All hotels in St. Petersburg, Russia
14 Malaya Morskaya Street, St. Petersburg, 190000, Russia, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
Excellent
5 night trip with friends Aug 18, 2015
my husband and i enjoyed our PETRO Hotel . The vicinity for us is excellent . After we got used to area till we realized we are next to the port, such a lovely place to stay and definitely will come back.
4 night romance trip Aug 12, 2015
leonora
"Great location, great service"
Great service! They helped us with our tourist voucher letter within the day, spoke great English and were well informed and helpful. But the best part is its location, which is close to St. Isaac's cathedral, Nevsky Prospekt, State Hermitage Museum, and Peter and Paul Fortress. If we weren't young people on a budget, we would have loved to stay there longer.
2 night trip with friends Jul 17, 2015
Tiffany
"Excellent stay in Historic Heart"
Excellent location and service. Spacious rooms.
4 night trip with friends Jul 6, 2015
Tharen
"Stay here - it's fantastic!"
Great location, great hotel, great breakfast! There's no reason to stay elsewhere - the room was very modern and spacious, the service was great, the location is superb and it's a great value. We couldn't recommend it highly enough!
4 night romance trip May 25, 2015
Todd
"Petro Palace - St. Petersburg"
Excellent hotel and staff. Ideal location - walking distance to most major sites like Hermitage, St. Isaac, and Nevsky Prospekt. Great buffet breakfast. The concierge arranged for taxis, and a day trip with a guide to Pushkin and Peterhof (must visits), and were always available to answer questions.
5 night trip May 5, 2015
Located at walking distance to many historical landmarks
Other trip May 11, 2015
Kaihong
"Petro Palace - A+"
Petro Palance is located in the BEST part of St. Petersburg. Close to the metro, walking distance to fabulous historical buildings like the Hermitage, monuments, etc. We had breakfast as part of our package and the staff was so pleasant every morning. They hustled quickly to ensure the tables were cleared off and reset so hotel guests could get on their way. We had read that the walls were super thin and you would hear your neighbors. We were there for 9 nights and never heard a thing! Everyone was so friendly. We recommend this hotel to folks that are traveling to St. Petersburg.
9 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
Merrilee
"Beautiful, clean and quiet hotel."
Waling distance from the Hermitage and 2 minutes from the metro which gets you everywhere you want to go.
Other trip May 1, 2015
"Fabulous stay"
Fabulous weekend stay! Will be coming back with my extended family. Perfectly located in downtown St. Petersburg, minutes walk to the Hermitage. Nice and comfortable to come back to after browsing the city all day. Staff is very professional and helpful, everyone speaks English.
2 night family trip Apr 18, 2015
Natalya
"Not a 4 starrs hotel"
Overrated hotel, room cleaniness needs major improvment, my room was NOT cleaned for 2 DAYS!!!!!! Although, few $$$ tip was picked up!!!!)))))))
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
T.
"Very nice hotel in the heart of St. Petersburg"
Our hotel was located within 5 mins walk to Nevskiy Prospekt and Admiralteyskaya Metro Station. St. Isaac Cathedral, Hermitage Museum, Kazan Cathedral, Church of the Savior on Blood and Russian Museum were within 10-15 mins of walking distance... Also around the corner was this restaurant Jerom which had marvellous food and deserts. Hotel had an indoor pool and jacuzi area which we did not use. There also was a fitness center with tread mills and all but the area was confined to 40m2 windowless area. We did not use the gym.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Sukru
Our stay was excellent. We stayed there for 2 nights. The location is perfect!! We walked everywhere and did not have to rely on subway or buses at all (except for when getting from and to the train station).
2 night romance trip Feb 4, 2015
Andy
"Good location and price, but not a 5 star"
Personally, I'd rate this hotel as a 4 star, not a 5 star. The facilities and rooms were nicely equipped, but there was no glitz or glamor to the place. Staff courteous and helpful. The pool, spa, sauna and fitness center is very good. Great location, good price.
3 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
Vernon
"Better Than Expected"
Great hotel at a great location.
8 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
"Excellent Location"
Excellent location and a great value.
8 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
Bradley
"Modern hotel in the heart of St. Petersburg"
We were very pleased with our stay in the Petro Palace hotel. It is modern, comfortable and minutes away from the major attractions. There is a nice fitness center and even a pool which is unusual for a downtown hotels. Staff was pleasant, breakfast very good. We'll stay there again.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
"excellent hotel"
very professional and super price compare to other 4 star hotels. highly recommend... also lots of good restaurants near by and perfect transit near all ways to commute
2 night business trip Nov 3, 2014
pedro javier
"Within walking distance of incredible sights"
Every aspect of our stay was positive: convenience, cleanliness, cost. I would suggest adding breakfast to your stay, it is extra, very good and can last you until 6pm.
5 night trip Oct 16, 2014
"Great location. From this hotel we walked to most"
My wife and I liked this hotel before we even got to the hotel because they sent us the Tourist voucher within few hours. Foreigners have to have this in order to get a Russian visa. So that was awesome. Some companies charge up to $100 for this but we got it from the Hotel with no extra charge. Our experience at the hotel was great. The staff were great and most importantly there was no communication barrier since they spoke fluent English. What we liked most about this hotel is the location. It is in the heart of the city. Conveniently located. My wife and I did a whole lot by walking because most of the places are just nearby. Lastly, even though it is in the middle of this big city, the hotel is surprisingly quiet. No regrets and definitely will stay there again!
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Mfaume
"Perfect location"
Had a lovely stay but the hotel staff could have been more friendly - the bar and restaurant staff were lovely but when asking any questions of the desk staff you felt as if you were interrupting them and i don't believe they ever smiled.
2 night trip with friends Sep 24, 2014
"Nice, clean, and convenient."
We stayed in this place over one night between our travel destinations . Beautiful area with walking distance to many historical places even over one evening. Staff is very pleasant, hotel is clean, and rooms are comfortable and quiet. Would stay there again if in the area.
Other trip Sep 19, 2014
Olga
"Great location! Great room!"
This hotel was great! The location is very convenient to explore St. Petersburg. The room was very comfortable with a comfy bed & really high ceilings. We loved it!
2 night family trip Sep 1, 2014
Jeff Miles
"close to sights"
worth the money
2 night trip Aug 31, 2014
Henry
The hotel was very comfortable and in a great location. Some signs of age in the bathroom but overall in good condition.
2 night romance trip Aug 27, 2014
Comfortable and clean, a nice stay. Hotel is quiet and walking distance from lots of sights and restaurants.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Very disappointing"
This is place is not worth the money. A good location is the only thing it's got going for it.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
Luis
"Great Location with Superior Service"
The Petro Palace couldn't be more convenient located centrally among the major sites of the Palace Quarter of St Petersburg. The staff were uniformly helpful, from the immediate provision of the Visa Support Document to advice on sightseeing and transportation services. The hotel's understated lobby and bar area are pleasantly unpretentious but accommodating and being on a commercial side-street, there are numerous alternatives for meals, snacks or drinks within steps. Overall, the Petro Palace offers excellent value for money.
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"Good value hotel"
Stayed at the Petro Palace for 6 nights in August 2014 and it turned out to be an excellent choice. The rooms were clean and comfortable (stayed in the 7th floor) and updated. The hotel is centrally located and an easy walk to St. Isaac's, the Winter Palace, Nevsky Prospekt, Kazan Cathedral, and the hydrofoils to Peterhof. The staff were helpful and spoke English. The gift shop in the hotel had a very good selection of souvenirs and were very reasonably priced. Our room had excellent fast wifi connection (you might want to check if the cost for this is included in your room charge, ours was). The breakfast was very good, with a wide range of choices and it wasn't at all busy when we went to eat between 7-7:30am. All in all, very good value for the price, highly recommended.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Quill2005
"This is a fantastic hotel!"
Petro Palace Hotel is a couple of blocks from the Hermitage, 1 block from Isaac's Shrine, and so much more. The restaurants around it are great! Our room was very comfortable - not too small. And we had a REAL shower, unlike other hotels in Europe! The staff was friendly and helpful.
2 night trip Aug 17, 2014
"Cold Hot Tub"
The location is perfect and the staff is delightful. The staff was delightful and always at your service. However, rhe hot tub /jacuzzi was always cold when it worked at all. This is a huge disappointment after a long day of touring. The pool area overall was dirty! Really a disappointment.
5 night trip Aug 14, 2014
GP
"Very convenient location"
We stayed 4 nights in late July to August. Transfer service was there to meet us at the airport as we requested. We arranged a taxi to the railway station when we left. The concierge service was excellent, and front people were very good English speakers.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Yohko
Its a nice, comfortable hotel which is very close to city centre so you can walk to everywhere. Its location is easy to transport from the airport by metro (first you take bus from airport which takes you to the closest metro station to airport )
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
ce
"Great Location, Breakfast, Fitness Cener & Pool"
The Petro Palace Hotel turned out to be a great choice. It is walking distance from St Issac's and the Hermitage and two trolleys stop only a short walk up or down the street and it is also a short walk to a Metro stop. The hotel is 100 years old but was recently refurbished and the rooms and lobby are quite nice. The breakfast buffet which was included with our room is outstanding. They have a business center with two computers and a printer, fax machine with free local calls and a copy machine. Free WiFi in the rooms and lobby. The fitness center was great and the spa area had a large hot tub, nice pool large enough to actually swim in as well as a sauna all complimentary. They even loaned me bathing trunks and slippers for the pool. The concierge and reception staff all spoke good English and were very helpful. A bit on the expensive side but well worth it expecially considering the great full breakfast and other amenities.
2 night trip Aug 10, 2014
"Petro Palace Perfection!"
Petro Palace is centrally located. Perfect to visit all of the city's highlights. The staff are wonderful & very accommodating. Really helpful & pleasant. No complaints.
5 night romance trip Aug 1, 2014
"Excellent location"
Two min. walk from St .Isaac Cathedral , Nevsky st. and Neva River . It is centrally located in very safe area.. Great eating places nearby. I and my daughter walked to Neva river at 1.30am to watch bridges opening event! Our room was huge,clean and very comfortable. We ordered room service for breakfast . They sent lots of food and service was prompt and professional. Hotel lobby is not big though. Overall, we highly recommend this hotel. You can walk to majority of sightseeing places from this hotel.
3 night trip Jul 28, 2014
"big disappointment"
my complaint is related to what i see in "value for money" although the room was big as per surface in square meters, it was extremly narrow. in fact the room was higher than wider.Two persons could not pass together from one side of the room to the other. The beds (each of the two) were very narrow - not wider than one meter. in such an expensive hotel I would expect larger beds. The lobby is not at all impressive more like a lobby of a three star hotel Breakfast : nothing special that you expect from a four star hotel.Basic . no bellboy at arrival or departure. in fact i did not see bell boy at all. In conclusion: I did not feel staying at a four star hotel. No value for money at this hotel.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
Yoav
"Excellent location, good value, secure, helpful."
I've now stayed two times at the Petro Palace in St. Petersburg. The location is fabulous--just footsteps away from the imposing domes of St. Isaacs, around the corner from the luxury hotels Astoria of the Four Seasons, a block-and-a-half from a good metro, the Admiralteskaya. There are all kinds of food options from the regular corner convenience store to posh cafes to Subway, MacDonalds, to Russian typical Stolovaya where you can get good, hot meals with real Russian food for cheap (think of them as cafeterias). Nevsky Prospect is literally two blocks away, as is the Neva, The Bronze Horseman, and the Winter Palace (10 minutes). The hotel itself is simple, plain, basic, but comfortable. Also very quiet. I've had full reliability in everything i"ve needed, from business services to arranging airport transportation (reasonably priced) at 3:45 A.M. for early flights out. The rates are good. I paid less in 2013 working in SPB, than I paid in 2014, but that depends on when you catch it on Expedia. The room is basic, not fancy, but fine. The air conditioning works well,it's very clean, espec. the bathroom. Bathrooms have everything you need, a good tub (request a tub) nice fittings, etc. There is a pull-out clothesline over the tub which is convenient if you are on the road a long time (as I am) and need to wash things out. There's an electric tea kettle for tea and coffee, nicely supplied each day. It is NOT fancy. But it meets my needs & I"ll stay there again
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
"Great location; great staff..."
Many visits at this hotel - all have been excellent - great hotel.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Very decent for Russia"
The service was a bit odd - the keys to the room did not work - and there is no house phone on the floor to call reception, so one has to wait for one of only two elevators to arrive to get back down. Reprogrammed keys in hand, back to the 5th floor - keys do not work. Back down to reception which sent a bell boy with the master key, saying that it is the ONLY thing they can do - offering another room did not even cross their minds. Master key worked, but not the re-programmed keys, more calls to get the tech, but after about an hour we had a room and the key. After that we did not have much interaction with the staff. Asking to delay checkout by 3 hours got us 2 hours extra, should have asked for 4...
2 night trip Jun 4, 2014
"Great location for hotel, ask about room location"
I was unlucky to arrive at start of economic forum (no choice) And got crucified on first 2 rights room rate , unnecessary. The hotel is in a great location, walk almost anywhere you want. My room however was at the end of a five minute walk down a narrow hallway and my room was right across from the service elevator which seemed to be in operation all day and night with carts banging against the wall and doors every time. Do not make my mistake, ask where your room is. I am guessing given this was an expedia booking I got the worst room left. I would have left with a better experience ex the above factor. I like hotel I. That it caters yo English speaking folks but not worth the premium I paid.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"I can't wait to travel back to Saint Petersburg"
There was fruit delivered to my room within an hour of my arrival (I didn't request it). There was water and chocolates when I came in after my night out, and the bed was turned down. The gym had great, well maintained equipment. The staff was courteous and helpful. They booked two last minute excursions for me, and arranged a car to take me to the airport before I left. All spoke really good English.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"Nice hotel. Very close to the city center."
We had an amazing time. Hotel is highley recommended to all.
Other trip Mar 29, 2014
Lama
"Loved our stay at the Ptero Palace"
We stayed here for 3 nights and loved it. The room was comfortable if a tad on the small size (standard room). Everything worked. Nice decor. I liked the counter in the bathroom for all our stuff. The staff were pleasant. The location was perfect, near the winter palace and other beautiful buildings - we enjoyed walking all over the neighborhood. There's a new metro stop just a block from the hotel which was convenient. No complaints!
3 night business trip Mar 5, 2014
Snow queen
"Central close to city sights"
Having lived in Moscow for 3 years and visited St Petersburg 7 times as a tourist; I am confident in saying this is our first and last stay at the Petro Palace ! The Hotel was clean and the service staff delightful... Unfortunately I felt the front staff were only there because they had to be!! Mid winter is not high season ... I must also add the walls are VERY THIN!!
Other trip Feb 13, 2014
KB
"Great hotel for a reasonable price."
Good location. Comfortable clean room, nice staff.
Other trip Nov 27, 2013
Excellent hotel, location and facilities. My only complaint was the radiator rattled during the night and there was a lot of crashing noises in the well of the building in early morning. Either bins were being thrown around or similar.
Other trip Nov 15, 2013
"Petro is super choice. Highly recommend!"
Great location great english speaking staff clean comfortable highly satisfactory room--very friendly helpful concierge --hotel within walking distance to everywhere...great pub right next door.
Other trip Nov 9, 2013
"Trust the reviews"
We are so glad fellow travelers' reviews led us to the Petro Palace Hotel. It really is a 5! From the airport pickup through the airport return they were awesome. On our 2nd night we returned and there was a bottle of champagne cooling with 2 glasses. I went to the desk and asked and they said, It's your wife's birthday isn't it? From her passport they had noted her birthday. We hadn't announced that we were there for her birthday. It was complimentary. We had a long stem white rose in a plastic water bottle and while we were gone they swapped it out for a nice green glass vase. We are now having breakfast withdrawals from not being spoiled by their fantastic breakfast buffet. The location is better than the Astoria's to the main sights. Their entire staff speaks English very well and are ready to help out at any time. Twice the bar tender uncorked a bottle of wine for us. We will definitely stay there when we return.
Other trip Nov 7, 2013
Great location and very helpful staff. Copies and printing are free in the business center, for instance, but the front desk staff insisted on doing the copy for me because their copies was better. The concierge desk is staffed from 8am until 10pm, as is the business center. Succulent smoked fish on the breakfast buffet. Ruinous rates on the "hotel taxi" to the airport, though, and we could not get the room temperature below 78.
3 night trip Oct 27, 2013