All hotels in Napa, California, United States of America
875 Bordeaux Way, Napa, CA, 94558, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Thin Walls"
When we first got to the hotel it looked like a nice place so we were happy about that. We were staying over to get a early start on wine tasting for the next day. Unfortunately our excitement for the hotel didn't last long. We went to bed around 11:30pm but was rudely woken up by very heavy footsteps and loud talking from our neighbors (perhaps the room above us?). We tried to make a complain from the hotel phone but realized that the room's telephone was not functional, so we decided to just endure it (which lasted about an hour) and try to go back to sleep. In the morning at around 6-7am we were again woken up by our neighbors to our frustration. Our goal of starting the day fresh (which is why we stayed over in napa instead of driving over to napa in the morning) was not successful.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
zhi
Wonderful facility! Will visit for a third time in the future. My only complaint is that we asked the concierge to provide another robe for my husband to the outdoor pool. The air was cold but the pool water was warm. They ignored our request so it was a brisk walk back to our room for him.(one robe provided per room).
Other trip Feb 15, 2015
"Great Get away"
It was our 35th Anniversary. We went for one night. The front desk went out of their way to make sure we had a nice time. The hotel provides a very convenient shuttle into Napa. Hotel is in a nice location just at the edge of town just far enough off the hwy that it's quiet. Very clean and beautiful bathrooms. Nice work out facility and I discovered that there is a sports bar that includes pool tables and a bowling alley next door. we had a wonderful time.
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
"Spa, bowling and vistas"
Fantastic, peaceful location with easy access to Napa, Sonoma, SF and all areas around the bay city. The spa is to die for!!! Pay for a 50 minute treatment and you have all day use of the facility (you can come and go). Menus are different at all of the bars/restaurants and it is amazing food!! Highly recommend and I am definitely going back.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
"Beautiful hotel with nice amenities"
I highly recommend this hotel. The grounds are beautiful, the staff is friendly, the amenities are free, and the pool area and rooms are nice. We were upgraded upon arrival because it was a slow night, and we were given a free bottle of wine. Also, the front desk called us to check on how we liked our room. Excellent customer service. Beware of a time share offer, though.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
Houstonian
"Nice hotel close to downtown Napa with shuttle."
Good expirience. Staff super nice. Spa is the best!!
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
ART
"Nice wine resort"
Overall nice hotel and resort. Good rooms and public spaces. Seemed to have lots of things to do onsite.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
alan
"Napa stay"
Awsome
1 night trip with friends Jan 17, 2015
"Lovely Hotel"
Great getaway spot North of Napa especially when you want to head up to the Naps Valley for wine tasting.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
Robyn
"Poor soundproofing"
You can hear people walking upstairs and it gets pretty loud. The staff is very friendly. They give you a bottle of wine in your room and they repeatedly say 'it is a courtesy from us', 'it is free', 'free' during check in. Thank you I get it it is free but who really drinks that cheap bottle when you drink all day long in Napa plus another bottle during the dinner. A better idea would be to give more water and no wine. Location is far from everything, I wish I stayed at a place closer to the main action.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
Ugur
"Great location in a beautiful setting"
We had a really great visit - large well appointed rooms, friendly staff, good food for breakfast
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
"Staff"
I left a pair of pants. every time we called no one knew anything about them or our call. We called back 30 min. after we left, so anyone could have gone to the room and gotten them. Theywe in the bed, so eithere hosuekeeping did not change the linens, or threw them out. When we were booking the trip, I got three different stories from three different people concerning New Years Eve and the city. I was concerned about a DUI, so I booked a stay. The staff weree so uncertain I reconsdiered and unbooked, only to get there and get yet another story about check points etc. I am not a heavy drinker, but check points are a definite inspection. I am a very detailed person when it comes to making reservations etc. While waiting in line to get my room an hour after it was suppose to be ready, a man in front who was suppoe to just pick up his keys and go, was a llowed to barder for room upgrades. The man next to me told me to complain about the wait and I'll get free drinks. I did not. I think that is wrong to try to swindle you. I expect fair service for a fair price. What I would recommend is that staff take more time in conveying messages and checking on patrons. A simple sticky note would help me to remember to check on something, instead of telling hsouekeeping, who could care less. Attention to detail would make me return.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"Great Stay!"
Hotel is in a very quiet location. Room was clean and comfortable.
2 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
Yat
The room are confortable but the service at Lobby is not up to the price.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Great Stay!"
Came here to engage to my now, fiance! Couldn't have asked for a better scenery in their private vineyard. Most beautiful views in wine country (esp. his estate) and service by the hotel was phenomenal. Oh and BTW, SHE SAID YES!
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Cave"
Room had one window that opened to the room patio next door ????
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"NYE 2015"
The resort is nicely designed and decorated but the location is in between industrial offices. Location allows you to drive into Downtown Napa or the winery's within 20 minutes. The Spa was the best part of our stay! $130 each for 50 minutes. Even though it's pet friendly they didn't not provide patio options to dine outside with your dog at their restaurants. The check-in process was ridiculously bad with us not getting checked in until 5:35pm upon arriving at 3:45pm for 4pm check in. Front desk lady was nice though. The service at Blend was horrific. To read about go to Yelp and search reviews. Overall the stay was nice but very inconsistent with our initial expectations of the locations and the inconsustent level of service. Will not return to stay again but would come back for a Spa day and drinks at Crush Ultra Lounge.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Not a Good Way to Start the New Year"
Stayed New Year's eve. While a certain amount of 2:00am rowdiness is understandable, after a point hotel management owes its guests some efforts at control. Specifically, our room faced a courtyard enclosed by two or maybe three building walls. So the sound of drunk kids blowing stadium horns and yelling reverberated throughout for hours. As a result, we had a miserable night and were exhausted the following day. A second and minor point: the designer who chose the hotel's psychedelic hall carpeting needs to find a new profession.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Ryan
"Beautiful Venue"
New Years Eve celebration- amazing dinner followed by dancing- excellent service
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
"Moderate over all"
Doubt if linens are washed because top sheets and fit sheets are all wrinkled. Bathroom door is not properly working, every time door makes noisy when tried to close. Beautiful area, but room is not excellent condition.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
Yong Ae
"Very nice hotel"
Beautiful hotel in Napa. Very large, has restaurants and a bowling alley. Relatively new, and some what "Vegas" like, which we appreciated very much over the tiny boutique hotels in St. Helena, Sonoma, Yontville and Calistoga (but if that is what you looking for this may not be the place for you). Everyone was so nice, the front desk staff was very pleasant, the bottle of wine in the room was delicious (Apprentice Cabernet Sauvignon), and it was the perfect place for our anniversary. We loved staying there. I should mention that we are Bay Area locals.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
Clare
"Convenience"
Thanksgiving with family, location is not bad because of loction to the street soscol. Takes 15 min to reach downtown on hotel shuttle.
5 night family trip Nov 25, 2014
"Overpriced generic hotel lacking any charm"
Although the hotel itself is in excellent condition and the staff are very courteous it just lacks charm. Perfectly pleasant but we both walked away feeling blah, let's not come back.It's kind of a large, unimaginative by the numbers hotel, that felt way overpriced. I can imagine a group booking for a conference it might be ok but no real charm for a couple or families. I appreciate this is subjective. The highlight for our 5 year old was the bowling alley, that was really cool - but not worth the $20 per head to play. My wife enjoyed the spa - built in a cave, but decorated generically like the rest of the hotel, without really leveraging its surrounds. The sports bar with the bowling alley and the cafe (forget their names) were also generically bland. Had the feel of cafe at a mall rather than a place you'd want to eat. The whole place kind of felt like one of those big executive suite hotels by the highway but pricing itself as though it was something special.
Andy
"Keep Looking"
I have stayed at The Meritage multiple times, but after this last week I will never be back. I travel quite frequently for work but I can say that, without question, this is was one of the noisiest rooms I've ever stayed in. We could hear noise from below (music and bowling alley at Crush until 2am) and above (staff doing something on the third floor). Room service is overpriced for the quality they deliver. I did get a massage at the spa which was lovely and the only highlight of the stay.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
Great and beautiful hotel, updated, friendly staff, lots to do from bowling to walking through vineyards. Helpful staff and restaurant was amazing.
Liz
Even though this hotel is very nice and the ambiance is great, we had a terrible experience checking in. They made us wait five hours when we know for a fact that we could have checked in 3 hrs upon arrival (we could see our room from the pool and when it was being cleaned) - the communication between housekeeping and the front desk is atrocious meaning there isn't any. It was the worst check-in experience we ever had anywhere. I do not blame any of the people working there, this is a problem from the top to set the procedures. And as we did complain to the General Manager and never heard from him, we see that they really didn't care. I loved the hotel, but not sure I would stay there again because of this. A sincere apology would have been appreciated. If they had told us from the get go, that you can't check in til 415pm, we would have done something else, but they kept telling us the room was being worked on. How long does it take to work on one room? The only time they seemed to consider was their own and not their guests.
The staff was nice. The facilities are clean and comfortable. Just felt like a spruced up embassy suites.
"fun staycation"
The hotel's a bit out of the way but you could definitely spend a good portion of your day here especially if you're spending time at their spa and wine tasting room. What a wonderful stay this was! My husband and I were here for our 7th yr anniversary. The entire resort was so accommodating, friendly and nice! We left our bags in the morning since we had an early spa appt. The front desk host said that she would request for a room to be ready for us when we returned. This was already such a nice perk already! Then when we returned, she confirmed that a room was ready and when we received our keys and were about to enter the elevator, she chased up to let us know of an error. That she actually checked us into the wrong room. No big deal, I come from a hotel background also and well besides this, mistakes happen. She then proceeded to upgrade us (which really was not necessary) and brought our luggage up herself. Kelly, thank you for making our stay memorable!! You exuded excellent customer service and I could tell that you go above and beyond for your guests. it was truly appreciated and we are definitely coming back! We just wished we could have stayed longer!
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
susan
"Nice hotel, but not central to the winery action"
We enjoyed our stay at Meritage. It's a perfect location if your visit to the area will include trips to the San Francisco bay cities as well as the wine country, but if your going to be in the heart of wine country, this place is at the very south end of Napa Valley. That makes many of the premier wineries a good distance away (30-40 minutes).
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
"Nice a little out of the way"
I would go back and recomend to any one, very nice hotel. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The only issues is the property is a little out of the way from most vinyards.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
JJ
"Beautiful hotel close to downtown and wineries"
Staff was very friendly and helpful. Gorgeous hotel. Room was very clean and comfortable. You can rent movies for free with popcorn and complementary bottle of wine with the room! No complaints here.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
"Very dissappointing!"
The hotel is fine if you are booking a business trip/conference but for anything else I would not recommend this hotel. Food poor, room cleaning did not come, activities were all booked by the companies holding events.
2 night trip Oct 20, 2014
Lynn Bell
"Simply Perfect"
The stay was awesome. The hotel was very clean, spacious, and had an awesome ambiance! It is located in the middle of Napa Valley. There was a complimentary bottle of wine and there's tons of entertainment ON SITE! Friendly staff and FREE PARKING!
3 night romance trip Oct 16, 2014
Kelly S.
"Over $400 per nite and no slippers =("
Room is clean (relatively speaking, thought you can see the grout lines are far from their original color) and updated, but small for the price charge (I had just come back from staying at the Wynn in Vegas where I had a huge room). There is a flat panel TV with limited channels. Bed was too soft, but still good enough for a night's rest. Hotel should remind other guests checking out to mind the noise they make. For the price, maybe you don't get much given Napa is so touristy, but I was disappointed they didn't have slippers.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
iLuvLuxury
"30% HIGHER than competitors yet delivers 70% LESS"
While the property is nicely decorated, it seemed to be lost in identity. Property design is set up for conventions and large buses clutter the drive. Before completing the checkin process, i was greeted by a concierge that was attempting to get me to attend a timeshare event the next day. The room was the biggest disappointment, the price was outrageous for what we experienced. I requested a room with a view, and we were overlooking a roof and a large air conditioner. The bathroom glass door screeched everytime we opened it. We attempted to have our room changed, but they did not have anything available, so they did say they would send someone up to repair the door and she gave us a coupon for free breakfast. The door was never repaired and the process to use the breakfast coupon was ridicoulous!! We went to breakfast, presented the coupon and our waiter said we had to charge to our room and then take the coupon to the front desk to have them remove the charge. The line was so long I had to wait over 15 minutes, once I got to the counter the man said that since I had made my reservation thru Expedia, they normally would not accept coupons, I explained what had happened and he said ok, he would take care of it.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Mrs Russell
"Great resort but not the best location"
Great resort - room was nice, stuff was great. The only negative is the location - it's near business area. You don't get the feel that you are in a wine country. You'll have to drive to downtown. Also, other wineries are quite far from this location.
1 night romance trip Oct 12, 2014
"Excellent Getaway!!"
Loved the Meritage, will def be back!! Pet friendly which is really nice for dog lovers. No need to leave the resort, there is everything to do right on the beautiful property!
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Too crowded for amenities"
Check in was a mad house. The Hotel had three weddings and many of the spaces that were advertised to enjoy as guests, fire pits, bowling and more were closed for private parties.
Other trip Oct 10, 2014
New Hampshire
"Over-jpriced and over-booked"
There was not enough desk staff at check in or check out. There was no availability in the spa for bookings. The pool was overcrowded with no seats avaiable. The cost was $600/night. Should have been more like $200. Very disappointing for a Marriott. Would not recommend.
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
"Great getaway, luxurious room"
The hotel itself is very nice. Not exactly close to vineyards and town but it is quiet unless there's a wedding going on, which there was, but heck, a wedding is something to celebrate so it's ok. The room was beautiful and well appointed, one that is tough to leave even if it is a hotel room. We would definitely return.
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2014
Suzanne
"Wonderful hotel in Napa!"
We relocated to this hotel after staying at another hotel downtown. We were so extremely pleased with the staff, room cleanliness, and overall grounds. We would definitely recommend this resort to our friends and look forward to staying there again.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"Large hotel with Amenities"
We stayed at the Meritage for a 2 night trip to Napa after the Westin was closed due to Earthquake Damage. The hotel is large with several separate buildings and many amenities. The resort fee includes WIFI, parking and a free bottle of wine and water in the room which was a nice touch. The room was generally clean and the California King bed was huge and comfortable. We were upgraded to a vineyard view which was quite lovely however if you get a vineyard view that is not in the main building you also get a lovely parking lot view. The room was generally clean with one small exception as housekeeping forgot to remove the previous guests leftover food from the mini-fridge which was a little gross. The hotel also has a sports bar with bowling alley and a tasting room inside a cave beneath the vineyard. You can also walk through the vineyard. If I stay here again I would request the main building as it overlooks both the pool and vineyard. Also, the location is about 10 minutes south of Napa so not ideal but not really a hindrance.
2 night romance trip Sep 1, 2014
Jonathan
"Beautiful resort not far away..."
I was a little disappointed with the hotel staff and a few other small things, but otherwise this was a fantastic hotel. The staff just weren't friendly...almost as if I was bothering them with any question I had. Food at the bar in the hotel lobby was terrible, but the grounds/spa/vineyard are beautiful, room was clean for the most part (other than the 5 used toothpicks I found scattered about) and comfortable. It would have been nice to know when we checked in that the wine and water in the room were complimentary - we didn't find that out until we were checking out and about to catch a flight...
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
Virginia
"A delightful get-away"
Napa is easy to navigate, and even though the Meritage is at the southern end of the area, we had no difficulty getting to the wineries and restaurants from this property. Conceriege gave us good recommendations. My friends enjoyed the spa services.
3 night trip with friends Aug 27, 2014
MKelly
"amazing"
I cannot say enough about this place it was amazing
2 night trip Aug 18, 2014
Janee
"Cute little couples spot"
This hotel is out of the way and near Napa but off the beaten path. Rooms are small but cute. Not a place for kids but great for couples.
2 night business trip Aug 18, 2014
Ca
"Great views and service pool needs more seating."
The only complaint I have is regarding pool area. First, there was a lack of lounge chairs for people at the adult pool. I think the resort could reorganize a bit to fix this and still avoid over crowding. I gave seen it done nicely at other resorts. Second, there was a group of people in there 20s/39s playing around in the adult pool area. They were Jumping in, splashing, sitting on shoulders, throwing balls, etc. Other adults were clearly annoyed by them and nothing was ever done about it.
2 night trip Aug 10, 2014
Danielle
"Great safe choice"
This was our first Napa trip so the Meritage was a great safe bet for us. The resort has most of the amenities one would want. Rooms were nice, clean and up to date. The staff was extremely friendly, curtious and helpful. We enjoyed the tasting room. We were forced to cut our trip short so we did not get to experience all the Meritage's amenities such as Crush ultra lounge or the spa. We only experienced one dinner at Siena, the resorts primary restaurant and found the meal to be good but a bit pricey. Negatives though these could be positives depending on personal preference, would be the location. The resort sits on the south edge of Napa which lacks in the character and charm department. Not to mention the neighborhood is a business park. However it does make for quick access to Napa's amenities and to surrounding airports. We would recommend the Meritage to others not wishing to risk a smaller boutique hotel or this who wish to not stay at one of the everyday chain hotels.
4 night trip Aug 10, 2014
Trevor
"Great Location! Great Hotel!"
It was a great experience and would certainly recommend this hotel to others. We had an awesome time!
3 night family trip Aug 11, 2014
Binoy Alvares
"10 Year Anniversary"
We recently returned from a mini-break for our 10 year anniversary which we spent at The Meritage. The resort is lovely but we did have some minor complaints. It took ages to get checked in as there were not enough staff at the desk. Once we did make it to the head of the line they were most accommodating. When we asked for recommendations from the concierge the woman was a bit snarky and not very helpful. The pool was grand and very clean. But some of the other guests were not as civilized as we'd hoped, especially for such a resort. The parking attendants and assistants were most excellent and always there to assist. I would return to The Meritage but perhaps not during such a touristy period.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014