All hotels in Brownsville, Texas, United States of America
1985 North Expressway 83BrownsvilleTX78520United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

My bf and I see loved the hotel
1 night trip Feb 14, 2016
Excellent hotel. Would definitely stay there again. A little difficult to locate the first time there.
1 night romance trip Feb 2, 2016
Great hotel. Very clean and comfortable beds. Will definitely stay there again.
3 night family trip Nov 22, 2015
"Holiday Inn Express Brownsville."
Got in late, but the desk was manned. How well is open to discussion. They seemed to have trouble checking me in, which I have never experienced with a Hotel.com stay before. Otherwise, the stay was fine.
2 night business trip Nov 5, 2015
Overall, I like this hotel. It was quiet, and everything appeared pretty clean and the staff was friendly. However, there were a couple of things that bothered me a little. First, when we first entered the room there was an odd odor. I'm not sure, but I think the carpet had recently been cleaned and it was from that process that the odor arose. It didn't bother me enough to complain and I adjusted to it after about ten minutes. The other thing that bothered me was the breakfast. I did not like the taste of the sausage and eggs. They had biscuits, but no gravy. However, I was able to make due with toast, fruit and oatmeal.
1 night family trip Nov 3, 2015
"Smell"
The carpet was dirty and there was a terrible smell. Ac filters need to be changed and the toilet moved. Marriott was better
Other trip Sep 20, 2015
Good
2 night family trip Sep 7, 2015
Jorge
"Good stay for Affordable price"
It was a clean room, location was good in terms of accessibility to stores and highway. It is 30 mins away from South Padre and is less expensive than staying in South Padre. It is worth the money
2 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
nivedita
"Absolutely wonderful!"
Loved our stay. Great staff and room.
1 night trip Jul 24, 2015
We got locked out of our room for 30 minutes because our key didn't work. The shower didn't have any water pressure. The breakfast was not good.
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
"Sneaky dirty place."
The room smelled badly. the carpet was dirty. The front desk staff was rude and days later they tried to put charges on my credit card they could not explain. How sneaky is that? Will never stay there again. Rather stay at a motel.
3 night business trip Jun 2, 2015
"Trip to South Padre"
Stayed two nights. Room is quite large, stylish and comfortable; also had a great view of the small river that run behind it. Breakfast was great. They had cinnamon rolls, automated hotcakes, cereal, eggs, sausage, muffins, milk, orange juice, apple juice, and bagels. Just get breakfast before 8am since it can get crowded. Bathroom was nice. Pool was large with hot tub. Pool was supposed to close at 10pm but me and my gf stayed in the pool undisturbed way past that. Would stay again.
2 night romance trip Jun 25, 2015
Phillip
Bed a little too hard for my liking. Overall, good stay.
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
LILIANA
"Great stay except for the pool"
The hotel was new and very clean. One manager in particular by the name of Joe was extremely helpful. The breakfast was also very nice. The only negative aspect was the outdoor pool which was poorly secured. We observed SEVERAL locals (definitely not guests) who, on more than one occasion, used the pool and propped open the security doors.
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
"good times"
Nice hotel. Friendly staff. Would stay here again!
4 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
laura
"Family trip"
Very good breakfast everything was perfect.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
ARMANDO
"couldn't ask for more"
easy access off the feeder road. clean and neat. employees were very friendly. breakfast was free and fine. that's all I need. Price was right.
Other trip May 15, 2015
Greg
Excellent, clean, safe hotel for the price. A very good value.
Other trip May 12, 2015
"Overall a great hotel stay!"
It was great! No complaints except a little maintenance in the hall. I enjoyed the stay! Decent small gym - worked for me.
4 night business trip Apr 15, 2015
Gilbert
"Nice hotel for the price"
The staff was friendly and helpful! The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The sink faucet was leaking, but was not a major concern. In all, the hotel was nice and affordable.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Rose
"Unexpected $200 Deposit, Poor Recordkeeping"
The hotel was clean and easy to find. There was a towel bar missing from the bathroom so we had to hang one towel from the robe hook and another from the shower curtain rod. The neighborhood was across the street from the saddest mall I've ever visited. We were charged an unexpected $200 deposit when we arrived and their computer system charged it twice. I had to call my bank to put a hold on the charge and reappeared the next day anyway and both charges didn't clear for three business days after I checked out. So I had a $400 charge on my debit card from my Thursday check in until the following Wednesday. The folks at the front desk were very polite but they didn't know where the second charge came from and couldn't reverse it. The information on my paperwork was also wrong, as they had a different last name for me and information for a MasterCard that I don't have on my reservation because they combined my information with the billing information used by hotels.com when the reservation was charged.
3 night trip with friends Mar 19, 2015
Alexis
"worst hotel ever!"
this was the worst hotel ever. as i checked in I ask for a quiet room since I needed to rest and wake up very early. they send me to a room in the second floor which seemed peaceful but at around 9pm a near by bar across the hotel started playing extremely loud music and the people staying in the rooms near mine were extremely loud openning and closing doors all night I was lucky to get 2 hours of sleep. Plus the biggest dissapoinment was that the room was not very clean pulled a table to set my things and was full of stains and as i was going to make myself a coffee the spoon was was provided was dirty. yuck! Not only I just had 2 hours of sleep but had to check out myself because even the recepcionist told me they had express check out they never left anything under my door. check out and they didnt even seem to care when I was asked how was my stay and told them they didnt even offer an apology or anything but even my room was prepaid when I booked through expedia they gave me a receipt with a completely different amount which Im still hoping those charges dont apper in my bank statement of the card they requested when i check in. i dont recommend this hotel at all.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
mia
"Would stay there again."
Nice room overlooking the canal. Hotel is set back from highway so room was quiet. Friendly staff.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
"Very Convenient"
Very convenient & Hospitable stay. Comfortable beds & pillows. My ONLY comment is their Tuesday evening Guest Appreciation 2 Hour Hospitality. The selection & quality is below the standard set by the other amenities. Either upgrade it or do away with it entirely. It wasn't worth the effort and was terribly unappetizing.
2 night business trip Feb 22, 2015
"get away"
great hotel, room is modern and in good condition, excellent breakfast, right off the expressway
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Elvira
"I will always stay here"
Good room, good food, helpful staff. Would not stay anywhere else. You definetly get what you pay for.
6 night business trip Jan 20, 2015
"Too Short"
too short
1 night romance trip Jan 19, 2015
"Highly Recommend"
The room was very clean and comfortable. Having the microwave and refrigerator was very helpful. Service was really good. Location was good. We would stay there again when visiting the area.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Thouroghly enjoyed it."
clean room, friendly staff, great stay, keep up the good work.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
cindy
"Can't go wrong here!"
Very nice hotel conveniently located off the interstate. Room was spacious and very clean. HIE always has a nice breakfast buffet. Great value for the money.
1 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
"Brownsville trip"
It was a very clean hotel. This is the second time I stay here. The breakfast they offer is really good to get your day going.
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Victor
"pleasant stay"
It's one of the better places to stay in Brownsville. The rooms were a bit too humid for my liking. And I was never able to get a hold of the hotel with the phone number listed online.
2 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
Rose
"Brownsville"
This is really a great place to stay in Brownsville. The location is very good. The hotel is clean and nice. The staff, particularly Amanda, are great. There is a really great restaurant across the water from the hotel as well.
4 night romance trip Nov 16, 2014
Staff was friendly and room had a very nice view. However, music across water was too loud at night. One of the beds had sheets that were not totally dry. Overall, it was ok.
"Good place"
Very good stay, personnel very friendly. Nice rooms and quiet. Overall, great 2 day stay.
2 night business trip Nov 6, 2014
Leon
"Clean room"
Big clean comfy room that is convenient to the airport.
1 night romance trip Nov 2, 2014
beverly
"Late arrival call the hotel they sent a taxi free"
Call the hotel. they sent a taxi free of charge to pick us up, quick check-in, our room large and comfortable, breakfast was great, many choices, free taxi back to the airport. Be sure to check that they call taxi, take about 15 minutes.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
like nice.
"Brownsville Stay"
The front desk personnel were very helpful.
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
Alicia
Great hotel and stay.
3 night business trip Sep 23, 2014
Dr. Clinton Thomas
Good condition, but under reparing so a lillte noising.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
"No Option But Smoking Room"
When booking the room over expedia, it was stated that both of our rooms where Non-Smoking, when checking in, it was informed to us, that only one room was Non-Smoking, and there was no other option to offer but a Smoking room, which stench, not a very pleasant night. We book the No Refundable over expedia, so we were kind of doomed.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Francisco
"Good hotel"
Excellent service. Great food. Everything its clean
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
ingrid
"Good Location"
Room was very nice and comfortable. Breakfast included made it very convenient. Hotel personnel were very attentive to your needs. Nice location with everything you need within minutes away. I will definitely return.
3 night business trip Jul 30, 2014
David G.
"pleasantly suprised"
This was somewhat of a last minute stay on our was to SPI. The roo.s were clean, beds were very comfortable! Breakfast was fresh and tasted great. Would recommend to anyone who has to go to Brownsville.
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2014
Krystle
Awesome place! My children were pleasantly surprised by the view. Breakfast buffet excellent, the staff very friendly and helpful. We'll stay here every time we visit the Rio Grande Valley!
1 night family trip Jul 14, 2014
Edith
"great location for island access"
If you're looking for a good hotel that will save you some money for a SPI getaway, this is the place. It is clean, staff is friendly and helpful and the breakfast was good. SPI is a short 20 minute drive plus it is also close to shopping and restaurants. This is a hotel that will see return business from me.
4 night family trip Jul 7, 2014
Brainerd
"Beautiful Rooms"
Our stay was awesome....loved the rooms and the staff was very nice and friendly. The bldg as a whole was under construction but that did not affect our stay....HIGHLY RECOMMEND
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Tess
"Great place"
Overall great stay
4 night trip Jun 29, 2014
Bryon & Brenda
"Nice place to stay."
As we entered the lobby first thing we saw was some remodeling going and thought oh no. Our room was on the 3rd floor with an extremely nice view of small lake and that offset the remodeling stuff. Rooms were clean and spacious. Enjoyed our 2 night stay and would stay again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brownsville
Thanks for your feedback! We are pleased to know your stay was great despite our remodeling. The hotel will be through with renovations very soon. We hope you come back to see the final product. Thanks again!
2 night family trip Jun 21, 2014
Vicky
"Improvements"
Very nice. I'm glad you all decided to upgrade. It's coming along nicely.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brownsville
Thanks for your compliment! We are working very hard to complete the renovation as quickly as possible. We are glad to know you like our new look. Thanks again!
2 night trip Jun 14, 2014