All hotels in Jamestown, California, United States of America
18239 Main Street, Jamestown, CA, 95327, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Decent stop on way to Yosemite"
I think most people probably be coming here because of Yosemite National Parks near by, myself included. The hotel is probably one of the oldest one I've stayed in feels like might have been built pre-war or even turn of the century. The wifi was pretty decent and fast and they actually include breakfast given the room was pretty cheap. The rooms were bit smelly due to age and I wished the bathroom were brighter. Also could've been better with more electrical outlets for charging phones and laptops but that's just a minor inconvenience. Overall a decent stay if you just trying to get some sleep before heading into Yosemite and not asking for much amenities
1 night romance trip Jun 2, 2014
So the location is a bit weird. I wanted somewhere where I could get to Yosemite and back in a day and be relatively economical and I wound up with this place. The place itself is very cute and the staff very friendly. It could be a tad cleaner, especially with the carpets considering the shared/dorm bathroom situation. I didn't really mind it, but it was a bit annoying that you needed your keycard to get into it. I was always paranoid that I would shower and forget my keycard in the bathroom and lock myself in the hallway. Anyway, the town is also very cute and was enjoyable to stroll around in the evening.
2 night trip Jun 25, 2014
"Funky and fits the budget-minded."
Jamestown, small as it is, has lots of historic character, and this hotel is part of it. Old and small, it worked OK for us as a couple, and was a fun night. A bit cramped, but the rate was good and even had a light breakfast.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
Carlos
"Nice quaint hotel outside of Yosemite."
Checked in after 11pm and we were still able to find parking in the small lot. Hotel lobby was very charming and kept with the small town feel. We were offered a complimentary continental breakfast in the morning. We stayed in one of the cottages which can sleep up to 3 people. The bed was very comfortable and our room had a full kitchen and dining table. The value was excellent!
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Great value for what you pay"
My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for two nights while we were visiting Yosemite. Our room was on the first floor and was the only one with a bathroom in the room. The building is old, which I think adds character, and I enjoyed the history of the town. The staff was helpful when we needed anything and the room was comfortable. We had a few minor maintenance issues, but nothing that impacted our use of the room (the microwave was difficult to get to work and the shower dripped). I particularly liked that there was a computer for guests to use if they needed.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Great cheap option in Historic Jamestown"
This was a pleasantly surprising hotel stay. The hotel is certainly older. But everything is in good condition and exactly as described on the website. The only thing that deviated was that they served a light breakfast (toast, oatmeal, coffee, cereal, etc.) which I didn't see mentioned anywhere on the website. The best part is the cheap price. I would recommend to anyone.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
Lucas
"Nice home-feel-like place"
On our travel, we would like to see what a Wild West feel like. You definitely will have this experience in this neat friendly hotel in Jamestown. Be sure you save enough time for the drive back and forth to Yosemite though. It takes about 1.5 hour each way.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
van
"Great stay in an ideal location"
I stayed here one night prior to backpacking in Yosemite. I chose this hotel because of positive online reviews, location to Yosemite, and competitive price. The condition of the hotel was very good and the room was much bigger than I had anticipated; I reserved a room with it's own bathroom. Although there are establishments in Jamestown, I chose to drive 10 min up to Sonora for dinner because it had more chain stores (Safeway, Big 5, Starbucks, Wells Fargo Bank). I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a charming, no-frills place to stay.
1 night trip Jun 19, 2014
D.C.
"Nice old hotel with comfort and great atmosphere."
Great place to relax and enjoy a couple of days in Yosemite, and a day of historical site seeing.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
janet
"Not a bad place to stay"
Jamestown is a small hole in the wall town outside of Yosemite. The drive from Yosemite is about 1.5 hrs. The cottage that we stayed in was pretty good for the price. The cottage included a kitchen with full size fridge, stove, sink, microwave, plates, and a dishwasher. Bed was clean and comfortable. Flat screen tv with basic cable channels and the AC was cold. Bathroom was spacious. Wifi was very operational. Customer service was great. Dylan who is the manager took care of Hotel.com's mistake of not cancelling a day when i requested it. Would definitely stay again.
2 night trip May 23, 2014
Martin
"Nice little room"
It is in a very nice little town. Hotel room is small but well equipped. Staff is nice and friendly. We are pleasantly surprise for this cute little hotel.
1 night family trip May 19, 2014
"Good ol days"
Me and my husband took a weekend trip to Jamestown. We weren't sure what to expect...coming from the city this place was a gem. It was affordable...right off main street...and the hotel staff were absolutely pleasant especially Dylan. I suggest this place to all city slickers...you will enjoy yourself without hurting your wallet.
Other trip May 17, 2014
Patricia B
Convenient (only one floor), clean, friendly environment. Good for its price.
Other trip May 13, 2014
We stayed in the hotel before going to Yosemity National Park. We found it a bit farther from expected (1hr drive to the entrance). Jamestown was a really nice neighborhood and we enjoyed the friendly town. The hotel was decorated in European style but I am not very used to having too many mirrors in my room. Overall, I enjoyed the stay.
1 night trip May 4, 2014
"Hotel was close to my appointment. Helpful staff."
Hotel was clean and close to restaurants. Staff was helpful and cordial. I would recommend it to my friends.
Other trip Mar 7, 2014
Isatta
"Cute"
I think this is a really cute little inn. Even though my double queen bed room was two rooms with a door that connected them and the beds were full size not queen. I was really pleased with how comfortable the beds were. It was really close to where I need to be. There are plenty of restaurants and gas stations that I didn't need to drive anywhere. I found out for a little more money I could have stayed in a little cottage. Very roomy from I saw. Some of the rooms have to a bathroom but my room had my own. Very clean. It was a lot more quiet then I expected, seeing how it is on the main street of Jamestown. The coffee that they served downstairs was really good.
1 night trip Jan 18, 2014
We enjoyed our stay, overall. The desk clerk was most helpful. Our room was cold so he brought us an electric heater and an extra blanket. We found out later there had been a fire in the boiler room, which indicated there was a problem with the heating unit and may explain the cool air blowing in. Also hot water literally took 5 min. or more to get hot. Whether this, also, was part of the boiler problem, maybe??
1 night trip Jan 8, 2014
Templeton'
"Spent one night on the way to Yosemite"
The hotel is very nice with a historic feel. The room is a little small, but comfortable & very good for the price. No breakfast, but free coffee & orange juice & apple juice in the morning. A balcony would have made the room seem a little larger in warm weather.
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
Dennis
"why Jamestown rocks"
quiet, much nicer than Sonora where the road goes straight through town
1 night business trip Nov 19, 2013
LP
"For a Historical feel, you must stay here."
We stayed in a bedroom downstairs with our own bathroom. People were very noisy above us which can be heard loudly, but only till they got settled.
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
"Cosy"
The hotel is very pretty, nostalgic and cosy so that we enjoyed our stay very much. Staff was friendly and you could reach nice restaurants and shops within a few meters. Breakfast was ok.
1 night trip Oct 3, 2013
View
"Proximity to Yosemite"
I chose this hotel because of price and the proximity to Yosemite which was my target for this trip. I have been wanting to get to Yosemite since I purchased my camera some 2 years ago! Everything came together for a 4 day get away to the park. I had a week of vacation, a yearly bonus that was not spent already, and no Grandfatherly responsibilities! I was in a panic, as I had not planned anything ahead of time. I immediately got on Expedia to check out the possibilities of a vacancy on my time off. To my surprise there were quite a few choices at different price ranges. I chose the Royal Carriage based upon my raise and under 2 hours from the park. To look back I wish that I had another driver because the 1hr.- 45min. drive to and then back did start to wear on me. I did take one day and visit the surrounding area as well. I visited Twainharte and a couple surrounding lakes to photograph the autumn colors. All went well, I got some great pix and had enough in me to drive home safely.
Other trip Oct 25, 2013
DUG
"Nice hotel near the entrance to Yosemite."
We shared a bath for the first time and it actually went better than we expected.
Other trip Oct 24, 2013
Vera
"Quaint & Charming Hotel in 49er Country"
This place has always had a special place in our heart. They are under new management since we last stayed there. We really missed Jennifer, she was a hoot. Anyway the staff we met this time were very nice, the hotel is over 80 years old, but they have WIFI, flat screen TVs and little cottages with kitchens if you want something bigger than just a hotel room. Some rooms you have to share a bathroom, but if you book in advance you can chose a room or cottage that you don't have to do that. This time our room was in the main house on the 2nd floor and it had its own access to the back patio area with a porch swing and couches and a view of their little courtyard style garden. Its not fancy, but is comfortable. I really enjoyed our stay. And the price was reasonable.
1 night romance trip Oct 5, 2013
Denise
"RIGHT IN DOWNTOWN JAMESTOWN"
WALK ANYWHERE YOU LIKE. GREAT SMALL SHOPS. FOOD ALSO IN WALKING DISTANCE. GREAT WEEKEND GETAWAY. FANTASTIC IF YOU LIKE HISTORIC BUILDINGS.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
TERRY
"Hotel has great potential, but...."
We stayed there for visiting Yosemite Park - it is a bit of a drive there, but that's OK. Hotel rooms were nice, but VERY small; also you could hear doors banging. Hotel also still has "shared bathrooms" - we booked rooms WITH bathrooms, but the bathrooms were very small with the sink in the bedroom. Breakfast was a BIG disappointment - VERY, VERY basic. However, hotel is nice and I would consider taking it again. It does not do itself a favour I feel and has with a few changes the potential to be a fabulous "boutique" hotel.
2 night trip Sep 26, 2013
"Pleasantly surprised!"
For the price, we were very surprised about what we got. We stayed in a cottage that is behind a Victorian hotel in Jamestown, California - very close to all of the activity in Sonora. I didn't really pay attention when I booked so I thought we would be staying in a room in the old hotel. When we realized that we got a cottage with a fully stocked kitchen (including a dishwasher, full size fridge, sink and antique full size table), we felt quite fortunate (the dish set was even the exact same one that I have at home!). We had booked last minute and expected that it would be lacking. The place was clean, decorated very nicely. It has a flat screen tv, a convertible sofa, a coffee table, a closet with an ironing board/iron. Cute lamp on the one bedside table (my guy commented that he was missing one!). The bed could be better - we didnt' care for it much - but it's not like it kept us awake or anything. We both woke a little sore the next day as it was somewhat hard. My rating is 4 out of 5. If you want a small place that is clean with homey comforts like high ceilings and crown molding and hardwood flooring, and you don't expect perfection, this will be perfect for you. We'd definitely stay there again! :)
1 night trip Sep 14, 2013
Kathi
"Quaint and friendly but tired"
A sleepy hotel in a sleepy town which might be what you are after. But it looks and feels old, not in the full of character or rustic charm sense. Rooms were not dirty but not spotless either. Very friendly and helpful staff
1 night trip Sep 11, 2013
G
"Could have been better"
Wonderful little town. Inn looks nice from the outside but poorly maintained. Lots of problems in the room (we had one of the cabins). Friendly staff and nice, although limited breakfast.
2 night romance trip Aug 28, 2013
"The staff make this hotel a winner"
The three staff members that I met, Alexis, Dillon and Melissa were all outstanding people. I would hire all of them for my company. Alexis, is by far the best concierge I have ever met. She will do well throughout her life. Why? One of the most lovely attitudes and personalities I have met in several years.
Other trip Sep 8, 2013
Phil
"about our cottage"
We got a cottage with a couch bed and when we pulled it away from the wall we found it had a broken leg. We intended on telling the hotel owners but we left and then remembered after we were back on the road. The people were helpful and the cottage we had was older but quaint with a kitchen supplied with a little dishware and silverware, a stove, oven, refrigerator, dishsoap and stuff like that. We accidentally dropped the coffee grounds and it would have been nice if there had been a broom and dustpan in the room.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
Tom & Sherry
"Beautiful location"
The room was alright in its current condition, it could probably still be improved, but the over all experience was great felt like it was a bed and breakfast.
1 night business trip Aug 24, 2013
Very Nice, came tru on motorcycles. It was a really nice spot
1 night trip Aug 17, 2013
Nice stayed for only one day on a motorcycle trip. It was nice!!
1 night trip Aug 17, 2013
"Quaint Town, OK Location, Weird Layout"
The room (1 King) we stayed at was affordable, had a backdoor that makes parking lot to room access very easy, and it was 1.5 hours from Yosemite. The layout of the room makes sharing the room pretty inconvenient, but I'm not sure if that's just the "feature" of one room, or all of the rooms. The sink is outside the bathroom, but the bathroom door, in its open position blocks the walkway to the sink. The town was quiet and the population were mostly older besides some other tourists. The breakfast was very sad, there were almost no options, not even eggs. Go see the sunrise at Glacier Point, do not plan your trip around breakfast.
2 night trip with friends Aug 12, 2013
"good"
two nights stay, there is quiet. staff is very nice.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
"NO BATHROOM AVAILABLE PER ROOM"
HAD TO SHARE A BATHROOM WITH THE WHOLE FLOOR. THE TOILET AREA DID NOT HAVE A SINK TO WASH YOUR HANDS.THE ROOM WAS SO SMALL THAT WE HAD A HARD TIME OPENING THE SUITCASES
1 night trip Aug 6, 2013
"Two Nights Away"
Very Nice Hotel. Don't expect modern here. Quaint. And staff was very friendly. Breakfast was complimentary--juice coffee pancakes oatmeal. Nothing fancy here. Just right.
2 night romance trip Aug 2, 2013
rjmronster
"Charming old, historic hotel and cottages."
We had a pleasant stay in this charming old hotel in the heart of the Sierra Gold Country. The staff was very gracious, attentive and accommodating.
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Bathroom shared with three more rooms!"
Hotel staff is extremely nice. Room is old but clean. Bathroom (at the end of the hall) to be shared with three other rooms! Hard to sleep if people in the room above you are moving in the evening or during the night. The noise will wake you up! Everything in jamestown closes around 6 pm so forget about a restaurant. It is a nice place if you want to experience the comfort of almost a hundred years ago against a very overprized rate during the weekend.
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
peter
"Beautiful room in a quiet town"
The hotel is in a 90 years old building in a railtown in northern California. The building itself is beautiful, with a porch and yard in the back, with vintage furnitures and beautiful decorations. The staffs are really friendly, the free breakfast is great, and all sheets and towels are very clean. The only con might be the room is a bit small and does not leave you much room, but you can always sit in their garden to read or chat.
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
Jen
It was a cute hotel with nice people and yummy pancakes. I will be back.
2 night trip Jul 26, 2013
"The nicest hotel staff I have ever met!"
A very friendly welcome from the charming young woman at the front desk. Lots of help from the very nice young man when we checked out and needed advice and directions to a swimming area. We stayed in the cottage and think the extra cost is well worth it for the larger room and kitchen. Really enjoyed the back garden.
Other trip Aug 2, 2013
Ann
"Worked for a gateway into Yosemite"
The staff as overwhelmingly accommodating. Cute little town and worked for us as we entered into Yosemite park.
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
"Surprise! Shared Bathroom!!!"
Very unusual hotel, bathrooms are across the hall and unless you wish to pay for a private use (but still across the hall) you will be sharing with strangers. This is a nicely restored but small hotel in a historic area and in a very interesting local.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2013
"excellent value"
great value ..
3 night trip Jul 20, 2013
"Interesting historical area near Yosemite"
Stayed in the historic building structure on the property. It had been nicely decorated for its period. Room was a little small. Breakfast was limited but nice. Location was pretty good - historic Jamestown and about an hour from Yosemite. Carpet was pretty dirty in the room but the bed was comfortable though the frame squeaked with merely rolling over. internet did not work the first day but was fixed the second day of stay.
2 night trip Jul 15, 2013
"good one night stand"
Staff was first rate. They went out of their way to make us comfortable and were very helpful.Our room was as small as they come with no room for our bags. Tiny bathroom to match. It was clean, and they did manage to squeeze in a frig, TV, microwave oven and a coffee maker. What is perfect about this place is its in a cute town close to Yosemite. I would stay there again if all I need is a place to sleep and shower which is why we chose it in the first place. Priced right.
Other trip Jul 17, 2013
Traveler
"Pleasant stop over in Jamestown"
Not a friend of 'In's' and usually a bit suspicious, I was pleasantly surprised by this one! Small town (every thing closes early, but Sonora is close by), quite cabins, nice garden. Best thing: wooden floors, not old, stained carpet as in so many places. The only thing annoying me a bit was the noise when toilet flushes in next door cabin, very loud. Folks next door decided not to use in the night, so it wasn't a problem really :) Will definetely book again when in the region! Ps: the railway museum is GREAT for photographers!
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
"Very clean and nice hotel very near to many places"
We had a very good experience during our stay at this hotel. Hotel staff was good and helping with the information we wanted from them and also had a very nice breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel to all
Other trip Jul 11, 2013