All hotels in San Luis Obispo, California, United States of America
1604 Monterey St, San Luis Obispo, CA, 93401, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"confort"
Good service price, etc. The room we stayed needed some attention. The shower door was missing the magnet to closed it.
1 night romance trip Nov 2, 2014
"lamplighter motel San Louis Obismo"
We stayed in the motel on a trip South to Los Angles. It is evident that the motel is going through an on going upgrade. It seems that it is part of Comfort Inns now. They even have chair lifts into the pool and Jacuzzi for the disabled. Room was adequate for our needs although a little small. It had microwave, good size refrigerator and even a safe in it. For the comped breakfast the area was clean and food was good and fresh and plentiful. The staff went out of their way to provide excellent service. Victoria in the breakfast room recooked the bacon longer for my wife. The maintenance man Abraham used his personal smart phone to find us a business address we were looking for in the area including a map to get there, and Luis at the desk told us about restaurants in the area and asked if there was anything he could do to help us. We were so impressed that we came back a week later and stayed in the same motel on the way home. The manager even gave us an upgrade to a larger room that he had available mid week. We usually stayed at a motel across the street from this one but we will be staying here from now on when we are in the area.
1 night family trip Oct 23, 2014
"Good basic hotel."
The hotel is close to the center of town and the room was clean and included a microwave and coffee pot. The mattresses were firm and comfortable and the continental breakfast was OK. There were some minor maintenence issues, the air conditioner seemed to struggle to keep the room cool even though the temps were in the low 80s and the arm chair's padding had definitely seen better days.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
For this price point, it was a nice. Comfortable and clean.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Close to the campus"
High pitched buzz from fridge was annoying I've had better rooms for that price. Breakfast was ok
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"one night stay"
good for the night with 3 kids, large beds.
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
"Best Weekend Ever!"
Never stayed here before in my many visits to San Luis. Great staff, hotel, location And my new hotel to stay at in San Luis! Great breakfast and Will be back.
Response by Lamplighter Inn & Suites
Dear Shane, On behalf of the Entire team at the Lamplighter Inn & Suites Hotel I'd like to Thank you for your Feedback during your stay with us In San Luis Obispo, CA. We are glad to hear that you Enjoyed your stay and had a great experience. We look forward to Accomodating you again in the near future. Sincerely, Management
2 night trip Sep 24, 2014
Shane
Dirty & old curtains, carpet and bedspreads. Can't open fridge if anything is on tiny space near sink. Nice big TV.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"Overpriced dump. Waste of money"
The thing going for this place is its location in SLO. It is stale, 20 years overdue for renovation and filthy. Rented a 2 room suite, only to find out that room given to us was never cleaned and cleaning staff had already left by 3 pm. The only other 2 br suite available was on the 2nd floor, and no elevator in the building. Hotel staff said either pay another $150 or go find another place. Carpet and bed had stains, bathroom was dirty, and TV is from prehistoric times. Breakfast was not bad. Certainly will not stay here again.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
AM
"Nice stay for 1 night"
We got this hotel as a 1 night stay for 5 people in a 2 bedroom suite. When I checked in, the guy said we were on the 3rd floor and asked if it was ok. I told him yes. He told me that our room would be across the street in another complex and when we got there, we realized there was no elevator so we had to carry our luggage up 2 flights of stairs. The room was adequate, beds were comfortable, but the condition of the bathroom was less than satisfactory. There were stains on the toilet seat which obviously had not been cleaned and the shower was dirty was well. I did not feel comfortable going in there barefoot so I wore sandals. We also got woken up in the early hours on multiple occasions as people came back to their rooms and the walls felt PAPER THIN. You can hear everything people say/do outside. The pool is nice and the hot tub is good. The breakfast in the morning was decent and not very crowded. I am very picky about eating certain foods so it was difficult for me to find anything to eat that was healthy or organic/nutritious. I'd recommend it to other people for a quick stay, but I'd probably never stay there again.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Nice and clean, close to town centre
1 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"Mediocre Hotel"
Staff was rude, he told us to maintain our kids, whatever that means for Chris sake they are kids, they were just running around not messing or breaking anything and no other customers were in the lobby. The staff was terrible at customer service, the cleaning staff was checking out while I was trying to check in and I had to wait till all the cleaning staff left first to check in good 5 minute wait. Also, the front desk guy was telling the cleaning lady to reclean the microwave and another cleaning lady was saying to reclean the fridge too. I mean can you pull your staff aside to tell them to do that instead of in front of a customer that you guys are clearly ignoring in the first place? Last thing I asked for a receipt they wouldn't give me one he front desk person with the black hair said Expedia should of told me how much it cost. I have booked hotels through expedia before and the hotels still gave me a receipt. Almost forgot, we asked for towels and they said they don't have any right now and that they would call us when they did, we'll guess what, they never called. There were 2 guys working the front desk black hair (maybe Latino) rude and have me a hard time this whole review is about him, except the towel incident not sure who that is. Caucasian guy was nice and he apologized that we had to wait to check in.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
stacey
"Lamplighter Inn - SLO An outstanding bargain!"
My wife and I spent five nights at the Lamplighter Inn in August of 2014. Our expectations were exceeded in every respect! The hotel staff was friendly, professional, knowledgeable and sincere in their concern for our comfort. The location was walking distance to downtown SLO and only a short drive to the beaches of Avila and Pismo. Cal Poly was just a few minutes drive. The hotel is reminiscent of beachfront resorts in Mexico, very tropical and classy looking and very clean and well organized. The bed was great, the furnishings just fine and everything functioned as designed (a rarity nowadays). The free breakfast included "make you own waffles", scrambled eggs, sausage, muffins, fruit, cereal, yogurt etc. A very good assortment - all fresh. A definite thumbs up for SLO's Lamplighter Inn.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
Jack & Martha
"Unpleasant Stay"
We arrived late and were given a room across the street at the Lamplighter. We should have asked to see the room first. Our room was very cramped with way too much furniture for it's small size. I stepped on a nail or carpet tack where the carpet from the bedroom meets the tile going into the bathroom area. Above the shower the wall had been patched from a repair (I assume) and had not been repainted to match the rest of the walls. The bathroom where the shower and toilet were located were in an uncompleted state of disrepair. Upon checking out, I reported the fact I had stepped on a nail or carpet tack to the front desk. The gentleman did not act very concerned. He just kept looking at his computer. He told me to report it to the website we made the reservation through and that maybe they would give us a partial refund. The website unfortunately is not responsible for such repair issues.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014
We really enjoy our stay. Excellent breakfast - eggs, bacon, waffles, cereal, toast, yogurt, fresh orange juice, etc. You can't beat it. The rooms were quiet and the staff was friendly. The hotel is conveniently located near downtown SLO, so walking to stores, restaurants, etc., was easy. Thank you.
3 night trip Jul 28, 2014
Charlie
"Cal Poly"
My original room assigned was missing a shower head but they moved me into a better room. Great stay!!
2 night trip Jul 15, 2014
Trish
"Sub par"
For the San Luis Obispo area, we were amazed at how poor this hotel was. Room was old. Bedspread tattered. Safe broken. Staff was indifferent to any complaints. Couldn't advise anyone stay here.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"Pleasant stay"
Room was small, but very clean, staff friendly & professional.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"family funeral"
its not exactly the Biltmore, but the accomodations were nice and clean. I would book there again.
2 night trip Jul 12, 2014
Doris Brown
"This is a nice hotel very close to Cal Poly SLO"
The stay at the hotel was excellent. Though we checked in early around 12.00 PM, the staff at the reception accommodated by upgrading our room without additional charges.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
"Very small room."
The room was sooo small. My wife and i could not walk around without turning sideways to pass each other, Bed and pillows were comfortable though.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
"Mixed Bag!"
Room was good, bed was confortable. However, the shower was small and subpar!
3 night trip Jul 1, 2014
mtgman
"Okay For The Weekend"
- Service desk rep enjoys talking on the phone more than talking to you, or to help you - Good number of parking spot available - Has a public pool and hot tub, though crowded most of the time -Somewhat close to downtown SLO and trolley stop is closeby - Be sure to come to breakfast wayyyyyy early because the free breakfast is pretty much gone by 8:30 when everyone already woke up - Expect lots of family with kids, uncles, aunts, etc who will be staying in this hotel - Microwave I the room is only as good as it is plugged into the wall outlet. I fixed that myself - No "Do Not Disturb" sign provided thus I had to make one myself, which was stolen by someone by the time I returned - Shower looks clean and water temp is good, toilet flushes very loudly so beware of waking up neighbors - Room include free-standing closet which is helpful to hang clothes - Elevator is pretty slow so I suggest using the stairs - Very quiet neighborhood which is a huge plus - You can walk to downtown from here and many things to see along the way - Bed is nice and ample of pillows to sleep with - A/C works well which helps after a long day of walking, hiking, etc - Room smells funny so be sure to open window before leaving the room - Oh yeah, a working window is a big plus, a rarity among low-cost hotels
3 night trip Jul 3, 2014
"Ok place to just sleep"
Old, stained bedding; cracked tile; old, stained carpet; chipped paint; and stained furniture. Breakfast was over at 9:30, I got there at 8:30. Most everything was gone. I asked for more and eggs and bacon were brought out. Not sure where one can buy tissue paper thin bacon! No coffee but staff brought me a cup.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
It was a nice stay, but we stayed in a room in the 2nd part of the Comfort Inn Lamplighter Complex on the back street of the main building. It was a very small room.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Room was nothing like the description on hotel.com - refrigerator on bathroom sink couldn't open, stained bedspread , musty smelling no balcony
1 night business trip Jun 24, 2014
"Perfect for traveling/work"
I had a good experience here. The nice young man at the front gave me an extended late check-out so I could complete my phone meetings for work from my room. We got breakfast, the room was clean, it only takes 10 minutes to walk downtown, plus, SLO is beautiful. I would revisit the Comfort Inn.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
Paige
"Just Ok"
This is a basic hotel. Okay for just passing through. The top bed sheet was dirty and didn't give me a comfortable feeling at first glance. The room otherwise was in decent shape. Very conveniently located to nearby restaurants.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Brisko
"Disappointing stay this time."
When asked if I wanted to upgrade to a higher quality room, I thought I had been satisfied before. I was across the street this time, possibly due to my late arrival? When stepping on the strip where the carpet changed to tile, I felt nails, or tacks. The shower was too small for my large body and the toilet was uncomfortably low and close to the wall for my size. All in all, I was disappointed in my stay, unlike previous ones.
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
G. B.
As has happened to me a numb er of times when I use Expedia to book a room, the room is in an older portion of the complex. The room itself was very cramped with between 2 and 3 feet on either side and the ends of the bed. There was a path from the door past the bathroom and into the main part of the room. The rest was occupied by desk, dresser, armoire, refrigerator, and safe - this gives the room a very cramped feeling. To top it off, the room I was in was at the back of the property. Across the street is a frat house that according to the deck clerk, has a party every Friday and Saturday. Expect loud music until 12 or so along with no help from the desk clerk or the local PD. Overall it is barely ok for one night but I would not stay there any longer.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Conveniently located."
Easy check-in and out. Room was compact but had everything we needed. We were there for a family funeral and it was good to be close to a lot of my relatives.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
Beth
"Convenient Location - Nice Place"
Had a great weekend in SLO, price was a little steep, but the location and environment can't be beat.
1 night trip May 31, 2014
Geoff L.
It's was one time met my needs was comfortable and clean
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
"You can do better"
I have used this chain before and always been satisfied. This place was a dump! Almost everything in the room was broken or stained. They even sent us across the street for ice because every one of their ice makers was broken. For the price they were charging, there are much better options.
1 night trip May 30, 2014
"Comfort Inn- SLO"
The hotel lobby, breakfast area, grounds and my room was clean and met all expectations. Suggestion: if you're going to arrive late, have dinner prior to check-in as there are no restaurants open beyond 9:00 pm in the immediate area.
1 night business trip May 19, 2014
Bill S
"Okay, in a pinch - but wouldn't recommend it"
Front desk staff wasn't friendly and would completely ignore you if you didn't speak up. Hotel is very dated and tired looking. Rooms are old, carpet had that feel that someone had spilled soft drinks on it. I'd say it was okay in a pinch, but with more options, I would not stay here again.
2 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"Better than average"
The front desk staff person was very helpful. When I arrived, my room was not ready, as they were still cleaning up. I had to wait an extra hour to check-in, but he was nice enough to extend my check-out to a later time. Fortunately, the room was comfy and clean. Hotel location is very walkable to Downtown SLO. There's also a Trolley Pick-up location outside the hotel. The nightly rate was pricey, but I would be OK staying there again.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"Good value, good location"
Overall it was as expected - decent room in a good location at a relatively low price.
1 night trip Apr 19, 2014
JC
"Great Hotel in San Luis Obispo"
Great location in San Luis Obispo. Close to town and the University. Only problem was lack of water pressure in the shower
2 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2014
"Yikes -- do your level best to avoid this Motel"
Easily one of the worst motel/hotel experiences we've had. Guess that's why it merits no more than 2 stars. NOT clean. No amenities. VERY small. And obviously hasn't been upgraded in over a decade. We were frankly very surprised and disappointed as soon as we walked in the door. At least a Motel 6 is CLEAN and this one clearly wasn't. We ended up staying out of the room as much as we could, until we just had to go to sleep. Never again, Comfort Inn.
1 night trip Apr 18, 2014
Joe Friedman
"Well located for downtown area and other sites"
It is a reasonably well maintained motel with a good staff. Very well located a few blocks from downtown area and near the 101. Not too expensive, either.
3 night trip Apr 7, 2014
Robert Beals
"Location to Cal Poly"
Office male suggested eatery, provided directions, was very respectful.
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Housekeeping only made the bed and added new towels as needed. Never had that happen before jn any motel or hotel. Would not stay here againj because of that.
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Jane
"CAL POLY BASEBALL"
It was a nice one night stay! Was up to watch CAL POLY BASEBALL TEAM. The guy at the front desk was not too friendly.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
"Found out the trick to getting the best room"
Our room was worn and many broken tiles and dirty carpet
1 night trip Mar 30, 2014
"Worst Pillows!"
I don't usually write reviews, but I hope that the hotel will read this and improve on their pillows. Let me start by saying that the hotel is really cute on the outside. The location is great! We walked 5 short blocks to all the action downtown. The room itself is ok. The furniture is getting old, but everything was clean and fine for the price. I was really grossed out by the pillows. They are terribly old. They are reduced to little squares, that seem like they just stuffed newspaper in an old pillow case that is also falling apart. I called and asked for better pillows but that is all they had. My 3 other friends had the same old tattered pillows. I seriously wanted to go buy a pillow but there was not Target near by. This hotel is really cute, and quaint, and inexpensive but the pillows have got to go! Please invest in some new pillows. I would stay here again if they replaced the pillows.
2 night trip with friends Apr 3, 2014
"worked great for seeing the college"
The room was clean and the breakfast was perfect for our stay. We were looking at the college and the location was perfect.
1 night trip Mar 30, 2014
Pros.... bed was very comfortable, quiet, nice neighborhood, price, available. Cons..... our room needed to have bathroom caulking replaced and hallway area could use painting. There was a nice swimming pool, breakfast was available but we didn't use the pool nor did we have breakfast there. Made other arrangements. Room had a refrig, microwave, iron and ironing broad.
2 night trip Mar 28, 2014
JEO
Great costumer service,room carpet a little bit "smelly",fridge too small.
4 night business trip Mar 24, 2014
Carlos Luna
bathroom needed updates as far as paint and new shower curtain. breakfast was really pathetic. front desk was wonderful the night I checked in!
1 night trip Mar 27, 2014