All hotels in Wasilla, Alaska, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2900 E Parks Hwy, Wasilla, AK, 99654, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Horrible!"
Horrible service rooms were dirty front desk was very rude and unhelpful. There is a bar in te hotel so expect loud and rude drunks.
Other trip Apr 17, 2013
"Great hotel for a family w/a dog"
Great View of the mountains - love that they do accept pets. Seemed very family friendly. Fridge and Microwave was nice to have for a weekend stay with small children.
Other trip Apr 8, 2013
MJ
Everything was great except the bed was uncomfortable and the walls are paper thin.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2013
"Great View"
View from the room was great. Distant mountains and views of the ocean inlet are impressive. Room is a good standard 2 Star. Contractor obviously built on the cheap as you hear any cough or voices from adjoining room. My room was next to the elevator so I also heard the hydraulic noise whenever it was in use. Wasilla does not have many other choices for hotels and this is certainty adequate.
Other trip Mar 31, 2013
Jerry
"Bowling trip."
Had a nice stay. Bar had a nice decor. Rooms where nice size.
Other trip Mar 25, 2013
"Room"
Just wanted to say the room was cold the heat was turned off. Also the hallways was exstreamly noisy. Which made the room noisy not enought sound proff. For the amount of money spent on this room. I was very unhappy of the noise levels. You would think that the staff would turn on the heat to make it Comfortable for the guest. It winter out. Maybe I should of called and asked to have the heat turned on. Didn't think I would have to because it's winter.
1 night business trip Mar 15, 2013
"Ill never stay there again"
Got accused of smoking in our room and were not. Lady at the counter was extremely rude and No hot hot water so couldn't even use jacuzzi tub or take hot shower. Never again for me!
1 night family trip Mar 16, 2013
"Excelent place to stay , Close to everything"
stay here when have sports tournaments , located on main highway with shopping and restaurants nearby On site bar that serves food in hotel with a great Prime Rib on weekends , also a nice Pizza/Pub Eatery just steps away from hotel . Quiet and friendly. Would stay here again
2 night trip Mar 14, 2013
Les Prewett
"Won't stay at again"
This hotel was so noisy and there were clumps of hair left in the corners in the bathroom.
Other trip Mar 16, 2013
We enjoyed our stay, the restraunt had good food and a very nice staff.. Very accomadating to our needs. The noise level was loud till about 11, but after that was quiet the rest of the night, it was karoake nite downstairs.. Overall a nice stay, would go there again..rooms were clean too
1 night trip Mar 8, 2013
Dawn
"Wonderful stay"
Enjoyed my stay. Great staff. Very flexible with late checkout.
Romance trip Mar 6, 2013
"It's okay here."
Just a so so place to stay. We were right next to the elevator and found that every time someone took it up, we heard it. Didn't sleep well, and heater was not very efficient and we were chilly.
Other trip Mar 4, 2013
"nice hotel outside of Anchorage"
This hotel was very clean and comfortable. If you are traveling from Anchorage to Fairbanks, it's the perfect place to stop and rest for the night before driving the long distance back to Fairbanks. While the hotel provides coffee services, there is no breakfast of any type. The location of the hotel is great except that it can be a little difficult to find the access road to the hotel. Would be nice if there were a sign on the highway with directions.
1 night business trip Feb 12, 2013
Cindy A.
Staff was friendly and the hotel was clean. The beds were very hard.
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2012
"As expected for a Wasilla hotel"
Very hard to find the entrance to the parking lot. Staff was helpful, but could have been better. Room was comfortable and the bed was mediocre, but the pillows were horrible - cheap and useless - my rolled up jacket was more comfortable. We would stay again if we had to...but not our first choice.
1 night trip Nov 21, 2012
"great hotel and staff"
Spent 2 nights here while doing some shopping - the staff was very helpful and we had a good time - the only thing that would of made it better is if they had newer beds they were very unconfy - overall everythings was clean and great.
2 night trip Oct 17, 2012
Tonia
great that they allow dogs, however...the walls are pretty thin. makes it difficult when everyone else there has dogs too. in general, it was a decent place.
1 night trip Oct 13, 2012
"Comfortable, Close to all!"
Great!
2 night business trip Sep 5, 2012
Ok, price was up there,no wifi, and 20$ extera for a pet. Was nice and quiet.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2012
"Convenient but hard to access from the south."
Overall, we were satisfied with the staff the cleanliness of the hotel and our room, and would have rated our stay higher but for one thing: we paid for our room in advance and did not purchase anything while we were there. Still, the next day our online credit card statement showed we were charged $50.00 for something we did not buy. When we called the hotel, the clerk said we would have to call back Monday and speak to the manager (Sandy), which we will do.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2012
Sherry
"Dirty hotel"
When we arrived the put side was cute. In the lobby was also nice and clean but once in the room it was very dirty the clean remote was not so clean it had something all over it. Needless to say this was the worst room I've stayed in. The beds only had two very flat pillows and forget about taking a shower the towels looked very used no longer worth drying off along with fighting with the faucet to pull down the knob to get the shower to work. Overall I would never stay at this hotel again I'd rather take my chances and continue to drive.
Other trip Aug 3, 2012
"Easy to find, easy to get to."
Room clean and adequate. Not much for a view, Location fine. Staff helpful. I give a higher rating than the 3.4 listed. Remember, this is Alaska.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2012

Great location, easy to find & probably the cleanest bathroom I've seen in a hotel in a while. The beds left a bit to be desired but overall a good stay with a family friendly atmosphere.
2 night family trip Aug 23, 2013

"Sehr freundliches Personal, grandiose Aussicht."
Wir sind eine Woche in diesem Hotel gewesen und haben uns sehr wohl gefühlt. Ein großes Zimmer mit zwei King Size-Betten war für uns drei Personen gerade richtig. Das Badezimmer ist auch großzügig, die Dusche besser als viele andere, die ich in Hotels erlebt habe. Superweiche, dickflorige Handtücher. Sehr gute Matratzen. Guter Roomservice.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
2 night trip Oct 27, 2012
Other trip Oct 7, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Grand View Inn and Suites

"Stayed due to Wild Fire"
06/24/15 Dianne G Macomb, Michigan
Arrived in Alaska trying to get to Talkeetna but had to stay in Wasilla due to Wild Fire. Room was clean - Front desk was super busy and friendly to us. Price was a bit high but most of Alaska is and we did not have a reservation. It was a Sunday night and hotel was quiet.
"the only place left, but not a nightmare"
06/18/15 ameliathetraveler
Traveled with a tour group, the Sockeye Fire stranded us in Wasilla. This was the only place with enough rooms left, and that should have been the first sign it wasn't going to be a smooth stay. First, the wifi was slow and spotty, even in the lobby where it was "guaranteed". In our room, it didn't even function. Speaking of our room, it was marginally clean. The shower had a water pressure equivalent of trickling and the hot water lasted for about a minute. Beds were mediocre, not bad enough that I woke up mid-sleep but it did take extra time to fall asleep. There were bugs all around the lobby and in the rooms. I killed one mosquito about the size of a knuckle--huge. Additionally, outside, though the view is pretty great, the back area where you can stand to see the view has a dumpster and a broken down trailer surrounding you. To top it all off, we had no continental breakfast. We instead drove to a nearby IHOP. Comparing our original planned lodging (about an hour away) and this...it was pretty disappointing what we missed out on.
"stunned."
06/15/15 kaublue Alaska
I didn't get to stay here because in the midst of massive fire that closed the highway and left me unable to travel home, the front desk lady told she wouldn't let me stay in the rooms they had available with my under age 18 children. She told me to go find a shelter...20 miles away at 11pm. Unbelievable.
"Sadly disappointed"
06/13/15 Peruloveaffair Vancouver Canada
For the price this is very disappointing, no wifi in rooms I had to conduct business in the lobby or RENT an ethernet cord. No continental breakfast. It may be 2.5 stars but it will never be rebooked.
05/28/15 sd2262013 Wasilla, Alaska
I had a great stay! The staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel was nice and clean. They have a restaurant bar downstairs! Great food! Great beer choices!! Thanks Grand View Inn and Suites! I will be back!!
"Amazing"
05/18/15 Donna2528 South West England, United Kingdom
The Staff at the hotel are very helpful and friendly, they go out of their way to make you feel welcome they helped us so much words can not express how thankful Ray and I where. The room was very clean restocked everyday all the staff were so helpful and they had connections with Locals the Pizza house close by which had an amazing server called Jason, who is a credit to the company and they also told us about Mr Taxi 9077076011 who has really cheap rates and also do the airport runs into Anchorage they too have amazing staff all the drivers are excellent I would strongly advise people to stay here I know I will be next time I go back to Alaska
"Drugs & NO hot water"
05/02/15 peninsulalocals
Every yr state wrestling is held in Wasilla and we are forced to stay at Grandview as there limited options. This yr was the last and final straw!! 1.) My reservation was screwed up and I was forced to check out of my two night stay take my bags and re-check in later that day! 2.) The entire hotel had NO HOT WATER for showers! 3.) My 7 yr old son found a bag of crystal METH under the bed! The grandview has forever lost our business!
"Lovely views, nice hotel, loud music"
04/16/15 joanwd Chicago, Illinois
I spent three nights here on a business trip and followed reviewer's advice to ask for a room away from the bar. I had a third floor room with a magnificent view of the mountains. It was quiet and clean. Everything was great except that wifi (which I needed for work) was only reliably available in the lobby area - fine in the morning with the sun rising over the mountains. Not so good in the evening when the loud music from the jukebox in the bar made thinking and working impossible in the open lobby area. I still have the refrain of "Friends in low places" running through my head.
"local advice"
02/23/15 Kim T Soldotna, Alaska, United States
I live in AK and frequent the valley due to sports. We stayed here overnight and will probably not stay here again unless it is a last resort. This is a locals hangout with the bar downstairs. Yes, it does boom throughout the building. If you like quiet, this will not work for you. The rooms are clean and modest..........however if you want a hot shower, don't stay here. There was no hot water.........NONE..........not even luke warm!!! This hotel hosts many sports teams from around the state. When the hotel is somewhat full, the hot water tanks cannot keep up. The staff was friendly but only smiled and said, "Sorry" concerning the hot water. That is a deal breaker for me. Beds were fine and room clean.
"Room with a view"
02/01/15 Larry J Liberty, Missouri, United States
very nice staff and hotel, room was clean and had nice view if the sun was up. nice bar and grill in hotel. Restaurant next to hotel and will stay here again.TV needs upgraded small and old. Nice shower pressure.