All hotels in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States of America
2301 N. Ocean Blvd.Myrtle BeachSC29577-3244United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Beach
4 night family trip Sep 2, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Boardwalk Beach Resort

"O.k."
04/10/16 Meghan T
When went and stayed at Boardwalk Beach Resort last year in June. The place was overall average. The room wasn't as clean as possible, the carpet was dirty. But the worst part was definitely the staff. When we would ask questions, they would get angry and then barely help us. That was the only bad part of our trip
"Just Ask To See Room North & Main Tower Were OK"
04/07/16 cnp1 SC
I have stayed here in the past so I knew what to expect. I always ask to see a room before completely checking in. It was Spring Break weekend and several other events cheer, golf, etc. so to get a reasonable priced rate at the last minute was perfect for our group. If you select this property do not select a room in the South Tower it is disgusting and should be closed. It has been disgusting for the past 10 years at least and the management is aware but chooses to do nothing. This trip we had a small group some in the Main Tower and some in the North Tower. My son and I stayed in the North Tower 685. I was pleasantly surprised because I have stayed here before and it seemed not too clean but just ok. The property is showing its age and could use some remodeling. It seems management may not care or has gotten use to discounting rooms. While checking in there were several people complaining requesting full refunds, in one line the gentleman offered a discount before giving full refund and tried to save the customer. The other line the gentleman just issued a refund. The pools closed at 10 and I would have preferred a little longer. No pool towels so we had to go to main office and get more. Another inconvenience. It seems this property has gotten use to doing the bare minimum to stay within legal limits and in business. I told two different people at the front desk a man and woman about the sink and tub being stopped up and they said thanks we will look into it, but never apologized. Also check your bank statement for at least two weeks after the stay to be sure you are not double charged on the pending charges drop off. I would stay at this property again. For what you get I believe it is reasonably priced.
"STAY AWAY!!!!!"
04/02/16 TravelinMom23 Lake Wylie, South Carolina
Our family checked into this disgusting hotel yesterday & couldn't get out fast enough! We were in Myrtle only one night for our daughter's cheer competition. The lobby, which was in a separate building, was very nice but that's the only reason I gave 1-star. As soon as we walked into the South building we realized it was seriously unkept. The elevator looked & sounded like it was about to break down. When we walked into the "2-room-2 bath, jacuzzi suite" (room 720-South) we could not believe this is what we got for $215 a night. The door lock looked like it was broken into several times. The carpet, couch, beds, counters, bathrooms..basically everything was from the 80's at best. Ok..we can handle out dated, but it was also the filthiest room I have ever set foot in. Every inch of every surface & furniture item was covered in stains, tears or filth. We thought we could maybe just deal with it, since it was only one quick night-but the smell of the room was making the kids nauseated. I should also mention that BOTH toilets did not flush!!! So we went to complain & told them we just wanted to leave. We could not imagine any other room being an improvement just from looking around. The manager was not helpful at all & did not seem to care. We were told we could not get any compensation, but if we were to have been staying for several nights they would have only kept the first night fee & dropped the rest. So because we were only booked for one night we were out of luck. Hopefully I can save other families from the misery of this place. Do not waste your time or money at this place, there are several nice hotels on the oceanfront strip.
"Disgusting. Unacceptable."
03/16/16 vannadesmarais Durham, New Hampshire
One of the most misleading and horrible placed I've ever walked into. Bugs everywhere and smelled awful. The lady checking us in was so rude. We demanded a refund in full which they did give us. The woman who worked with us for the refund was very nice, unlike her awful co-worker who had checked us in an hour before. Do not even consider staying here. This place is disgusting and crawling with bugs.
"Terrible Terrible Terrible "
03/13/16 USMARINE4U Minot, North Dakota
Went here for dance cheer competition! Room pictures on website are not what you get! Bought ocean front got side ocean view ! Charged my card twice ,shower handle fell off,toilet runs,sliding doors real hard to close ! Carpet dirty! Oh you can smoke in this hotel also that was left off website! Plus you can smoke other things in this hotel also both our neighbors partied until 230 am. When I had to be up at 8 am called security to ask them to quiet down nothing ever happened! Hotel office manager some lady" don't deal with her she's about as bright as a blade of grass !!Don't go here!!!
"Main Tower "OK""
02/21/16 kwinty Lumberton, North Carolina
I stayed overnight with my sister and her family for one night. It is very dated, and you get what you pay for. Room was clean for the most part, carpet needs to be replaced. Bathroom was clean. Lazy river pool outdoors was being freshly painted and prepped for the summer. Indoor pool was nice and warm... Jacuzzi had way to much chlorine, the moment you got in, your eyes were burning. Honestly I'd spend an extra $50 bucks a night and upgrade to a better resort. I've been going to Myrtle since I was born and you can find better places to stay.
"Wonderful"
02/18/16 Elaine B
I just retired from work and needed a place to destress. This condo was this and more. I throughly enjoyed my month long stay at this immaculate, safe, convient, ideal location,beach front with amazing sunrises & sunsets that took your breath away. I would recommend this to anyone. pOol & jacuzzi were excellent. Grounds were well kept. Not one complaint from me!
"great and clean"
02/17/16 sgtslayer05 Fayetteville, North Carolina
my review is a little late but here it is....me and my wife went down for a night feb-13-14 check in was a breeze the lady that helped us was super polite we stayed in room 341 it was the intimate king jaquzzi the room was super clean nice flat panel tv balcony with ocean view the property was very clean pools clean we only had one problem as 1 jet was out in the tub but that was no big deal to us I would recommend this resort to stay close to all the fun stuff and good restaurants thank boardwalk for the great stay
"Thanksgiving break"
12/02/15 lopezma2015 Greenville, North Carolina
I stayed in the Main Tower , which was nicer than the North or South towers. Pools and lazy river were great , the outdoor pool was heated up everyday . restaurants and gift shops are within walking distance .Easy access to the beach , clean rooms wonderful staff, housekeeping came everyday to see if i need fresh towels or any housekeeping services .Overall i would stay again!!!
"The room was adequate, needs a lot of updating. It was clean, very important!!!"
10/21/15 Phyllis D Roanoke, Virginia
I stayed at the North Tower, I had heard that the Main Tower was a lot nicer, but was also $200 more. The pools and lazy river were great and clean. They had construction going on at one pool, also heard that they had been working on that for ONE year. ??? Very close to the beach. I liked that. There were also quite a few restaurants within walking distance. The cafe was not open this year, that was disappointing. I would stay here again.