
"Perfect escape"
Amazing hotel and great food ..the free afternoon tea and pre dinner drink were nice..very friendly staff..I would recommend shahrazad resturant in alhusn..
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
"Great resort -- room, service, dining and location"
Set in an unbelievably dramatic location, where the sandstone mountains of Oman meet the sea, this resort offers it all. I stayed in the Al Husn property (there are three hotels in the compound), and couldn't be happier with the experience. The staff was friendly and attentive. The food at the Sultanah restaurant in the hotel was amazing -- I had thought I'd try out other restaurants on the property but the menu which changes daily and high food quality/presentation kept me coming back every night. The room was more than I had expected. The service at the private beach was great, too, with complimentary towels, umbrella/chairs, and coolers of water/juice/ice. There was a lunch restaurant/beach bar feet from the beach that made staying at the beach all day very easy. The concierge organized a snorkelling and sea-kayak trip for me. My only regret was that the resort was so nice, I never did end up taking any trips to see the rest of Oman! I guess I'll have to go back to see the rest of the country.