All hotels in Vienna, Austria
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights hereLinke Wienzeile/Ullmannstrasse 71, Vienna, Vienna, 1150, Austria, ‏‎800-491-6126

"A wonderful hotel all around"
The Renaissance Wien is in a great location! Right next to the Meidling Haupstrasse subway station. Daniel at the front desk was very accommodating...originally, I requested adjoining rooms for my family, but when I found out they were facing the street & I was concerned about noise, he promptly found us two rooms right next to each other facing the courtyard. The Canadian gentleman who works in the bar is very friendly as is the concierge. The pool was a hit with our kids too! It's going to be one classy hotel after the renovations are completed!
3 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
Christine
"Nice hotel, close to restaurants and subway."
I spent three nights with my family. The rooms were large enough. Pool on the top floor was special. However, one of the staff members overcharged my breakfast account.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
Omar
"Easy access to U-Bahn"
Great location directly across the street from the U-Bahn and very close to Schoenbrunn Palace. Courteous staff. Very good breakfast buffet. Decent access to Meidling train station if you are coming in by intercity train. Room was clean and comfortable but in need of an update. I haven't been in a hotel room with a tube television in years. Furniture was a little worn, but still confortable. Booked through Hotels.com with free breakfast and WiFi. On arrival they had the breakfast correct but were missing the WiFi on my reservation. After producing Hotels.com confirmation email, they quickly updated my reservation.
2 night family trip May 1, 2014
"pool is not functioning, breakfast not included"
you get nothing for $120 (the cheapest roiom) - not even the pool (promised on the hotel site) and no breakfast
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
"A moderate upscale hotel"
The hotel is located not too far from the Wien OST train station, about ten euros for a taxi ride. Once at the hotel, the Vienna pubic transit is near by. The Schonbrunn Palace and Zoo are within walking distance, although just so. The hotel is large and nicely updated, and even has a roof top pool. Beware the saunna and sun porch unless you are looking for an authentic European experience to share with friends back home. Internet for a fee or 30 minutes free per 24 hour period in the expansive lobby.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"Near Viena main attractions"
The hotel overall was good. There is a Metro Station 200m from the hotel but every extra is really expensive (Parking, Internet, Breakfast, etc.)
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
joao
"Easy access to metro/subway;Super market;restauran"
Very convenient location. Just cross the street, you can get in subway. Nice hotle with high standard service/stuff.
Other trip May 21, 2013
Patty
"Great for Business"
Not convenient for tourists - but a reasonably-priced hotel for business. Great breakfast. Quiet location. The "air" in the room basically moves around the hot air - but not a big deal. Did not see the pool. This is a Marriott.
5 night trip Apr 14, 2013
Port_Yank
"creepy concierge"
The house keeping staff did a great job except the kept coming into our room before we could answer the door. The concierge came into our room while my wife was sleeping to drop off a flyer he could have left at the door. My wife woke up and confronted him and he apologized. Make sure to put up the do not disturb sign if you don't want to wake up with staff members in your room.
Other trip Mar 30, 2013
"Not recomending to stay in the this hotel"
SPA and swiming pool is really small , especially sauna. Steam bat was not in function, staff is not interested for the work. There is no bar in the room, guests must buy stuff on reception.. Not recomend to choose this hotel.
Other trip Jan 19, 2013
Frequent travel
"PLACE A DONT CLEAN SIGN EVERY EVENING OR WAKE AT 8"
FIRST TIME EVER IN A MARRIOTT HOTEL HOUSEKEEPING LADY WAS KNOCKING ON DOORS AT 8 OR 9 AM AND ENTERING ROOM IF NO ANSWER, THIS IS VERY INCONVENIENT AND UNCHARACTERISTIC OF A MARRIOTT ( A AM A FREQUENT MARRIOTT CUSTOMER)
Other trip Jan 6, 2013
"Location ony good for visiting Schonbrunn Castle"
This hotel needs to be updated; our room was rather tired with worn carpeting, shabby wallcovering and furniture. The bathroom was clean but the chipped tiles made it appear dingy and dated. The room was overly warm even after turning the heat off. Opening the window helped cool the room but the street noise was too loud to leave the window open all night. The lack of in room free internet and only 30 minutes of free internet in the lobby per day is a big negative. The hotel is located very conveniently located to the U4 and for visiting the castle but not much else. Few restaurants in the vicinity or any other retail option. Underground parking on site is a plus but expensive. If we visit Vienna again we will most definitely stay in the city proper.
3 night family trip Dec 29, 2012
thedbarz
The hotel is not in the middle of old town, but you can take subway. You can walk to the palace, a must see. There is nothing else around the hotel. Hotel parking is pricy.
Other trip Dec 5, 2012
Paulus
"Great hotel, for familie and short escapes"
Very satisfied with all arrangement, room could be a bit more comfortable, but, partially it was up to our decision on room preference. in any case, very pleased by staff and service. Vienna is beautiful town, and this hotel is settled in almost perfect place. Would recommend to my friends.
Other trip Nov 27, 2012
Mr. D
"Comfortable stay"
Location is very good and the hotel is quite nice and kept clean. No problem; I would go again.
3 night trip with friends Oct 22, 2012
David B
"Good comfort hotel"
Good value for money, next to metro - only 5 stations to center, free wellness center. Breakfast and internet package is too expensive.
Other trip Sep 25, 2012
Jonathan
"Great location! Worse Marriott I've Ever Seen!"
I'd read other reviews of this hotel as having a great location right across the street from the Vienna Metro but with OLD furnishings. That says it all -- it was right across from the Metro while the furnishings in my room were old in style, where the chair seat was ragged. It was the worse Marriott room I've ever seen. It was so-o bad that I assumed Marriott had just bought it, was refurbishing and bringing it up to Marriott's standards and just hadn't gotten to my room. Not so -- I was told it's been owned by Marriott since the 1990's. The lobby was attractive and modern. Furnishings in my room could have been left on the street for trash pick-up before being swiped and pit in the room. The tv channel showed other Marriott Renaissance hotels --which made the Renaissance Wein look like a dump. Very friendly staff, great location, ratty furnishings.
5 night trip Aug 21, 2012
Agnes
"Only one stop on U4 to Schonebrunn Palace,"
Nice hotel,very close to Schonebrunn Palace.Very clean and pleasant ,big comfortable beds,very nice staff.The only thing we were missing was the in room coffee machine .
1 night trip Aug 15, 2012
Everything was perfect. Great breakfast. Close to Schonbrunn Palace and Gardens (10 minute walk, for real). 20 paces out front door is a great inexpensive place to eat. The U-station is just across the street. Airport shuttle arrangement was good.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2012
rwh
"RenaissanceWien"
The hotel was upscale and comfortable with a FABULOUS breakfast spread. The front desk staff were all cool and appropriately helpful, but perhaps that was more "big city" persona than an issue with the hotel staff. The surrounding area was older and held no interest for us, but the U-Bahn station was immediately across the street and changing lines to get to the hostiroc old city center was very easy. We had a king bed that worked well for my 6'7" husband and me, and a roll away bed for our child.
3 night family trip Apr 20, 2012
Kimberly

"Renovation work was very intrusive"
This would be a perfect hotel in which to stay if it wasn't for the renovation work going on, which resulted in audible hammering from 7am and such loud drilling from 9 am that we were forced to leave our room. When we commented on this, we were told that details of the renovation work should have been passed on to us via this website (we had not noticed anything about it when booking but even when looking back at the hotel details on the site now, the level of noise is not noted) and were offered very little practical help with this problem. One of the reception staff did say they would contact the builders about the noise and that there should be none before 9 am, but there was still noise the next morning. We felt that there was no interest in doing anything about our complaint.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Marta
"So many hotels. I made a mistake."
Under extensive renovations. Service in lounge was terrible one evening. I walked out after an hour. I turns out that my order was not even placed in the kitchen. I visited during shift change for the waiting staff. I was plainly forgotten. A shame too, because the dinner the previous evening was excellent. Despite the poor service, I received no apology and had to pay for my beer. Seems there was a distinctly lower level of service - not what I expected from an International Lodging Chain. Pitty.
2 night trip Oct 24, 2014
Brent
"Very nice hotel."
The hotel location is great. Right next to the subway station, you can be downtown in a few minutes. Also, just 1 stop from the popular Schonbrunn palace and zoo. Price was quite affordable for the quality of hotel. The breakfast (hot & cold) buffet is great (with homemade waffles and omelets on demand). However, you'd better have it included in your room rate, otherwise it cost 25E per pers. The pool is nice and opened decent hours.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
"Comfortable relaxed environment"
Visited for 2 nights with a couple of colleagues for a business trip - had been recommended to use this hotel by our clients. Very welcoming staff despite late arrival and immediately had a positive feeling about the place. All facilities were good - from the underground car park (not full), speedy lifts, immaculate rooms with good showers, choice of breakfast options (we chose continental as it was cheaper - but was still more than adequate) and v. pleasant bar. All in all, a great base to work from.
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
X1EJM
Brilliant buffet breakfast, friendly staff, great location, 15 minutes from palace and two minutes from underground.
3 night romance trip Aug 4, 2014
Female 48
"It was nice but maybe not for me!"
When me and my two children arrived, after a 15 hour Tain journey, nobody helped us in with our bags, although there was a man to do this in the lobby. The hotel also took 50 euros a night fee which was not made clear when I booked the hotel. I did not have a credit card so they took it from my debit card and gave me £250 euros back in cash, I was not happy about this at all as I was then travelling to Italy with all that cash on me. They tried to say Internet wasn't included in my booking yet on my confirmation it said high speed Internet included and I had to show them this to prove it, they did not seem too happy about this. There was no kettle, tea or coffee in the room, and breakfast wasn't included, there was a coffee machine down the hall for a conference that lasted 3 days of my stay, so I used that as I wasn't paying 3 euros each time I wanted a coffee! Sorry but for such a upper class hotel you would expect tea and coffee in the room for comfort. Yes the beds and cusions were comfy and it was clean enough but I did notice little flies everyday and spider cobwebs in the corners of the room. One big bonus is the swimming pool. My kids loved that and it meant we didn't need to venture out each day. The hotel is close to the palace but everything else is far and I found it hard to navigate round. I have stayed in many hotels with my children in 6 weeks of travelling Europe and this was my least favourite so we checked out a day early. Maybe just not for me!
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
bekki
"Decent city hotel - good value"
Had a good stay at the Renaissance Wien. The hotel reception was very smart and staff helpful. Breakfast was good quality. The pool was OK but gym pretty limited. Bedroom was fine, and bed comfy, but bedroom décor and condition a bit disappointing after the reception area. However, this was acceptable based on the relative price to other similar hotels in Vienna at the time. Also very convenient for the U-bahn station (U4) allowing quick access to city centre and Schonbrunn Palace.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Not the best service..."
When checking in we were not met with very friendly service... The lady handeling check in told me I had to pay an extra fee for extra bed in the room - even though everything was prepaid! I tried to explain, but she "made me" sign a paper that I agreed to be charged for this fee. She said I needed to find a receipt to show that everything was paid for. When checking out, I showed them the receipt, and the fee was removed(after "arguing" with three people at the front desk first!! Very unpleasant....) The pool was nice, and the kids enjoyed it:-) Food in the restaurant was good, but be aware that they put appetizer on the table(thinking it is complimentary) and then charge you for it when you get the bill... The music in the restaurant was very noisy and unpleasant:-( Other than that, the service was good in the restaurant. I found the rooms to be very standard, and looks more like 3 star than 4 - in my point of view. Location, close to the tube station was good.
4 night family trip May 28, 2014
Not too impressed guest
"A gem near the Schöbrunn Palace"
Incredibly helpful staff, clean, spacious and quiet room. The bed were perfect, with abundant pillows for our needs. Every question we asked to the employees, from the bagage handlers (rarely seen men as profesionnal as them!) to the reception desk staff, was answered promptly and with courtesy, from restaurant suggestions to cell phone help. I have rarely been so satisfied of an overall hotel staff. Just a big wow.
Other trip May 26, 2014
Edith
"Renaissance Wien city break"
A great location for a city break just 100m from the underground, a few stops from the city centre and one stop to Schonebrunn Palace. Rooms on the back of the hotel (away from the main road) are incredibly quiet. Roof-top pool-room provides a great panorama of the city, albeit you cannot see it whilst swimming! Staff were very friendly and helpful at all times. Hotel feels very slightly 1980's with the room décor and huge CRT TVs but everything was in good order didn't detract from our enjoyment of the stay.
Other trip May 21, 2014
Gavin
"Lovely holiday"
We stayed there for 5 nights to explore Vienna over the Easter holidays. The room and bathroom were spacious and clean. Since we don't spend much time in the hotel wherever we go, it was perfect for our needs. The underground line directly into the city center is literally across the street and takes only a few minutes. Schloss Schoenbrunn, which is definitely worth a visit is within walking distance or one stop on the underground the other way. The hotel staff was very helpful suggesting local restaurants to experience proper Viennese food and places worth visiting we had not thought about before. The only negative thing is the crazy prices for using their WiFi. Luckily we had it included in the price of the room and didn't have to pay the daily rates.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
Bea W
We (couple) have been staying in this hotel for 3 nights during Silvester and booked this hotel, happy knowing that there is the possibility of Gym and Spa.Overall the hotel was ok (quality/price) but the gym was a small room crowded with machined, which were partially broken and the Spa area overall didnt look very nice and comfortable. The location of the hotel was ok, very close to Bellevue and a tram station near by to go to the center (walking might take 30-45mins).
3 night romance trip Dec 30, 2013
"Warm welcome, easy transport links"
Easy to get to by car, sited in the suburbs of Vienna off main routes. There is a U4 (underground/subway) station across the road and this line takes you into the centre of Vienna in around 10 minutes for a little over two euros. Despite being so close to a major road, the hotel was very quiet. There is a large underground car-park, but I thought the fee of 25 euros per 24hrs a little expensive. (I wish hotels.com would add a field for parking costs when searching as this can make a big difference to overall costs.) My room was comfortable and clean and a typical size for a european hotel. A very friendly welcome from reception staff and a swimming pool too. I would certainly stay here again.
1 night trip Oct 22, 2013
"No notice of guest's wishes"
When I checked this on Expedia the room was described as double/twin. When I completed the booking the it came up as a double room so I rang the hotel to ask that this would be changed to a twin room. I was assured that this would be done. When we arrived at the hotel and got to the room it turned out to be a double room resulting in embarrassment. Despite the facilities of the rest of the hotel any establishment which cannot act on the simple instructions of a customer does not deserve any recommendation.
Other trip Jul 18, 2013
"A very pleasant stay"
This hotel is very well located with a U4 station right at its door. The hotel lobby is elegant and always staffed with friendly faces. The bar at the back of the ground floor is charming, offering free coffee early in the morning and ambiance for a lively late night with happy hour and yummy snacks. The room was comfortable and clean and offered all the amenies required for a comfortable stay. The bed was very comfortable and the water pressure very pleasing. The hotel roof top pool and spa is very practical and pleasent for a relaxing day or evening. If you are North American, be aware that the sauna is mixed and that Austrians attend nude. The hotel is a pleasant walk away from the maginficiant Schonbrunn Palace. The price was very affordable through the Expedia Spring Special. My mom and I had a vey pleasent stay at this hotel.
Other trip May 20, 2013
Cat
Nice hotel - good location - close to subway station - nice swimming pool - good breakfast - but the service during breakfast Easter Sunday was very poor. A lot of products were not available - and the service very stressed and not polite ( boss of restaurant ) this was the only negative I can say about this hotel.
4 night family trip Mar 28, 2013
"close to all must-see sights"
Very nice hotel
5 night family trip Dec 29, 2012
Gotcha
IL
"Good hotel and friendly staff!"
Very friendly staff specially during the breakfast. Overall a good experience!
Other trip Jan 8, 2013
"Great for city break"
Only 10 min by tube to city centre but walking distance to Schrobrun Castle (Zoo, posh Christmas markets etc). Awesome breakfast.
Other trip Dec 23, 2012
Angela
"A great discovery."
Fab hotel. Lovely staff. About 6 mins on underground from Karlsplatz (on edge of CBD) so central enough not to be a mission to get anywhere. Pool a bit too cold for me though. Got in and almost straight out.
Other trip Nov 27, 2012
"Great hotel for my son's 10th birthday"
Very comfortable - ideal for my family. Hotel car park expensive but covered off in the cost of the upgraded room. Breakfast choice phenomenal. Good value room serivce. A bit of a trek to the main tourist areas but excellent value for money overall.
2 night family trip Aug 27, 2012
Mark K
perfect
5 night trip Jun 29, 2012
An excellent hotel. The only weakness is the absurdly expensive charge for a wifi link, which is free in most of the Vienna town centre cafes.
5 night trip Jun 17, 2012
"Not worth"
not value for money, no wifi free in the room as well as in lobby, charges of internet is high. They dont provide extra bed in room rate as well as breakfast and after reaching there they try to give us upgrade package of room with internet and breakfast.
3 night family trip May 29, 2012
IN
"Enjoyable stay at The Renaissance - June 2012"
My husband, son and I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and really enjoyed our stay. We were greeted by an extremely helpful receptionist, who immediately made us feel welcome. The room whilst not huge, was adequate and the hotel was pleasant. The cost of drinks at the bar is somewhat pricey (eg 6 euros for a 125ml glass of wine!), but the bar area is pleasant and comfortable. There is a small pool on the top floor, which we used. (showers by the poolside, but none in the changing rooms, which also service the gym.) The U3 underground line has a stop directly across the road, which is ideal for getting around. If driving, the access is also really straightforward. All in all, we would have no hesitation in recommending The Renaissance.
Other trip Jun 11, 2012
Covveniently ;located for transport and sightseeing.
3 night trip Jun 1, 2012
Lee
Overall I was very pleased with the hotel bar one night...our room was opposite very rowdy and ill disciplined teenagers, who made our first night a night to forget. I was really surprised that the hotel decided to locate us on the same floor as these rebellious rangatangs. A big shame because I would have awarded them with 5 glowing stars, alas it was not to be...
2 night trip Apr 28, 2012
Armin
"Thoroughly recommended"
Excellent in all respects. Superb choice of breakfast options. Very convenient for underground connections into all areas of the city, and especially well located for watching the Vienna marathon in April. Vast, unattractive facade belies the well appointed interior. Helpful staff - and lots of them. Only negative was not being able to make a hot drink in our room, but maybe that's standard.
4 night trip Apr 12, 2012

"it's not ready!"
the hotel was under construction
2 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
Chi-wen
TW
"Primo customer beneficio!"
Bom preço para um hotel confortável e com bom atendimento.
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2014