All hotels in La Marque, Texas, United States of America
5201 Gulf Freeway (I-45 S, exit 13), Near Mall of the Mainland, La Marque, TX, 77568, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.9
    2.5
"Hotel smelly and I had to go buy Glade and candles"
This was one of 4 hotels I stayed at during my travels over a 5 day trip and it was the worst. I wouldn't stay here again. From outside it looks unkempt, over grown and almost abandoned. The hotel STINKS which filters into non-smoking rooms. The room itself was comfortable enough but, soaps etc ... poor quality. Staff was nice and helpful but, rates were a little too high for the quality.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2013
JJ
Grass was tall as sidewalk .. Didn't clean our room or bring fresh towels part of stay ...
4 night family trip Jul 31, 2013
Darla
"Overall great stay"
Good value. Not the greatest beds but still good enough. Sheets were clean.. No pubs... ac was good and cold.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"front desk"
People there doesn't recognize deaf people. When I asked for paper n pen to write they still keep talking. Had to get down to asking if they do not know signs n I do not lipread. What can we do to communicate? WRITE! Jackie was nice enough to write and assisted me
2 night trip Jul 26, 2013
judy
It was ok. Front desk ladies very nice.
1 night trip with friends Jul 27, 2013
Eduardo
"Ehhhhhh..."
Location was decent to Galveston Island, but the rooms need repairs badly. While they're spacious and come with fridge, microwave, etc, they need to fix the walls, tile, etc. Beds were comfortable, but overall not worth $100/night
2 night family trip Jul 26, 2013
"Nice hotel, closest to the beach & love the pool"
The people at front very profesional and the crew too.
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
fidelo
Outside grounds were not maintained. Stairwell was filthy with trash and needed to be wash down and cleaned. Continental breakfast was not good at all.
2 night trip Jul 12, 2013
"We will stay here again!"
The staff is great! They were all very friendly and helpful! I didnt expect housekeeping to come everyday but they did! It was nice to come home from the beach to a fresh made bed!
2 night trip Jul 12, 2013
Syndii
"Short trip only"
The hotel needs to be updated. Decor and bedding is very cheap and not comfortable. Bring your own pillows. Felt secure with all the cameras and video around the hotel.
2 night family trip Jun 21, 2013
Brandon
it was a really good hotel but they took too long to clean up our rooms and the lady that clean the rooms was really rude
2 night family trip Jul 4, 2013
"Just off the highway"
We chose this hotel because it was available as a last minute holiday weekend reservation that was not prices astronomically. While I would opt to be IN Galveston for our next trip to the area, this location was only 15 minutes away from Pleasure Pier by car.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2013
"Not clean at all."
For the dollar amount it was not worth the stay. First off, when you first pull in to the property it is clear that the grounds are not maintained (high grass and trash in parking lot and walkways). Inside was about the same, did not smell clean and cleaning staff does not do a good job of cleaning rooms. My wife and I had to clean the toilet, sink, and bath tub with disinfecting wipes we had in our truck- there were hairs and stains left from previous guests. We will not stay ar another America's Best Value Inn.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2013
"Eye sore but comfortable."
My stay at the hotel was a confortable one and despite a busy weekend, they were able to accommodate me. However, the hotel could use some renovation, on the building and especially the parking lot. Furniture in the room has seen better days and the TVs really should join the modern age.
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2013
"two day stay"
room was good, but did not have enough towels both days, some difficulties in getting the temp. right.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013
Victor
"Get what you pay for."
Noisy neighbors in next room. Breakfast a disappointment, not enough variety. Broken toilet in one of the three rooms.
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
Pat
"DO NOT STAY HERE"
Poor Service, 30 minutes waiting to check-in. Blood stains on pillow case, 2 towels for 4 people, veneer on bathroom door falling off, bathtub would not drain and no ice bucket in room.
1 night family trip Jun 22, 2013
D Price
"Vacating Father"
Great rates, helpful desk clerks but the grounds around the hotel need better care and the parking is horribble.
Other trip Jul 1, 2013
Cool Carl
"Better than sleeping in the car"
Hotel staff were nice and helpful,but the hotel itself needs some updates and remodeling.The beds were old and worn along with the furnishings,low water pressure and very little hot water in the shower. Not that bad for the price,but I would not have payed more for it.
Other trip Jun 30, 2013
"dirty pool"
the pool was dirty .beds hard as a rock.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2013
terry
"nice stay"
WE enjoyed the room. Clean, quiet,comfortable.Nice stay
Other trip Jun 27, 2013
Leroy
The only thing was that when I woke up to eat breakfast I wanted to get in the pool afterwards & it was locked even though it said it was suppose to b open... But other than that it was awsome :)
1 night family trip Jun 22, 2013
Crystal
"very satisfied"
Everything was great the only disappointment was the swimming pool could be a lil cleaner,
2 night business trip Jun 21, 2013
guadalupe
"Terrible bed."
The bed was horrible and the hair dryer did not work. We tried to phone the front desk to ask for another hair dryer but they did not pick up the phone. We went to the front desk to tell them it was not working and was told someone would come fix it. So we went out for the day with flat hair! When we came in that evening the dryer was still not working. We bought additional pillows to make the bed tolerable for the next night. We will not stay here again.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
Dissatisfied
"you get what you pay for"
Not the cleanest place I've ever stayed. Some shady characters staying in the extended stay part. Terrible mattress. Sheets were stained. Not impressed. Never going back.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2013
It is bad after we check in on Friday and the on Sat the housekeeper was trying to say that our show vacant and it show we never show up.
Family trip Jun 11, 2013
"Don't waste your money."
The hotel is in overall dreadful condition. The landscaping is awful. The rooms are awful. The facilities are awful. The staff was very firnedly, but the environment was terrible. The room next to us was banging on their own door for at least 30 minutes, saying their children were in the room. When we called the front desk we were told their children in the room and I will tell them to hush. Nothing was done about them fighting in the hall way until all hours of the morning. Overall terrible building, environment, facilities.
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
The Staff is great the prices is okay but they should have better food and the non-smoking room should not cost more than the smoking room I was upset that I had no choice but to get the smoking room because I couldn't afford the non smoking room but I am glad that the room was affordable because it took me 4 hours to find a cheep room if I never found this rate I would've never came and I would've missed out on going to me grandmothers funeral
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
"Old hotel"
Musty smell when entering hotel, smokey smelling hallways, pillows as flat as paper - still have the stiff neck three days later...
1 night trip May 31, 2013
"Loved the pool"
After a long day at the beach we came in showered saw the pool from our hotel window. And had to jump in. It was a great stay for us and our eight year old. Had a blast. Wished they had some breakfast stuff. Coffee and dounuts. Not that great. But for the stay it was a blast. Loved it.
2 night trip May 17, 2013
"No hot water in shower"
Odor, holes in walls, towels need replacing, need I continue: It was late and there was a convention in town: under any other circumstances, I would have asked for a refund immediately.
2 night business trip May 7, 2013
Traveller
"weekend trip with old friends galveston"
the Americas value inn is a good value the room was great slept very well had a cool bar there and right there at the dog track and close to Galveston stayed there before and will stay there again soon thanks hotel.com
1 night trip Apr 27, 2013
"not worth it"
The price should be cheaper for what you get. Hotel was smoky and dirty.
1 night family trip Apr 13, 2013
fiona
"average or less"
The hotel was in the right place for a day trip to Galveston to avoid the higher rates of staying in Galveston. The hotel had seen better days: there were many places where not-so-handy patch jobs could be seen. The room was quiet but had a musty smell. The breakfast was minimal. The staff was nice and efficient. This room sufficed for a place to lay your head
1 night trip Apr 13, 2013
"Americas Best Value Inn review"
I will never stay at this hotel.
1 night trip Apr 6, 2013
"condition of the hotel."
Absolutely surprised AND not satisfied at all.!st room we entered smelled like someone had been smoking in it and the cabinet that housed the T.V. one of the doors was about to fall off. We requested another room on the 2nd floor that was better.The toilet when flushed had a tendency to run constantly(had to shake the commode handle to get it to stop). The pool area was a HOT mess. The pool itself needed to be clean as well as some of the patio awenings had blown over into the pool. The hot tub was not available due to some type of upgrade repair. The continental breakfast offered never had any fresh fruit,yogurt possible waffle machine. Only had mainly starches carbohydrates i.e. biscuits/gravy,breads,bagels.donuts,instant grits.cereal coffee. I am a Type 2 Diabetic.We stayed at the hotel from 4/5/13-4/8/13. No iron or ironing board in the rooms. I thought most hotels offered this. I guess I thought wrong. We were not satisfied AT all and for the price we paid I feel this is not acceptable. The parking lot itself the spaces need to be re stripped as well as repaving. I hope my comments WILL be taken into consideration. I'm sure you will opt to not send a response. we stayed at this very hotel approximately 3-4 years ago and the stay as well as the condition of the hotel was much better.
3 night trip Apr 5, 2013
moved the bed away from the wall to make room for a roll away for our son. Dirt and trash everywhere under the bed. Front desk clerk was rude when trying to ask how to connect to the wi-fi. Not impressed at all. Will not return.
2 night trip Apr 5, 2013
"Rude people"
The ladies at the front desk are rude and not friendly. The room smelled and the bed was very uncomfortable.
Family trip Mar 17, 2013
"wasnt bad"
overall the hotel was nice. did see one little roach. but other then that it was a nice hotel for the money and the breakfast was good too.
1 night family trip Mar 14, 2013
"Poor"
No hot spa as it was showed on the web. No kitchen stove as it was showed on the web, it's not a suite. Hot water is slow and hard to adjust, they need to install new facuet for shower. Half size pillow, about an inch thick after you slept on it, which will hurt your neck after one night. They even stuck two broken pillows in one and pass it to you, just like two sponge balls in a bag, no way to straight it on your bed. I am not rich, but is America that poor? This is the worse room that I ever have for this kind of price. I will believe all bad comments from now on.
2 night family trip Mar 9, 2013
Margaret
"Terrible hotel to stay"
Old, beds uncomfortable, pillows uncomfortable. Only two towels allowed for four staying in a room. Coffee maker didn't work. Service was horrible and the rooms smelled nasty.
Other trip Mar 11, 2013
"NOT FAR FROM GALVESTON"
WE ENJOYED OUR STAY. WE WERE ABLE TO RELAX AND UNWIND. WOULD DEFINITELY CONSIDER STAYING AGAIN.
2 night family trip Feb 16, 2013
JEAN H.
"Close to sites and affordable"
I felt comfortable during my stay.
1 night trip Feb 16, 2013
Mimi
"Great Value"
For never staying here before, I was expecting a run down, low service based on previous reviews. However, once I was there, I was pleasantly surprised. The front desk staff was incredibly courteous and informed me of the amenities of the hotel such as bar, pool, karaoke, breakfast, etc. The room was clean and comfortable, except the beds were a little hard. The hotel was easy to find; it was directly off the main highway. For the price I paid, I was very happy with the room and service as it was a great value. I would stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Feb 9, 2013
Jill V
"Mardi gras stay"
Me and a few friends stayed the night here for Mardi gras last weekend. When we arrived the lady at the front desk was very friendly and more than helpful with directions to where we needed to go.
1 night trip with friends Feb 9, 2013
Erica
Not bad compared to other cheap hotels that you just want to book to lay your head. Walls VERY thin. Could hear everything from the rooms next to us.
1 night trip Feb 2, 2013
Very accomadating
1 night trip Jan 19, 2013
"Will not stay in Americas Best Value Inns again"
The room was dirty. Dirty carpet, bathroom and just dirty overall. No hot water to sink. Extremely low water pressure in the shower. Rusty nail sticking out of wall in the shower. This was my 2nd experience in staying at America's Best Value Inn. The other time was in Huntsville, Tx. I was not happy with that place, either. Forgot that I stayed in this chain when I made the reservation in LaMarque, Tx. I am not picky. Just want a simple, clean room.
2 night trip Dec 23, 2012
"Good customer service but uncomfortable stay"
Heater didn't work. If turned on to circulate air, it was very loud with constant cycling on and off. Breakfast wasn't as described - was told there was a waffle breakfast. There were no waffles, and it was just stale pastries. As mentioned, towels and pillows were super old. Felt like place was clean and play to sleep, but very uncomfortable and not worth the price.
1 night trip Nov 17, 2012
"Lonestar Motorcycle Rally"
Very comfortable place to stay. Hotel staff was great. Convienient to Galveston. Will stay there in the future.
2 night trip with friends Nov 2, 2012