All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
630 N Rush St, Chicago, IL, 60611, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Hotel was fair at best"
The Hotel was in a great location but was under a lot of construction which they didn't warn us about. The room wasn't ready at 3 o'clock for check in. Was very loud and not very peaceful.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
"Checking in."
The building was under construction when we stayed there which was not the most pleasant situation. When we arrived our suite was not ready. Although I had called to let them know we would be arriving early, the front desk was quite rude upon arrival. We wanted to get cleaned up before going out but were unable to. We spent three hours in the bathroom on the fourth floor until we checked once more and the room was available. After we were in our room our weekend went as planned. The rooms were very clean. There was various construction throughout the hotel that was sometimes unpleasant.
1 night trip with friends Mar 22, 2015
Alexandria
"Ups and downs"
This hotel's public areas are totally under Construction. In the lobby the tile is being laid, ceiling is open and no amenities are available. It was a good rate but should have been even cheaper. The staff is very nice. Bathroom design is bad. No towel rack and no shelf under vanity means not much space to put any toiletries. The bathroom door is frosted glass which is not at all sound muffling. HVAC controls very difficult to operate.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
"Arrived late room ready and comfortable"
even though construction is in process adequate place to stay ---
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
Doc--
"not what the pictures show"
Well i booked this hotel by the pictures and what was offered. Trust me the pictures of the rooms are pretty accurate but everything else front desk gym waiting area isn't. Also i reserved a king room was told i requested a handicap accessible room witch i didn't. Pool, gym and business center were all unavailable for the month and since i pre paid for 2 nights i couldn't get my money back. Also would have been nice to have the ergonomic work chair and not just a chair.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
mark
"Great location, dirty bathroom"
I went with my husband, we'd spent a few days in Chicago already, this was our last night in town. We were put in a renovated room (they are sparse, very....contemporary), but our toilet hadn't been cleaned - it was pretty gross, actually. The rooms had little soundproofing, and even though we were far from the elevators, the general hallway noise was pretty bad. I'd probably stay there again, the staff was supremely friendly and helpful. If they cleaned their toilets....
1 night romance trip Mar 23, 2015
Renee
"hotel rush review"
It would have been nice to know that the hotel was under major construction. Absolutely no ammenties available. I am happy I did not pay alot for this hotel cause it was not worth it.
1 night business trip Mar 21, 2015
"Very convenient location"
Very convenient loction for shopping, restaurants, mass transit, etc. Newly remodeled in very contemporary style. We were upgraded upon arrive to a penthouse suite, which was perfect for our party.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Ken
Rooms were nice and newly remodeled. Construction was underway in lobby and pool areas, so can't comment on those
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
We loved our experience at Hotel Rush! Location was excellent, staff helpful and friendly and the room very comfortable. Loved the beds!
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Good location, comfortable beds, rude housekeeping"
We went during a renovation, so there was no lobby, and several other amenities (e.g., the pool) were unavailable, but our rate was very good and we got to stay in one of the recently renovated rooms, which was nice. We were not told about the renovation on their website (it is listed there now, but wasn't when we initially looked at the hotel and booked it through Expedia), so when we got there and basically walked into a construction site, we were surprised. The location is great - we could easily walk to most of the things we wanted to see, and it's near public transportation for when we wanted to see the rest of the city. I have two complaints: on the morning we checked out, the housekeeping staff banged loudly on the door to our room twice - once at 8:30 am and once at 9:15 am, even though we told them we were checking out at noon and would not be ready before then. Also, during that time, members of the staff stood outside our door shouting down the halls to each other. This was really disruptive. The second complaint is about the toiletries. Of course, this isn't a deal breaker, but if you're like me and you don't pack shampoo/conditioner because you just use what the hotel provides, pack your own before coming here. I travel all the time for work and have never, ever had a problem with the ones provided by the hotel. My hair doesn't need too much, but these products were awful. Even my boyfriend had issues with them and he's super low maintenance!
chrissy
"It was wonderful!"
It was great! i loved that there was tea on the 4th floor! they had my FAV tea!
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
Faye
"Nice hotel inside the heart of chicago"
I loved this hotel and it was walking distance to great restaurants including my favorite pizza restaurant, Giorandos!
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
"dissappointed"
First of all, when we booked it, there was no mention of construction and the pool being closed. Days before our trip, I happened to be looking at the hotel website and saw the pool was closed. That was a VERY important reason we selected that hotel, for our kids. Secondly, when we arrived at the hotel, most of it was shut down for construction. There was hardly a lobby, no where to sit, no vending machines or microwaves. They had complimentary coffee and we were literally 5 minutes late and they would not accomodate us with coffee. The room was beautiful. We asked for a rollaway bed but was told it was a safety hazard, although in the place we would put the bed, there was a big chair and table. Why couldn't that be moved? So one of our children had to sleep on the floor. We had an ajoining room with strangers who were very loud and up all night despite my calling the front desk to complain. The next morning I complained and we were upgraded to a new room. However, the last day we were there, the water was shut off on us due to the construction and we were given no warning at all. The construction and the fact that we could not use any of the amnenities, such as the pool and fitness center, did not give us the "full price" experience we should have received. I feel we should have been contacted and made aware of the closings and been offered compensation. We will NEVER stay there again!
4 night trip with friends Mar 14, 2015
Dana
Remodeling was being done, heard some hammering around 8am.
1 night family trip Mar 15, 2015
"Big Ten Tourney"
The hotel is in a great location but it undergoing remodeling. There is no lobby, only a path to a registration. We stayed in one of the remodeled rooms and it was very nice.
1 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
"Art Institute & shopping"
Great location - the hotel was under construction but the room was nice and GREAT location!
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
Merrilee
"Getaway trip"
Overall was a great experience. The only negative was that we were not aware of the construction going on at the hotel, so that was a little annoying. We were not able to enjoy the restaurant in the hotel, along with the pool, which was disappointing. Other than that, hotel staff were friendly, and the room was updated. It was in a great area, surrounded by a lot of restaurants and hotels near the magnificent mile. We will definitely be back in the future, and hopefully it is when all of the construction is done and we can fully enjoy all of the amenities that comes with the hotel.
2 night romance trip Mar 3, 2015
Haley
"Great location but under construction"
With all the construction going on it was very noisy. Staff not very friendly and bed was not comfortable. Room was updated and clean.
Response by AC Hotel Chicago Downtown
Hello Tonya, We are sorry to hear that you did not find that bed comfortable. We hope to impress you more on your next trip to Chicago. Jared Hassler Front Office Manager
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
Tonya
"location, location, location"
We stayed at Hotel Rush March 11, 12, and 13. Although the hotel is under renovation our stay was quite pleasurable. Our room had been renovated and was excellent. Comfortable king bed, small fridge, and no password Wi-Fi. I can't say enough about the very friendly and helpful staff. Looking forward to staying again after the renovation is complete.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
Lynn
"Nice hotel - great location but under construction"
I thought the hotel was in a great location, and the room was really nice but the cost of the hotel was a bit high for a hotel that was under construction, had NO pool, NO gym, etc.
Response by AC Hotel Chicago Downtown
Hello Staphanie, Thank you for your review of your stay. We are pleased that you like the new design of our rooms! We look forward to seeing you again when the renovation is complete and the pool and fitness center are complete. Sincerely, Jared Hassler Front Office Manager
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
"Dan"
Having stayed a few times before, knowing it was under construction... no problem. Had remodeled room, but wall was so thin, could hear next door talking all night long. Had to call security. Next morning could hear talking and sneezing next door. Never stay in a room with connecting doors unless you plan to use it.
2 night business trip Mar 3, 2015
"4 night stay at Rush Hotel"
I was disappointed that the hotel is under renovation when I got there. No gym, no swimming pool. But the brand new room made up for it. It is superbly done with very impressive lightings, furnitures, bed, etc. The bathroom is amazing. The indoor self parking garage is a plus. Can't beat the location, right in the halfway point of Michigan avenue.
Response by AC Hotel Chicago Downtown
Hello, Thank you for your review of your stay. We are sorry that you did not get to experience the pool or fitness center while you were with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the new rooms so much. We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Chicago after the renovation of the pool and fitness center is complete! Jared Hassler Front Office Manager
4 night business trip Mar 4, 2015
"Could have been better"
Very nice room. Lots of space. Walk in shower. Interesting glass swinging bathroom door. But it took 3 days and 3 requests to have phone fixed. After 3 requests and promises, we gave up and realized the thermostat would not respond and the room temp was fixed on one setting. We were led to believe that there was a microwave in the room but , not. This was from Hotel.com not keeping abreast of changes. Bought by Marriot and hotel under renovation was the repeated excuse. Free coffee and tea in lobby, blah donuts.
Response by AC Hotel Chicago Downtown
Hello Joseph, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that it took so long to hve your phone fixed. I will follow up with our Chief Engineer about this. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the newly renovated room! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Chicago. Jared Hassler Front Office Manager
4 night business trip Mar 4, 2015
joseph
"Girls Weekend"
Hotel was is under renovation which we did not know at the time of booking. Rooms are remodeled with hardwoord floors which is nice (clean)! However, no amenitites like bars, resteraunts, etc. Location is great
Response by AC Hotel Chicago Downtown
Hello Tamara, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed the newly renovated room! We hope to see you again when the renovation is complete and our kitchen and lounge are open. Jared Hassler Front Office Manager
2 night trip with friends Mar 6, 2015
Tamara
"nice, clean, modern style"
great hotel, the rooms have such a great design
Response by AC Hotel Chicago Downtown
Hello Jose, Thank you for your kind review. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Jared Hassler Front Office Manager
1 night trip Mar 5, 2015
Jose
"getaway with my mom"
Awesome. I rented a room for a fee nights so my mom and I could get away and explore the city. Perfect area. Model rooms are nice. Once construction is done this will be a really nice place to stay in the heart of downtown. Only thing is that microwaves need to be put back into the rooms. The lighting and bathroom decor are awesome. Especially love the wood floors and textured walls. Overall, even to have stayed here under construction it was still nice and I got it for a great deal.
Response by AC Hotel Chicago Downtown
Hello Jatika, Thank you for your review of your stay with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms! We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Chicago. Jared Hassler Front Office Manager
2 night family trip Mar 1, 2015
Jatika
"odd but brilliant"
It was great the room was completely different which I love I never seen a room and washroom like that whoever designed the room is brilliant thank you
Response by AC Hotel Chicago Downtown
Hello Brian, Thank you so much for your review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Chicago! Jared Hassler Front Office Manager
1 night trip Mar 5, 2015
"Great deal in a great location!"
Hotel Rush was perfect. Very friendly and helpful staff! Newly renovated and modern at a good price. Near all sorts of restaurants and just a couple blocks from the shopping on Michigan Ave.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
"Great for business traveller"
Hotel in under construction, so lobby area was a mess. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. I was on a newly renovated floor which was clean and well appointed. The hard wood floors made is a bit noisy though. Wifi was free, as was coffee and water. Location can't be beat: 1 street off of mag mile, next door to a trader joes grocery, plenty of restaurants. My conference was at the Marriott which is across the street on the next block, 3 mins. Parking pricey at $50, wshould have found something else, lots around. Would definitely stay here again for business.
1 night business trip Feb 25, 2015
Janey
"Unusual but interesting/fun."
A very unusual hotel in the right place to stay in Chicago and an interesting experience. The room is really modern, with modern fixtures, modern bath area, no carpet but fascinating in the way it is decorated. An enjoyable place to stay but it took a day to get used to the modern furnishings. A great fitness room and swimming pool. It is easy to get to and a great location.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Ron
"quick getaway"
Staff was courteous and helpful. I enjoyed the room. Parking was a small issue, but downtown parking is expensive. Definitely will return.
3 night family trip Feb 22, 2015
Willie
"good customer service"
Jocelyn at the front desk was the best person we interacted with! She was super friendly, everyone else treated us like they didn't want to deal with us. I didn't like that there was no MicrowavE In the room or anywhere to cook food forcing us to spend extra money.
3 night romance trip Feb 23, 2015
"Very nice hotel great location"
Hotel Rush is renovating now, but walk past the construction into a beautiful hotel with large comfortable rooms that are modern and delightful. They also have easy access parking.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
greg
"Hotel will be nice but needs work"
Stayed on a renovated floor and rooms were gorgeous. Staff however needs to remember they are in the hospitality business. When leaving the hotel and asked for a taxi I was told to walk 3 blocks to another hotel to get a cab.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
JW
"Great Hotel in an extremely convenient location"
I stayed at this hotel for one night to meet friends for dinner at Lowry's, which is right across the street. It was extremely convenient for my purpose. The check-in was fast. The staff was pleasant and helpful. My room was beautiful.
1 night trip with friends Feb 22, 2015
"My anniversary get away!"
The first night was a great experience other then no microwave in your room or in the whole building to heat your food up, so we was forced to buy hot food throughout our stay, the second day was horrible, it was some type of party on my floor an didnt get any rest period, but i called an talked to the management and they gave me an my hubby a extra night for our troubles, witch was cool, and our last day was overall relaxing an comfortable until we left, thank you and i will go there again!
Response by AC Hotel Chicago Downtown
Hello, Thank you so much for your review of your stay. I apologize again for the noise issue that you experienced. I'm so glad, though, that you enjoyed the rest of your time with us! We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Chicago. Sincerely, Jared Hassler Front Office Supervisor
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
anniversary tim
"A Little getaway"
Just needed a night away. It was beautiful, clean, comfy, very relaxing. I will be returning.
1 night trip Feb 18, 2015
"Lovely Zen Decor Rooms"
Nice hotel. It is in renovation and getting ready to merge with another hotel. You could hear the faint sound of hammering/renovations starting at 7 AM during the weekdays, but this was a business stay so I was already contemplating getting out of bed when that started. The renovated rooms are very nice and cozy with hardwood (or bamboo) floors and a zen like decor. Near everything (i.e., walkable) in the River North/Mag Mile area of Chicago. Short cab or bus ride to museum campus. Loved the zen like decor and is definitely top of my list the next time I need a hotel in Chicago. I hope when the renovations and merge is complete they keep it affordable!
2 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
cynthia
"Great Deal"
Construction was a minor reality. Value and quality were excellent. The rate I got would be to live for if it's ever available in the summer.
2 night trip Feb 17, 2015
"Very nice hotel"
We went on a 2 night stay with some friends the hotel was clean and the staff were really courteous and friendly, I will definitely stay in this hotel again.
Response by AC Hotel Chicago Downtown
Hello amer, Thank you for your kind review of your stay. We are so happy that you enjoyed your our hotel so much! We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip. Sincerely, Jared Hassler Front Office Manager
2 night family trip Feb 16, 2015
amer
hotel under remodeling but facilities were kept OK, comfortable and clean. Staff very friendly and professional. Nice stay in central Chicago.
Response by AC Hotel Chicago Downtown
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff so helpfull! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Chicago. Jared Hassler Front Office Manager
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Luis
"Great stay at Hotel Rush"
We were delighted with Hotel Rush. Though the lobby was under renovation, there was a wonderful business center on the 5th floor which was just as good for lounging, or better. The pool was perfect, nice big clean towels laid out every morning. The people were so very friendly! They went beyond the expected to make sure we were happy. I loved the neighborhood, also. Trader Joe's right next door, Starbucks a block away, wonderful restaurants a plenty. We will definitely be staying here again.
2 night family trip Feb 11, 2015
Beverly
"Great hotel 1 block from Michigan Ave"
Great location for sightseeing and public transportation. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Would stay there again.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Valentine's Weekend"
although the hotel is under an interim construction to a Marriot, we found all the service to be top notch from the door man until we left. Anyone working in the hotel was amiable and plesant whenever we ran into them in the hall or at the front desk. We visited the frigid weekend of Valentine's weekend so it was a bit chilly at the front desk with the construction, but the location was great, parking convenient, and the community rooms quite accessible. With the bone chilling weather, we did wish there had been a hot tub to soak in some heat and soothe our weary bones.
2 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"Once is enough"
It was a very reasonable rate, and for the price the room comfort was fine. Everything was very dated and minimal, and the entire 5th floor smelled of pot smoke. However, they did have posted everywhere that the hotel had changed hands to the Marriott and was undergoing a multimillion dollar renovation. Oh, and very hard to find!
1 night business trip Feb 12, 2015
Zac
"A new gem on Rush"
The renovations are breath taking. Rooms spacious clean comfortable and luxurious. When all work is complete the Hotel Rush will be a 5 star hotel for the common person.
1 night family trip Feb 12, 2015
"Nice hotel right off the miracle mile"
Nice hotel. Very hip and updated design. Great value for your buck. Its a block off the miracle mile for all your shopping and dining needs. Its in the heart of the city. I would come back for sure.
Response by AC Hotel Chicago Downtown
Hello, Thank you for your kind words about your stay! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Chicago. Jared Hassler Front Office Manager
Other trip Feb 9, 2015
"Great even while being renovated!"
The hotel was in the process of being renovated so there was construction going on. But the renovated room we stayed in was ultra modern and very comfortable. The hotel staff was beyond friendly --- just fantastic.
Response by AC Hotel Chicago Downtown
Hello Theresa, Thank you so much for your review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our new rooms. We look forward to seeing you again! Jared Hassler Front Office Manager
3 night family trip Feb 1, 2015
Theresa
"Nice downtown hotel. Close to everything."
Nice hotel currently undergoing renovation. New modern style rooms comfortable. Ok workout room. Close to everything.
Response by AC Hotel Chicago Downtown
Hello Scott, Thank you for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms. The fitness center will be renovated soon as well. We hope you can enjoy it on your next trip to Chicago! Jared Hassler Front Office Manager
Other trip Feb 3, 2015