All hotels in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States of America
901 Timberline Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL, 32830, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"worth the extra!"
Disney property,-worth the extra money for us! This property is amazing! My daughter and granddaughter and I stayed only three days and just to see the delight on her face when we arrived was fantastic. The quick ride to Magic Kingdom on the boat was terrific. I only wish Disney would have a character or two roaming the property occasionally to make those at the resorts feel extra special for using a Disney property.
2 night family trip Mar 23, 2015
Judy
"Great location to Magic Kingdom"
This was our third stay at Wilderness Lodge. It had been renovated since our last stay with all new flooring, bedding and new tile in the tub/shower area. Although I appreciate the "wilderness/cabin" theme, I wish they would have updated the furniture. The drawers for clothing and the small table and chairs had not been replaced and seemed "tired". But the room was very clean and the staff was great. We were not in our room much - and the location to Magic Kingdom for the price (versus the other MK deluxe resorts) can't be beat!
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Mona
"Loved it!"
We were very happy with Disney's Wilderness Lodge! The common areas are wonderful, large seating area with plenty of comfy couches and chairs, a beautiful fireplace. Very cozy. The grounds of the hotel are very pretty and well taken care of. The pool area was super fun for the kids and had a nice little bar area with great margaritas! The second night we were there they had a big bonfire and s'mores for the kids and then a movie under the stars - very fun and special! The location is great, you can take a ferry over to the Magic Kingdom, it takes about 10 mins to ride over. The rooms are fine; they are simple, kind of small, nothing exciting, but who spends a ton of time in their room on vacation especially at Disney.
2 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
Andrea
"Excellent Place to Stay at Disney World"
Our stay at the Wilderness Lodge was wonderful in every way. The room, grounds, location and service were excellent.
4 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
Joan
"Vacation"
Great place to stay and plan on returning someday!
2 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
Bradley
"Awesome hotel and staff"
Hotel and grounds are beautiful. Lots of amenities, most of which we never got to use because we were at WDW! Love this resort and highly recommend!
5 night family trip Feb 24, 2015
"Disney world and Wilderness Lodge"
We stayed for 8 nights/9 days at the Disney Wilderness Lodge and had a wonderful time! The staff were very polite and helpful. During our down days, we just hung around the resort and there was so much to do! There was swimming, the arcade, great restaurants, the 2.5 mile beautiful trail that led to the Wilderness Camp site area, the beach, s'mores at night, etc. We loved the various transportation options from taking the boat to/from Magical Kingdom, to the all buses to choose from to take us to our desired destination within Disneyworld. The parks did not seem to be that busy during the week we were there. We have stayed at other Disney hotels and have never had the Disney wrist band. It was actually very nice to use it for EVERYTHING in the hotel AND in the parks. Obtaining fast passes on our Disneybands was not difficult and came in handy when there were rides we wanted to make sure we got on. There were some rides that were closed, but we expected some to be closed due to the fact that we were at the parks during the non-peak season. Overall, the experience was one we will remember forever.
8 night family trip Jan 27, 2015
For all you pay, they didn't gave a shower cap. The rooms seemed a little old.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
s
"The best Disney property for the money!"
Stayed 4 nights - 2 days spent at parks. We spent 1 full day just at the lodge and campground - this is why I think this is the best resort on Disney property. We walked the jogging trail, visited the horse stables, went canoeing at the campground, and hung out at the pool and hot tub. There were also movies at night on the beach, although a little too windy for us. Getting to the Magic Kingdom was easy with a short boat ride. Epcot was a little more work since you have to go the the kingdom, then transfer to 2 monorails and both monorails we went on had 'issues' that meant about 45 minutes delay, but luckily we had out fast passes for late morning and so we didn't miss anything.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
Colleen
"Love it!"
Great location & beautiful resort. Boats make it easy to get to magic kingdom.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
karen
"Disney Wilderness Lodge"
The Wilderness Lodge is in such a great location. You can take a boat to the Magic Kingdom and not have to worry about taking a bus unless you are going to other resorts. The rooms are nice and clean. The Roaring Fork which is the quick service is small for the size of the hotel. Get there early in the morning otherwise you won't find a place to sit inside. We had a great stay overall but there are other Dosney hotels that I would stay at over this one because of price.
2 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
Kristy
"Happy with Stay"
Great location, easy access to all parks. Comfortable rooms. Ambiance and decor were enjoyable. I would stay here again. My only complaint would be Whispering canyons restaurant-too noisy. It's auposed to be a fun place with a loud theme but it doesn't work.
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
"Checking in at the lodge"
I was surprised at the wait time to check in. Normally it goes a lot smoother. There were people behind the desk not helping check in guests and we were just standing there waiting.
1 night family trip Feb 1, 2015
Very inviting and clean resort with rustic/up north atmosphere. Great grounds and everything was meticulous inside and out! Beautiful flowers and boardwalks. We had a room that overlooked the pool area and we were able to see and hear (loudly) the electric water parade right from our balcony - Bonus! The Artists Point was absolutely delicious with their special feature of King Salmon and extensive wine list. Whispering Canyon was ok for what it is - kids loved the goofy games. Special note to the housekeeping staff that cleaned our room daily: the kids loved the special time they took to place their "lovies" (stuffed friends) in different places each day. The kids were excited to see where they placed them each nite when we came back from the parks.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
"Magical Disney vacation"
Wilderness lodge is amazing! Beautiful Disney resort with great theming. Great pool area for the family after a day at the parks. Convenient boat transportation to the magic kingdom. Rooms are up to date and nicely maintained. We loved our stay at the wilderness lodge!! Will definitely visit again!
10 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
Monica
"Santa's Christmas trip"
Lovely Disney property. Great theme, fun for children, yet the feel of true wilderness.
1 night family trip Jan 24, 2015
Had a wonderful experience. Fun, friendly staff and a beautiful area.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
"Lousy room"
Room was next to outside exit. Slamming door started at 6am and continued until 11pm. It was also the furthest room from the bus. Hi-end restaurant was too expensive for the meal served.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Kris
"Wilderness Lodge"
Check in was awful....They made a big mistake, said I had only one night when I had 2, and blamed it on Expedia. They said they called Expedia and so I asked for Expedia contact number. I called Expedia, they were very professional and really good to w;ork with. Wilderness Lodge lied, when they said they contacted Expedia, because when I talked to Expedia, they had no record of rexceiving any calls from the Lodge. I had Expedia on the line, and they talked to the Lodge and verified that I had 2 nights.... IT WAS A HORRIBLE 2 DAY HASSLE....Expedia resolved the issue for me very professional manner...5 STARS FOR Expedia.....0 STARS FOR THE LODGE Our room was not cleaned very well, there were beer caps behind our chair and cleaning service never ddid clean up
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
Edna
"New Year Trip"
Beautifully decorated for the holiday season. Tons of amenities, worth every penny!!
4 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
Nichole
"Not Bad for a Disney Hotel"
This is a fairly standard Disney resort. A step or two down from the main resorts, but reasonably nice. The positives are that you are a (frequent) boatride away from Magic Kingdom, Fort Wilderness, and the Contemporary Hotel (which has access to the monorail). There's also a nice pool (especially for kids). The downsides were that the hotel was very inefficient at every step -- checkin, checkout, transportation. The hotel is also very isolated, as most Disney hotels are. The restaurants at the hotel are often all booked up, and there's nothing else around, so you're stuck eating from their convenience store. And, of course everything is incredibly expensive.
3 night family trip Jan 6, 2015
Jeffrey
"Disney Magic"
Came for the marathon weekend. Could not have been more pleased. Disney does what they do better than anyone.
1 night family trip Jan 7, 2015
"not good for the price"
This is a reasonably nice Disney resort. I gave it 3 of 5 stars because the free shuttle took a total of an hour from the airport, check-in took 10 minutes, and the in-hotel restaurants were all too busy to eat at without a reservations. I would expect much better from a non-Disney hotel that I payed as much as I did for this one. The positives are that there is the pool area is really nice, the pools are kept very warm, and there are nice lifeguards on-duty. There is also frequent boat service from the hotel to the Magic Kingdom and the Contemporary Hotel/Fort Wilderness.
1 night family trip Jan 5, 2015
Jeffrey
Everything was professional and very high level service.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
Hotel grounds and lobby are beautiful . Rooms are spotless and updated but VERY average. Nothing luxurious . Hotel staff we encountered were either very nice or very average. Check in was a nightmare with a staff member named Kirk. Took 45 min to tell us about a lot of things we didn't need to know and nothing about what we did . All in all very nice hotel especially if you are there with a family but maybe not the best for a girls trip.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
jill
"Bring your own maid"
I have stayed at the wilderness lodge in the past, they are failing on cleanliness. Are room was noisy and dirty. I won't be back.
1 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
Bertrand
"Wilderness Lodge"
We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge from 12/10-12/14/14. It was our son's first trip to Disney, so we wanted to be close to the Magic Kingdom. The boat ride to Magic Kingdom, and the bus transportation made getting around to the other parks very easy. The hotel lobby is spectacular. The rooms are a little dated, but we stayed at the Grand Floridian a few years back, and felt the same way about the rooms there. In comparison to the Polynesian, which at this point should be completely torn down and rebuilt, and the Contemporary, which has rundown buildings that were once hotel rooms still in view from the monorail, the Wilderness Lodge seems like the only choice for what Disney considers a luxury hotel. The discount of 30% made the room slightly more reasonable at around $300/night. Having stayed at other luxury hotels such as the Breakers in West Palm Beach, and The Ritz Carlton in Aruba, you have to take the Disney resorts for what they are. This is a family friendly location with easy access to the parks, and our son loved it.
4 night family trip Dec 10, 2014
Gina
"Going to Magic Kingdom & want the best value?"
Visited Disney World for 3 days & stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. Great hotel & service. Short boat ride to Magic Kingdom. Great onsite dining with Artist's Point. Awesome.
3 night family trip Dec 7, 2014
Simon
Great stay! Hotel was clean, staff was friendly and was enjoyable. Only downside was the food. Other than breakfast, not so good!
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
amy
We've stayed in most Disney resorts and Wildernes Lodge is one of my favorites. It's a comfortable but yet upscaly resort. The theme is great. I was disappointed that the pool area was still under construction, where it said it would be completed by the time we arrived, work was going on all the time. But our breakfast experience with my granddaughters first birthday start of celebration was great.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
Overall hotel was great. Luggage from Magical Express was very late to arrive.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
"Under Construction"
I just got back from Disney and we stayed at Saratoga Springs and it was spacious and bright and I loved it . Then we transferred to Wilderness Lodge for our last night and I was so thankful I wasn't there the whole week. The main pool was under construction which was so disappointing and there was no Christmas decorations up yet (but there was at EVERY other place in Disney) One of the reasons I wanted to stay there was because I heard it is gorgeous all decorated. :( The beach and the playground was also closed for construction except for one tiny strip of beach. The room was very small and dark and kind of depressing to me. They sent us up the wrong luggage when we got there. I would have been really upset if I booked my whole week there honestly. On a positive note the staff was fantastic and our daughter had a blast at the Cub's Den for an hour and they sent her back with a goodie bag with a ton of cute stuff...she was super excited about it. The breakfast at the Whispering Canyon was great too. (although they do a parade around the restaurant with wooden horses for the kids to pretend to ride and they didn't have enough for all the kids so my daughter didn't get one and she was bummed out). The main part of the lodge is very homey and pretty...I liked that. The hotel would probably be great without all the construction I just wish I knew it was going on before I booked it. I also was disappointed in the room after staying at Saratoga.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Extremely conveient to Magic Kingdom"
We stayed while the pool was being refinished, but despite that it was a very nice stay. The interior areas are impressive and "lodgy," as one might expect, while the rooms are well-appointed and cozy. The Roaring Fork quick service restaurant is great for fast morning or late evening meals, and the Whispering Canyon Cafe is a must-do for families with younger children!
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
"This is not a Deluxe Resort"
The Wilderness Lodge is supposed to be one of Disney's "deluxe" resorts, on par with The Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Polynesian Village, et al. After staying there I found the Wilderness Lodge to be more like Disney's Coronado Springs resort. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but you're not paying Coronado Springs prices to stay at the Wilderness Lodge. The Wilderness Lodge looks beautiful at first glance; the exterior is well manicured and the lobby is expansive. When we got to our room, however, the sheen wore off quickly. The finishes are well worn. It looks like the rooms haven't been updated in ages. The bathroom is also dimly lit. If you drop anything on the floor, you're going to need a flashlight to find it. If you're expecting to find luxury at this property, go somewhere else.
"Best resort to stay at."
If you're into nature walks, seeing deer on the grounds, taking a boat ride to the Magic Kingdom then this place is for you. All is here at the Wilderness Lodge. Great food at Artist Point with an amazing staff to serve you.
"Nice hotel, convenient to Magic Kingdom"
This hotel is nice and convenient to the Magic Kingdom. The lobby is impressive. Unfortunately the main pool was closed during our stay. The rooms are small (especially for the price), but, clean and adequately furnished. The restaurants are over priced (to be expected at Disney) and dining options are limited. The staff was pleasant.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
"Beds hard as a rock!"
I left having back pain after sleeping on the beds. They are hard as a rock. The food isn't great and very over priced.
2 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
Matthew
"Needs upgrade"
Hotel under construction. So it was more noisy & crowded than expected the beds are squeeky & mattresses are getting old & worn out.
3 night family trip Oct 26, 2014
Beth
"Good location, nice staff, beat up rooms"
Love the location and staff but this hotel is beat. Sagging mattress, no pool, bathroom fan did not work, grout missing in tiles. Tired carpets and dark lighting. For the amount of money Disney extracts from you it could be better.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
rick
The bad: bathroon door knob was broken and did not lock. The walls are very thin and you can hear everything in the room next to you. We had to listen to a child yell for 3 hours while we tried to sleep. The good: beds were comfy and clean. Staff was great. Since the pool was down they compt a trip to typhoon lagoon.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
pluto
"Not happy"
Pool not working during a very hot and busy time. If you book through Expedia no one at Disney will help you. Expedia had small link on page with information on page whereas Disney notified all its guests ahead of time to give option to stay or go elsewhere. Bad for business. Left trip early
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"Birthday Vacation"
The experience could not have been better. My Father was celebrating his 85th birthday and I was celebrating my 65th. I would love to stay again! The transporation was easy and fun.
1 night family trip Oct 9, 2014
"Lives up to the Disney Standard"
Really enjoyed the Wilderness Lodge. Quick boat ride to Magic Kingdom. Great service by the employees. 4 options for eating (Room Service, Quick Service place, and 2 restaurants...though I recommend reservations). Our room had a balcony with a wonderful view. Only complaint....which is very minor...was the rooms were for families of 4 plus. But we made it work. Would stay again
2 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
"Nice hotel close to all Disney parks."
This hotel was close to all Disney parks and the bus transportation was timely and we never had to wait long for any rides to/from hotel or parks. The staff was terrific and the food was excellent.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Standard view is not standard"
Our room overlooked the service/ delivery parking lot. Delivery trucks with backup beepers at 6am after you have loud screaming kids in the halls at 11pm. The food in the restaurants is not very good especially condidering it is so overpriced.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
Very convienient for magic kingdom visitors. Hotel room was very nice. Great smell in corridor, very nice pool and surroundings. Airport transport was great. Perfect.
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
"Great to stay in the park"
Great stay nice staff had a great experience considering the hot weather
2 night trip Aug 19, 2014
Rob
"Stay at a Deluxe Resort"
Thw Wilderness Lodge was exceptional and it's a great place to stay on site at WDW The whole atomsphere lends to that Magical experience that only Disney can provide From end to end there was nothing negative I could say about our stay
2 night family trip Aug 20, 2014
Mike Zack
"Comfortable room, small pool"
We visited here at the end of August and while the hotel didn't seem crowded, there were a lot of families with small children. The pool was packed with little ones and really seemed inadaquate in size for the number of kids. Even the quiet pool was filled with little ones. Also our tv was not working when we arrived. We called 3 times over a 7 hour period and finally got someone to come at 11:30 pm. Three days later someone from engineering came to check on our tv to see if it was working. The management did give us a small amount on our bill but we were surprised at the maintenance dept. Otherwise it was nice. The Roaring Fork restaurant was good and very attentive to our special dietary needs. We liked the magic bands.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
"One of the best places to stay at Disney!"
The lodge was a great way to experience Disney. It was very clean, well decorated and the staff could not have been more pleasant. The food was good, and the quick food place (Roaring Springs) was exactly what was needed for a quick breakfast, snack, or dinner if you didn't have time for a full sit down meal. The best attribute of the resort however, is the transportation to/from the park. We went back and forth to Magic Kindom several times a day. We never waited more than 5-10 minutes for the boat, and it is a quick 7 minute boat ride to the park. There are also super convenient busses to the other parks as well. Disney does transportation (and most other things) very well. The pool was also a huge hit with the family. The water slide was a great attraction that meant we had to hit the pool every day we were there, even if it was for only a few minutes we could spare.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014