All hotels in Barcelona, Spain
La Rambla, 109; (entrance on the streetPintor Fortuny), BarcelonaBarcelona08002Spain, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Beach
  • Wellness Area
    Great wellness & sports facilities
  • Value for money
    Poor value for money
Great location on La Rambla, staff is very helpful with questions around tourist locations. The only complaint I have is restaurant recommendations since we asked the front desk staff twice and both places they recommend were not good. One was average and other horrible.
Other trip May 31, 2015
"Great Boutique Hotel right by Las Ramblas!"
My wife and I took a three-week Mediterranean honeymoon trip, and Barcelona was our first stop. We chose Hotel 1898, and have absolutely no regrets!! They were able to get us into a room as soon as we arrived from the airport (far before official check-in time), and even offered to upgrade us. Our bellman, Jaume, was absolutely fantastic, friendly, and infinitely helpful. The room was great - the hotel is very high-tech, with mood lighting, great A/C, and a spacious in-room safe. The only tick against the room was the bed. I think that the bed was composed of two smaller beds attached together. This made for an uncomfortable centerline in the middle of the bed. Other than that, the hotel was immaculate!!! The small issue was not enough for me to recommend another hotel. With the location, beauty, and service, I absolutely recommend anyone visiting Barcelona to stay at Hotel 1898!
Other trip May 28, 2015
Jamie
"After cruise."
It is a beautiful hotel! Great location, reasonable rates and the rooftop patio is superb!!
Other trip May 20, 2015
Bob & Elaine
"Lovely hotel"
The room is lovely and the location perfect. The staff could not be better...they truly want their guests to enjoy their visit. I had a medical problem and they made an appointment for me that fit into my itinerary. Fabulous hotel.
Other trip May 19, 2015
"Fabulous hotel right on La Rambla!"
Hotel 1898 was an amazing way to end our transatlantic trip to Barcelona! We took a cruise on RCL that ended in Barcelona and found this hotel on Trip Adviser and we were thrilled! It's in a great location right on La Rambla, the staff were all very friendly and helpful and the hotel itself was just beautiful. The rooftop pool and bar were a huge plus. The cocktails are worth it and the tapas looked delish. Our only problem was having cool water on our first morning, but it was taken care of by later in the day. Also worth noting that the restaurant just outside the hotel (Luzia) was fabulous!! Would stay here again in a heartbeat!
2 night romance trip May 13, 2015
Kristen
"Excellence on Las Ramblas"
Service was excellent staff helpful including with reservations for Flamenco and Bus Tours, taxi arrangement etc...Rooms clean nice acountrrements and nice HD TVs. Only glitch the signage when checking in by car its not on Las Ramblas and if you miss the turn before entrance, you have to drive around ten minutes to get back to turn. Not a bid deal but woudl be helpful to know in advance.
Other trip May 15, 2015
"Elegance with Service, Location and Convenience"
A travel partner and I shared a room after a cruise and were concerned about our suitcases. No problem. The small room had an excellent design. The hotel couldn't have offered better service with our towels being continually changed and their informed assistance and customized Google maps when inquiring about locations. The decor is stunning and the location couldn't have been better. It was a great place to walk from. Thoroughly worth the cost.
2 night trip May 11, 2015
Janus
"Good choice"
Loved this hotel - great location, great service and beautifully appointed. The room was a little small we would upgrade to a bigger room next time. The breakfast on the terrace on the 7th floor is a fabulous experience not to be missed - be sure to call in advance as they have limited tables.
3 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Regenbaum
"Exceeded My Expectations"
I normally stay in 4 star hotels (nothing overly fancy or expensive, but I am very picky). In my humble opinion, this hotel is what you hope every hotel will be. Every staff member, whether it be the front desk, the valet, house keeper, bartender, etc., was incredibly nice and helpful. The gentleman who checked us in at the front desk spent time helping us gain our bearings and understand the city and was just incredibly kind. The hotel itself is perfectly situated on Las Ramblas and the amenities inside exceeded our expectations. The pool grotto is a nice respite from the city, the rooftop terrace is an exciting way to start and end your day, the room was lovely (fresh robes every day, nice sheets, china teacups, gorgeous bathroom, high ceilings). I LOVE this hotel and would stay here again without question. After exploring the city, I very much looked forward to returning to this hotel each night. I am so glad that I trusted the other reviewers' opinions and chose to stay here. I cannot wait to return and hope this hotel always keeps the same high standards.
Other trip May 8, 2015
"Highly Recommend"
My husband and I stayed at Hotel 1898 for 3 nights in April. It was a great choice. The location was great-off La Rambla but quiet and close to airport bus and metro. The rooftop deck is wonderful. Our room was not ready when we arrived in the morning so we went to the deck to relax and take a nap until our room was ready. The service for drinks/food was a little slow during busy times during our stay but the view and layout made up for it. Our room and bathroom were spacious and very clean. The beds comfortable. The front desk very helpful with directions and dining suggestions. I would highly recommend this hotel.
3 night romance trip Apr 9, 2015
hotel was in perfect locatin on the rambla and close to everything. the 1898 restaurant was great and service was excellent. I went at 8pm. and most diners came at 9pm. or later. break fast service was slow at rooftop restaurant, but the views and ambiance made up for it.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
"Hotel and staff are great.Bar is slow rooms smell."
Everything was great except the bar service is slow and the rooms smell of sewer gas.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
VC
"Truly remarkable should have 5 stars not 4"
The hotel is an oasis of a calm and luxury in a location that is central to all. The staff were incredibly helpful and accommodating, and the lobby immediately relaxes you from the frenetic scene outside on La Rambla. The rooms have pre-programmed settings for lighting - intelligently thought out - a very modern touch. The bathroom was especially large for Europe and had a deep soaking tub with a rain-head shower, as well as a typical European hand-held, and a full glass sliding door so the room stays dry. The big mirror had anti- fogging by a heater from behind. I would build this in my own house. Don't miss the wonderful rooftop lounge and swimming pool, or the basement spa. It will be our first choice next time! You won't be disappointed. And lots of plugs - now that we all need to plug in our mobile devices.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
"Beautiful Hotel"
I went to this Hotel due to the good review in Tripadvisor.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
MIRIAM
"Great location, great look"
I booked this place for a special treat from my budget hotels. The place is very well decorated. Our room had a private interior outdoor space that was really a treat from the noisy Ramblas. The room was decorated beautifully and we loved using the pool and spa facilities in the basement. Unfortunately, our bed was horrible. I had trouble sleeping. I could feel the springs through the mattress cover. I have never encountered this problem and it did not meet my expectation of comfort. I hope that the hotel will add a better mattress pad because otherwise, I would definitely recommend this place.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Ana
"Barcelona was great"
Delightful
3 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
catherine
"a nice place to stay in BCN"
we arrived an hour earlier than check-in - which was not a problem. We were given a room upgrade, at no additional cost, which we didn't learn until checkout. We liked everything about our stay (which lasted an extra day) and had no complaints.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"I"
"Great central location for La Rambla action"
Great corner room over La Rambla- be sure to ask for an interior room if the weekend night 'partying' noise bothers you - revelers on the streets were noisy until the wee hours of morning!
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
"great location"
Excellent service, very friendly staff. Great location for shopping and restaurants
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
"Las Ramblas"
Awesome from top yo bottom!!!!
6 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
"Lovely Hotel"
Very clean, comfortable, quiet, lovely hotel. Great cafe next door, right off La Rambla--great location for tourists.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Centrally located hotel with maximum comfort."
Located right on La Rambla with easy access to all of central Barcelona's best features, this hotel is a jewel in the heart of the city.
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
Claude
"Great hotel. Awesome location."
Loved Hotel 1898. Came to visit our daughter studying in Barcelona. Location was excellent. Literally walked out the door to best restaurants and shops. Hotel had such character. Staff was friendly and helpful. Beds were very comfortable. I am tough to please when it comes to hotels and I would definitely recommend this hotel
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
megan
"Must stay!"
Amazing!! Perfect location - design was impeccable and staff met special requests with a smile! Tip: bring your own iron and conditioner
4 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
Christine
"Old World Charm right on Las Ramblas"
The perfect hotel in the perfect location! Las Ramblas is literally steps outside - its 0.7 mile walk to one of the Gaudi houses (Casa Batllo) and La Boqueria is only 0.2! The front desk arranged an amazing dinner for us at Pla that was just delicious and perfect for our last night in town The parking is a bit interesting as its on a plaza that is packed most evenings but someone from the hotel will help you get in & out! It was great having dedicated parking as we needed a car for the rest of our trip Everyone was so nice and helpful ... definitely grab a drink at the hotel bar as they are perfect little sips. My only regret is only having one night at this gem!
1 night romance trip Feb 17, 2015
Great recommendations from staff. Very high quality place, rooms and Spa very nice. All over great place to stay and location
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"Great hotel, best location, but..."
A great hotel in a perfect location. Just be aware that one can hear the rumble of the subway line running under the hotel in some of the rooms on the lower floor. I could hear it in my room, but it did not bother me.
3 night trip Jan 30, 2015
"Perfect location. Uncomfortable beds."
Hotel 1898 is in the best possible location in one of the best cities in the world. The hotel itself is beautiful. The staff are completely attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. The indoor pool and facilities are really impressive. The only complaint we had was the comfort of the actual beds. They seemed to have only king sized beds and twin beds. Most hotels don't seem to understand that king size beds are never as comfortable as queen size beds. That said, these king size beds were as still as wood. When we mentioned this, we were told that they were in the process of replacing all the beds in the hotel. So they switched us to another room. The bed was no better in the new room. For our last night, we finally figured out how to fix the problem. The hotel offers four different types of pillows. We ordered an additional 6 pillows, placed them under the comforter, and then used the additional throw from the closet, and we had an amazing night's sleep. Other than the bed, this hotel rocks. And now that we figured out how to get the beds to be more comfortable, we would stay here again without hesitation.
5 night romance trip Jan 20, 2015
"Beautifull in every detail"
The service was perfect. Warm welcome with more comodities you can imagine. The hotel is even more espectacular in person. I will come back. Excellent hotel
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
"Perfect Barcelona hotel"
Exceptional hotel. Great location, tremendous service, terrific rooms and facilities. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would go back in a heartbeat!
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Pete
"Sumptuous, luxury hotel in the heart of Barcelona."
Can't say enough great things about this hotel. Worth every penny. I typically stay at Ritz- Carlton, Starwood, 4Seasons hotels, but I love the vibe of a W, or Standard hotel, San Francisco style. This hotel surpassed all expectations on my first trip to Spain-food, location! Ask for Jaime
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
Terri
"couple's paradise"
Beautiful hotel with wonderful amenities, all perfectly situated in the center of the city but without the noise of being directly on La Rambla
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
"Great Hotel, Indoor pool hot tub could be better"
Really great hotel and in a very good location as well. In the heart of LaRambla and close to the Gothic quarter. Metro and bus station close by. We were there over Christmas, the Rooftop pool was heated and amazing, it could have been bigger but nonetheless good. The indoor pool and hot tub in the lower level was bit of a disappointment; it was small, the water was not very warm.
5 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
Chetan
My only complaint was that some of the rooms are subject to significant vibration and noise when the metro passes by. I was initially put into one of these rooms, but I asked to switch. The staff was very good about arranging a new room for me. Otherwise, I loved the hotel. The location can't be beat, it has a great feel, I loved the rooftop deck/pool and the spa pool downstairs. The breakfasts were amazing.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"This hotel was amazing!"
We loved staying at this hotel. You are in the middle of everything but yet once you walk inside the hotel you don't hear any noise. We would definitely stay there again and refer family and friends to this hotel.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Ramon
"Great location and helpful staff"
Hotel 1898 is very centrally located on La Rambla and easy walk to many areas including the wonderful Boqueria market, the Gothic Quarter, the on/off bus location at Catalon Plaza, and even the water front (a bit longer walk but still very doable). The staff at front desk seemed to speak all the major languages very fluently and were extremely helpful with directions, recommendations for dinner, and made dinner reservations for us several times. Since we were there over the Christmas holidays, many restaurants were not open, but they were very persistent to check the websites or call different options to find one that was open and had reservation openings. They also ordered us a taxi to airport that came quickly and was comfortable. Hotel is also quite new or maybe just newly remodeled, but decor and furnishings were top notch. All around, a wonderful hotel and highly recommended.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
NC2Chicago
"perfect Hotel"
The hotel was awesome. We loved the the location on Las Rambles. The hotel is fantastic. The room, and staff were outstanding. We would definitely staff there again, and highly recommend this hotel. They sent a bottle of champagne up to our room for my birthday too! There are lovely places near by for breakfast.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
gayle
Perfect experience! We had a great time and would stay here again.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
"Easy location without a car"
From airport take aerobus to the last stop- €5.90 and the final stop is about 3 blocks from the hotel. Hotel is gorgeous, staff are really nice and helpful (we splurged on this trip- so we aren't used to this nice) rooms are huge by European standards. Beds are okay, metro goes by underground every 3-8 min and rumbles the place (not from 12am-6am). Had a room on the corner of las ramblas and wasn't bothered by street noise much, got used to the metro a couple days in- and were up late enough most nights that it was done by the time we went to bed.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Shelcy
"Practically perfect location and nice inside too"
I only made a one day stopover at this hotel and took one of the rooms with a roof terrace, which was huge. Huger than the bedroom but who's complaining? Great service by all the staff and this is a stylish place right on the Ramblas. Not cheap even by European standards but I thought it was good value. They also have spas and a restaurant but I didn't have time to try them. I'll definitely go back sometime.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
Claude
"Junior Suite"
The junior suite was to our expectations, however I would've expected the hotel to be decorated with the Christmas spirit. I would recommend a Christmas tree to bring out the wonderful holiday season.
Other trip Dec 6, 2014
RED
"Barcelona visit."
The service and accommodations were excellent.
5 night family trip Nov 23, 2014
Phil
"Boutique hotel on La Rambla"
Hotel has a central location for touring Barcelona: it is on the main pedestrian mall, running between the Gothic quarter with its tiny streets and the slightly newer section, also with tiny streets. Catalunya Plaza is at one end, where all the tour buses and subway stops are located. The beach is at the other end. It is at the expensive end of the spectrum of hotels in the area but if you can afford it, it is well worth it. The restaurant downstairs (Lobo) is very nice as well. Our hotel room was an oasis of quiet in the middle of a busy city.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Janet
"Great location!"
Enjoyed the hotel, great location, nice spa facility. The roof top deck and pool looked fab but we visited in November In the rain so we did not get to experience the rooftop. Great restaurants next door in either direction.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
Delphine
Clean , nice staff, great location. Room could be a bit better at that price. Breakfast too expensive.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
Ori
"Fantastic Hotel right on Las Ramblas"
The 1898 is right on Las Ramblas, so an easy Airport Bus ride to Plaza Catalunya. Our room looked at on an interior courtyard which eliminated any noise from Las Ramblas. We were around the corner from the elevator and the only noise was other quests walking to their room and taking rather loudly, especially when it is 3 am. The room itself was large with a full bath and large bath tub. Our turn down service included cloth mats by our beds and chocolates. They really go the extra mile to make sure you are comfortable. The only negative was the TV choices. The only English channels were news, investment, and the US Congress which we do not even watch when in the US. After walking all the sights during the day a nice movie to unwind would have been nice but we had our e-readers.
3 night trip with friends Nov 13, 2014
"Great 4 star hotel in Madrid"
Good location, overall experience was good - staff is superb and very helpful. The room was nice and we got what we expected to pay for!
"Nice hotel great staff"
Amazing location great facility nice staff I recommended to all friends
murad
"Amazing hotel at La Rambla in Barcelona"
Great hotel and friendly staff (special thanks to Ms. Fanny). Close to all attractions, restaurants. Very safe, clean and high quality. Rooms with balcony are a little bit expensive but worth every penny. Direct access to Starbuck's where you can eat delicious sandwiches and drink nice tea/coffee for reasonable price. Or you may want to order a nice omelette to your balcony. Indoor swimming pool and spa is available.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
Bulent
"Wonderful hotel, would like to stay again !"
Great gardenia smell, super clean! Pleasant stay with security. You can tell how modern works in a very charming historical building ! A good choice makes my family very happy.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014