All hotels in Gravenhurst, Ontario, Canada
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1209 Muskoka Beach Rd, Gravenhurst, ON, P1P1R1, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Golf (husband) - Fluff and Buff (wife)"
Great golf course, first class reception by hotel and spa staff and excellent lakeside view room. It is worth upgrading to a suite with lake view. Taboo is one of the best golf courses I have ever played. Clubhouse reception, personal warm up area on range and attentive staff. Played early morning mid week tee time and had the course to myself. Very tough par 3s. Great Muskoka course. Took a nice mountain bike tour. My wife spent several hours in the spa and loved it. Kayaking and tennis. Lots to do.
1 night romance trip Jul 22, 2013
Don and Jane

"Great hotel!"
Amazing stay! Our second time here, still beautiful, amazing view of the lake. Would come back.
2 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Sasha
Absolutely spectactular!!Room was gorgeous, comfortable ...view was to die for! Relaxing beyond our expectations. Thank you!
2 night trip Sep 28, 2014
Catherine
"Beautiful resort on Lake Muskoka"
A late september visit will leave you breathless, the colours were stunning!
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Doug
"Nice resort"
Our problem was the air condition First nite was not working didn't sleep well The next day we mentioned to the staff was not fixed When we told them this when we were checking out they said you will get an email just put in your evaluation It is a very expensive resort didn't expect that behavior from the staff
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Our Stay this week was very nice!"
Our stay was overnight with my grandson! The only thing I would comment on was staff at waterfront for watercraft were not helpful at all! We had been at JW Marriott at Rosseau where water craft was far more helpful and a bigger section of craft and staff! There were no watertoys ie trampoline in water or slides for Children! Not good!
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
grandmother
"Nice hotel close to beach"
Relaxing environment. Decent food. But hotel is a bit old and facilities need some upgrade, too. Overall it was a relaxing weekend.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Carey
From kayaking, to the campfire and making s'mores, to hiking the surrounding trails, there was enough to keep us busy for the two days we were there. Had a beautiful lake-view room, great weather, and a beautiful sunset. Staff were very friendly and attentive, great service.
1 night romance trip May 31, 2014
Alana
"Over our expectation!"
Staff from Taboo goes beyond your expectations. When I lost my stuff they went find it for me even after I checked out from the resort.
Other trip May 26, 2014
Kel
"Great Resort"
Stayed here for my birthday weekend. Great resort and great amenities. Well maintained resort. Good food and good service. That's why I keep coming back every year.
2 night romance trip May 17, 2014
Myra Kang
"One of the best resorts I've been to."
Really good customer service. Food was really good at Elements. Rooms were clean and beautiful with stunning lake view. Would definitely come back again.
Other trip May 22, 2014
"A Fantastic Experience"
My stay at Taboo Resort was wonderful and memorable. It was intended as a weekend getaway for my boyfriend's birthday, we were waiting for the weather to warm up and we were very lucky to have beautiful weather the entire time. The room/view was breathtaking. We had a lakeside room, which was beautifully decorated and extremely clean and new. The morning was especially wonderful for the view, we ate breakfast on our balcony, it was very peaceful and relaxing - exactly what we were looking for. One of the main highlights of our stay was the dinner we enjoyed. It was the first night of the Culinary Theater, in which a chef prepared a 7 course meal in front of us and explained each detail of the ingredients and process. All of the meat, fish, vegetables, and other food were locally sourced from around the area, and other places in Ontario and Canada. That was one of the coolest things about the whole dinner experience, I really never knew the amazing flavours and food Ontario had to offer. The chef prepared some of the most delicious plates that I have really ever tasted. I ate every single morsel that was put in front of me and it included salmon, Arctic char, duck, and pork. All meats and fish I have never really given a chance but the way they were prepared was at the highest flavour level. I will be back as soon as possible. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing romantic getaway - Taboo met every expectation I set for it.
1 night romance trip May 10, 2014
Nikita Ferri
"Great getaway from the city"
Myself and my boyfriend had a fantastic stay at Taboo,we stayed for 2nights- defiantly will be back! Everyone at Taboo where so friendly and helpful,valet,bar staff,the guys working in the recreation centre. We where so thrilled with everything, our favourite activity for the weekend was snowmobling, the guy working in the recreation centre even brought us out on the frozen lake with the snowmobile which was such a great experience. Our only problem we found was the menu in the fireside bar it didn't have many options and when we did choose food,the portion sizes where extremely small,saying that it was delicious!! Thank you Taboo for a great experience.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
eimear
"very nice view, comfortable and cozy."
very relaxing, staff was excellent,food was great. would recommend and definetly go back.
Other trip Dec 3, 2013
"Excellent romantic get away"
If you're looking for a cottage experience mixed with an amazing resort feel, Taboo is the place for you!
3 night romance trip Jul 29, 2013
Anthony
"Would NEVER go back."
On first glance this resort looked peaceful and inviting. We checked in at 4 pm. At first we liked the look of our room, but was disappointed that there was no mini fridge. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom a nice large space. The balcony is small, but the view is breathtaking. Unfortunately they had smeared some kind of anti-bug goo all over the chair arms so we could not sit in the chair in a relaxed style. We were upset during the night as we could not control the temperature in the room. It was way too hot and we could do nothing to fix it. They were so short staffed it was insane. We called about a half hour after checking in to book a massage and we were told that they had NO appointments available that day or the entire next day. Seeing as this is a SPA resort, we were extremely dismayed and went down to speak to them. When we got down there we were confronted by three of the most snotty women I have ever met. One of them telling us that they just had a cancellation for the next day, which I found very interesting seeing as we just spoke to them not five minutes earlier on the phone. I booked this one appointment for my boyfriend and although he said the massage therapist was great, he was disgusted at the service of the front desk. We ate dinner one night in the Elements restaurant - way overpriced for a tiny portion of food. For over $250 a night we felt robbed and will NEVER ever go to this resort again. Check out the other fine resorts.
Other trip May 26, 2013
Sherry
"In Love"
Loved everything about it! Next time will plan for a longer stay!
Other trip May 20, 2013
"Great getaway"
We had a great time, even though the timing wasn't right. The winter activities were done and the summer activities hadn't started yet, but we were able to go on short hikes with our 3 year old twins. The scenery is beautiful and Taboo is a wonderful spot. The hotel staff were friendly and the rooms clean. We love the contemporary look of the hotel rooms. Will definitely be back.
2 night family trip Apr 4, 2013
"Anniversary Weekend at Taboo"
My husband and I checked in to the resort on March 22nd and stayed 2 nights. It was our 6th anniversary and GM of the hotel was very nice to treat us with dinner at Elements Restaurant, a bottle of wine and a cheese platter at room with a handwritten congrats card. He also wrote a portion in my mothertongue which is Turkish. How thougtful. All staff was aware that it was a special time for us, we were served complimentary deserts and drinks almost ever day during our stay.We stayed at room 429, really big room, facing lake with a seating area facing the firecplace. We also booked a couples massage at the spa with registered massage therapist and they did a fantastic job. We are definitely going back to the resort in summer as it seems like there are even more recretional activies in summer. Highyl recommend to anyone - just reserve one of the premier lakefront rooms. Those are the best ones and recently renovated.
2 night trip Mar 22, 2013
Melis
"Beautiful Resort"
This resort is beautiful, clean and the room we stayed in was completely renovated and modern. We stayed in one of the Premier Lakefront rooms and had a spectacular view of the lake from the 3rd storey. With a spa on site, my boyfriend treated me to a choice of the packages they offered. We will definately visit again.
Other trip Mar 18, 2013
"Weekend getaway"
Excellent resort, superb rooms with great views, extremely friendly staff, great experience overall, will definitely be going back.
1 night romance trip Jan 12, 2013
Edward
"Mid-Week Business Visit"
My experience is somewhat unusual as I stayed at taboo during the week of Jan 7-11, 2013, and it was very quiet. However, my room was beautiful. The hotel accommodated a 2pm check-out. The staff were very attentive and accommodating. The resort was VERY quiet, but that was likely due to the time of year and my mid-week stay. I would love to go back when I have an opportunity to participate in the activities offered. FYI, food portions in the Lounge are large. A pizza easily feeds two people, and the salads are enough for a full lunch. I definately want to go back on a leisure trip instead of business.
Other trip Jan 11, 2013
AML
"Romatic getaway"
Although it was a bit of a drive to Gravenhurst, Taboo Resort was well worth the drive. The room had a gorgeous view of Lake Muskoka, and was very large and well appointed. The contemporary decor was current and lovely. The service was outstanding--all staff were very friendly. The food was great except for the lunches--the menu was limited. The wine prices were very high. The spa was exceptional as were the staff of the spa.
3 night romance trip Oct 12, 2012
"wonderful"
My girlfriend and I stayed here for our four year anniversary. The view was the best part from our balcony that was attached to our suite. It was also the place where I proposed to her, and now we are happily engaged.
Business trip Oct 5, 2012
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
1 night trip Jun 9, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for Taboo Muskoka Resort

"Awesome view of Lake"
05/21/15 Dave W Jacksons Point
I was told the rooms had just been renovated and ours showed it. Beautiful and clean, washroom had a glass stand up shower and a nice deep tub. I found the room size nice and large and the view of the lake is 2nd to none. We got a continental breakfast with our room, it was very small and not a lot to choose from and no chairs or tables, so you had to take food back to your room. They have 3 pools, but none in our building, so you have a little walk to go swimming. If you can get a deal like we did $125 lake view/night. Then it's well worth it.
"Service and management has really gone down since the fire"
05/17/15 mgonc69 toronto
I used to love going to Taboo, great service, staff and experience. I am currently here at the resort and I have to say, service has definitely gone downhill, I imagine since the fire. It seems management doesn't really care anymore. From the minute we checked in, it seems the front office staff are not happy and certainly not welcoming. The room rate comes with breakfast, served til 10am, we arrived at 9:30 and had to wait quite a while for them to replenish. Basically it is served on the 3rd floor, one very small table where there were empty containers - supposed to have croissant, muffins and yogurt. Each container was empty while about a dozen guests waited. This long weekend, the resort was fully sold out, and I guess they didn't anticipate the number of people in the resort and how much breakfast there should be ready? I don't mean to be picky about this, but these little things make a difference. Pools we found were very dirty. These are reasons why I feel the management just doesn't care anymore. Also, room keys didn't work on second day, went to front desk to have it fixed and had to wait 15 minutes while they figure out how to fix the problem, and front staff commented that they've been having problems with room keys since yesterday. Management should have taken steps to get the problem fixed to avoid this. Also, the hotels takes a deposit for incidentals, yet there's nothing in the fridge and you can't charge food from boathouse grill to the room. Also room and sheets doesn't seem to be as clean as before. I have to say though that the staff in the recreation centre was very friendly, always smiled and said hello, how are you whenever you entered the rec centre. But overall I think Taboo management has lost it's interest in being one of the best resorts in Gravenhurst. It no longer is.
"Come back in 2 years"
05/17/15 Violetandroses Toronto, Canada
Stayed here in the past. To be clear, they are under renovation after experiencing a fire in the fall. This is fine...except the management seem to have stopped caring. Terrible continental breakfast (everything packaged), remaining restaurant in a conference room with no effort to create ambience (food is good), pool heater broken...they are clear at time of booking that they are under construction, which is fine, but all concerns above are entirely avoidable. And during a full house no less. Well be back in a few years :)
"Looking forward to returning"
03/06/15 HWgolfer Ajax, Canada
Taboo is located in a very quiet part of Muskoka. I have only visited in the fall, winter and spring so I imagine it is busier in the summer. The view is spectacular and the service is excellent. The grounds are well kept. I have cross country skied, skated, hiked, swam and generally relaxed at the hotel. I am looking forward to our next visit.
"Amazing Escape"
12/23/14 GregJ33 Toronto, Canada
Great Escape just north of Toronto. Taboo has everything you want from an amazing spa to lakeside fun for the family. I have stayed here many times, with my wife, gone up with friends and hung out with family, we always have an amazing time. It is truly a gem in Muskoka.
"Amazing Golf"
12/12/14 R C Toronto, Canada
Rented a condo at Taboo. Rooms and layout were perfect for a group of guys, would work for a family too.Was first class all the way. The golf was world class. Beautiful, wonderfully spaced play. Challenging course. Highly recommend playing there at least once.
"Relaxing Stay"
12/08/14 W L Toronto, Canada
Arrival and check in with customer service representative and valet was quick efficient and courteous. During check in we were informed that the room had been upgraded to a Platinum class which was appreciated. Dining and service was very good with attentive staff. Breakfast buffet which was included with our stay was typical hotel fair. Overall a pleasant experience.
"Too Late!"
12/06/14 Michael B Bracebridge, Canada
My husband and I just returned from a 'packaged' 1 night stay at this resort opting to stay overnight after our Probus Christmas party. Our room had a fantastic view straight up Lake Muskoka, was modern, clean and well laid out with a wonderful gas fireplace. Although we live in Muskoka (Bracebridge), this was our first time staying at Taboo and would not hesitate to do it again. Unfortunately, after the recent fire in the Fireside Lounge, it was discovered that there were more major electrical, gas and structural problems than originally thought and we were advised, and confirmed by staff, that the Hotel is closing for an extended period, probably 2 years, to do all that is needed to bring the hotel up to current fire/safety codes. We definitely will patronize this hotel then because it was well worth the money. The food served at our party was delicious, hot and properly prepared. All staff we encountered from the bar tender at the Elements Lounge, to the wait staff in the banquet room and Elements Dining Room at breakfast were courteous and informative. Put this Hotel on your 'to do list' for the future and I can't wait for the 'grand opening' in a couple of years.
"Beautiful property, Great Staff"
12/02/14 Anthony C Barrie, Canada
We just stayed at Taboo resort for 1 night for my wife's company Christmas party and it was fantastic. The food was beautifully cooked (which is not easy for a big group), the staff were fantastically courteous and friendly, the rooms were very nicely appointed and the view was stunning. I would stay there again in a heart beat and in the warmer weather you might not get me out of the room as it would be wonderful to spend an afternoon sipping cocktails and staring out at the stunning view the lake. They are apparently closing the resort from Dec 2014 to May 2015 for a major renovation (which is needed on the exterior of some of the older buildings). I can't wait to see how the renos turn out next summer.
"overall experience"
12/02/14 Marjorie s S New York City, New York
overall it is a nice resort but breakfast not included with the high cost of the rooms is disappointing. dinner on gourmet room excellent but they need a new menu at the outdoor restaurant. quite boring and it never changed