All hotels in Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom

• 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0
  • Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
  • Wellness Area
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"Perfect Stay"
We stayed for 2 nights and it was in the perfect location making both Old Town and New Town accessible. We only had a couple of days in Edinburgh, but we were able to see so much of what we wanted.
2 night romance trip Apr 7, 2016
Stacy
"Winbderful stay from start to finish."
The hotel looks quite small from the inside, but the interior is extravagant. The staff are very nice and helpful. The room is just perfect with a lovely view of the water. There was some screaming one night outside my room one night, but otherwise there were no complaints. I would happily stay here again when next in Edinburgh.
4 night family trip Mar 23, 2016
EJ
"Highly Recommend the George"
Stayed here while on a business trip. Very nice room close to all my meetings. Comfy bed, spacious bathroom.
2 night business trip Mar 10, 2016

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Grand hotel in Edinburgh New Town"
The hotel had just completed a major renovation and is very smart. It is difficult to imagine how it could have been more comfortable. I don't understand why I had to pay cash for room service, nor why they had to play loud pop music during Sunday breakfast, but otherwise everything was flawless. We particularly liked the stylish bar staff mixing exotic cocktails on the Saturday night. All the public rooms are very fine, and our bedroom was smart and comfortable.
1 night romance trip Apr 2, 2016
"Perfection"
The whole visit was perfect. We were upgraded to a gorgeous suite and we couldn't fault the service. Breakfast was beautiful and we enjoyed using the bar.
2 night romance trip Mar 29, 2016
Lynn
"A great stay with great views..."
Great hotel. We were given a room on 6th floor with fantastic views of the city and sea My only very minor gripes were that the room wasn't ready on time (though it was very busy due to the rugby) and I'd have liked a few more sachets of coffee Overall, it was a great place to stay and well worth the money
1 night romance trip Mar 13, 2016
"Quality in the heart of Edinburgh."
Arrived at the very centrally located hotel and was immediately impressed with the service, the attention to detail and the general quality feel of the place. I have paid for an upgrade to a deluxe room which afforded us a spacious room with all the usual trappings that you'd expect. The atmosphere in the hotel was great with a large French contingent staying due to the rugby match the following day and this only added to the weekend; to hear a room full of Frenchmen singing a full throated version of La Marseillaise was quite something to behold and only made the experience more memorable.
1 night romance trip Mar 12, 2016
Martin
"Upgrade"
Wonderfull service got upgraded to a suite
1 night business trip Mar 7, 2016
"OK hotel with a reasonable price."
The hotel couldn't find my confirmation even though I'd booked at least 12 hours previously. Air conditioning was too noisy to have on during the night and as a result the room was cold when I woke up.
1 night business trip Mar 1, 2016
Calum
"Edn"
Really nice hotel , recently refurbished. Pity no gym.
1 night business trip Mar 1, 2016
"Perfect location"
Great hotel in brilliant location, five minutes walk from Waverley and Princess Street. breakfast was fantastic with plenty of gluten free options.
1 night trip with friends Feb 26, 2016
karen
A great hotel in a great location.
1 night business trip Feb 18, 2016

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

2 night trip with friends Apr 5, 2016

TripAdvisor reviews for The George Hotel

"Great hotel , perfect location"
04/27/16 NewYorkSnake new york
Super clean, great staff, 5 minutes walk from the castle... The bar and the cafe is wonderfull, had great time there... Only thing it was a little weird is the way to get to the rooms, hotel has 3 elevators and you got lost easy since 1 elecator only stops in several floors, but after 10 minutes it was ok..
"Lovely Hotel but rooms where really small"
04/27/16 wendyandlee Wirral, United Kingdom
Perfect location, very helpful staff and newly refurbished to a high standard. However the place did have a very strong smell of paint, and the room was really small considering the price of the stay. Don't think we would book again.
"Very comfortable Hotel in a great location"
04/26/16 kaylo35 Wolverhampton
Very well situated, The George Hotel provided the perfect base for my husband, friends and I to explore Edinburgh. Newly refurbished rooms were comfortable and well appointed. The staff were all very pleasant and eager to please. The 'Printing Press' bar situated within the hotel offered a place for good food and a great atmosphere on friday and saturday evening. We will definitely use The George again next time we come to Edinburgh.
"Charming hotel with even more charming staff"
04/25/16 SaS02110 Boston, Massachusetts
Very welcoming staff. On checkin the concierge sat down with us when we went to get coffee to go over an area map with suggestions on what to do in limited time frame. Every interaction was positive and people genuinely went out of their way to be helpful Our room (2 twin beds) was incredibly spacious and accommodating Location is perfect.
"great hotel, central lovely rooms."
04/25/16 cornishbadger bodmin moor
We have stayed here a few times. We do a shopping trip each Christmas to Edinburgh. The George is right in the centre. Easily within reach of princes gardens, old town, Holyrood etc. Rooms are great, hotel has that luxurious feel you want. When we stay in town, we choose between here and the raddison. You won't be disappointed with either.
"Absolutely stunning"
04/25/16 claralivisla Glasgow, United Kingdom
This hotel was one of the most luxurious I have been in for a long time. From the lovely welcome at the front door to the fluffy dressing gown awaiting me in the most beautiful room. The food, drink and hotel staff were first class from start to end. The only downside was the fire alarm going off at 6am and being evacuated to the street outside in pyjamas, after speaking to some other guests it became apparent this is a regular occurrence! Not good when you have had a few glasses of wine the night before !!
"Amazing Stay"
04/25/16 Casey368 Kildare, Ireland
My partner and I stayed in this simply beautiful stylish modern hotel this month and I could not fault one thing with the stay . The room was amazing . The hotel decor is simply stunning the staff are so pleasant and helpful . The breakfast and dinner we had while their was delicious . Amazing location it's just a must we will be back soon 100%!!
"Lovely Hotel "
04/24/16 Knoxy53 Seascale, United Kingdom
Just spent a couple of nights here and I would definitely return, it is perfectly situated on George Street for all the attractions and all the bars and restaurants in the area. Our room (402) was on the side of the hotel and I didn't notice any road noise. The hotel has recently undergone a refurbishment and the rooms are tastefully decorated with good quality furnishings. The staff are very pleasant and attentive and really look after you, the only grumble I have is that I was charged £13 for a glass of red wine and a diet coke which I think is a bit steep? I paid just a little more for a Martini and another cocktail in the Dome which is just over the street.
"Royalty"
04/22/16 Tahiti77 McCloud, California
This hotel was like a palace . All staff where so kind and helpful. Always attention to details very fast. So clean and great location. Would like to live there . Will be back . Dave and Michele Orluskie .
"Central location with comfort"
04/21/16 MadeleineH4
I booked this hotel via a sister hotel website at a cost of £103 per night and when I entered the building tired and scruffy from a long drive I thought I was in the wrong place as the entry was opulent and impressive. As it turned out the price of the room that they gave me (double delux) is usually in excess of £1,000 per night but they honoured my booking. I counted myself extremely lucky as the room was the best I had ever stayed in, so comfortable and relaxing with awesome views of the harbour, food cooked to perfection and a hop skip and a jump to the near by attractions such as Edinburgh Castle, cafes galore and good shopping. The staff were so friendly and helpful and would highly recommend this hotel and city.