All hotels in Napa, California, United States of America
875 Bordeaux Way, Napa, CA, 94558, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Even though this hotel is very nice and the ambiance is great, we had a terrible experience checking in. They made us wait five hours when we know for a fact that we could have checked in 3 hrs upon arrival (we could see our room from the pool and when it was being cleaned) - the communication between housekeeping and the front desk is atrocious meaning there isn't any. It was the worst check-in experience we ever had anywhere. I do not blame any of the people working there, this is a problem from the top to set the procedures. And as we did complain to the General Manager and never heard from him, we see that they really didn't care. I loved the hotel, but not sure I would stay there again because of this. A sincere apology would have been appreciated. If they had told us from the get go, that you can't check in til 415pm, we would have done something else, but they kept telling us the room was being worked on. How long does it take to work on one room? The only time they seemed to consider was their own and not their guests.
The staff was nice. The facilities are clean and comfortable. Just felt like a spruced up embassy suites.
"fun staycation"
The hotel's a bit out of the way but you could definitely spend a good portion of your day here especially if you're spending time at their spa and wine tasting room. What a wonderful stay this was! My husband and I were here for our 7th yr anniversary. The entire resort was so accommodating, friendly and nice! We left our bags in the morning since we had an early spa appt. The front desk host said that she would request for a room to be ready for us when we returned. This was already such a nice perk already! Then when we returned, she confirmed that a room was ready and when we received our keys and were about to enter the elevator, she chased up to let us know of an error. That she actually checked us into the wrong room. No big deal, I come from a hotel background also and well besides this, mistakes happen. She then proceeded to upgrade us (which really was not necessary) and brought our luggage up herself. Kelly, thank you for making our stay memorable!! You exuded excellent customer service and I could tell that you go above and beyond for your guests. it was truly appreciated and we are definitely coming back! We just wished we could have stayed longer!
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
susan
"Nice hotel, but not central to the winery action"
We enjoyed our stay at Meritage. It's a perfect location if your visit to the area will include trips to the San Francisco bay cities as well as the wine country, but if your going to be in the heart of wine country, this place is at the very south end of Napa Valley. That makes many of the premier wineries a good distance away (30-40 minutes).
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
"Nice a little out of the way"
I would go back and recomend to any one, very nice hotel. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The only issues is the property is a little out of the way from most vinyards.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
JJ
"Beautiful hotel close to downtown and wineries"
Staff was very friendly and helpful. Gorgeous hotel. Room was very clean and comfortable. You can rent movies for free with popcorn and complementary bottle of wine with the room! No complaints here.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
"Very dissappointing!"
The hotel is fine if you are booking a business trip/conference but for anything else I would not recommend this hotel. Food poor, room cleaning did not come, activities were all booked by the companies holding events.
2 night trip Oct 20, 2014
Lynn Bell
"Simply Perfect"
The stay was awesome. The hotel was very clean, spacious, and had an awesome ambiance! It is located in the middle of Napa Valley. There was a complimentary bottle of wine and there's tons of entertainment ON SITE! Friendly staff and FREE PARKING!
3 night romance trip Oct 16, 2014
Kelly S.
"Over $400 per nite and no slippers =("
Room is clean (relatively speaking, thought you can see the grout lines are far from their original color) and updated, but small for the price charge (I had just come back from staying at the Wynn in Vegas where I had a huge room). There is a flat panel TV with limited channels. Bed was too soft, but still good enough for a night's rest. Hotel should remind other guests checking out to mind the noise they make. For the price, maybe you don't get much given Napa is so touristy, but I was disappointed they didn't have slippers.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
iLuvLuxury
"30% HIGHER than competitors yet delivers 70% LESS"
While the property is nicely decorated, it seemed to be lost in identity. Property design is set up for conventions and large buses clutter the drive. Before completing the checkin process, i was greeted by a concierge that was attempting to get me to attend a timeshare event the next day. The room was the biggest disappointment, the price was outrageous for what we experienced. I requested a room with a view, and we were overlooking a roof and a large air conditioner. The bathroom glass door screeched everytime we opened it. We attempted to have our room changed, but they did not have anything available, so they did say they would send someone up to repair the door and she gave us a coupon for free breakfast. The door was never repaired and the process to use the breakfast coupon was ridicoulous!! We went to breakfast, presented the coupon and our waiter said we had to charge to our room and then take the coupon to the front desk to have them remove the charge. The line was so long I had to wait over 15 minutes, once I got to the counter the man said that since I had made my reservation thru Expedia, they normally would not accept coupons, I explained what had happened and he said ok, he would take care of it.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Mrs Russell
"Great resort but not the best location"
Great resort - room was nice, stuff was great. The only negative is the location - it's near business area. You don't get the feel that you are in a wine country. You'll have to drive to downtown. Also, other wineries are quite far from this location.
1 night romance trip Oct 12, 2014
"Excellent Getaway!!"
Loved the Meritage, will def be back!! Pet friendly which is really nice for dog lovers. No need to leave the resort, there is everything to do right on the beautiful property!
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Too crowded for amenities"
Check in was a mad house. The Hotel had three weddings and many of the spaces that were advertised to enjoy as guests, fire pits, bowling and more were closed for private parties.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
New Hampshire
"Over-jpriced and over-booked"
There was not enough desk staff at check in or check out. There was no availability in the spa for bookings. The pool was overcrowded with no seats avaiable. The cost was $600/night. Should have been more like $200. Very disappointing for a Marriott. Would not recommend.
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
"Great getaway, luxurious room"
The hotel itself is very nice. Not exactly close to vineyards and town but it is quiet unless there's a wedding going on, which there was, but heck, a wedding is something to celebrate so it's ok. The room was beautiful and well appointed, one that is tough to leave even if it is a hotel room. We would definitely return.
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2014
Suzanne
"Wonderful hotel in Napa!"
We relocated to this hotel after staying at another hotel downtown. We were so extremely pleased with the staff, room cleanliness, and overall grounds. We would definitely recommend this resort to our friends and look forward to staying there again.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"Large hotel with Amenities"
We stayed at the Meritage for a 2 night trip to Napa after the Westin was closed due to Earthquake Damage. The hotel is large with several separate buildings and many amenities. The resort fee includes WIFI, parking and a free bottle of wine and water in the room which was a nice touch. The room was generally clean and the California King bed was huge and comfortable. We were upgraded to a vineyard view which was quite lovely however if you get a vineyard view that is not in the main building you also get a lovely parking lot view. The room was generally clean with one small exception as housekeeping forgot to remove the previous guests leftover food from the mini-fridge which was a little gross. The hotel also has a sports bar with bowling alley and a tasting room inside a cave beneath the vineyard. You can also walk through the vineyard. If I stay here again I would request the main building as it overlooks both the pool and vineyard. Also, the location is about 10 minutes south of Napa so not ideal but not really a hindrance.
2 night romance trip Sep 1, 2014
Jonathan
"Beautiful resort not far away..."
I was a little disappointed with the hotel staff and a few other small things, but otherwise this was a fantastic hotel. The staff just weren't friendly...almost as if I was bothering them with any question I had. Food at the bar in the hotel lobby was terrible, but the grounds/spa/vineyard are beautiful, room was clean for the most part (other than the 5 used toothpicks I found scattered about) and comfortable. It would have been nice to know when we checked in that the wine and water in the room were complimentary - we didn't find that out until we were checking out and about to catch a flight...
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
Virginia
"A delightful get-away"
Napa is easy to navigate, and even though the Meritage is at the southern end of the area, we had no difficulty getting to the wineries and restaurants from this property. Conceriege gave us good recommendations. My friends enjoyed the spa services.
3 night trip with friends Aug 27, 2014
MKelly
"amazing"
I cannot say enough about this place it was amazing
2 night trip Aug 18, 2014
Janee
"Cute little couples spot"
This hotel is out of the way and near Napa but off the beaten path. Rooms are small but cute. Not a place for kids but great for couples.
2 night business trip Aug 18, 2014
Ca
"Great views and service pool needs more seating."
The only complaint I have is regarding pool area. First, there was a lack of lounge chairs for people at the adult pool. I think the resort could reorganize a bit to fix this and still avoid over crowding. I gave seen it done nicely at other resorts. Second, there was a group of people in there 20s/39s playing around in the adult pool area. They were Jumping in, splashing, sitting on shoulders, throwing balls, etc. Other adults were clearly annoyed by them and nothing was ever done about it.
2 night trip Aug 10, 2014
Danielle
"Great safe choice"
This was our first Napa trip so the Meritage was a great safe bet for us. The resort has most of the amenities one would want. Rooms were nice, clean and up to date. The staff was extremely friendly, curtious and helpful. We enjoyed the tasting room. We were forced to cut our trip short so we did not get to experience all the Meritage's amenities such as Crush ultra lounge or the spa. We only experienced one dinner at Siena, the resorts primary restaurant and found the meal to be good but a bit pricey. Negatives though these could be positives depending on personal preference, would be the location. The resort sits on the south edge of Napa which lacks in the character and charm department. Not to mention the neighborhood is a business park. However it does make for quick access to Napa's amenities and to surrounding airports. We would recommend the Meritage to others not wishing to risk a smaller boutique hotel or this who wish to not stay at one of the everyday chain hotels.
4 night trip Aug 10, 2014
Trevor
"Great Location! Great Hotel!"
It was a great experience and would certainly recommend this hotel to others. We had an awesome time!
3 night family trip Aug 11, 2014
Binoy Alvares
"10 Year Anniversary"
We recently returned from a mini-break for our 10 year anniversary which we spent at The Meritage. The resort is lovely but we did have some minor complaints. It took ages to get checked in as there were not enough staff at the desk. Once we did make it to the head of the line they were most accommodating. When we asked for recommendations from the concierge the woman was a bit snarky and not very helpful. The pool was grand and very clean. But some of the other guests were not as civilized as we'd hoped, especially for such a resort. The parking attendants and assistants were most excellent and always there to assist. I would return to The Meritage but perhaps not during such a touristy period.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Absolutely magnificent resort
3 night trip Aug 5, 2014
J.Carroll
"Nice resort"
Service / helpfulness of everyone was excellent. Room was very nice, but we felt the room temperature was hard to regulate for sleeping. You get complimentary water the first night, but no more for extra nights. It also would be nice if there was a complimentary breakfast included. Especially for the cost of the stay compared to other places that are just as nice and do included the breakfast. Although, it was a very nice place to stay.
2 night romance trip Jul 29, 2014
Bry & Shell
"Nice resort close to wine yards"
Stayed for two nights with kids. Wonderful clean hotel, about 30 min away from major wineries. Nice walking trail through wine yards adjacent to the hotel. Separate kids pool, and an arcade with bowling and a pool table open to families till 7 pm.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
PJ
"Everything on site"
Bowling and sports bar really fun. Beautiful resort with everything on site- coffee bar, tasting room, spa, restaurant, sports bar, pool and jacuzzi ETC
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"Just what we hoped for"
We enjoyed our stay at the Meritage. The staff was very accommodating and went over and above to make sure our stay was comfortable. The shuttle to Napa was a wonderful service and a nice surprise. The Meritage has my gratitude for their honesty and integrity as I left my jewelry in the room safe and they retrieved it and sent it to me very quickly after I inquired about the loss. I am so grateful for the honesty of the the staff. Thank you, Meritage!
3 night trip Jul 8, 2014
Pool with children was difficult to find and far from room.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
"Welcoming and Relaxing!"
This was one of the most inviting stays I have ever had! The whole experience from arrival to check-out was totally amazing. Beautiful, comfortable room, great food, excellent service and the most friendly helpful workers!
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
"Terrific hotel with easy access to Napa"
Very impressed with property. Nice amenities. Staff very good.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Big Sam
Beautiful views of the vineyard from our room. The pool also offered a relaxing experience.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
"A Great Napa Weekend"
The staff and accommodations were awesome. Everyone was so helpful and professional.
"Nice facility but not worth the money!"
We spent 2 nights at the Meritage during the July 4th weekend. We arrived past 4pm but the rooms were not ready and we had to wait for 30 minutes. I was eligible for a free upgrade through Expedia and was offered a pool view room but I would have to open the windows and jumped out to get a view of the pool. We declined the upgrade and went back to the original room. Parking was easy to get and they have free valet parking. The shuttle bus to downtown Napa was also convenient. Breakfast was reasonable and the service was good. The pool was small for a facility this large. There was one bocce play area which is not sufficient for a facility this large. The point of sale at the Cafe was not working the entire weekend and took ages to but anything. I expect get facility and service when I pay close to $500 for a night and did not get it. This may be a great place to have a wedding as I saw multiple wedding during the two days, not not a place to go for a relaxing weekend.
sriram
"Great amenities. Fabulous spa"
Great vacation spot. Really helpful staff, lovely room with a great on sight restaurant and spa
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
CSL
"Beautiful setting. very well maintained"
Very nice hotel, staff and food. Charges though for cabanas at pool and bowling.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
"Girl trip"
We had a fantastic time. The spa was great, especially the staff. The concierge was so helpful, she oft us complementary tasting at a great winery. No complaints
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
The pool is amazing day beds and cabanas to lay out and relax. rooms are newly remodeled. We asked for a little later check out time. they would not accommodate us at all they told us we could check out an hour later for 100$ more! I found that ridiculous they made me feel extremely rushed and uncorfotable and it ended up ruining my entire stay we had plans and had to rush to reconfigure all of our plans
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Nice facilities and friendly staff. Would go again.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
"Excellent customer service"
You have excellent customer service- We ate in the Siena- had room service -the maids- pool people- On every level, we were treated like royals! Seriously- I value that highly, and it did not go un-noticed- It was simply lovely
2 night trip Jun 14, 2014
harborgirl
"Nice hotel but in a commercial area"
We had a really nice stay here but we were surprised to find that the hotel is in a corporate area....not necessarily the picturesque area I imagined (even though they have pretty vineyards behind the property). The room was very nice. They also have a convenient shuttle service into town which is nice. We didn't spend much time at the actual property so we can't comment on the amenities.
2 night trip Jun 15, 2014
"Excellent hotel with attention to detail"
Excellent hotel with attention to detail, will stay there again when we go back to Napa.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Great place to stay while touring Napa"
This was our second time staying here and it was quite nice, as we expected. Two concierge's, Sharon and Jillian, were awesome in helping to schedule a driver and our specific Vineyard requests. They did it all for us and did not disappoint. It was a fabulous experience and we all loved every minute of it. Would recommend to anyone that enjoys fine wines.
Other trip May 25, 2014
Vivian
"Nice pool, only 5ft deep though"
We had a blast at the pool and hot tub. We ordered drinks, sat by the pool, lounged in a cabana, and got a massage. Lovely hotel.
Other trip May 14, 2014
Keely
"GreT event location"
While it was crowded due to a wedding and other meetings, the hotel is a very nice venue for that. I do not see this as a romantic getaway location for a couple.
Other trip May 11, 2014
Evan
"Great hotel with nice amenities."
We stayed here for 5 days in May and was a great experience. Room was clean, amenities good, and people are friendly. Only downside was the food. Room service was limited and cafe was average. Luckily there are a lot of places to eat in Napa but bring your own late night snacks if you get hungry. We did the hotel Saturday wine tour and would recommend it. The wineries were average but had great customer service, and was educational. However, not for the experienced wine drinker.
Other trip May 7, 2014
Michelle B.
"short spring break"
surprised it was in an industrial area, but once you get inside the propert it was a big surprise.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
"Beautiful resort for a great price"
We stayed here for my bachelorette party and it was perfect! The rooms were clean and the hotel staff were very nice and the whole place was relaxing and comfortable. We had dinner at Siena (hotel restaurant) the first night and the food was only ok. We did spent most of our day out at wineries but grabbed a light breakfast with a latte at The Blend, which was convenient and good.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014