All hotels in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here857 N Frontage Rd, Po Box 570, Wisconsin Dells, WI, 53965, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.8
    2.5
"dells"
nice
3 night trip Jun 22, 2015
mr T
"Short family getaway"
Hotel needs updating and most of the water activities for young children were not open due to repairs. Staff was friendly and location was nice being off the strip.
2 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
Mitchell
"Hotel under renovation"
It was a lousy stay. Over half of the facilities were closed off, over half of the water park facilities were closed off as well. I was informed by the hotel manager that the renovations are for all the hotel rooms and the water park. I'm estimating that it will be another 2-3 years. Next time I come back will be when everything will be done. No more remodeling.
3 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
"Polynesia hotel"
When I booked they did not tell me that none of the places to were open. Had to change rooms after the first night do to a foul smell in the room. There was pizza left in the refrigerator from previousguest.a lot of the water park was closed for reconstruction
2 night family trip Jun 3, 2015
jan
"enjoyable"
for a birthday party
2 night family trip May 22, 2015
Jasmine
"Overpriced"
was not impressed, pretty old dilapidated place.
2 night trip with friends May 15, 2015
"My visit at Polynesian Hotel"
It was great!!!! I was there for my dart tournament this year, 2015 and last year, 2014. I stayed at the Polynesian hotel last year and this year. When the tournament comes to the Dells again, I will stay there as well. They had some remodeling going on and that still did not effect my stay. I will be back.
4 night trip with friends May 13, 2015
Cheryle
"Not the greatest place"
Place is noticably run down. Beds were very hard.
2 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
Tammy
"Stay Away"
I was very disappointed in the Polynesian. We had to walk around the building to get to the pool in wet clothes. The indoor waterpark closed incredibly early on Easter Sunday so we were not even able to use it. The beds felt like we were sleeping on springs. It was not worth the money at all. I will never return. I felt bad for the guy at the front desk who had to explain to multiple people why they would close the waterpark at 4 pm on a holiday.
1 night family trip Apr 5, 2015
Erin
"Probably won't stay there again."
First thing I heard an employee say when me and my daughter were walking to our room was "I'm going to tell him to take this job and shove it." We found mildew on a box spring. No breakfast served. Water pipes in next room very annoying!
2 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
"Never again!!"
We were there during construction. We had to walk outside the building to get to the lobby from our room. The restaurants were closed. The staff cleaned our room once in the 5 days we were there. Even then we had to call to have it done. Towels were in limited supply. There was no complimentary coffee available. The only saving grace was the water park which was opened earlier than expected and was appropriate for our children. They are talking about turning this place into a timeshare--good luck with that!!!!
4 night family trip Apr 8, 2015
yvonne
"Pour conditions"
Not nice i stay close to the pool entry door 5 and to go to the front lobby we have to walk outside and the rain on Thursday 4/9/15 (Thunderstorm) at night, the next day my kids have the cold because the was wet, water on pool not to clean, they are remodel and the close the hallways(that's way we have to go outside on the rain
3 night family trip Apr 8, 2015
efraim
"HOT MESS"
The service was horrible they are doing construction and did not tell the guest we had to walk outside while the kids were wet to get from the pool to the room not ever again
3 night family trip Apr 9, 2015
"not very clean"
The water in the pool was very foggy, I was afraid to dip my head in. When I arrived to the room I noticed the bathtub had hairs from the previous guest.
2 night trip Apr 6, 2015
"Ok place to stay"
Beds were rock hard. Pools were way smaller than we thought. Not very clean. Bath tub was clogged after one shower. Kids loved it.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
I think this is a great place for families that don't need all the big water slides. We had s blast for new years! We have been there before and was way more economical than $500-$700 for that weekend! I was extremely bummed that the bar areas weren't open even though the website said they were. Especially new years eve! I would go again!
2 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
Robert c Quane
"First time not the last time"
I went with a friend and we took his daughter for her first time to a waterpark. We all enjoyed it tremendously. The only we would have wished was that there was more tv channels to select from for later at night when coming back to the room for the evening
2 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2015
Juli
"Disappointing vacation"
I have been coming to the polynesian for many years and was shocked upon checking that the name was changed but the receptionst didn't know to what name and said the andersons sold it to capitol resorts and in 2017 the only way to visit polynesian is to buy timeshare. I just think that being an long time customer that I would have been informed when I booked or when I checked in at the front desk. I also wasn't told about the remodeling I had to take my children outside in order to get to the water park by the front lobby and now my kids have colds. I was also shocked to know when I got a text from my credit card that the charge was under santuary resort and when I questioned the receptionist they said oh yeah that is the new name. smh Also I want to add as a long time guest if I was informed about the timeshare I probaly would want to join or visit for an tour.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
lela
"Great experience."
Great customer service. Easy to find. Close to WI Dells attractions.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"No go in future"
Beds were terrible, old tube televisions with only 5 channels, and one channel was black and white. Thank God we were only at the hotel to sleep and shower
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
brad
"Very outdated..."
The hotel is very outdated. The rooms are original with old TV, comforters, bathrooms, carpet...everything OLD. Pool is geared towards small children. No swimming area in the waterpark. Hallway closed so you have to drive to lobby pool. Staff rude and poor trained lifeguards if you can even call them lifeguards. Located on far end of town and not near any of newer nicer hotels. Spend a little more for a better hotel.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
"over priced...too small"
Too small for the prices not enough for the children to do.
2 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
Jamie
"BAD HOTEL"
Never again will I be staying here. And surely not recommend this hotel to anyone. The rooms were super dirty,the water parks were dirty aswelll. We had 2 drive around the building to get into the other side of the hotel where the pool was,and may I add that it was freezing cold outside but had to take my kids (which they were already wet from being in the pool) to the other side because the hallway was being under construction! Food and drinks were bad! I got a soda which was 2 weeks old. I can keep going on but I will never finish. I wish I could get a refund because I would of rather take my family to sleep in our van than spend the 2 days there! My kids were not happy at all!
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
oscar
"Horrible"
Bathrooms were disgusting in our room and at the pool. Water park was awful. We actually wondered if the lifeguards were a joke. I've never seen such a thing. Paint from the water attractions was floating in the water everywhere. I will never go back and really wanted my money back. My son is puking 24 hours after being there, coincidence I don't think so.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Amber
"Will never go again"
Wasn't informed it was under renovation. One water park was closed and had to use car in sub zero weather to take kids to and from pool because hallway closed off. Room temp control horrible Was worst hotel experience I have had.
1 night family trip Feb 16, 2015
""you get what you pay for""
Stayed here many of times before but experienced many disappointments this time. The hotel is currently under construction and there are many areas that you can't get to from inside the hotel such as one of the swimming pools and game room, etc. Make sure you plan to pack your own food and alcohol because the Tiki bar and grill is currently closed. One of the hot tubs was not filled and completely shut down, and the other the jets and bubbles did not work either. The room temperature was very hard to control and uncomfortably hot in the room and hallways, and many of the ice machines in the hall ways were not working either.The water slides were shut down when the staff took a lunch break. Many spots in the floors have broken tiles and are actually a little dangerous to trip over. This hotel could definitely use some TLC.
2 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
"This place is a dump"
Hotel being renovated unable to access lobby or pool without going outside from our room. Waterpark with rusty equipment. Hot tub jets do not work holes in the rock wall that hot tub backs up too. Tiki bar closed. Heat In room would not shut off went to open window and it was broken. Beds rock hard. Horrible stay! Would of left but everything was booked due to multiple sporting events going on that weekend.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
michele
"Hotel Stay"
Our room was ok.. The tub filled up with water when taking a shower and the shower head is very low that I had to kneel while washing my hair and I am not overly tall. The sink made a high pitched noise when turned on and was not pleasant having to walk outside to get to one of the water parks with the weather being so cold!! I understand the hotel is being renovated but you shouldn't have to walk outside.
Kids had a good time. Nice place for the price. They accommodated a family of 6.
jessica
"Currently being re-modeled"
Hotel doesn't look like it has been updated since the 70"s. It is currently being remodeled, but the rooms available at this point are disconnected from the hotel lobby. So you need to walk or drive around the building. We couldn't get into our room as the card key didn't work. It took maintenance about an hour to fix. Would not recommend this hotel at this time. Our stay was Feb. 2015.
"Never again"
We have been there 3 time before so we new what to expect. A mid level waterpark in the dells. It's been a good value for the price. However this stay the hotel was under construction and we couldn't get to the front pools from our room. Both whirlpools were broken in the waterpark and no food was available in the hotel. We were never told any of this before our stay. Do not stay here until ALL this is fixed.
1 night family trip Feb 7, 2015
"Okay for price"
The are undergoing renovations right now so it was not easy to get around the hotel. We couldn't get to the pool without driving to the front door. Had to go to 3 ice machines before finding one that worked. Hopefully after the changes, it will be better!
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
"Nice and great for small kids"
Had a great time the kids were excited nice little weekend get away.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"The room was clean, but water park is very outdate"
The room we had was clean and the staff was friendly. However, the water park is very outdated and in need of major renovation. Hot tubs in water park were not working properly. One had hot water but no jets working and the other was completely out of service. An all right place to sleep but not that great of a water park adventure. Also, needs some work on the sound proofing.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"DO NOT BOOK!!!!"
This hotel had major cracks in our room ceiling and there was MOLD growing on the bathroom ceiling. Also, beds were hard as rocks!
2 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
We ususally stay here for one night, when on ski trip. We have 7 year old and 1 1/2 year old. Both have fun playing in indoor water park, althought it is not a neccessary big water park (thus the price for stay is quite ok). I only wish they would have a regular (even not too big) swimming pool for parents or older kids. Overall, it's a pretty nice and relatively innexpensive place. One hint - book through Expedia, as the prices on Hotel's website are always higher compering to Expedia's prices.
"Good for little kids"
The watermark was unremarkable from an adult perspective, but pretty fun for kids.
s
"What may have been nice, has now turned rotten!"
While I haven't been to the Polynesian before, I can tell that in its day, it was a nice hotel. Unfortunately, the management has not kept up with the maintenance as the hotel has aged. While the lobby is clean, when we entered our section of the hotel from the parking lot, we were greeted by an off putting smell in the elevator. The hallways are are dark and the furnishing in the room, my guess, have not changed since it was built a number of years ago. The water park is showing obvious signs of decay. The faux rock that surrounds the hot tub, slides and lazy river are cracked/crumbling exposing the rebar and what looks like bare earth underneath. The hot tub was not hot, but luke warm. The kids park showed huge amounts wear and loss of paint. I am sure this was a nice hotel, but unless major updating is done, I would not recommend this.
"Nice but Dated"
Rooms and hotel are dated but the waterpark is perfect for the ages of our kids (4 and 6). We will stay again.
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2015
"Good customer service but hotel needs help"
Everything from the dirty entrances, doors, hallways and worn out rooms looked and smelled like nothing was well maintained. Our room looked like someone started cleaning it but was pulled away before the job was completed. Towels on the floor, wine bottle and other garbage in the trash container, sticky brown stuff on the table etc. yet the beds were made. The staff did give us new ungraded room but after driving for hours we were ready to relax, not move our stuff from room to room or wait an hour for a house keeper to come and clean ours. They tried hard to make us happy and they deserve kudos for that but I will never stay there again.
1 night trip with friends Jan 24, 2015
"Decent cheaper hotel."
All in all was pleased with hotel. Check in was ok, although it was annoying that I had to get my parking passes from the concierge. Luckily it wasn't busy. They could have been a little more inviting at the front (smile and act like they want my business). They were professional though. For some reason they decided to renovate both floors at the same time in the wing connecting to the front desk and pool, so if you wanted to get to either from your room you had to go around outside (not fun in the winter when you want to go swim). My room appeared very clean and had a nice fridge, and a microwave. It was comfortable enough. The bed was a little firm for my taste, but I find that in most hotels. There was a large gap between the tub and linoleum with worn out chalk (didn't look too pretty), but the fabric shower curtain was clean, and the shower head provided great water pressure. Only gripe was the shower head was pretty low (okay for me at 5'3", but low for my slightly taller husband. They are doing renovations, so the conditions will probably improve along the way, but so I suspect will the prices, lol. The indoor waterpark was decent enough to keep the kids entertained (ages 2 and 8). It's small but worked. It was winter so Idon't know about the outdoor part. The pool area was okay. The toddler area needed work as half the stuff didn't work properly, once they finally turned it on at 9:30 (when it opened at 8).
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Adrianne
Hottub was cold, restaurant and bar was closed, are room tv sucked.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Get what you pay for."
It's good thing the rooms are currently being renovated, because if not this would be a place to avoid. Old, uncomfortable beds pillows and couches, and out of date amenities. If the indoor water park is not the next thing on the list for renovation, this place will be on the do not even bother list. If you're looking for a cheap get away this works. But don't expect to be impressed. Oh, and my room wasn't even ready for check in at 4:00. Had to wait until 4:30. You'd think with fewer rooms to clean, housekeeping would be able to have everything ready for an incoming guest.
1 night family trip Jan 24, 2015
Nicholas
"nice"
My stay was ok the lights went out i was without lights for 30 minutes call the front desk and no one came but i went walking the hallway and found a women supervisor and she helped me with the lights but everything was ok.thanks
2 night family trip Jan 9, 2015
juanita
"Water areas were perfect for our group."
One room's sink was filthy when we arrived. After calling the front desk, we were told no one was available to come to clean the area. Why???? We had three rooms and received NO maid service on any of them. We had to ask housekeeping for towels and even toilet paper. They informed us that they took care of the new checkins before the current occupied rooms. Very disappointing since we were already paying customers. Since we were there for 3 nights and had 3 rooms, I felt we should have had better service. In the swim area there were no less than 3 lifeguards at a time, yet no housekeeping in the restrooms there as the toilets were disgustingly filthy. All in all cleanliness was a big zero.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
Unhappy Grandma
"Games"
We stayed two nights, my son and I and were able to get a reasonable price the second night. My son enjoyed the basketball pool the most and liked the Water Park a lot too. We enjoyed our stay as well as the popcorn and juice that was available.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
jennifer
"A nightmare come true"
This was by far the worst hotel I've ever been too!!!! Are room was not cleaned prior to are stay the maids had not made are beds in 3 days finally I called and they had to call in a maid 10 at night to give us clean sheets and towels. The maid said if we had seen what we were sleeping on we would have cried the refunded my money and have me a additional 4 free nights for a return trip. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"they should close the hotel!"
From the beginning of our arrival we should have left and would have if we could have canceled! We called for an early arrival by 2pm instead of 4pm,not a problem,for sure a problem they had 4 cleaning people cleaning 3 floors of rooms, everyone was upset! I called 2 weeks prior to be sure our 4 rooms were together and 2 rooms were to be adjoing this was to be no problem,well they had to work to at least get the 2 rooms together and we waited an extra 1 hour the other 2 rooms same floor but at other end of floor! We were told to go to the water park area the kids could change and shower here.This bathroom was so filthy! I am not sure when it was cleaned last! When we arrived there was a diaper hanging over the small trash can in stool area on Saturday it was still there on Tuesday! They were told about this! The whirl pool had no running top jets only 4 worked around your ankle area it was only hot water and also had not been vacuumed out for a long time full of black stuff all around bottom of pool. They had 2 whirl pools only the 1 that half run had water in it. The water park itself only had part of its area open for use also. Our bathrooms in our rooms stunk of urine so bad,they were hard to be in! Even our young grandchildren said how badly they smelled! The carpets were folding up in centers tripped once while walking to pool.The tvs were the old big tvs but small screens,horrible reception. We had to pay $20.65 more upon arrival for recreation charge for each room!!
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Sherrie
The room we got wasn't even cleaned when we got into it.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"bad"
This was the worst years that I had in the past 4 years that I've gone to this hotel we got are room course it was ready and we walked in and it was supper dirty and we had to wait another 30 min. To get in are room and to top it off we got 2 more room and we booked in at 1:00 and they had told us are rooms wornt going to be done untill 4 well we didn't get it unroll 630
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2014