All hotels in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States of America
901 Timberline Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL, 32830, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Wilderness Lodge"
We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge from 12/10-12/14/14. It was our son's first trip to Disney, so we wanted to be close to the Magic Kingdom. The boat ride to Magic Kingdom, and the bus transportation made getting around to the other parks very easy. The hotel lobby is spectacular. The rooms are a little dated, but we stayed at the Grand Floridian a few years back, and felt the same way about the rooms there. In comparison to the Polynesian, which at this point should be completely torn down and rebuilt, and the Contemporary, which has rundown buildings that were once hotel rooms still in view from the monorail, the Wilderness Lodge seems like the only choice for what Disney considers a luxury hotel. The discount of 30% made the room slightly more reasonable at around $300/night. Having stayed at other luxury hotels such as the Breakers in West Palm Beach, and The Ritz Carlton in Aruba, you have to take the Disney resorts for what they are. This is a family friendly location with easy access to the parks, and our son loved it.
4 night family trip Dec 10, 2014
Gina
"Going to Magic Kingdom & want the best value?"
Visited Disney World for 3 days & stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. Great hotel & service. Short boat ride to Magic Kingdom. Great onsite dining with Artist's Point. Awesome.
3 night family trip Dec 7, 2014
Simon
Great stay! Hotel was clean, staff was friendly and was enjoyable. Only downside was the food. Other than breakfast, not so good!
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
amy
We've stayed in most Disney resorts and Wildernes Lodge is one of my favorites. It's a comfortable but yet upscaly resort. The theme is great. I was disappointed that the pool area was still under construction, where it said it would be completed by the time we arrived, work was going on all the time. But our breakfast experience with my granddaughters first birthday start of celebration was great.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
Overall hotel was great. Luggage from Magical Express was very late to arrive.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
"Under Construction"
I just got back from Disney and we stayed at Saratoga Springs and it was spacious and bright and I loved it . Then we transferred to Wilderness Lodge for our last night and I was so thankful I wasn't there the whole week. The main pool was under construction which was so disappointing and there was no Christmas decorations up yet (but there was at EVERY other place in Disney) One of the reasons I wanted to stay there was because I heard it is gorgeous all decorated. :( The beach and the playground was also closed for construction except for one tiny strip of beach. The room was very small and dark and kind of depressing to me. They sent us up the wrong luggage when we got there. I would have been really upset if I booked my whole week there honestly. On a positive note the staff was fantastic and our daughter had a blast at the Cub's Den for an hour and they sent her back with a goodie bag with a ton of cute stuff...she was super excited about it. The breakfast at the Whispering Canyon was great too. (although they do a parade around the restaurant with wooden horses for the kids to pretend to ride and they didn't have enough for all the kids so my daughter didn't get one and she was bummed out). The main part of the lodge is very homey and pretty...I liked that. The hotel would probably be great without all the construction I just wish I knew it was going on before I booked it. I also was disappointed in the room after staying at Saratoga.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Extremely conveient to Magic Kingdom"
We stayed while the pool was being refinished, but despite that it was a very nice stay. The interior areas are impressive and "lodgy," as one might expect, while the rooms are well-appointed and cozy. The Roaring Fork quick service restaurant is great for fast morning or late evening meals, and the Whispering Canyon Cafe is a must-do for families with younger children!
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
"This is not a Deluxe Resort"
The Wilderness Lodge is supposed to be one of Disney's "deluxe" resorts, on par with The Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian Village, et al. After staying there I found the Wilderness Lodge to be more like Disney's Coronado Springs resort. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but you're not paying Coronado Springs prices to stay at the Wilderness Lodge. The Wilderness Lodge looks beautiful at first glance; the exterior is well manicured and the lobby is expansive. When we got to our room, however, the sheen wore off quickly. The finishes are well worn. It looks like the rooms haven't been updated in ages. The bathroom is also dimly lit. If you drop anything on the floor, you're going to need a flashlight to find it. If you're expecting to find luxury at this property, go somewhere else.
"Best resort to stay at."
If you're into nature walks, seeing deer on the grounds, taking a boat ride to the Magic Kingdom then this place is for you. All is here at the Wilderness Lodge. Great food at Artist Point with an amazing staff to serve you.
"Nice hotel, convenient to Magic Kingdom"
This hotel is nice and convenient to the Magic Kingdom. The lobby is impressive. Unfortunately the main pool was closed during our stay. The rooms are small (especially for the price), but, clean and adequately furnished. The restaurants are over priced (to be expected at Disney) and dining options are limited. The staff was pleasant.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
"Beds hard as a rock!"
I left having back pain after sleeping on the beds. They are hard as a rock. The food isn't great and very over priced.
2 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
Matthew
"Needs upgrade"
Hotel under construction. So it was more noisy & crowded than expected the beds are squeeky & mattresses are getting old & worn out.
3 night family trip Oct 26, 2014
Beth
"Good location, nice staff, beat up rooms"
Love the location and staff but this hotel is beat. Sagging mattress, no pool, bathroom fan did not work, grout missing in tiles. Tired carpets and dark lighting. For the amount of money Disney extracts from you it could be better.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
rick
The bad: bathroon door knob was broken and did not lock. The walls are very thin and you can hear everything in the room next to you. We had to listen to a child yell for 3 hours while we tried to sleep. The good: beds were comfy and clean. Staff was great. Since the pool was down they compt a trip to typhoon lagoon.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
pluto
"Not happy"
Pool not working during a very hot and busy time. If you book through Expedia no one at Disney will help you. Expedia had small link on page with information on page whereas Disney notified all its guests ahead of time to give option to stay or go elsewhere. Bad for business. Left trip early
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"Birthday Vacation"
The experience could not have been better. My Father was celebrating his 85th birthday and I was celebrating my 65th. I would love to stay again! The transporation was easy and fun.
1 night family trip Oct 9, 2014
"Lives up to the Disney Standard"
Really enjoyed the Wilderness Lodge. Quick boat ride to Magic Kingdom. Great service by the employees. 4 options for eating (Room Service, Quick Service place, and 2 restaurants...though I recommend reservations). Our room had a balcony with a wonderful view. Only complaint....which is very minor...was the rooms were for families of 4 plus. But we made it work. Would stay again
2 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
"Nice hotel close to all Disney parks."
This hotel was close to all Disney parks and the bus transportation was timely and we never had to wait long for any rides to/from hotel or parks. The staff was terrific and the food was excellent.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Standard view is not standard"
Our room overlooked the service/ delivery parking lot. Delivery trucks with backup beepers at 6am after you have loud screaming kids in the halls at 11pm. The food in the restaurants is not very good especially condidering it is so overpriced.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
Very convienient for magic kingdom visitors. Hotel room was very nice. Great smell in corridor, very nice pool and surroundings. Airport transport was great. Perfect.
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
"Great to stay in the park"
Great stay nice staff had a great experience considering the hot weather
2 night trip Aug 19, 2014
Rob
"Stay at a Deluxe Resort"
Thw Wilderness Lodge was exceptional and it's a great place to stay on site at WDW The whole atomsphere lends to that Magical experience that only Disney can provide From end to end there was nothing negative I could say about our stay
2 night family trip Aug 20, 2014
Mike Zack
"Comfortable room, small pool"
We visited here at the end of August and while the hotel didn't seem crowded, there were a lot of families with small children. The pool was packed with little ones and really seemed inadaquate in size for the number of kids. Even the quiet pool was filled with little ones. Also our tv was not working when we arrived. We called 3 times over a 7 hour period and finally got someone to come at 11:30 pm. Three days later someone from engineering came to check on our tv to see if it was working. The management did give us a small amount on our bill but we were surprised at the maintenance dept. Otherwise it was nice. The Roaring Fork restaurant was good and very attentive to our special dietary needs. We liked the magic bands.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
"One of the best places to stay at Disney!"
The lodge was a great way to experience Disney. It was very clean, well decorated and the staff could not have been more pleasant. The food was good, and the quick food place (Roaring Springs) was exactly what was needed for a quick breakfast, snack, or dinner if you didn't have time for a full sit down meal. The best attribute of the resort however, is the transportation to/from the park. We went back and forth to Magic Kindom several times a day. We never waited more than 5-10 minutes for the boat, and it is a quick 7 minute boat ride to the park. There are also super convenient busses to the other parks as well. Disney does transportation (and most other things) very well. The pool was also a huge hit with the family. The water slide was a great attraction that meant we had to hit the pool every day we were there, even if it was for only a few minutes we could spare.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Awesome family vacation!"
Vacation with extended family vacation, they were able to give us rooms with adjoining rooms. Beds were very comfortable! Love the resort life!!
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
T
"service great - facility ok"
We were very please with the staff and level of service at the hotel. Hotel.com changed the room type on us. the prices are set to generate Disney lots of $$$ while excluding other choices for food-entertainment on their campus. Visited several other Disney hotels onsite and they we much better.
6 night family trip Aug 4, 2014
"Wilderness Lodge, complementary upgrade to Club Le"
Fabulous hotel, we loved it even more when they upgraded us to the 7th Floor Club level, so who wouldn't be happy. The service was excellent, the food and beverages were plentiful and delicious and our room was large and comfortable. We will stay there again, even if we don't get an upgrade like this one.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
Dianne
"I always enjoy this hotel"
I always have a good feeling staying here. The room service menu is great. Food tastes really good. I just wish the pool stayed open a little bit later. It closed at 11pm.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
"Very close to Magic Kingdom"
Everyone we dealt with from checking in to the concierge helping us with fast passes to the bellmen, were wonderful to deal with. We ate at the Roaring Forks Cafe in the hotel several times and the quantity of the food we got for the price was more than what we were expecting, so it was well worth the price. Our kids also had a great time using the pool and a movie on the beach.
3 night trip Jul 30, 2014
"Phenomenal!"
Everything about the Wilderness Lodge was wonderful from the front desk who went exceedingly out of their way to help in every way possible, to the nice comfortable and quiet room in which we stayed. Very highly recommend!
5 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
"Great Disney hotel"
The Wilderness Lodge was great for my family of 4. With 2 little ones, we wanted to stay close to the Magic Kingdom so that we could easily come back to the hotel for naps or play time in the pool during the hot afternoons. The boat transportation was great for this. We never waited more than 10 minutes for the next boat and the ride usually put my kids to sleep. The only thing that could be improved is the "beach" at the resort as there is no swimming allowed and consequently the beach did not have anyone on it during our entire stay.
3 night family trip Jul 20, 2014
"Great atmosphere. Easy access to parks and resorts"
Family had a wonderful time visiting the parks and relaxing in the lodge.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Wonderful stay. Loved the club level. Friendly staff.
2 night family trip Jul 21, 2014
"Convenient to all parks"
The hotel was great, clean, friendly staff and extremely convenient to all Disney Parks. Transportation to and from all parks back to hotel was efficient and quick. We would definitely stay again!!
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
"Nice Disney Property Hotel, close to Magic Kingdom"
Our family stayed at the Wilderness Lodge in July 2014, we really enjoyed our stay. A couple of things, the walls in the room are very thin so could hear neighbor talking and my other gripe would be that my bed was too soft, the other queen bed in our room was in better condition.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Tommy
Can't beat a Disney hotel when visiting disney world. Beautiful setting. Fun experience.
4 night family trip Jul 8, 2014
"Nice break for the family"
Very nice time. Staff service level is exceptional. Never a wrry at Disney. The Wilderness transportation options were very convenient.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
Bobby
Our boys 11 and 9 spent hours on the waterslide at the pool and made lots of friends.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Great location for WDW."
We stayed on the Club Level and highly recommend it. The snacks and drinks offered throughout the day helped us not spend our time waiting for tables at restaurants. Great hotel and wonderful staff!
Ker
"Awesome Resort"
Awesome place to stay if you have kids! the restaurant area and crew are super friendly and if you have the opportunity ask "for the ketchup" at the restaurant for a surprise!
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
Enoc
"poor value and too many kids"
If you want to over pay for everything and be surrounded be hundreds of screaming kids every waking moment, then Wilderness Lodge (and Disney) is for you. During off peak times I'm sure it would have been a totally different experience for my family but there were just too many out of control kids (and parents) during our stay. My wife and I planned a dinner at the upscale restaurant. The only thing upscale were the prices. Food was good but ambiance was like an upscale Denny's. Price was higher than the 5 star Broadmoor Hotel near our home. Staff was awesome though, but obsessed with safety to the point of ridiculous. Hotel was conveniently located to Disney World but nothing else. This is probably our last Disney visit. ...just don't want to be immersed in Disney marketing 24 hours a day. What does it teach our kids?
2 night family trip Jun 18, 2014
skywat
"Great Service and Excellent Location"
Great hotel for a grandchild trip. A boat ride away from the Magic Kingdom and Fort Wilderness. Nice outdoor area with pool and casual restaurant close by. Excellent "concierge service" to help plan each days activities.
5 night family trip Jun 11, 2014
"Please change the mattresses"
The hotel was lovely the only change needed is new mattresses in the rooms. All four if us found them to be very uncomfortable
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Jen
"Everything was great. The staff were helpful"
Great resort, great staff. Upgraded our room. Nothing negative. Food also good.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Close to Magic Kingdom and all theme parks"
The choice of food in hotel is limited
5 night trip May 30, 2014
"WE had an excellent stay and would do again."
We had an excellent stay. Accommodations were excellent, transportation to and from venues was timely and convenient, and the Magic Kingdom was awesome. I had meeting this morning with 25 business leaders and I was bragging on the Disney Way. Keep it going as have in last 80 years.
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
Billy
"Standard view is not up to standards"
Booked a room with a standard view expecting it to be average. the room was average and everything was expensive. View was completely obstructed, like living in a city apartment. Where was the wilderness? The bill at the Whispering Canyon Cafe was over $200, and this did not include drinks, appetizers or desert. Corking charge for wine to opena $10 bottle of wone was $30. Ouch!
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
Hank
"Service at it's best!!"
You will not go wrong when booking the Wilderness Lodge. It is an amazing hotel with incredible architecture.
Other trip May 24, 2014
"Wilderness lodge"
Beautiful lobby and room, Great detail in the decor with wood totem poles and carvings on the bed posts. Room faced the courtyard and had a great view. Easy transport to the Magic Kingdom by ferry boat or bus.
2 night family trip May 15, 2014
Sandy
"Great place for disney experience"
If you like magic kingdom, this is the place fir you. Great pool. The kids loved it.
Other trip May 10, 2014