All hotels in Wasilla, Alaska, United States of America
2900 E Parks Hwy, Wasilla, AK, 99654, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice Brief stay"
Stayed one night on our way up to Denali. It was a nice clean hotel. The driveway/turn off too get to the hotel is a bit odd. The women at the front desk when we checked in was very helpful and friendly.
Other trip Jul 11, 2013
"Grand view for sure"
Helpful staff and clean rooms. The driveway snuck up on us but we found it easily the second time around.
2 night family trip Jun 28, 2013
Honie Culley
"ask for a room on the third floor"
Pleasant area to stay in, but the noise from the bar in the basement made it hard to sleep; we finally called to complain just before midnight, and they toned it down.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2013
couple in their 60s
"Good Hotel"
Good basic hotel. Much better value than the hotels closer to Anchorage. It was clean and what you would expect from a basic hotel. No breakfast, but there are plenty of restaurants near by.
1 night trip Jun 24, 2013
"Rooms OK but Service and Internet NO"
One of the staff members who worked regularly at the hotel during the five days I stayed there was completely uninterested in doing her job. Every time I would see her she was looking at Facebook. One evening around dinner time I came back to the hotel and she was brushing her teeth at the front counter. She spent the whole time while helping me with her tooth brush in hand and mouth. The Wi-Fi internet as they don't advertise right away works only in the lobby and sometimes in a room. When I spoke with someone about it at the counter they are aware and just tell everyone to use the lobby. They advertise they have internet but don't make it clear you can't access it in the room. The person I spoke to at the desk about this did not seem to care at all that this was an issue for a business person who would like to work at night. I politely asked her to tell someone about the complaint. She responded by telling me that she won't bother because they have already been told and it won't change. I responded to her by informing her that if they don't care then I won't care to stay there the next time I'm in town. She didn't care at all.
Other trip May 31, 2013
Jon
"Wouldnt recommend"
Noisy neighbors, shower didnt work. Coffee pot had left over coffee from last tenant. Bed rock solid. Place is almost impossible to get to unless you live there and know the secret back road.
1 night business trip May 25, 2013
"Friendly Staff"
Friendly staff and large clean rooms. Only complaint was noise from windows during storm and from other guests in hallway. Not 5 star, but will stay there again on another trip.
3 night trip Apr 25, 2013
"Beautiful Views from room"
The hotel was in a safe feeling location, was clean, and the views were beautiful from our hotel window. They have observation decks on each floor that are perfect for taking coffee/kids out to sit. The downside was the coffee was weak and I had to go all the way down to the lobby for a channel guide (why not leave one in the room?). Overall, I would stay again and would recommend highly to travellers. They do NOT offer continental breakfast (very convenient for us with toddlers) but they are close to several eateries. Online rates were inline with the rest of Alaska.
1 night trip Apr 21, 2013
Vanessa
"Horrible!"
Horrible service rooms were dirty front desk was very rude and unhelpful. There is a bar in te hotel so expect loud and rude drunks.
Other trip Apr 17, 2013
"Great hotel for a family w/a dog"
Great View of the mountains - love that they do accept pets. Seemed very family friendly. Fridge and Microwave was nice to have for a weekend stay with small children.
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
MJ
Everything was great except the bed was uncomfortable and the walls are paper thin.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2013
"Great View"
View from the room was great. Distant mountains and views of the ocean inlet are impressive. Room is a good standard 2 Star. Contractor obviously built on the cheap as you hear any cough or voices from adjoining room. My room was next to the elevator so I also heard the hydraulic noise whenever it was in use. Wasilla does not have many other choices for hotels and this is certainty adequate.
Other trip Mar 31, 2013
Jerry
"Bowling trip."
Had a nice stay. Bar had a nice decor. Rooms where nice size.
Other trip Mar 25, 2013
"Room"
Just wanted to say the room was cold the heat was turned off. Also the hallways was exstreamly noisy. Which made the room noisy not enought sound proff. For the amount of money spent on this room. I was very unhappy of the noise levels. You would think that the staff would turn on the heat to make it Comfortable for the guest. It winter out. Maybe I should of called and asked to have the heat turned on. Didn't think I would have to because it's winter.
1 night business trip Mar 15, 2013
"Ill never stay there again"
Got accused of smoking in our room and were not. Lady at the counter was extremely rude and No hot hot water so couldn't even use jacuzzi tub or take hot shower. Never again for me!
1 night family trip Mar 16, 2013
"Excelent place to stay , Close to everything"
stay here when have sports tournaments , located on main highway with shopping and restaurants nearby On site bar that serves food in hotel with a great Prime Rib on weekends , also a nice Pizza/Pub Eatery just steps away from hotel . Quiet and friendly. Would stay here again
2 night trip Mar 14, 2013
Les Prewett
"Won't stay at again"
This hotel was so noisy and there were clumps of hair left in the corners in the bathroom.
Other trip Mar 16, 2013
We enjoyed our stay, the restraunt had good food and a very nice staff.. Very accomadating to our needs. The noise level was loud till about 11, but after that was quiet the rest of the night, it was karoake nite downstairs.. Overall a nice stay, would go there again..rooms were clean too
1 night trip Mar 8, 2013
Dawn
"Wonderful stay"
Enjoyed my stay. Great staff. Very flexible with late checkout.
Romance trip Mar 6, 2013
"It's okay here."
Just a so so place to stay. We were right next to the elevator and found that every time someone took it up, we heard it. Didn't sleep well, and heater was not very efficient and we were chilly.
Other trip Mar 4, 2013
"nice hotel outside of Anchorage"
This hotel was very clean and comfortable. If you are traveling from Anchorage to Fairbanks, it's the perfect place to stop and rest for the night before driving the long distance back to Fairbanks. While the hotel provides coffee services, there is no breakfast of any type. The location of the hotel is great except that it can be a little difficult to find the access road to the hotel. Would be nice if there were a sign on the highway with directions.
1 night business trip Feb 12, 2013
Cindy A.
Staff was friendly and the hotel was clean. The beds were very hard.
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2012
"As expected for a Wasilla hotel"
Very hard to find the entrance to the parking lot. Staff was helpful, but could have been better. Room was comfortable and the bed was mediocre, but the pillows were horrible - cheap and useless - my rolled up jacket was more comfortable. We would stay again if we had to...but not our first choice.
1 night trip Nov 21, 2012
"great hotel and staff"
Spent 2 nights here while doing some shopping - the staff was very helpful and we had a good time - the only thing that would of made it better is if they had newer beds they were very unconfy - overall everythings was clean and great.
2 night trip Oct 17, 2012
Tonia
great that they allow dogs, however...the walls are pretty thin. makes it difficult when everyone else there has dogs too. in general, it was a decent place.
1 night trip Oct 13, 2012
"Comfortable, Close to all!"
Great!
2 night business trip Sep 5, 2012
Ok, price was up there,no wifi, and 20$ extera for a pet. Was nice and quiet.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2012

Great location, easy to find & probably the cleanest bathroom I've seen in a hotel in a while. The beds left a bit to be desired but overall a good stay with a family friendly atmosphere.
2 night family trip Aug 23, 2013

"Sehr freundliches Personal, grandiose Aussicht."
Wir sind eine Woche in diesem Hotel gewesen und haben uns sehr wohl gefühlt. Ein großes Zimmer mit zwei King Size-Betten war für uns drei Personen gerade richtig. Das Badezimmer ist auch großzügig, die Dusche besser als viele andere, die ich in Hotels erlebt habe. Superweiche, dickflorige Handtücher. Sehr gute Matratzen. Guter Roomservice.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
2 night trip Oct 27, 2012
Other trip Oct 7, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Grand View Inn and Suites

08/06/15 Shannon B Wasilla, Alaska
I've stayed at Grand View Inn & Suites multiple times while in Wasilla. The staff is incredibly friendly and accommodating and I have had nothing but excellent experiences at Grand View. I would recommend staying there.
"No charm, not clean, poor service"
07/29/15 Julie J Palmer, Alaska
In the early AM of June 11 my sister and I checked into this hotel for a couple of hours sleep since this was the hotel nearest the hospital where my father was. First the clerk demanded ID from both of us (that is a danger sign and indicates that they have had problems with room parties). The room that we were sent to looked clean but smelled dirty, like old cigarettes and stale liquor, and the entry way walls were scratched up and dented. We had been at the hospital for 18 hours and badly needed rest so we overlooked all of this. We were only in the room for 10 minutes before receiving a call from the hospital that our father had passed away, so we checked out immediately. The front desk clerk refused to consider even a partial refund. This hotel has the look of a chain, but none of the efficiency and cleanliness, and although privately owned it has none of the charm you would expect. Stay away from it unless you are moving the party to a hotel room when the bars close, because it is definitely that kind of hotel.
"Nice place, pet friendly"
07/13/15 AlaskaVans Anchorage
Have stayed here multiple times. Staff is usually friendly and accommodating. One of the few places in the area that is pet friendly. Would definitely stay again if the need arises. Would also recommend to others if stopping in the Wasilla area.
"Decent Stay"
07/06/15 JocelynBeth Winchester, Virginia, United States
When traveling north to Denali in June, we got caught in the Sockeye Wildfire (road closed) and had to scramble to find a room in Wasilla for the night. Traveling with family, we did not book this hotel, but our family member did. I was a little concerned with the reviews I read on Trip Advisor. Our stay was fine; and I will commend the hotel staff for stepping up, there were a lot of stranded travelers (there was a bus load of kids checking in the same time as us) and it was a stressful situation, I'm sure, trying to take care of everyone wanting a room. One thing I will note: we had to stay in a king room (with a pull out couch) and with a family of 5, we needed a roll away bed. The front desk staff said they would bring one up later, once they saw to all the other stranded travelers, and they did not forget to bring us the extra bed. Great customer service! My other thoughts: 1. Wifi - yes it's free, but yes, the same as the other travelers reported, it's slow or non-existent in the rooms. Hopefully, the management will make this a priority to improve. 2. Noisy restaurant - we stayed on a Sunday night, so the restaurant was not open, hence no noise. I would recommend staying on the far side of the hotel away from the restaurant if you don't like noise, especially Fri or Sat nights. 3. Cleanliness/Appearance - Very clean! The hotel is not new, so there were some very minor bits of repair to be seen. I imagine the property is closer to a full renovation sometime in the future. The room was a little larger than other rooms of this type (nice for a family) with lots of places to put stuff, i.e. shelves etc. 4. Hot water - another traveler reported not having hot water. I made my kids shower in the evening, being concerned over this. But my husband and I did not have any trouble in the morning either. And I'm sure the hotel was full because of the wildfire. So no issues with hot water. 5. Grand View - I think this is just a name for the hotel, and less of a guarantee of an amazing view. 1st and 2nd floors will see mostly parking lot and trees. We were on the 3rd floor so we could see the mountains in the background. Basically, Alaska is a state of grand views, just about anywhere you look! We stayed at the Best Western Lake Lucille the previous night, and we loved the views there, sloping lawn to a lake, a copse of silver birch, with the mountain backdrop. Gorgeous. So despite my concerns, our stay was fine. :)
"Pricey for what you get"
07/03/15 Brittany H Orlando, Florida
I had to get this hotel last minute, and I thought that it was pretty overpriced for what you get. It is a simple, average hotel, mediocre staff, and no breakfast. Way too expensive for what you get!!
"Grand View Hotel"
07/01/15 Jola P Oak Lawn, Illinois
We were travelling with a coach to Denali Park and were stopped by the fire in the forest preserve, we had to go back and overnight somewhere. They found this hotel for us and told us that they can not guarantee what standard we will get. We were really nice surprised with the quality of the room, nice and big, very clean, comfortable beds, big bathroom. Absolutely no complains! I would go back there at my earliest opportunity.
"Only place available and a very pleasant surprise!"
06/30/15 Pam R Glen Rock, Pennsylvania
When we arrived the front desk was dealing with a bus load stranded becasue of the Sockeye Fire. they were still very friendly and helpful. Our room was on the front side and faced the Parks Highway but it was surprisingly quiet. The room with a single King bed and bath was clean, the shower was hot and had excellent pressure. The WiFi worked in the room after logging on downstirs in the lobby, although it was somewhat slow. I found that to be true in most places we stayed. There were lots of places to eat near the hotel and they had a restaurant downstairs too. There was no breakfast but there were lots of places near by including an IHOP.
"Great setting with excellent views"
06/29/15 Terry H Billericay, United Kingdom
We were lucky and had a 3rd floor rear facing room with mountain views. Front facing is a road. The room was large, clean and well ventilated. The hotel restaurant serves enormous portions but no breakfast was available. Rather a shame as everyone appeared to leave half their meals and the infrastrucure should be able to easily manage a breakfast buffet. Overall a good experience but be selective with rooms and floors.
"Stayed due to Wild Fire"
06/24/15 Dianne G Macomb, Michigan
Arrived in Alaska trying to get to Talkeetna but had to stay in Wasilla due to Wild Fire. Room was clean - Front desk was super busy and friendly to us. Price was a bit high but most of Alaska is and we did not have a reservation. It was a Sunday night and hotel was quiet.
"the only place left, but not a nightmare"
06/18/15 ameliathetraveler
Traveled with a tour group, the Sockeye Fire stranded us in Wasilla. This was the only place with enough rooms left, and that should have been the first sign it wasn't going to be a smooth stay. First, the wifi was slow and spotty, even in the lobby where it was "guaranteed". In our room, it didn't even function. Speaking of our room, it was marginally clean. The shower had a water pressure equivalent of trickling and the hot water lasted for about a minute. Beds were mediocre, not bad enough that I woke up mid-sleep but it did take extra time to fall asleep. There were bugs all around the lobby and in the rooms. I killed one mosquito about the size of a knuckle--huge. Additionally, outside, though the view is pretty great, the back area where you can stand to see the view has a dumpster and a broken down trailer surrounding you. To top it all off, we had no continental breakfast. We instead drove to a nearby IHOP. Comparing our original planned lodging (about an hour away) and this...it was pretty disappointing what we missed out on.