All hotels in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2301 N. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC, 29577-3244, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.6
7 night romance trip Oct 21, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Boardwalk Beach Resort

"Gross! "
05/18/15 Teresa F Lake City, Florida, United States
Before I bash the place I would like to say that it is in a great location close to a variety of restaurants and literally three blocks from the convention center which is why we were in Myrtle Beach. I was traveling with my daughter's dance team and were attending a dance competition. First off, the office where you check in, is a separate building across the street from the hotel towers. When we checked in, our reservation was in the south tower. The first sign that this was going to be interesting was when they handed us old school metal keys. We made our way to the south tower and I immediately was a little creeped out. We got to the room and the keys would not unlock the doors so they had to send a maintenance man over to open the room. I took about two steps into the room and covered my nose and walked out. It was seriously the most outdated, musky hotel room that I have ever laid eyes on. Certainly not what is posted in the photos. We went back to the office to change rooms. I am currently undergoing cancer treatment (with a compromised immune system) and I stated to the staff that I was NOT staying in that room. One of the staff members followed my remark with "I wouldn't either!" They gladly upgraded our room to a more modern room in the Main tower for an additional charge. Even still, I wouldn't consider the upgrade a "great" room either. One positive thing I can say is that the shower was nice and big with plenty of room to move around and the housekeeping staff was always happy to accommodate us. I will NEVER stay there again
"ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!!"
04/29/15 Maria R Ijamsville, Maryland
Our family booked through Elliott Realty...1st mistake! The room was OLD AND OUTDATED! The TV in the bedroom sat on top of a coffee table which was placed on the dresser to be able to watch the SMALL 32" from bed! Our toilet ran all night, the smoke detector beeped all night, the tub backed up to you knees while showering and the living room AC unit was so loud it could not be turned n. The next morning I called Elliott Realty. Late that afternoon they sent a handyman who fixed everything BUT the AC....understandably so they said they'd call the AC people. THEY NEVER DID. I contacted Elliott Realty's Myrtle Beach manager, Marty (AFTER 2 OR 3 MESSAGES) who assured me his "Marketing Department" would call me to "make up for it".... 3 WEEKS LATER AND I HAVE YET TO HEAR FROM ANYONE!!! I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND BOARDWALK BEACH RESORT OR ELLIOTT REALTY!!!!
"Location Location"
04/08/15 Misterchips666 Parry Sound, Canada
Great location and room. We had a one bedroom condo overlooking beach. Full kitchen was handy. Room is a lititle tired and could use some updating but was clean. Walk to main part of strip and close to Broadway on the Beach and most golf courses.
"I LOVE THIS PLACE !!!"
01/26/15 Sylvia W Brechin, Ontario, Canada
I have been here a month and I am staying for 2 more. The staff is friendly and helpful, the various pools and outdoor furniture and grounds are nicely kept up. I did not bring my car here and I have no trouble getting around. It's all within walking distance to banks, grocery, and restaurants. Taxi's are very inexpensive. My room is nicely decorated and I love the balcony overlooking the ocean. I never get tired of watching the waves and the seabirds. I love the jet tub and the very comfy couch on which I have had many naps on.
"nice property"
01/09/15 y580818 mi
we went there in early December 2014. the weather was very nice around lower to upper 60Fs. it was a little quite not many guests. we stayed in the main tower which is much better than other buildings in that resort. the view from the room's balcony is very amazing. we can see ocean, beach and Sunrise there in the morning if the weather is good. the pool and Jacuzzi are heated. we preferred lower level since it is more comfortable looking over the balcony and we don't have to use elevator which is headache specially in the Summer peak season. our unit 234 is very clean and nice with two flat screen TV, 32" in living room and 42" in bedroom. we noticed that most of the units in the property are still using 27" tube TV which is not really enjoyable to watch in now days. so it might be wise to ask for the unit with large flat screen TV when making reservation if you are TV buff. the location of this property is very close to main shopping and dinning. definitely will go back again.
"This place has gone to the dogs.."
12/27/14 tammydrawdyjohnson Sumter, South Carolina
We are here now as I type. We stayed here in 2011, it was nice. We were told only thing they had was north tower. We are stuffed in a hole. The room is not the great room we had in main building before. This one is old and out dated. No hot water, so called front desk was told to wait about 20 minutes or so until it get's hot. WHAT?? So we did about 30 minutes later hot water, every time we take a shower it is this way. Then it is so hot, you turn the cold water on just a tad, and it turns cold. Mattress are hard as bricks, we asked for a king, ended up with 2 doubles that are not doubles at all, my husbands feet hang off and these beds are for two children not two adults. The indoor hot tub and pools were blah, the place has went down hill from when we stayed here in 2011.. Last time for me.
""Pay no attention to the negative reviews""
12/06/14 Rodney G Glen Burnie, Maryland, United States
Not the best on the strip , but no where near was it the worst. Good value for the money, had a very nice suite in the main tower, not glamorous, but was what we needed. Beach was right outside the door, nice grounds, big flat screen tv's in both rooms, single jacussi, adequate kitchen, plenty of space for extra travelers..As long as you stay in main tower, you will be fine. Ask for extra pillows! My only complaint was house keeping came a little too early..Kudos to front desk team, they were very polite and prompt.
"Our First Stay at this resort"
11/14/14 sam154980 Barrie, Canada
We visit Myrtle Beach at least once a year and this was our first stay at the Boardwalk. We opted for this hotel as the rate seemed not too bad for off season and it was rather late at night. The room was clean and the pool area looked nice. We asked to make sure that the pools were heated and open as it was off season. We were assured that they were. It was annoying to then see a notice a couple of days later that the main pool area would be closed for one of the days we were there. The reason for the closure was for a film crew which I would hardly considered an unforeseen circumstance and feel that we should have been informed when we were checking in so that we could have made an informed decision on selecting this hotel. The room had basic kitchen equipment for eight but did not include much else. We requested a tea kettle but they were unable to provide one. The maid service was friendly and attentive. Common areas were well tended. There were not many people at the hotel when we were there so that may have helped with the state of cleanliness. Overall we would consider staying there again if the price was reasonable.
"Worst Experience !!!"
11/07/14 abberdoodlesmom Snow Camp, North Carolina
We arrived in Myrtle beach at 11:41pm The hotel had vacancy.The front desk person was not happy about working and made that apparently clear to me at check in.The price was for 2 nights was $345.27 and an addition $10 for key charge.They also charged to use the fun park that was never used. The elevator smelled of urine and vomit. The room was old. Dead roach in the bathroom, also live roach scurried across the bathroom floor. Remote control had no back so batteries visible. The sliding glass door was open and we could not get it to shut. The oven had a makeshift dial with duct tape and red pen saying bake.Dirty bathtub. The comforter smelled like cigarette smoke on both beds.There was something on the comforter on one bed. dirt or something..YUCK. The beds also had no top sheet on the beds just a fitted sheet. The floor was so dirty that when myself and my daughter took our shoes off after thirty minutes in the room they were black. We went to 3 buildings for a soda and snacks and every machine in every building was not working! Worst experience ever. I will not return. I will not refer anyone.
"Hotel has went down hill big time"
10/29/14 panther44 Pomeroy, Ohio
I had stayed here for years every since the first building was built and it was family owned and well taken care of.we had been staying in the main tower since it was built which is the only decent one of the 4 buildings the other 3 need to be destroyed immediately.Any way I stayed in the south building about five years ago and it was horrible and I said I would never go back well dumb me thought I would try it again so we sstayed there for two nights in july because we came two days early and had reservations at another hotel.So we stay in the south tower the frigerator was noy cool at all I am sure the tv was there since the building opened very blury still had trash in the cans rugs were ripped hole in the wall did have fresh towels the balcony door would not lock chair on balcony broke.What really made me upset I cant believe how they let the lazy river go down hill in the main tower it looked like it hasn't been clean in months.This absolutely made me wanted to cry all the childhood memories I had here I would say the original owners would over in there grave if they know how this property has went down hillplease do me a favor please don't stay here you need to run as fast as you can from this property its absolutely hoorible any body that has written a positive comment in the past year I would like to take them a tour of all the rooms on this property I honestly wouldn't stay if it was free.