All hotels in Santorini, Greece
Megalochori, Santorini, Santorini Island, 84700, Greece, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.9
    4.9
"relaxing stay"
The hotel and surrounding town are charming. It was very relaxing and a good location to be based. Next time I would rent a car to drive around the island as it is so small it is easy to drive around Santorini in a day. It is a pity that the pool and jacuzzi were not warm enough, but hopefully they can improve upon that. The staff are more than accommodating and went above and beyond the call of duty, including upgrading my friend and I to nicer rooms. I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends.
4 night trip with friends Sep 18, 2014
ev
"terrible service in a challenging location"
We stayed here for one-night because it was a Starwood property and expected good service. Unfortunately, this was the worst hotel experience of our 3 week trip across Europe. The hotel concierge was unresponsive prior to arrival and failed to arrange our "free" transfer from the Ferry to the hotel, so we were left at the port / terminal without transportation on arrival. The hotel was not in a convenient location and we had other issues with the hotel concierge's complimentary transfer services. The hotel was far from other sites and inconveniently located. The pool was nice, but overall, the hotel concierge was over-worked, not helpful, and unapologetic about a number of basic guest needs. This hotel was understaffed for the number of guests, location, and the price we paid for the room. We left in a hurry and wished we had stayed somewhere else.
1 night romance trip May 22, 2014

"Great service, beautiful hotel, totally relaxing"
The rooms were exactly as advertised and beautifully maintained. Breakfast was perfect with great coffee! All staff were knowledgeable and friendly. They even prepared coffee at 515 in the morning before we had to leave for the airport. Drinks were a little expensive at the pool bar and the music at the pool was a bit strange. Overall it was a wonderful stay and I would definitely go back.
4 night trip with friends Sep 28, 2013
Jess
"An idyllic break - highly recommended."
This is not a main City 5*, but is highly recommended. Located in a lovely quiet village it offers good accommodation in a tranquil setting and in easy reach of other locations/interests. The front desk staff were very helpful and the standards of food and service were high. Our only quibbles were that the main pool was too cold and that the hotel's audio system damaged a CD that was a birthday present to my wife. I reported this, but was disappointed that the hotel did not offer a replacement or compensation. These only slightly marred a thoroughly enjoyable stay.
7 night trip Sep 22, 2013
"Great Stay!"
We stayed at the Vedema for 3 days while travelling trough Greece for our honeymoon. Hotel was very unique and charming, built on a very old winery. The staff was helpful and very friendly. Breakfast was great. Rooms were large and comfortable and very nicely decorated. Not the most convenient location, however the hotel has a great complimentary shuttle service you can take into the town (Fira) or to the private beach.
3 night trip Sep 9, 2012
4 night trip May 19, 2014
1 night trip Jul 24, 2013
3 night trip Sep 21, 2013

3 night romance trip Jul 15, 2015
MX

TripAdvisor reviews for Vedema, a Luxury Collection Resort, Santorini

"If I ever have the good fortune to visit Santorini again, this is where I would stay again :-) "
08/27/15 shahrzad d tehran
It was simply fantastic! The surrounding is beautiful and the hotel itself is enchanting and gorgeous. Staff is very nice and friendly, Pavros (at the front desk) is especially sweet! Vedema is highly recommended. Outstanding!
"Breathtaking property with idyllic setting in Santorini"
08/26/15 Kristen M Washington
We arrived at this picturesque location on foot, walking through the quaint village to reach the front entrance. Our first impression couldn't have been better. The beauty of the property takes your breath away, from the lava rock walkways to the white washed buildings. All you could hope for in Santorini. We arrived after a stay in Athens, and couldn't have been more pleased with our choice. We were fortunate enough to be placed in a two bedroom suite for our family of four with a seating area and two bathrooms. No amenity or need was left to chance. The staff was friendly, and the pool and bar areas, especially after sunset were unmatched. Although we didn't dine on property, we did visit them, and we were very impressed with the architectural detail and layout. Truly a gem of a property that will provide you with fond memories for a lifetime. A must visit for certain when on the island. Great jumping off point for the key towns of interest, but peaceful when you are relaxing and not overrun with tourists at the end of the day.
"Ended up here by accident and they were amazing!"
08/22/15 Rachel A Pittsburgh, United States
My husband and I had a very late/early ferry (3am) and had planned to muscle through. This didn't work out so well, unsurprisingly! Around 2pm, we found ourselves fading from jetlag and I was having some asthma problems from the heat and dust. So, while sitting on a tour bus, we poked around on my phone a bit and found that we could get a room here with points and decided to just get it and hang out until 2am. Amazingly, the next stop on the tour was Megalahori so, we just dipped down an alley and found the hotel. They immediately got me into AC with some lemonade and got us set up with a room and a lovely fruit basket. They offered the services of a pharmacist and were very understanding, but luckily I recovered quickly in the AC. They even sent a driver over to Fira, where our previous hotel was, to pick up our luggage. Who does that? Although we didn't spend much time there, the impression we got is that this is a place that goes the extra mile every time.
"Great hotel in awesome village!"
08/22/15 Alison R
Would definitely recommend this hotel. Staff are great, and character and charm is remarkable! Great pool, whirlpool, and many of the suites have private hot tubs. We didn't eat on the property, but the ambiance of the restaurants are nice. The village is spectacular and lots of great little shops and places to eat. Bus from hotel is easy to navigate. About 20-25 minutes to Fira, and about 45-50 to Oia.
"Luxury in a village"
08/20/15 vivthetraveller London, United Kingdom
This is a comfortable hotel, the large pool is warm (and I'm really fussy), the suite we were given was light airey and a small private terrace. We really liked this hotel, the manager could not have been more helpful and told us where to go. It is in a great location to explore from but you need your own transport. Restaurant food was disappointing for the cost. The housekeeping could be improved. But overall a great experience
"Beautiful atmosphere, friendly staff, great service"
08/17/15 Jordanyaeger
My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights with our 10 month old son, and we were extremely happy with our stay. The concierge met with us the first day and helped us set up all of our activities to keep us busy during our stay, and was very thorough and helpful. The room was gorgeous, with a small porch that had a hot tub. The pool was small, but the water was perfect. They also had a separate, quieter hot tub area that we didn't get a chance to use, but it looked very nice. The service was great, and all of the staff was amazing. The food was delicious, including the buffet breakfast every morning that was included. Everyone was always extremely nice and helpful, and were great with our son. They even carried him around the restaurant at one point so my wife and I could finish our meal! The atmosphere really was beautiful. It was also a very short walk (5 minutes or so) from a small town with a few shops and restaurants, which had great food as well. The only negative things that I can think of is that it is not right on the beach, nor does it have the cliff side views that some places in Santorini have. There is a shuttle that takes you right to a private beach, but it was a bit late at times and left us waiting by the road for a little while longer than we had expected, which is a bit more annoying when there is an impatient 10 month old in the picture. It is also a short drive from the larger towns of Fira and Oia, and the red sand beach, which are really the 3 places that I would recommend visiting if you ever make it to Santorini. The concierge helped us rent a car, which was dropped off for us right at the hotel, and we took the short drive to all of these places. All in all, I would highly recommend this place for a quieter, smaller budget trip, but if money is no object and/or you're looking for a lively night life, maybe look into some hotels in the cities of Oia or Fira.
"Worst experience ever! Stay away!!"
08/12/15 viphotels Palm Beach, Odessa, Ukraine, Nice, France
This was the worst hotel ever! The rooms were not very clean, and also not safe! Got electrocuted because of a bad plug and the hotel did not want to provide any help even in taking me to the hospital or covering any medical expenses. Absolute disaster, stay away from here! This aside, service was slacking.
"Staff was friendly, however lodging was in poor condition"
08/10/15 mamaTofBayside NYC
This was my first time in Santorini. The hotel could have been more charming. It was quite quaint at first glance. Everyone had individual villas and it wasn't a traditional high rise hotel. However, the rooms were lacking a modern upgrade. I had connecting rooms and both shower stalls had a stench coming from the drain. We had to keep the shower door closed to keep the stench inside. The walkways all around the property were all paved with different shape and sized stones that was a challenge to walk on. It was especially difficult to wear nice shoes, heels, or even thin sandals without the stones jabbing into your feet. The safest shoes to wear around the property are sneakers! There are no curtains in the room windows, just shutters. This resulted in a major privacy issue. If your room was located on main paths, or near the helicopter port, you would have to keep the shutters closed to have privacy, otherwise everyone would see your business. I am in beautiful Santorini, the last thing I wanted to do was to close my shutters. Vedema was definitely not a "luxury hotel" by any definition. The staff was gracious, the pool was clean and the breakfast was very good. Unfortunately, I would not stay at Vedema again, when I return to Santorini.
"Very Romantic Atmosphere"
08/09/15 Caglar C Istanbul, Turkey
It is a nice hotel with kind and helpful staff who tries to make you feel special. With its special vine its restaurants are very good. The hotel has a shuttle service to its private beach. The rooms are perfect. We recommend Aegean Suite. Good choice for couples
08/08/15 Susyabbo Hollywood, Florida
Not sure I understand the location of this hotel. The hotel is nice ( a bit overpriced ) service is good but the best of Santorini ( the views of the caldera) are nowhere to be seen from here. Our suite was well appointed (although safe did not work, AC was not great and Internet connection,apparently across the island, was really bad). The area of Megalochori is quiet but far from Oia (40 minutes) and about 15 from Fira. Transportation to Fira a few times a day is a nice touch but coming back on your own is not that simple.