All hotels in Giza, Egypt

4 night business trip Jul 26, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Gawharet Al Ahram Hotel

"Ecellent services"
06/24/15 travelEgypt1 Cairo, Egypt
do like stay near form the pyramids with cheap price with high quality rooms really I enjoyed our time staying at this hotel amazing something inside this hotel the roof with Egyptian cafe with sunset on the pyramids.
"For low budget 4star - totally ok"
06/21/15 sheepsi Bernau am Chiemsee, Germany
I was here october 2013. I booked over one of the online booking portals (booking.com / hostelbookers) Required quiet room. The room was ok, clean but located to the front road. Next to this is a mosque. So it was a very noisy first night. So next day i asked for an other room that i was offered. This one was leading to the back side and nice quiet - as far it could be (a mosque never vanishes and the calls to prayes are heard for sure). The hotel has a nice entrance and lobby. The restaurant and breakfast area under the roof is really nice. You got a great view to the pyramids. The room is ok - little old fashioned - but thats normal in this class of hotels in egypt. Cleanliness could have been better, but you get regular fresh towels. On this budget I dont expect more for a price that was about 25,-€ per night including intercontinental/egypt breakfast. The breakfast was oki - starts at 7.30am a buffet with hot and cold stuff, cereals, yoghurt, fruits and fresh omelette when you ask for it. The location is good for the excursions to the pyramids in giza or sakkara, dashur or trips to fayoum or wadi al rayan. you can get help for trips over the hotel or do it yourself. its easy to go in this directions with microbusses - either direction giza central to get the metro to cairo or on the other side to the pyramids. Close to the hotel - when you leave it turn right and walk along this long road till you get to a busy sideroad with many little shops and restaurants. You cross the main road you walked along to the other side - the area is called areesh - after a few meter in this area on the right side there is a nice supermarket where you can get whatever you need for your excursions on the day. The hotel is nice for travelers almost all kind - but i dont think its nice for families - would be boring for the kids.no ac
"very nice hotel in Cairo"
05/26/15 carinaBucharest Bucharest
The hotel is very nice, clean and offers more than decent conditions for the amount of money you pay. It is located on a busy road, so if you are a light sleeper is better to ask for a room on the backside and on an upper floor. The rooms are big, clean, and well equiped. I didnt like the breakfast very much, because it lacks the ham and the tomatoes, but still you have enough things to eat. The personal is very nice and offers you the information you need in order to visit as much things as you can while you are in Cairo. You can also buy from the hotel some trips to pyramids and other turistic objectives, as the price for person is reasonable enough and it is difficult to go on your own in such a crowded city.
"A Decent Place Amidst a ."
04/29/15 StevenP13 Denver, Colorado
I'd go there again, and tell others to go. Its a pretty clean hotel, with a decent breakfast. Though sometimes the culture can seem a bit pushy,the staff at the hotel were very accommodating and personal. They all work hard to make your experience a full one. They went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable. Props to my bodyguard Podi, Shade, the other front desk guy, and my tour guide for keeping it real. ;)
"good place to stay on budget"
04/18/15 BinojAntony V Mumbai
I stayed here while on a pilgrimage trip with my mom, this was the first stop and was very happy with the hotel, everything was clean and tidy, no complaints. The staff was very cheerful and helpful. I will definitely stay here here again if I am in the area.
"Pleasant"
03/13/15 Geraldine S Exmouth, England, United Kingdom
Stayed 1 night here . Room clean and spacious , toiletries provided. Pleasant helpful staff . Meal was satisfactory. Good value for money . Would use this hotel again . Based in Al Haram area , busy road but lots of shops and restaurants nearby.
"Excellent, friendly staff and comfortable stay"
02/24/15 Hannah B Ireland
Location of hotel is 50mins from airport (without traffic) and close to the pyramids. Fantastic, helpful staff who couldn't do enough for us! Especially Shade and Alaa who spent a lot of time on the phone sorting some issues we had with our flights!! They can also organize day trips at very reasonable prices with excellent informative guides. Rooms are a little dated with decor but the beds are comfy, and the amazing staff are totally worth it. Had a great time in Cairo staying here!
"Cost efficient solution and really helpful staff"
12/28/14 Norbert N
I spent six nights in this hotel party during Christmas time. The staff is really friendly and I would like to highlight Omar the driver of the hotel. He will be the one who takes you if you pick any program the hotel offers. From the offered programs I picked the Felucca ride on the Nile, it was really amazing, but I could have stayed for hours on the river (the sailing itself was less than an hour as I recall or something like that). And I joined for their Pyramid trip it was also really nice exactly what I had time for on my first day. What I would like to highlight the good price and really helpful and friendly staff of the hotel. I would improve the Wi-Fi connection in the rooms I had a lot of difficulties with it, it is working but disconnected me several times, it was annoying. :) I would also recommend to update the pictures of the hotel, some of them should be a few years old. :) Summary: I think the Hotel was a good choice. They are trying their best to fullfil their guests' needs and its location is not bad and the price is good.
"Comfortable stay"
10/12/14 Mullick7 Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
I and my wife stayed from 30th.Sept till 5th.Oct 2014. Indeed it was a comfortable stay with everything better than our expectations. Location is ideally suited for public transport availability. And I found it comfortable lining in Giza and moving to Cairo is not at all inconvenient due to excellent public transport including Buses, macro buses and Metro. Room cleanliness and bathroom was very good. Breakfast full of variety. In my future visit I would love to stay in this hotel.
"Excellent Experience"
08/25/14 AhmadMarei Amman, Jordan
I experienced a warm Egyptian's hospitality and a good quality of service and comfortable accommodation. The service is very good, rooms are well maintained, pool is so clean and the location is suitable, only few minutes from the Pyramids. We would like to thank the hotel staff: House Keeping, Laundry staff and specially the reception's team Ahmad, Alaa, and Shadi. Regarding allowing a guest into your room, according to policies and regulation in most if the Arab Countries, It is not allowed to let anyone into your room from other gender if you are note formally Married. and that's normal. I do recommend this hotel as I am enjoying my time here,