All hotels in Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here501 Southwest Blvd, Kansas City, KS, 66103, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Mediocre"
Hotel was comfortable and staff was friendly. Common areas were a bit unkept and dirty. All in all it was just ok. Nothing fantastic but nothing horrible.
1 night trip Apr 18, 2015
Wendy
"Good and pleasant choice"
Staff were friendly at my arrival and departure, handling some customers ahead of me at checkout who were angry about matters apparently beyond the hotel's control with professional dignity. Breakfast on both days was very good and conveniently served from 7-10 a.m. Whoever cleaned my room before I got there missed the fridge, because there was an uncovered leftover pizza on a cardboard tray. Otherwise the room was ship-shape and comfortable. The neighborhood isn't all that exciting from what I could tell, but the hotel is located along two important roads and is right next to one of the best Mexican restaurants I've ever eaten at, called Taquería. Right between my destinations for the week, good service, quiet and comfy stay, Oak Tree Inn was well worth the booking.
2 night trip Mar 27, 2015
"cheer getaway"
Nothing like the pictures!
2 night trip with friends Mar 27, 2015
"Nice stay at Oak Tree Inn"
It was better than we expected. Perfect for the price! Staff were nice and pleasant. Appreciated the security vehicles on the parking lot.
1 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
"KC one day get away"
The staff was great. We checked in and when we got to our room, we found it was still in the process of being cleaned. When I went back to the front desk, they were apologetic and quickly and easily got us a new room. The new room was clean and fully functional. I would return to the hotel if I return to the area.
1 night family trip Mar 21, 2015
Jamey
"Weekend in KC"
You get what you pay for. Stayed a saturday and Sunday night. Room didn't get cleaned or restocked by housekeeping, the bedskirts had stains, and the shower had zero water pressure and was either freezing or scalding hot.
2 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2015
Allison
"We Left"
Well we actually didn't stay, we walked in they didnt have our room, they only had a queen single bed (we reserved a king) the receptionist told us where to park to get to our room. As we parked we noticed the bushes had used dirty diapers and trash in the parking lot. We then went in our room, it smelled heavy of cleaner, and was very musty. It was right next to the hot tub, where children were playing, and it was very noisy. We left
2 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
"Great Hotel for the Price"
We decided to go to Kansas City for a weekend getaway. We choose this hotel because of its location near the center of the city. The hotel did not disappoint. Great room, great staff and a great stay.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
"Beds were terrible"
We stayed there because we were traveling with two small dogs. They charged us $25 for each dog. That wasn't stated on the website and we had already prepaid so we were stuck. The worst thing about the hotel is that the linens are threadbare. Sleeping in the bed gave me the creeps. The breakfast was ok and the people were nice but I won't stay there again because of the horrible pillows and linens.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
"Too many in the bed"
Staff were very friendly. Was a bit upset that I had reserved a room with two beds and was given one king. Was a bit awkward having to share a bed with a business partner.
1 night business trip Feb 21, 2015
"Great for a two star"
Everything was great except for stand offish attitudes from the evening staff about local transportation and their shuttle. Nevertheless, I liked this hotel. It was clean and the rooms were big and comfortable. I also found the cleaning staff to be first rate. The neighborhood isn't amazing but it is close to all the great sites in Kansas City, MO.
2 night trip Feb 19, 2015
George E
"Kansas City weekend"
Staff very helpful. Room was very clean. Restaurants nearby. Breakfast was beyond our expectations. Employees servicing the breakfast area were efficient and friendly. This location was close to the Sprint Center .Would definitely stay there again.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
TOM
"Check everything before you keep your room!"
Once we finally found the inn, we really enjoyed the room. The room was clean the the lobby was nice. When we left our room for the first time, we realized our door didn't lock. We went to the front desk and they were very kind and prompt about resolving it. The maintenance man was at our room in under 5 minutes. We had to get our keys reprogrammed to get back into the room. Once we tried the newly reprogrammed keys, we soon realized they did not work. We had new keys made, they did not work either. (the keys did work on the outside doors to the building) The staff tried the master key, and that did not open the door either. They called another staff member in to try to get it to open with some machine to override the lock. While we were waiting for more than 20 minutes in the lobby, we asked for another room to wait in. The staff member happily gave us another room. After about 5 minutes in the new room, they got our old room open and we were able to retrieve our items. We decided to stay in for the rest of the night (in the new room) since it was getting late. We turned the air conditioner on and it rattled all night.. It was too warm to leave it off. The next morning we had decided to take our showers. The tub ran just fine, but when you turned on the shower head, there was barely enough pressure to rinse the shampoo out of your hair. After the disappointment with the shower, we decided to skip the continental breakfast and just leave.
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
"KC biz trip"
nice !!
3 night business trip Feb 5, 2015
Julius
"KC in a snowstorm"
Staff was helpful and courteous. Everything was in working order and clean. The wooden statue of a bald eagle lent a sense of patriotism to the environs.
1 night business trip Jan 31, 2015
"Would stay again"
Room was nice and spacious, had actual queen size beds (not doubles), hotel was nice and quiet and the family was happy with breakfast. Will definitely stay again.
3 night family trip Jan 29, 2015
Raymond
"First timer here"
First time staying here and I was thoroughly satisfied with everything. The staff was nice and friendly. The hotel and rooms were clean and decent. They have a breakfast for you that lasts til 10am most hotels are til 9am so that was a plus we were able to sleep in a little.
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2015
"Another stay"
Once again I was satisfied with our stay here that's why I came back. Friendly, courteous staff. Our room and the hotel is always neat and clean.
1 night family trip Jan 31, 2015
Breakfast and staff responsible for this area were nice. Housekeeping left a lot to be desired. Room was only attended to, towels, trash removed etc, when we spoke to someone requesting these services. Location was centrally located to destination.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
"great visit"
It was great. The tub gets slippery and I would recommend a mat of some kind and a grab rail.
2 night romance trip Jan 26, 2015
Darlene
"services"
The breakfast manager was rude and foregoing for children but it close to where we needed to be and clean
1 night family trip Jan 26, 2015
jonathon
"Sketchy area but hotel staff tops"
Staff all very friendly, however being from out of town, we didn't realize it was in a less than stellar neighborhood, when we arrived for our second night after a long day, we were warned by people in the parking lot that there would be theft going on tonight and we were on the list. Immediately packed up and left, went to the front deal where we were told the security guard was running late, but Shawn the manager instantly said we will be refunding your entire stay, I wasn't expecting any refund, but within one hour he had contacted hotels.com to issue our refund. Can't fault the hotel for being in the middle of a high crime area. Next time I will read ALL reviews.
2 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
Melanie
"Good value in KC"
This is a very nice hotel in a great location. Everything was fine. The toiletries were adequate but minimal. The hallway carpet appeared to need some cleaning and/or replacement.
1 night trip Jan 23, 2015
"Good deal!"
Nice room with a good price.
1 night trip with friends Jan 17, 2015
"WIFI and Bed"
I was used the wifi connective with very slow speed and called to front desk, they didn't able to resolve the issue and As well room and furniture was not clean. food quality also ok.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Jay
"Hotel was close to Hospital."
The stay was nice but overall room not getting cleaned until after 5:00pm and also having to call for more clean towels , my rooms had 2 queen beds which 3 adults shared so therefore I feel that I should have enough towels for us to used.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Nice breakfast. Comfortable room ambiance. Beds were slightly more firm than I prefer and the pillows were small. Otherwise, very comfortable.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"ok"
For a old motel was fine.
1 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
lloyd
"HOTEL CHARGES DIFFERENT FROM THE ON-LINE QUOTE --"
THE STAY WAS GREAT . I DO HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT WHAT WAS CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD BY HOTEL.COM. THE ROOM WAS QUOTED AT $ 33 PER NIGHT. FOR TWO NIGHTS I WAS CHARGED OVER $ 100. PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW THIS WAS CALCULATED OUT FOR THE TWO NIGHTS !
2 night trip with friends Jan 20, 2015
joseph
"SCAM"
Going thru hotels.com...what u pay ...the roomis actually much nicer than the exterior and service might lead u to believe..place is a scam thought...u book here...they got your money...but once u get there a small handwritten sign says must have a credit card..will not accept debit cards..i don't use credit cards...the room is paid for...they weren't going to give it to me...took some heated debate...dirty trick to play on someone depending on a reservation....didn't feel comfortable leaving anything of value in my room..if their people will pull that...who knows what else is going on......
1 night trip Jan 21, 2015
james
"love this Hotel"
hotep is very convienient, close to a lot of places & very clean, comfy & inexpensive
1 night trip with friends Jan 16, 2015
Ronisha
"Great room and Great Price"
Very clean and comfortable room. Enough said. This is requiring more words for my review. So here is my review of expedia review. This will be th last time I use it. I think putting the basic information that I did about my stay would suffice. I am taking time to review something for you and it irriates me that you are unwilling to take what words I have to offer.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"OK if looking for cheap."
Poor bed. No support. Dip in the middle. Hallways not well vacuumed. Hot tub not open when posted, cool temp.
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
"Big Suprise"
A hotel that is much better than it's reviews. Room was comfortable and Breakfast was wonderful. Will stay again.
1 night trip Jan 13, 2015
"I cant wait to come back and I will be back!"
This is an older hotel its not a diamond. But it was a great place to stay and the staff I met there were friendly and more then willing to help. This hospital is great for people needing a place to stay if you have loved ones in KU Medical cause its only a little over a mile away and no horrible traffic. The breakfast was hot and filling. Had eggs, sausage, ham, and biscuits and gravy. Along with cereal and oatmeal, juice and milk. Overall view of my stay: I cant wait to come back and I will be back!
2 night family trip Jan 11, 2015
Casey
the hotel was nice. it was close to the university of Kansas hospital, which was the reason for my visit.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
"Short on Maintenance"
If your looking for nice this is not it.If your just needing sleep and your not too picky about clean, your probably ok. Mostly lack of maintenance and cleaning.Shower head was barely working and blow dryer was'nt working.
1 night family trip Jan 9, 2015
"overall nice"
Friendly staff, very nice place, classy, 5-bar internet signal strength. However, refrigerator made an irritating noise (coolant circulating), food left in the refrig from previous guest, and the exterior door safety latch was broken.
1 night trip Sep 15, 2014
"Room conditions"
Commode was making noise all night, heater was also making noise when it came on. Bed sheets did not look clean, room did not look clean smell bad.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
"one night stay"
Stayed one night - nice clean room and comfortable bed! Had the fire alarm start chirping and they were there within 5 minutes to change the battery
1 night business trip Jan 1, 2015
Angela
"Pleasing for the price"
Considering the price, I was very satisfied with my stay. Breakfast was good and the front desk attendants were very friendly. Each room has fridge and microwave, and the rooms feel clean although very old. Overall I was pleased.
"Room Smell"
Bought a non smoking king size suite which smelled like an ashtray and stale cigarettes. Although the room got charged before us..the most we got out of the stench and discomfort was the door propped open and a cheap industrial mixed cleaner to spray a couple pumps on the carpet and leave the rest to us. Breakfast ended 2 hours before check-out and cards deactivated before check out on me while I was loading. Staff helped us with the problems but didn't solve them for us. I wouldn't stay here again.
"For what it's worth!"
For the price, this hotel is very nice. What makes this hotel amazing is the location. You are about 6 to 8 minutes away from anything you want.. anything! The staff was nice, rooms were clean and big. I really think they are very pleasing.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Mack
"eh it was alright"
The tv remote didn't work so we couldn't watch a movie, we asked for a replacement but nobody knew how to program it. Also, we couldn't take a shower because the water temperature would not regulate and there was absolutely no water pressure. The clerk when we checked in was rude and had her nose in the air. I will say that the room was clean and the bed was comfortable.
Ashley
"Was ok"
I stayed here before and they had a free shuttle bus. This time they told me they didn't have the shuttle bus anymore. I was sad about that but at least they gave me a few phone numbers for a cab.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Rude staff"
The staff was rude and not helpful. The room smelled like smoke. when we booked the room they said the shuttle would be available which we found out was a lie (why we chose this hotel) The staff would not help and even called the police which was ridiculous. I wouldn't want my worst enemy to stay here. Save yourself and book elsewhere.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Fine for a place to sleep."
A little run-down but sufficed for a quick one night stay. Breakfast was warm but tasted kind of old, like maybe they just warmed leftovers from the day before.
1 night business trip Nov 11, 2014
"Creaking sound from room above."
If you stay here, check the carpet and look at the sheets before unpacking. My bottom sheet had some crumbs on it so obviously the sheets had not been changed! Also the carpet had not been vacuumed. My biggest complaint was that the room above creaked loudly when someone walked around. This happened until 1:30am and started again at 5:30am. Needless to say I didn't get much sleep! The plus was the friendly staff.
1 night family trip Dec 13, 2014
"Our KC visit"
We were looking for a reasonable place to stay while in KC. We found Oak Tree and it was very nice.
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
"Oak Tree in gave my room away"
I had a confirmed late check-in and called twice the same evening to confirm that a two bed room would be available when I arrived. When I got to the hotel, no more two bed rooms were available. I do not recommend staying at this hotel if you plan to arrive late.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014