All hotels in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States of America
1600 Seven Seas Dr., Lake Buena Vista, FL, 32830, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Very disappointing"
The time there was fun and we were glad we did the magic kingdom with our son.that was about the best part of the trip. The hotel is under renovations which means no kiddie pool or main pool. Half the place was boarded up which is unpleasant when you spend a lot of money on a five day stay at the supposedly best resort in Disney. The monorail was a great convenience, when it worked. It broke down twice in the five days we were there. The bus system is poorly run. Disney resorts knows that thousands of people are there yet these buses take so long to come and go. Not fun waiting for buses for 20-30 minutes to travel 30 minutes to downtown Disney. The room was nice, except the fridge was broken the first day there, we couldn't give our son a bath because the lever broke, and the tv wasn't working for a full day. I made multiple calls to get it fixed and was given a run around. Very poorly run resort and they shouldn't charge full price for a half open resort. Most certainly will not return to this resort nor will recommend this one to anyone.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
joe
"renovations were terrible!"
We just stayed at the Polynesian and were REALLY disappointed. We are regular Disney guests and always stay at the highest level resorts (Animal Kingdom is our favorite) and so we decided to give the Polynesian a shot. We knew there was some renovation there, but had no clue it would be that bad. The main entrance is a disaster zone, the main pool is closed and surrounded with construction, and the lounge looks out on a lovely row of portapotties! Horrible. Embarrassing for Disney.
3 night business trip Sep 12, 2014
Adam
"Wonderful location"
Nothing like Disney Service. They were amazing. Even though they are remodeling they made it a nice experience. They were working on the one pool but still had second pool open. Because of main pool being remodeled they gave free tickets to Blizzard Beach water park for the duration of our stay. They knew it was our anniversary getaway and they delivered fresh made Lea to the room for my husband and myself. They know how to make you feel comfortable.
2 night romance trip Aug 24, 2014
Jacqueline
"Friendly, comfortable, and convenient"
Wonderful visit! Can't wait to come back after the renovation of the pool. Staff super helpful from check-in to check-out... Definitely would recommend.
4 night family trip Aug 11, 2014
Anderson
"Great location and place!"
Very nice, unique!
1 night business trip Jun 22, 2014
Christina
"Best hotel at Disney"
This is the best hotel at Disney in my opinion. Although it is undergoing some construction right now that has closed the Volcano pool and made part of the lobby and some other areas a little less inviting, it still has that beautiful, quiet, serene feel that is the polar opposite of the frenetic atmosphere found in some of Disney's hotels. The monorail runs through the second floor. The rooms are very large, clean, luxurious and comfortable, and well sound proofed. Ours was an older room and was beautifully appointed; it had a safe, small fridge, two built in closets, coffeemaker, and lovely patio looking out onto greenery and the monorail. The bathroom was large and luxurious. We ate at Kona Cafe. The Tonga toast was super. Because the volcano pool is closed, the hotel gave us free admission to Blizzard Beach. However, we did not have time for that as we were only there for a couple of days. We requested a room close to the monorail and lobby and were pleased to be placed close by; we had hardly any walk to transportation, allowing us more time in the parks. The magic bands worked like a charm to open our door and the fast pass ride and dining reservations made far in advance were appreciated. If you buy through expedia you will need to get Disney's ID # from them to activate your magic bands through my disney experience. Call expedia for it. Enter your address and fastpass selections in Disney's system well in advance of your arrival so you aren't disappointed.
Isla
Beautiful family vacation. Only set back the hotel is being remodeled. The grand tropical fountain that was the staple of the hotel has been permantly removed from the lobby.
3 night family trip Jul 21, 2014
O
"New in 15' ?"
Stayed here 09,10,11&14 Sorry to see the resort go to waste. The new vacation bungalows do nothing for the resort but obstruct the view over the lake. I hope the re-lift helps but not confident innless a new curriculum put in place. Pool side activities? C'mon unless every one has a toddler. Mix in the teen stuff in too.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
"Excellent main desk-very helpful, informative."
The only negative (and a small one) you can hear the clumping & noise from other rooms-otherwise, great pool, movies, etc.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
"Nice rooms close to all disney parks"
Very comfortable and enjoyable stay, rooms recently refurbished. Further hotel refurbishments under way. Overall a nice hotel and an enjoyable stay
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Amc
"Under major consruction"
Love the resort. However, based on Hotels.com information of the resort, it stated that renovation would be starting on July 15, 2014. However, when we got to the resort, the entire lobby was under renovation and front areas of the resort were also under renovation. We came to find out that the resort has been under construction for a while, and will continue to be under construction until spring of 2015. My wife was not very happy with the way the resort looked, other than the buildings with the guest rooms. About a year and a half ago we stayed at the Contemporary and took the monorail over to visit the Polynesian and loved the way the lobby area looked. To our disappointment, the lobby currently does not look very pleasing to the eyes. We feel a little cheated. Also, the daily valet rate at the Polynesian is $20 per day, not $10 per day as described by Hotels.com.
3 night romance trip Jun 30, 2014
"The hotel is being refurbished and NEEDS it!"
The location is great! The hotel is old and for the price --a huge disappointment. The water taxi and monorail are nice options over the bus but dont service all parks. The food options are poor but the service was nice. Like all things Disney---way over-priced! If I am paying $300 per night...and $30 for a bowl of oatmeal and pancakes--it should be far better than it was.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
Mandy
"Best place to be when you live Magic Kingdom"
Great to leave the park at peek hours and chill out at the pool before returning And seeing the fireworks from the beach, best ever!!!!
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
ceci
"Tropical-Beautiful setting and floral scent"
Stayed for 8 days and 7 nights. Could have used more help at check in process as the Magical Express and Wrist bands were not fully explained.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
Sandy
Great location, great staff and welcoming environment
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
guest
You can't beat the location within the Disney property! Just be aware there is a lot of construction going on.
3 night family trip Jun 4, 2014
Hotel is currently being remodelled and this was the only reason I marked lower than 10. The price paid through Venere made this just about an affordable option for the convenience and experience you get staying at a disney hotel
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
"Beautiful resort"
Loved taking boat to magic kingdom. Breakfast with characters was very good. I felt like I was in the Bahamas I would stay here again and recommend this hotel
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
casey
My check in was not as smooth as usual. Unfortunately the woman who checked us in gave us all the wrong information never gave us a credit limit so our first day in the park we had to use our actual credit cards and not our wrist band and thank God we brought it with us! The hotel had this funky odor and my first night there was a bug in my bed! For some reason there was a gap between the headboard and the mattress and it was disgusting. I was just highly disappointed I am a major Disney fanatic we go twice a year we've been to Aulani and Disney Paris because we love Disney so much but I was extremely let down.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
Milli
"Stayin'n at the Disney Polynesian Resort"
Except for all the construction around the place, the place itself makes us feel like vacationing in Hawaii. Everybody are very nice to us, restauranst are good, they even have Hawaii'an entertainment on the weekend. The best thing is you're inside Disney world compound. Monorail stop on this resort, bus runs every 20 minutes on every place in the park.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
Danny
"Front Desk and Concierge plain rude."
I wish they had advicehe hotel was going through remodeling,the room is more like a 2 star hotel charged as a 5 star hotel,the front desk person was rude,so was the manager and concierge,certainly not a Disney attitude.I was very dissapointed .
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
"Beautiful hotel perfectly located and tons of fun"
The staff is so friendly, adding to the Hawaiian atmosphere that the architecture and landscaping create. 'Ohana is an unforgettable experience with great food and fun drinks. We went there for breakfast (with Lilo and Stitch) and the dinner, which was so much fun. The only drawback was that there is construction going on, but Disney doea a great job of hiding it.
Other trip May 23, 2014
"Good proximity to Magic Kingdom"
The saving grace for this Disney property is location to Magic Kingdom. The O'Hana for breakfast and the Kona Cafe for supper was just okay. Lobby was disappointing. We had previously stayed at Wilderness and lobby was nice. We visited Grand Floridian for Cinderella supper and lobby was enjoyable place as well. I did not like our room in the Fiji second floor room. This location was like a Motel 6.
Other trip May 21, 2014
Gigi
We've stayed at this hotel for the last ten years that we've been visiting Disney. I loved being just a monorail ride away from the parks.
Other trip May 18, 2014
"perfect family vacation"
when we checked then it took a while because they were so adamant about getting every detail right after that we went to our large room with an awesome view and had a blast
Other trip May 8, 2014
jason
"Best Resort for Access to Magic Kingdom"
Recently renovated rooms, great pool with volcano slide, 5 minute monorail ride to Magic Kingdom. Nightly movies on the beach, view of Magic Kingdom fireworks from beach. Very friendly staff.
4 night trip Apr 24, 2014
Katherine
"Return after 40 years"
We stayed here for our honeymoon and decided to come back here to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. Also returned to the luau, very nice show. Very nice touch giving us real flower leis to celebrate and everyone wishing us a happy anniversary when they saw our pins. Best place to go for a romantic getaway!
Other trip May 3, 2014
Nice size room with all the amenities. Staff courteous, helpful and friendly. Great location. Loved the beach in addition to the pool. Restaurant service was friendly and expedient; food just okay in most if the restaurants. We had concierge service with our room which was excellent - well staffed, lots of choices, room with lagoon views. I would highly recommend it - continental breakfast, appetizers and beverages (hearty and abundant) midday, beer + wine selections! cookies and milk for kids, in addition to a lot of other choices, then desserts and appertifs from 8 - 10 pm. We were impressed.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
"Nice location but too much construction."
I had never been to this Disney resort before. I was frustrated by the construction going on. We were farthest away from the main building and couldn't cut through because of it. The location was good to the parks and being able to use the monorail was a plus. Some of the "cast members" ( that's what they call themselves) were very helpful and others didn't seem as informed about the whole Disney experience.
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
sue
"A Nice Weekend"
The hotel and grounds were great. You also have access to all 3 Disney transport systems. I actually wished we had stayed longer. Everything was clean, the staff very attentive. Every morning we had breakfast delivered at 7 am to start our theme park days, and it was always there within 5 minutes. They had pools, and other things for the kids, and nice restaurants as well.
2 night trip Mar 28, 2014
Patrick H
This is a great hotel. It might be a bit older than some of the others, but it is SO worth being right on the monorail. The staff was nice and the amenities were great. We watched the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the beach one night, which was fun.
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
"Superb!!!!"
Great everything !!!!
5 night business trip Mar 24, 2014
Kristie
"Good hotel for sunny days"
The hotel is very clean, has a lot of outside places in the shade for those sunny days. They have something like a cafeteria open almost 24hr, with great options for kids and also not expensive. Just don't leave the luggage at the airport, took 5 hrs to get it with Disney express. And the luggage customer service is the one to call to check in when you leave.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
Nick NYC
"Beautiful tropical setting - great pools and beach"
Beautiful hotel but dining was not adequate. We were grateful for Cpt. Cooks where NO RESERVATIONS WERE REQUIRED! We were unable to get reservations at Oahu or the cafe during our 3 day stay. Fortunately, we got an 8:15 p.m. reservation at the Grand Floridian for dinner. Why don't the restaurants have half their space for reservations and the other half for walkins? The same was true of restaurants at the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. We flew our son, his wife & our 4 Yr old grand daughter down to Disney from Minneapolis and my husband and I drove over from The Villages, FL to join them. We were VERY grateful the lady at the front desk found us a room at the Polynesian across the hall from our son. We were also very appreciative of the young man at the valet parking who gave us a great map showing an easy route to Rt 429 to the turnpike. The directions from the hotel as well as map quest were horrible. We found the Disney employees to be uniformly helpful and courteous. Yes, there were huge crowds, but everything flowed well - except for dining. We really loved being on the monorail service because we could easily come back to our hotel for lunch and to swim - especially our grand daughter. We also loved the boat shuttle ride from the Magic Kingdom to our hotel. If we can afford to do this trip again, we would definitely stay at the Polynesian or the Grand Floridian. I did get prepaid reservations for the Aloha Dinner Showfor my son & his wife & daughter.
Other trip Mar 28, 2014
"Beware of Disney aversion to Expedia"
Let me start by saying that WDW is a family favorite-I dare say I have visited at least30 times. This visit was a family Christmas gift to 6 close relatives-5adults and a 4 year old. 5 day/4 night, Park hoppers, Polynesian Resort. Booked thru Expedia. Upon checkin, the crazy began. I paid for 3 rooms, my name on each, the new MagicBands could not handle- rather Disney cast members could not handle Expedia reservations. The first 3 days required guest relation visits at each park, approximately 5 hours over 3 days trying to straighten out. Eventually got lots of fast passes, but a simple issue became very complicated! Disney worked with us, but the ordeal makes me hesitate another visit with MagicBands involved! But when they FINALLY did work, it was nice!
Sonja
"30th anniversary celebration"
Our family used to go to the majic kingdom all the time back in the 80's. My wife and I always said we would one day stay at the Polynesian. It took 30 years but we finally did it! We couldn't afford more than one night but it was well worth it!! Hopefully we can save up enough to go back in another 30 years!!!
Other trip Mar 27, 2014
"Great hotel, friendly and accomodating staff"
We loved our stay at the Polynesian, recommend the luau!
Other trip Mar 27, 2014
"Best resort closest to Magic Kingdom"
You are paying for the view at this resort. The room had great sleeping arrangements having 2 queens and a futon that could sleep 2. Capt. Cooks was average tasting food. We ended up going offsite for most of our meals due to a limited menu and generic theme park tasting food. I asked for a magic kingdom view and got it. The room was not cleaned very good there is a beach however you cannot go in the water. Every night they show a movie then a water boat parade goes by then the fireworks. This was the highlight of being at the polynesian vs the other monorail, boat resorts. We checked out the contemporary & grand Floridian. Polynesian was our favorite because of the lush landscaping and only 3 floors. Note some rooms have a patio or deck and others do not. The hotel was under construction. It was on the other end of the property so noise did not bother us except when at the beach. I would return to this hotel knowing now that the room is generic however if you ask for the right room you forget all about the price tag.
Other trip Mar 26, 2014
Bonnie
"Friendly relaxing atmosphere"
Our room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. We liked that the room decorations made us feel like we were in Hawaii. There is some construction going on at the hotel, but it did not impact our stay in any way. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The menu choices at the hotel restaurants had a Hawaiian flair that was not to our liking.
5 night trip Mar 16, 2014
Disney Fan
"Very Pleasant Stay."
Like the atmosphere of having a tropical setting. Pools were heated! All kinds of free transportation to the parks.
Other trip Mar 23, 2014
Great convenience. Bussed from the Cruise ship to the hotel and back to the airport. Book a reservation for the Kona Restaurant early!
2 night family trip Mar 8, 2014
"Great Disney experience"
First time at magic kingdom and Epcot. The Polynesian was the perfect hotel for our family.
Other trip Mar 8, 2014
"We had a great room"
We were there for the Princess Half Marathon races and were given a room close to the main lodge and monorail and parking lot. The hotel is older but the room was very clean, and smelled clean. Plenty of counter space in bathroom which was non-existent at the Contemporary. Pools and food facilities were easily accessible and the Capt. Cook's eatery had decent food for fast service. The one thing they need to add when they remodel is a hot tube. The fireworks can be seen at the Magic Kingdom from the lounge chairs at the beach, best seat to watch them. I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Feb 28, 2014
Penny
"Great location, and mostly great experience"
Polynesian was great....room was spacious for family of 5, which was a nice surprise...make sure you get reservations for any meal you want, as the restaurants fill up. One down part is the food and service at Capt Cooks....it really just isnt very good, it takes forever to pay, and the people there are not very pleasant. The pool bartenders could be a little friendlier as well...I mean its Disney, you kind of expect pleasant. Other than that, a fun place to stay if you want easy access to Disney.
2 night family trip Feb 18, 2014
JH
"Nice hotel no dining for guests though"
The hotel was nice. On site access to monorail to parks and very nice pools and beach area. The dining situation at the hotel was very disappointing. As a guest paying $400+ per night, I would think we should have been able to get into the restaurants before 9 pm at night. We were not told that the flagship restaurant only serves meals family style and even with a reservation, we had to wait an additional 40 minutes for our table to be ready.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
L
"Polynesean is Nice hotel close to Magic Kingdom."
Enjoyed the Disney atmosphere and convenience of the use of the new Disney Magic bands to enter the hotel room,enter all theme parks and make all purchases without having to carry cash.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"Polynesian resort (Samoa building)"
Our Hotel room was pretty nice. It had 2 queen beds on the first floor.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
Steve and Barb
"A classic!"
This is my absolute favorite hotel. It was one of the originals but they have kept it perfectly maintained. The rooms are very comfortable and nicely furnished. The beds are great and the rooms are quiet. This visit our room faced the road but I couldn't hear any traffic. The grounds are fantastic, a real tiki lounge vibe. One of my favorite pluses is being on the monorail line. It make the trip to the Magic Kingdom SO easy. You hop on and in a flash you are at the front gates. I think this hotel is worth the splurge on the price.
Other trip Feb 5, 2014
Robin
"Easy access to all parks"
Hotel staff were super friendly and helpful. Great view of MK fireworks and light parade from Polynesian's beach. Five minute walk to luxurious Grand Floridian for super close view of Magic Kingdom fireworks and electric light parade on lagoon. Wonderful beach for kids to make sand castles and pool was nice and warm despite 40 degree temperatures some nights. Being on monorail made it a snap to get to MK and EPCOT. For Animal Kingdom plan ahead as trip to will take quite a while (if you miss the bus from MK you'll have to wait 20 minutes for the next one). Hotel was sold out despite being off peak time so book dining reservations ahead of time if you want a sit down meal. Food at Captain Cooks was not good so would avoid unless buying packaged food next time.
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
single mom
"Nice Grounds but beware of monorail closure"
We enjoyed our stay at the Polynesian. The grounds and pools were really nice and well-maintained and we enjoyed watching the fireworks from the beach at the hotel. The one thing that was unfortunate is that the monorail will be down from 11:30am until 7pm until the end of March. Since this is a main perk of the hotel, I figured they would try to accommodate their guests with reasonable shuttle service, but this was not the case. So in order to get to our 6:30 dinner at the Contemporary from the Polynesian, what should have been a 5 minute monorail ride ended up being over 30 minutes by bus including wait time and stops.
Other trip Jan 31, 2014