All hotels in Wilmington, North Carolina, United States of America
4926 Market St, Wilmington, NC, 28405, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9223

• Value
    Fairly good value for money
    Dirty
    Room is not nice
"Very good compared to some reviews"
I was a little afraid when I booked this hotel since a lot if the reviews said the hotel was a little bit old. The lib and breakfast area were very modern. They probably worked in this not so long ago. As for the room, it was in a very good shape. The only bad point for me was the wifi. The connexion wasn't at its best.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Noemie
"Not the best choice"
The room smelled musty and there were dozens of teenage guests. Noise all night. The free breakfast room was packed and no seats for us.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Business Bob
This hotel was not good. Housekeeping should do a better job of cleaning. They need a major upgrade.breakfast was okay. Local was great,close to many restaurants. Will not stay here a again.
1 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
"WAY over priced!"
WAY over priced for a poor conditioned hotel..
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Tyler
Ok place for the night, but by night the area is very shady to say the least. The staff was decent but the entire area has seen its glory days.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2014
"Nasty"
Check in was smooth. I went to my room and found a cigarette butt and 2 coffee stirring sticks on the floor. There was a pile of dust/dirt on the floor by the refrig. under the ironing board hanging on the wall. I went to the front desk on my way out for the day and advised them of the problems. When I returned that evening they had removed the butt and sticks from the floor and left the dirt. They also took my used towels and shower mat but did not replace them. I won't stay here again.
2 night business trip Aug 15, 2014
"convenience"
surprisingly quiet and the linens were very clean and fresh. The breakfast was very good and excellent variety of food selections.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Fine for the price"
Felt that this hotel served it's purpose. Was looking for something reasonably priced but clean and safe due to other upcoming expenses. Hotel was clean and comfortable.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Tracy
Over all - it was good. The area seemed a little sketchy with a convienient store next door to hotel. Not a real fan of exterior door entrance - but was okay. Desk staff was great.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"Mixed thoughts"
The renevations are going to help bring this hotel up in desiring to stay there. There are a few safety concerns of curtains: not closing completely, safety lock not latching properly, the phone was disconnected. You could see that things were on their way to being improved with lobby upgrades, cleanliness and breakfast variety.
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
I hated my stay there. The hotel was filthy. I felt as though I had bugs crawling on me, that's how dirty the room was. I called hotel.com and cancelled my stay at Quaility Inn and booked my last night in Wilmington at the Holiday Inn. The hotel was so nasty I thought I was going to take bedbugs or something back home. Very disappointed.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
D
"Quality in market street Wilminton NC"
Room was clean , air conditioned,and well stocked with towels ect. A friendly management and a 15 min ride to the beach. A good breakfast bar in the am. No noise or issues from other rooms, a very good stay for the price.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
Jame and Kimberly
"Good Value & Location"
We planned a last minute trip to Wilmington area. This hotel was quick ride to multiple beaches. I suggest Kure if you want clean and less crowded. The entire staff from front desk to cleaning crew were nice and accommodating.
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
Robert R.
"A decent place to sleep"
On such short notice, it was the only place with a 2-bed room available. Easy access in and out, but showing its age. I didn't think any hotels still had tube tvs, but I was wrong. A/C worked good, bed was comfortable, showers worked as expected. Since I was out fishing and kayaking all day, every day, that was all I needed.
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"Exactly what was expected..."
For 3 nights over the weekend priced at slightly over $100/night, it was what I expected barring a few annoyances: Internet connection blinking in and out over various portions of the stay. I needed this service to plan our trip and coordinate reservations. Cable service blinking out. It's tough when you're wanting to relax before bed with your loved one watching a movie and your interrupted by snowstorms. Hair dryer quits working after 3 minutes. The staff is tremendously courteous and helpful, but the building and utilities don't match their efficiency. The hotel is severe need of renovations with how old it is.
3 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Doug
"The worst"
This was the worst hotel I've stayed in. The exterior of the building is old and dirty. The carpet was stained, the room smelled of body odor, there were holes in the bed spread from cigarettes, the bathroom had cigarette ashes on the floor and wall, and this was a non smoking room.. Why the hotel would rent a room in this condition is beyond me. Never again will I stay at this quality Inn, nor will I use Hotel.com to book any future hotel stays.
1 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
"adequate but way over priced."
For the price of one night it would seem I should expect something much more grand. I feel I got the room of a 55$ a night hotel for 2x that cost. Very disappointing in that area. They were also out of roll away beds so one of us had to figure out how to sleep on a lounge type chair... that was pretty dirty. Floors felt icky and moist and hotel is in dire need of an upgrade. Could not afford the nicer looking hotels... the cost was 5x more for those. I assume those rooms would look like they should cost what I paid. Pretty sad that the hotels are that trashy in Wilmington. I would have thought they would be much nicer in such a great town.
Categio
"Close to Wrightsville Beach"
Quality Inn was in the process of remodeling. They really need to take out all of the carpet because there was an odor in the room, so I sprayed with Lysol. Overall the Customer service was good and the staff was friendly.
2 night family trip Jul 16, 2014
Shavonne Stoddard
I was scared to death but had no other choice in the area.
1 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
"The Absence of Quality at Quality Inn (Wilmington,"
My daughter spent one night at this hotel. When I work in the middle of the night I noticed ON TOP OF MY DAUGHTER'S BED, a brown roach about 1.5" long. I killed it and put it into a plastic bad. I lost a night of sleep as I quietly re-checked the room. I was so mad I was going to take it to the front desk. Since my child was sleeping I chose to wait until the morning. When I told the two women at the front desk, they had a view about it being a normal part of living in the city. This I have no doubt as I have been a longtime traveler to water areas. One woman said that “everyone has a roach problem”; I sharply responded, saying: "I do not". The other woman indicated that someone comes monthly to spray for insects. This does not change the fact that roaches apparently make a home at this hotel. I am extremely disappointed and I will also point this out to Quality Inn and the Chamber of Commerce at Wilmington.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Poor service, unprofessional staff, and overpriced"
Poor service, unprofessional staff, and overpriced
2 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
Van
"It's what'd you would expect..."
Hotel wasn't bad, not in the "nicest" part of town but, it's not bad. It's about a 10 minute straight drive to downtown, and about only 15 minutes away from Carolina beach. Some of the staff was nice, some were not. Room was cleaned ok, could've been cleaned better. Bed was comfortable. And room was decently sized, and not too out dated. Parking was easy, and pool was clean. They also have grills outside, and plenty of places to sit outside. Wasn't too noisy. Some guests were loud, but you'll have that. All in all, it wasn't too bad.
1 night business trip Jul 12, 2014
Helaina
"Decent basic overnight accommodation"
Staff were friendly. No-frills breakfast (included in price). The room had the smell of stale cleanser or air freshener - the hotel does not have separate accommodations for smokers and non-smokers.
1 night romance trip Jul 12, 2014
It's an old hotel with worn out rooms and an old, mildew odor, however, the staff was very friendly and attentive.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
"Beach Traveler"
Great value! I booked the room because of the price. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the bed was extremely comfortable, the bathroom was clean with new fixtures, and the water was hot! There were a few minor inconveniences: coffee maker was broken (they replaced it with a new one the next day), housekeeping did not leave any coffee (front desk gave me some), and housekeeping replaced one of my personal pillow cases with one of theirs. Minor inconveniences, but overall a very pleasant stay!
2 night trip with friends Jun 30, 2014
Traveler
"Decent rooms for a decent price"
Hotel staff was very nice and accommodating, willingly let us switch rooms. Rooms were what you would expect, pretty clean, but could be cleaner.
Taylor
"Hotel for 4th of July Celebration"
We booked this hotel with a room with two double beds. The staff was friendly, although the lobby was too small for all the guests waiting to check in. The room was very outdated with holes patched on the wall and pictures hanging above the beds were crooked with damaged frames. The flat screen TV was on the wall, so it was a good effort, but the furniture was clearly meant for a TV stand with a tray for a DVD player, etc. from before the TV was mounted. The pillows were not standard size and appear to be throw pillows--I saw that mentioned in an earlier review, so we brought our own. My son took off his shoes and ran around the room playing for a while and his feet were dirty black afterward; so were my socks. We didn't walk barefoot on the carpet afterward. The door frame to the bathroom was dirty and the door was coming apart on the back. An attempt had been made to fix it with staples.The bed seemed to have a hole in middle where I kept rolling to all night (needs replacing) and there were what appeared to be cigarette burn holes on the covers although we stayed in a non-smoking room. There was a lot of outside noise. Its next to a gas station, so we heard people all night.Outdated and clean is OK-outdated and dirty is not. We didn't complain to the staff. After also seeing the similar condition of our friend's room and poor attempts to rig or patch things that actually need to be replaced, we knew this was standard for the Quality Inn. We just wont be staying here again.
PKMOM
"bed bugs"
I woke up with bites all over me. The price really isn't worth it. The air also doesn't cool very well and my nonsmoking room smells of smoke.
2 night business trip Jul 6, 2014
"Close to Downtown Wilmington"
It was a pleasant experience. I only stayed one night, but the room was clean and comfortable. It was a little bit dated, but for the price point- it's great! I love that it's only a few miles from downtown.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Emma
"What I expected and appreciated"
I was attending a weekend sporting event. The AC kept the room cool. The pool was clean. The room was clean and all the accessories worked (TV, clock, microwave, refrigerator, hair dryer, WiFi). The front desk and the breakfast attendant were friendly and business like. Everything I expected.
1 night trip with friends Jun 28, 2014
Lou
"Great if you love Bed Bugs!"
Expedia failed to publish my first attempt at posting a review, so I'll keep this one short. There were bed bugs! I booked the room for my boyfriend who arrived in the room late and went right to sleep. In the morning, he awoke to the feeling that something was crawling on him and discovered a bed bug on his pillow. He works in the hospitality industry and knows what they are and what they look like. He then found a dead one and blood streaks on the box spring of the mattress. He brought the bed bug down to the front desk and was met with denial of it even being a bed bug. Then he was told that if it was a bed bug, that it wouldn't get into his luggage and go home with him. Who are these people? Anyway, another staff member called up to his room while he packed and apologized for his experience, but said that since the hotel was booked through Expedia, they could not refund our money. However, she said that she could comp a future stay. Needless to say, we will never stay here again and probably won't book through Expedia again, as they said that they cannot guarantee the condition of their hotels.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
Mariah
"Great Service / Poor Facility"
The service was great but the rooms were in poor condition. First, we were given smoking rooms and because the hotel was sold out we couldn't change them. We have two young kids so this wasn't ideal. They were nice to spray the room down to mask the smell but it didn't help when the smoke came in from the adjoining door of our smoking neighbors. The lobby was remodeled nicely but the rest of the building was half done. Furniture was falling apart and you had to jump over the ac puddles when you walked down the hall. We were also stopped in the parking lot and asked for money at night which wasn't ideal. I guess you get what you pay for. Next time we'll def pay a little more for a nicer facility.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Unclean rooms, unclean grounds"
I booked a room for one night in order to enjoy a nice short beach trip while having time off from work. I got the room for $80 so I was not expecting an extremely nice hotel, but it claimed to be newly renovated so I figured it would be okay. And the pictures appeared to show simple, yet clean rooms. What we got was astonishing. Upon arrival, we entered the lobby to check-in. The lobby's appearance was quite nice and the staff was friendly. However, the room I initially booked was awful. The walls had orange stains all over them (looked like someone had puked on them). We went back to the receptionist and asked for a different room. The second room was slightly better but still appeared very unclean. We thought we would stick it out and spend as little time as possible in the room. After dinner and festivities, we headed back to the room around 10pm. There were people wandering and loitering in the parking lot, all of which looked up to no good. At that point, we had had enough and decided to check out and drive the 2 hours back home rather than spend one more minute there. It was the worst experience I've ever had at a hotel and will never go back. Spend the extra money and stay somewhere else.
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
Chelsea
"If you love bed-bugs, stay here."
This hotel room was booked for my boyfriend who went to Wilmington for the night. He checked in late and went right to bed, not noticing anything strange or off. He was awakened in the morning by the feeling that something was crawling on him and after getting up, he found a bed bug on his pillow. He lifted the box spring of the mattress and found a dead bead bug, along with its blood. He took the live bed bug down to the front desk and the staff member that was at the desk denied that it was a bed bug and said that even if it were a bed bug, it wouldn't get in his luggage. We know better than that, as my boyfriend works in the hospitality industry and has dealt with this problem in the past. Another staff member called his room and apologized for his experience with the man at the front desk. Ultimately, the hotel wouldn't do anything for us because we booked through Expedia. I called Expedia and the woman I spoke to said she couldn't do anything because he stayed in the room and that the hotel had already received payment. The woman from Expedia said she couldn't guarantee that a hotel won't have bed bugs and she hopes that the hotel will change their condition for future customers. So, long story short, don't book this hotel... unless you want bed bugs and want to chance bringing them home with you. Having a professional treat your home for bed bugs is no joke- super costly and inconvenient. I will never book this hotel again and I don't think that I'll use Expedia again.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
Mariah
"Would not stay again"
The room smelled, was not a pleasant stay. The house keeping staff was sketchy. The power went off during our stay. The lobby had no air upon check in which was prior to the outage. We stayed one night and left. The management was nice.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
disappointment
"Worst Experience of My Life"
This has to be one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. I stayed one night for business - I should have slept in my car instead! They were going to charge me extra to stay in a non smoking room - so I stayed in a smoking room (I don't smoke). The covers had several burn holes in them so I slept with a blanket I keep in the car. The carpet was disgustingly FILTHY with large visible black stains in it. It was so bad I snapped pics & sent to my husband. The lounge chair in the room was filthy & discolored - I didn't even want it to touch me. The bathroom & tub were not clean. I had to put a towel in the tub to stand on so my feet wouldn't touch the dirt. The only positive was my bed was free of bed bugs - due to the condition of the room that was the first thing I checked for. I couldn't wait to get to sleep so I could get up & LEAVE! I left the next morning smelling like heavy smoke & despair! I didn't want to pay $120 or more for a one night business trip in Wilmington - instead I paid $79 and got exactly what I paid for! I will never ever stay here again. This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in - and I travel 3-4 days a week for work. NEVER AGAIN!
1 night business trip Jun 11, 2014
Great service, clean, comfortable room. Room was small but had enough room for everything you need. Very clean. Would definitely recommend for this price range.
1 night romance trip Jun 8, 2014
"Good place to stay while passing through town"
The hotel is an older property, showing some signs of wear, but the rooms (we had two) were very clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful and we enjoyed our stay.
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
Would expect more for the price
1 night trip May 25, 2014
"It's OK"
The pictures look much better then what I experienced, it felt more like a $60 hotel. Says pet friendly, but they didn't put me on a ground floor. Front desk said they were booked up, but people were still checking in at the time. Ended up carrying my elderly dog down the stairs. Hot water didn't seem to keep up with demand and the A/C didn't seem to be up to par. Both started working upon checkout.
2 night family trip May 24, 2014
"Hotel.com is disappointing. Hotel great for price."
Upon arrival at hotel, I was told that Hotel.com failed to reserve a non-smoking room for me as was paid for. Fortunately, the hotel received a cancellation of a non-smoking room just as I was about to leave and try to find a non-smoking room elsewhere (no rooms available in area). Good hotel to stay at!
1 night family trip May 24, 2014
Don Bachman
"Disgusting and sketchy"
The first room smelled horrible of smoke and I had booked a specific non-smoking room. After I was switched to another room, but India man working the counter said my room number so loudly the other people in the lobby could hear and that made me uncobfirtable because the hotel wasn't in the best part of town. Then, the new room was dirty. There was hair in the shower and on the walls and the bed wasn't made properly and the pillows were all over the place. I couldn't connect to the wifi and I called the front desk and the Indian man had a horrible language barrier and he argued with me and proceeded to come to my room. It was a horrible expirence.
Other trip May 21, 2014
Ans
Room smelled like smoke.
1 night trip May 14, 2014
"Adequate motel"
Facility sort of run-down; friendly staff. WiFi not working well. On busy main street into downtown Wilmington. OK stay.
4 night trip May 7, 2014
Mungie
"Great Front Desk Welcome"
For a Quality Inn this is a great property with excellent location on Market Street, convenient to downtown Wilmington and the beaches.
Other trip May 12, 2014
Daisy
"Never Again"
This hotel is definitely not woth the price. I'm guessing we paid for location but there are plenty hotels on Market street that are paying for.
1 night business trip May 9, 2014
Kenya
"An average stay."
Bedroom was clean.TV was way out of date. Fridge worked well. Bathroom was in need of an upgrade but clean. Kinda pricey for this level of comfort though.
1 night trip May 3, 2014
Nigel
"Near shopping and restaurants"
Overall, the room was average. However, one day we spent the entire day sightseeing and returned to find that our room was not cleaned and the bed was not made. The hotel is old and shows it. The free breakfast was only average with not much selection. The staff was friendly. There are better hotels in the area. We probably would not stay there again.
4 night family trip Mar 20, 2014
J.S.
Room nice. Clean .
1 night trip Feb 12, 2014
Ally
"Good price, nice staff"
My husband and I needed a place to stay for the night while in town for a convention. We wanted something that was within a reasonable taxi fare from Front Street that wasn't overly priced. We found this place and the rate was good. The accommodations were good for the price, old but clean. It was hands-down the best continental breakfast I have ever had at a hotel chain. They had oatmeal, cereal, donuts, muffins, bagels, juice, and, best of all, fresh waffles (made right in front of you and, no, I'm not talking frozen either). I would stay here again.
Other trip Feb 1, 2014