All hotels in Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America
6275 Nesbitt Rd, Madison, WI, 53719, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9401

"Good Hotel, Bad staff and management"
This is a good hotel, but they have terrible staff. The staff was not friendly and pretty much acted like we were a bore. Our TV would not go on and we called the front desk. They talked us through some steps but would not come to the room and address the problem. Finally, my husband moved the furniture and figured out what was wrong and fixed the TV with no help from the front desk. Also, there is a patio off the swimming area. However, if you go out there you are locked into the patio and out of the swimming area and the building. The security guard had to let us back into the pool area. She said she thought they should put up a sign telling guests not to go out to the patio. I suggest they fix the outdoor key access so you can get in and out if you use the patio.
1 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
Up to visit son
3 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Jerry
"Best value!"
Room was spotless. Overall value was terrific. Nice assortment of breakfast items. Only negative was that the kids pool area was broken, but things breakdown and it's not the hotel's fault. Staff was nice and very helpful. I would stay here again without hesitation.
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
wendy
"Pleasant hotel"
Room was clean, staff was friendly, 2 issues: 1 - the most uncomfortable pillows 2 - on weekdays the breakfast ends at 9:30. Great for business trips, lousy for vacationers.
1 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
Constance
"nice"
Great pool for kids, breakfast was ok. nice shower. close to shops and restaurants
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
"Terrible front desk staff"
Booked a suite and was placed into an incorrect room. Staff refused to be accommodating and wouldn't even provide a refund of the difference in cost.
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
"good"
Perfect for the wedding I was at since it was right next door. Room is nice, big, though a little dark. But overall good stay
1 night trip with friends May 23, 2015
"Not happy with the price for what we experienced."
Bathroom sink did not drain. Front desk was not attended unless there was a wait for girl to come from somewhere in the back. Price was way too high for what we are used to spending when traveling without our pet. No food vending machine except on 1st floor-beverages only on second and 3rd floor. Desk clerk was not knowledgeable about surrounding area. Uncontrollable teens running in halls and elevators.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison Southwest, WI
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel and your room during your stay, in regards to the bathroom sink, front desk staff, and ongoing noise issues. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience as your comments are valued and will be used to consider improvements in the future.
Other trip May 24, 2015
"Location was great for where I wanted to be"
Nice friendly staff and a well appointed hotel. Hotel is well positioned for visiting the SE part of Madison
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
RockyRph
"Great Stay. Cold Pool"
The hotel was very nice. The room was clean, beds comfortable, and breakfast satisfying. My only complaint would be that the pool and hot tub were slightly cooler than I would like.
1 night business trip Mar 14, 2015
"Nice accommodations for the price"
I stayed at this hotel a number of years ago and enjoyed it so decided to stay again. There is however always an issue with the water temperature. Showers were barely luke-warm.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
Sue
"Friendly Staff/Beds need to be upgraded"
The hotel was in a good location and the staff was friendly. The beds were very uncomfortable.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison Southwest, WI
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the location and the friendly staff. We are sorry to hear you did not have a good night’s sleep due to the comfort of your bed. We know a good night’s rest is very important. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us and we hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
"Stop and Stay"
Great hotel, great breakfast, great pool. The desk staff was courteous. I highly recommend it.
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
Nikki
"Close to the event I attended."
Very spendy for the quality of the room. Toilet didn't work well - wouldn't flush. Windows in the room poorly insulated - very cold air coming in the room.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison Southwest, WI
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inn & Suites standards.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Perfect!"
short overnight stay to visit family
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
"Comfortable stay. excellent location."
Hotel is nice. Breakfast was good with decent selection. Whirlpool was nice and fit many people. Pool was too cold to enjoy a swim. Hotel manager was very sweet and professional.
2 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"Perfect Getaway!"
Very friendly staff! Great hot tub! Fun pool with basketball hoops. Nice breakfast. Nice little homey touches throughout.
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2014
Constance
Staff was very friendly and helpful. Convenient location on West side of Madison. Rooms were clean and comfortable. WiFi was good for a hotel. Breakfast was relatively basic, but sufficient.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
"Bed was awful."
Sounded like the wood bed frame was broken. Kept the whole room awake.
"Could have been better"
We were in 2 different rooms, which was okay, because of how we scheduled it, except that is both rooms the toilets were horrible. They flushed slowly, they clogged up for no reason. It was a constant thing we had to deal with and we were there for 4 days. The breakfast was pretty good, my kids enjoyed the pool, wish there was more for them to do, the kids area looks better in pictures than it really is and there is only 3 tables with chairs, so very limited on seating. My kids enjoyed it, but I think I will look for somewhere else to stay when we come up to Madison.
2 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
Nice night, asked for late checkout. Front desk offered 2pm and put in computer, yet at 12:30 we got a call from the front desk asking if we were checking out. I told her about our request, which she found notated on the computer. Then around 1:15ish someone tried to open our door, I assume it was housekeeping.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Very nice place to come back to"
Clean,good food, soft towels, decent easy chair, nice toiletries, safe, quiet. Overall a nice place.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
"great night at Madison Wi."
It was very nice stay. We were greeted with a smile and fresh baked monster cookies. The hotel was clean and the continental breakfast was good the had different stuff to eat everyday we were there. Definitely will stay again.
2 night trip Oct 19, 2014
Justin and Lisa
"Close to the Capitol"
This hotel was a great location to downtown Madison. It was also close to shopping and eating. Surrounded by some lovely scenery and a bowling ally which has some great hamburgers, we would definitely stay here again when traveling to this area
1 night trip Oct 10, 2014
"Request was ignored."
A quiet room had been requested when the reservation was made and the room assigned was very close to the main road AND adjacent to the ice machine. A far cry from "quiet".
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison Southwest, WI
Please accept our apologies for the disappointments you experienced during your stay. We do our best to accommodate our guests based on their preferences, and we regret hearing that we fell short of achieving this is regards to your experience. Please know that your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. We hope you get the chance to stay with us in the near future so we have the opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Pa
the staff was very helpful in taking care of of an honest mix up for which we received a refund.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Breakfast was delicious! Bed was not very comfortable and squeaked every time we rolled over. The lights located between the beds didn't work.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
"Biking Weekend"
We were able to store our bikes in our rooms. Room was well maintained. Pool and suana were in great condition. Breakfeast was good. Appreciated the access to the good restaurant next door. Staff was courteous and helpful. You got to like those chocolate cookies.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Conrad
Was stopping by overnight during a roadtrip. Pleasantly surprised at the complimentary breakfast but room was strictly ok.
"Hotel provided a great experience"
The hotel was very nice, clean and had a good staff. it was conviently located for the event i was attending in town. Only bad thing was the fire alarm going off at 3:30 am. but upside, fire response is pretty good here.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"just right"
everything was perfect
2 night trip Jul 24, 2014
jackson
"Clean and comfortable room. Quiet area."
Easy access to area attractions. Affordable. Pancake Cafe and movie theater were close by and while we had not planned to visit either both were nice finds.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Margie
"So so....."
It was, at best, OK. There was really nothing above average about it. The desk staff would say, "Hi," but, not much or nothing more. There wasn't much ambiance. The free breakfast was ordinary. Our room wasn't cleaned one day. The room cleaners didn't say anything if you passed them in the hall. Truthfully, if it wasn't for the fact that I'd lose money, I would have only stayed one night. I guess I feel if we're paying good money to stay someplace, it should be more than a "blah" experience.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison Southwest, WI
Hello, As the general manager of Country Inn & Suites Madison Southwest, I am sorry to hear that you found our property just OK, as we are always striving to surpass our guest's expecations. I will definitely take your comments under review and see what I can do in terms of improving our property. Our goal is to have guests view us as a hotel they want to come back to. Again, thank you for the response.
3 night trip with friends Jun 6, 2014
Colette
"Excellent Amenities"
The amenities at this hotel were great. At the front desk there was a case of cookies, which was an excellent treat for a 3 year old who just had a long car ride. Breakfast in the morning was excellent. The Ten Pin bowling alley is right next door to the hotel and provided some great family fun during our stay. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and plan on staying there in the future.
1 night trip May 2, 2014
My bed was broken,and I couldntstay on it
1 night trip Mar 28, 2014
alicia
Stayed overnight for business during the week. It was quiet enough for me to get proper rest before my interview the following morning. It was also very close to a shopping center (less than a mile away) and a few fast food restaurants. The breakfast was very good and the internet was fast. There was also a mini fridge and microwave in my room. I didn't personally need them, but they could certainly be handy to other people choosing to stay here. The only drawback was there were no high def cable channels, I would've thought something like that would be standard by now.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"Would say again"
We had a nice time visiting our son
1 night family trip Mar 27, 2014
"Close to our daughter and grand daughter"
Stayed in this facility and was very satisfied. This stay I was put into a room with a non-functional TV and a damaged door security lock. I was quickly placed in a room that was very satisfactory.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
"Nice getaway. Great breakfast."
Went to madison for a quick weekend getaway. The hotel is nice , staff works hard to accommodate everyone. Pool was a little chilly but kids didn't seem to mind after a bit. Right next to a bowling alley with food. Breakfast was the best part. The lady in the kitchen worked her butt off to make sure everything was clean and stocked.
Other trip Mar 21, 2014
Brian from Iowa
"nice hotel, like the view."
it was in a perfect spot, the beds and clean. the pool was shallow but at least the older kids got stay in longer and the younger ones so they could have fun without watching the younger ones the view was spectactular. it was quiet the side we were on very clean, and comfortable beds.
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
gina
"Nice hotel, terrible night's sleep"
I was very happy with the condition of the room and the bed was comfortable, but I woke up nearly every hour to loud noises. It sounded as though a washer and dryer were going all night in the room next door and as though there were an airplane jet outside my window. My best guess is that my room was near the laundry and the heating unit for the building. Unfortunately, I won't be taking the risk on this hotel again when I'm in the area.
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
"nice place"
It was easy to find. The staff was nice and very helpful. The kids really enjoyed the pools. Breakfast was good.
3 night family trip Feb 22, 2014
rick
Did not get room that I reserved and paid for. Hotel said they were sold out. They said there was nothing that they could do as the room was not booked by them. I would like compensation for the difference between a King Room and a one bedroom king suite
2 night trip Feb 14, 2014
"Doesn't Live Up to It's Potential"
When I arrived to check in I couldn't find anyone at the front desk and waited for at least 5 minutes; mighty strange! The first day that we were there our room was not serviced; not a big deal but odd. Our room keys did not work after the second day and we had to get new ones; just another minor thing. The television in the living room did not work; this is getting annoying. The breakfast that they serve is above average and the coffee is way above average. They also have some excellent cinnamon apple cookies. This is a nice property that could use better management.
4 night trip Jan 31, 2014
"Very Nice"
We picked this hotel for the kids water park feature, which worked just fine and was a little more elaborate than the one at the Hilton in Middleton. Breakfast and staff were great.
Other trip Jan 12, 2014
"Great Value"
The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was very nice for a free breakfast. Good options, hot and cold and not just make it yourself waffles. There was a snow storm the night we stayed and we left at 9 and the lot was not plowed yet. We got stuck trying to get out. That was not fun as we were trying to get to our daughter's graduation ceremony from UW Madison. Otherwise, it was a great value and a clean and comfortable place to stay. I would stay there again.
1 night trip Dec 21, 2013
The Family
"Good hotel, bad pool..."
Specifically booked for the kids pool, and it was not fully functioning. Will not stay again.
Other trip Dec 1, 2013
Paul in MN
"Step away from hiking trails"
Very comfortable and a good value. A bit noisy from the nearby highway. Conveniently close to several State Parks. Hotel personnel polite and helpful. Surprisingly nice restaurant in a historic building across the parking lot - had a wonderful baked trout. Do not go for burgers - beef is tasty but too dry. Overall, a great 2-day hiking trip with big breakfast and hot tub.
2 night family trip Nov 19, 2013