All hotels in San Luis Obispo, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1604 Monterey St, San Luis Obispo, CA, 93401, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Okay For The Weekend"
- Service desk rep enjoys talking on the phone more than talking to you, or to help you - Good number of parking spot available - Has a public pool and hot tub, though crowded most of the time -Somewhat close to downtown SLO and trolley stop is closeby - Be sure to come to breakfast wayyyyyy early because the free breakfast is pretty much gone by 8:30 when everyone already woke up - Expect lots of family with kids, uncles, aunts, etc who will be staying in this hotel - Microwave I the room is only as good as it is plugged into the wall outlet. I fixed that myself - No "Do Not Disturb" sign provided thus I had to make one myself, which was stolen by someone by the time I returned - Shower looks clean and water temp is good, toilet flushes very loudly so beware of waking up neighbors - Room include free-standing closet which is helpful to hang clothes - Elevator is pretty slow so I suggest using the stairs - Very quiet neighborhood which is a huge plus - You can walk to downtown from here and many things to see along the way - Bed is nice and ample of pillows to sleep with - A/C works well which helps after a long day of walking, hiking, etc - Room smells funny so be sure to open window before leaving the room - Oh yeah, a working window is a big plus, a rarity among low-cost hotels
3 night trip Jul 3, 2014
"Ok place to just sleep"
Old, stained bedding; cracked tile; old, stained carpet; chipped paint; and stained furniture. Breakfast was over at 9:30, I got there at 8:30. Most everything was gone. I asked for more and eggs and bacon were brought out. Not sure where one can buy tissue paper thin bacon! No coffee but staff brought me a cup.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
It was a nice stay, but we stayed in a room in the 2nd part of the Comfort Inn Lamplighter Complex on the back street of the main building. It was a very small room.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Room was nothing like the description on hotel.com - refrigerator on bathroom sink couldn't open, stained bedspread , musty smelling no balcony
1 night business trip Jun 24, 2014
"Perfect for traveling/work"
I had a good experience here. The nice young man at the front gave me an extended late check-out so I could complete my phone meetings for work from my room. We got breakfast, the room was clean, it only takes 10 minutes to walk downtown, plus, SLO is beautiful. I would revisit the Comfort Inn.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
Paige
"Just Ok"
This is a basic hotel. Okay for just passing through. The top bed sheet was dirty and didn't give me a comfortable feeling at first glance. The room otherwise was in decent shape. Very conveniently located to nearby restaurants.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Brisko
"Disappointing stay this time."
When asked if I wanted to upgrade to a higher quality room, I thought I had been satisfied before. I was across the street this time, possibly due to my late arrival? When stepping on the strip where the carpet changed to tile, I felt nails, or tacks. The shower was too small for my large body and the toilet was uncomfortably low and close to the wall for my size. All in all, I was disappointed in my stay, unlike previous ones.
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
G. B.
As has happened to me a numb er of times when I use Expedia to book a room, the room is in an older portion of the complex. The room itself was very cramped with between 2 and 3 feet on either side and the ends of the bed. There was a path from the door past the bathroom and into the main part of the room. The rest was occupied by desk, dresser, armoire, refrigerator, and safe - this gives the room a very cramped feeling. To top it off, the room I was in was at the back of the property. Across the street is a frat house that according to the deck clerk, has a party every Friday and Saturday. Expect loud music until 12 or so along with no help from the desk clerk or the local PD. Overall it is barely ok for one night but I would not stay there any longer.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Conveniently located."
Easy check-in and out. Room was compact but had everything we needed. We were there for a family funeral and it was good to be close to a lot of my relatives.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
Beth
"Convenient Location - Nice Place"
Had a great weekend in SLO, price was a little steep, but the location and environment can't be beat.
1 night trip May 31, 2014
Geoff L.
It's was one time met my needs was comfortable and clean
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
"You can do better"
I have used this chain before and always been satisfied. This place was a dump! Almost everything in the room was broken or stained. They even sent us across the street for ice because every one of their ice makers was broken. For the price they were charging, there are much better options.
1 night trip May 30, 2014
"Comfort Inn- SLO"
The hotel lobby, breakfast area, grounds and my room was clean and met all expectations. Suggestion: if you're going to arrive late, have dinner prior to check-in as there are no restaurants open beyond 9:00 pm in the immediate area.
1 night business trip May 19, 2014
Bill S
"Okay, in a pinch - but wouldn't recommend it"
Front desk staff wasn't friendly and would completely ignore you if you didn't speak up. Hotel is very dated and tired looking. Rooms are old, carpet had that feel that someone had spilled soft drinks on it. I'd say it was okay in a pinch, but with more options, I would not stay here again.
2 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"Better than average"
The front desk staff person was very helpful. When I arrived, my room was not ready, as they were still cleaning up. I had to wait an extra hour to check-in, but he was nice enough to extend my check-out to a later time. Fortunately, the room was comfy and clean. Hotel location is very walkable to Downtown SLO. There's also a Trolley Pick-up location outside the hotel. The nightly rate was pricey, but I would be OK staying there again.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2014
"Good value, good location"
Overall it was as expected - decent room in a good location at a relatively low price.
1 night trip Apr 19, 2014
JC
"Great Hotel in San Luis Obispo"
Great location in San Luis Obispo. Close to town and the University. Only problem was lack of water pressure in the shower
2 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2014
"Yikes -- do your level best to avoid this Motel"
Easily one of the worst motel/hotel experiences we've had. Guess that's why it merits no more than 2 stars. NOT clean. No amenities. VERY small. And obviously hasn't been upgraded in over a decade. We were frankly very surprised and disappointed as soon as we walked in the door. At least a Motel 6 is CLEAN and this one clearly wasn't. We ended up staying out of the room as much as we could, until we just had to go to sleep. Never again, Comfort Inn.
1 night trip Apr 18, 2014
Joe Friedman
"Well located for downtown area and other sites"
It is a reasonably well maintained motel with a good staff. Very well located a few blocks from downtown area and near the 101. Not too expensive, either.
3 night trip Apr 7, 2014
Robert Beals
"Location to Cal Poly"
Office male suggested eatery, provided directions, was very respectful.
1 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Housekeeping only made the bed and added new towels as needed. Never had that happen before jn any motel or hotel. Would not stay here againj because of that.
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Jane
"CAL POLY BASEBALL"
It was a nice one night stay! Was up to watch CAL POLY BASEBALL TEAM. The guy at the front desk was not too friendly.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
"Found out the trick to getting the best room"
Our room was worn and many broken tiles and dirty carpet
1 night trip Mar 30, 2014
"Worst Pillows!"
I don't usually write reviews, but I hope that the hotel will read this and improve on their pillows. Let me start by saying that the hotel is really cute on the outside. The location is great! We walked 5 short blocks to all the action downtown. The room itself is ok. The furniture is getting old, but everything was clean and fine for the price. I was really grossed out by the pillows. They are terribly old. They are reduced to little squares, that seem like they just stuffed newspaper in an old pillow case that is also falling apart. I called and asked for better pillows but that is all they had. My 3 other friends had the same old tattered pillows. I seriously wanted to go buy a pillow but there was not Target near by. This hotel is really cute, and quaint, and inexpensive but the pillows have got to go! Please invest in some new pillows. I would stay here again if they replaced the pillows.
2 night trip with friends Apr 3, 2014
"worked great for seeing the college"
The room was clean and the breakfast was perfect for our stay. We were looking at the college and the location was perfect.
1 night trip Mar 30, 2014
Pros.... bed was very comfortable, quiet, nice neighborhood, price, available. Cons..... our room needed to have bathroom caulking replaced and hallway area could use painting. There was a nice swimming pool, breakfast was available but we didn't use the pool nor did we have breakfast there. Made other arrangements. Room had a refrig, microwave, iron and ironing broad.
2 night trip Mar 28, 2014
JEO
Great costumer service,room carpet a little bit "smelly",fridge too small.
4 night business trip Mar 24, 2014
Carlos Luna
bathroom needed updates as far as paint and new shower curtain. breakfast was really pathetic. front desk was wonderful the night I checked in!
1 night trip Mar 27, 2014
"Location was fine"
Because we received a lower rate from hotels.com, they told my daughter in law that our rooms wouldn't be the same as someone paying the regular price. Thus we received smaller rooms...
3 night trip Mar 25, 2014
Cheryl
"Okay if you just need a place to stay"
The fridge in the room is loud and makes noise all night. The pool is not heated, I didn't really expect it to b, but the hot tub was also freezing. We were in SLO to visit my daughter so it wasn't that big a deal. If I were going for a nice weekend I would stay somewhere else.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
Worst hotel ever! Jacuzzi didn't work, and that's why we booked this hotel. We stayed 2 nights and our room was never cleaned. We complained, but young men behind the desk really didn't care. I would never stay in this hotel again.
2 night trip Mar 14, 2014
"DO NOT STAY HERE"
We drove by the hotel before booking on Hotels.com. It had a decent location and it looked nice from the outside. After booking we went back a few hours later to check in. NO ONE was at the front desk. We waited for about ten minutes and finally a guy came in and gave us a lecture about checking in early. At that point we were only 30 min early. He said he had to check to see if our room was ready. That seemed odd since this was a decent sized place. After checking in we were informed that our room was actually across the street and it was in horrible repair. The door to our room must have been broken down or broken into as the frame was dented and wood splintered. The room stunk and we did not feel safe. If we had seen this before booking we would NEVER have booked here. Do yourself a favor and stay at one of the other nearby hotels that are about the same price and nicer. This place is beyond disgusting and they had a note on the wall that they have taken inventory and if anything is missing they will charge my charge card. Pass on this One
1 night trip Mar 14, 2014
Lori
"disappointing"
Upon arrival we were given a room that was old,tired and in need of complete refurbishment. Because the tv didnt work right we informed the desk. They sent someone over to fix it but werent able to. The desk then gave us another room that was in much better condition. Dont get a room in the building across the street until its refurbished!
1 night trip Mar 12, 2014
Garry
The room was very small and had an off smell to it. Beds were uncomfortable. Ice machine didn't work, no liners for the ice bucket and the bucket was dirty. Unusually a good hotel chain but this one was less then satisfactory.
1 night trip with friends Mar 11, 2014
"Good balance between price, location and room"
Room was OK, nice location, walking distance from downtown. Included an OK breakast.
1 night trip Feb 27, 2014
My stay was perfect. The room was good, the staff very friendly. I could walk to the shops and restaurants. I will stay here again.
2 night trip with friends Feb 14, 2014
M Hunt
"rat nest in the air conditioner"
I booked the room based on photos provided by comfort inn on their website. The reality was an absolute nightmare. The room was tiny with the bathroom sink next to the bed. The bed spread was covered in old stains. The electric outlet tripped every time we used it. The air conditioner blew warm air, and upon closer inspection, a large collection of rat feces was seen in the outlet fins. The room above us was being remodeled/repaired. The construction crew began their work before 7:00 am. We left early the next day, just wanted to get home and wash away the stench of this place.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2014
John K.
"Watch out for annex building x street from main ho"
Been traveling for over 30 days. Poorest value for the money yet. Was stuck in annex building across street from main hotel. This is a 50s hotel. Rooms smaller than average. Nonsmoking room. Nite stand broken and had cigarette burns. No ice bucket. No matter ice machine broken. Chose this hotel because it had a gym. Gym "under renovation". Travelodge across street much better value.
1 night trip Feb 3, 2014
"ANGELO ROCKS"
CLOSE TO CAL POLY- PERFORMING ARTS CENTER. GOOD RESTAURANTS NEARBY. (PAPPY MCGREGORS!) WE REALLY APPRECIATED THE ATTENTION GIVEN BY ANGELO WHO SEEMS TO BE THERE 24 HRS A DAY AND REALLY CARES! (AND HE'S VERY KNOWLEDGABLE ABOUT THE ARTS.
2 night trip Feb 7, 2014
"Birthday party"
Good. Hotel staff great. Okay location. Pr rfect for a 21st birthday group
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
"Great place to stay for a great price!"
Great hotel close to downtown, easy walk. Price was great. I stayed at the San Luis Creek Lodge the night before, which is a much "nicer" hotel, but for the price and the amount of time you should be spending in your room when you are in San Luis, Comfort Inn rocks! Staff was awesome, room was clean, what more do you want?
2 night trip Jan 31, 2014
"Comfort Inn"
Nice Hotel...good location...good beds
1 night trip Jan 23, 2014
John C
"great location"
The location is great in that it is within walking distance of downtown. The single queen room is nicer than the double queen room in which the microwave, refrigerator, and electrical outlets should be updated. Access to wifi is a necessary plus. My only complaint is that they always run out of breakfast food and is not replenished in a timely manner. Also there was a fire on the third floor, which set of a horrendous fire alarm, necessary, but they should've somehow offered some form of compensation or inconvenience apology to the guests.
1 night trip Jan 11, 2014
reviewer123
Very nice stay / very friendly staff. We noticed a problem with a fridge in my room (which is super important for us since we need it for our baby's milk). When we mentioned about that at the front desk, and we got a new room right away. Great location - 10 minutes wak to downtown restaurants though to get back to the hotel, we took taxi (it was $10 with tips)
1 night trip Jan 4, 2014
Looked good from the outside
1 night trip Dec 31, 2013
Donette
"decent place to stay"
This place has a lot of things going for it. Location ideal to downtown SLO, service very good, etc. However there were a few things that made us wonder. The gap between the carpet threshold area in our specific room had the spikes exposed, the shower was poor in design and function, and the bathroom was about the size of the hotel room sleeping area. Wasted space. These "complaints" are minimal I think, but something to consider if you are picky.
1 night romance trip Dec 30, 2013
"Average"
The staff was pleasant, room was dated, and bed lumpy. Toilet sounded like a jet taking off or launching of a torpedo. Breakfast was more than I had expected but not enough seating, had to eat standing up one morning because all tables were taken (no food allowed out of area).
2 night trip Dec 28, 2013
"Good for one night road stop"
Good spot for road trip stop!
1 night trip Dec 25, 2013
Our room was great, but the hot tub wasn't working, nor was the pool!
2 night family trip Dec 22, 2013