All hotels in Waltham, Massachusetts, United States of America

"Right where we needed to be...."
Despite being very busy, the staff was very helpful and friendly. Very neat and clean, both the lobby area and the room. The room had everything we needed. Very nicely decorated and very well stocked kitchen. Nice to have a big TV. The facility was located in the area we needed to be, very convienient location for us. Would stay there again in a heart beat!
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013
"Good basic accommodation for a business trip"
Clean, everything worked, staff very helpful. By design few amenities. But for those of us that prefer to prepare and eat dinner in and work it is a good option.
Response by Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave
Thank you for staying with us and for providing some feedback about your trip. I am glad to see that you understand and enjoy just what Extended Stay America is all about. The kitchen area is a unique feature that we are proud to offer as a convenience to all our guests. I am pleased to hear that our staff provided you with excellent customer service and that you found your guest room to meet your cleanliness standards. We look forward to being able to serve you again in the future.
Other trip Sep 27, 2013
"in Waltham"
The room itself was very pleasant. The halls smelled funny and the lobby was just not clean. "Breakfast" was definitely a euphemism.
1 night business trip Sep 23, 2013
"Very nice hotel."
The hotel was very nice. One of the issues were that the front desk area should have been vacuumed and the floor swept. The first impression was that the rooms would not be as clean. I was pleasantly surprised. The room was beautiful and clean. The other thing was either an employee, guest, or someone with the staff, was lying down in the common area on the sofa watching television like he lived there and the area needed to be cleaned up. I would definitely stay there again, though.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013
Merita
"Very clean and comfortable place"
I usually stay in Boston but had to find last minute place for two nights. I didn't have a car this time so had to be picked up by family member. You really need a car but enjoyed the place anyway.
2 night trip Sep 18, 2013
"For the price you pay one would hope"
One would hope that for the price you pay that they could afford a decent breakfast for their guests. That was the only gripe I had when I stayed at this place.
Response by Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave
First I would like to take the time to thank you for sending in your survey. We take comments such as yours to try and better our brand for our guest. I am very happy you enjoyed your time at our hotel. I do understand your concerns about the breakfast. It's designed as a grab and go type for the business traveler's that don't have the time to cook in the morning. I certainly will pass along your comments about it. I see overall your experience here was good. We do look forward to serving your travel needs again in the future.
Other trip Sep 21, 2013
I enjoyed my quite and comfortable stay. It was only a 1 night stay, but I would stay again for sure. One of the nicer features was the printme service allowing me to print from my room.
1 night business trip Sep 11, 2013
Miss Buber
"Filthy room, apathetic staff"
I travel all the time for business, and I've chosen this hotel twice because I wanted a kitchen. Don't do it! Stay at the much nicer Hyatt House next door. On my first trip, I arrived in the evening with groceries. When I got up to cook breakfast the next morning, there were no pots, pans, or silverware in my kitchen--just one pot lid and a fork. I had to go down to the front desk; they washed out a pan for me to use. On my second trip, my room was filthy--fingerprints all over the mirrored doors of the closet, splashes and smudges on the wall. The kitchen garbage disposal was broken, so the water just backed up. I again arrived with groceries, and when I opened the silverware drawer it was disgusting--food had been spilled in it and not wiped up. Also, every single piece of silverware was dirty--the knives had food stuck to them, and the spoons were sitting in some kind of sticky syrup and had sugar crystals all over them. And when I called the front desk to change rooms, no one answered the phone. The place just feels dirty, and the staff doesn't care--if you tell them about a problem, they explain how understaffed they are. Don't stay here! Stay anywhere else on the 128 corridor.
Response by Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave
Kirsten - Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am very sorry that your room was unclean and the extra amenities in your room were not stocked properly. In response, please know I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures and inspection policies. As well, I am reviewing our restocking checklist with the staff so our guest rooms are fully equipped upon each persons arrival. Please know that we appreciate your feedback, and will use it to coach our team to perform better. I do hope that you will consider us again, and let us show you a more enhanced experience the next time you are in the area.
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
Kirsten
"Served a purpose"
2 complaints- The microwave did not work and when we arrived the toliet bowl had a dirty ring like it hadn't been cleaned....nothing grosser! We did not spend that much time there- so we are not complainers. Slept well. Wish they would've asked us if we minded having a handicapped bathroom.
2 night trip with friends Aug 30, 2013
Beth
Computer down, phone down. No front desk service after 11pm. Breakfast was skimpy. the hotel was ghostly.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
"Tidy hotel--isolated location"
This hotel is very well maintained but it is in the back of an office park. I could find very little in terms of restaurants nearby in Waltham.
1 night trip Aug 28, 2013
KP
Overall a good experience. Breakfast was disappiointing - just pre-packaged muffins and oatmeal.
1 night trip Aug 19, 2013
"Stay at outer edge of Boston"
Nice room with kitchenette to have "home cooked" meal. Relatively comfortable for 4 to sleep. Kids enjoyed the pool.
Response by Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave
Tim- Thank you for taking some time to review your stay and post your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed the kitchens, and that your children liked the pool. It's always a pleasure to see positive feedback from a review. I am confident that your next stay will be just as enjoyable!
Other trip Aug 23, 2013
"Nice and clean/Better breakfast next time please!"
The hotel was nicely decorated, very clean and updated. Good bed mattress (important to me). I liked the kitchenette. Very convenient with nice size fridge, sink, stove, plates with utensils. It was a bit away from central Boston, but convenient enough to hop on to a highway. Only request would be that I wish the hotel provides a bit better breakfast, more than muffins, apples and coffee. No conveniently located restaurants, convenient stores, or super market nearby.
2 night family trip Jul 18, 2013
"Leak under the sink, breakfast offering scimpy"
For the price, one would have expected a better breakfast offering. There was a leak under the vanity sink.
Response by Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave
Thank you for staying with us and providing feedback about the hotel. I am glad that you found our location to be convenient for your travels and that you appreciate our pet friendly feature. I am sorry that you did not feel the same about our Grab n' Go breakfast selection. It was designed to be quick simple and uniform throughout all our hotels, providing consistency for our frequent travelers. Thanks again for your feedback, we were able to check on and repair the vanity sinks because of it.
Other trip Jun 27, 2013
"Recently remodeled, extended stay."
This hotel is a recently remodeled, extended stay facility. The location for someone on business travel, working in Waltham, is hard to top. I could easily walk to work, allowing my family (they travel with me in the summer) to take the car to Boston. Downtown is only 15-20 minutes away if you leave after the morning rush ends. The main thing that kept me from giving it a higher rating is the "breakfast." This may not bother some people but as a morning runner its nice to come back to real food, not just muffins. The rooms have a kitchen so, if you have the time and desire you can overcome this by making food for yourself.
Response by Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave
Alex - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a thorough review. I am glad to read that you were pleased that you found our location to be so convenient, close to your office and everything there is to do in Boston. As well, I appreciate your thoughts on our grab-and-go breakfast. I am happy to pass them along to our corporate office as they are continually looking to improve the selection that is offered. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Other trip Jun 22, 2013
Alex
"Convenient and priced well."
These are rooms with kitchens. Unfortunately, the room I was given had a very strong odor left over from the previous guests' dinners. In fairness, I did not call this to the attention of management -- just made sure my window was wide open every morning and night I was in the room. Very unpleasant.
Response by Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave
Hi Lynn, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It certainly can be challenging at times to prevent cooking odors from prior guests lingering in the rooms. I am sorry that this caused some unpleasantness for you. Our Grab and Go breakfast should be available from 6:00-9:30 AM everyday. I'm sorry that you did not find the breakfast choices available to your liking. With in room kitchens however, the opportunity exists to prepare separate meals if desired, and with coffee makers in room and additional coffee available from the front desk any time, this adds some flexibility to all things breakfast related. Thanks again for staying with us and for sharing your comments. We hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
Lynn
"big surprise!"
Much cheaper choice compared to those hotels nearer to downtown. Just renovated so rooms are very clean and comfortable. Only flaw is their breakfast. Could have been better.
Response by Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave
Conan - Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am thrilled that we were a positive surprise for you and do hope that you will consider us again next time you are coming to the area. I am sorry the grab-and-go breakfast wasn't what you were expecting. It is a new feature at our hotel, and we are excited to be offering it. Of course, all of our rooms have kitchens, so this is a great alternative, if needed. Again, thank you for your comments, and we do hope to have the opportunity to see you again.
Other trip May 27, 2013
Conan
"I will be back"
I had stayed at this location previously and felt that the upgrades were very nice. I look forward to staying longer next time so i can take advantage of the amenities.
Response by Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave
Thank you for taking some time to share your comments about your stay. It is always a pleasure to hear from our satisfied guests, and I assure you our entire team gets excited to read comments such as yours. We will look forward to having you back with us for a longer stay next time. Until then safe travels.
Other trip May 8, 2013
"Extended Stay America, Waltham MA - renovated"
The front desk people were very helpful. Unfortunately, there are no good restaurants within easy walking distance, and some nights I'm just too tired to cook. My only complaint about the hotel is that some of the public areas (hallways, lobby) aren't vacuumed often enough, which makes an otherwise pleasant hotel look a bit shabby. The rooms, however, are very clean, which I guess is more important.
7 night trip Apr 27, 2013
Quiet, clean, and affordable. I would stay again.
2 night business trip Apr 30, 2013
"Would stay again"
I stayed here for three nights while at a conference outside of Boston. Room had a small kitchenette with a double burner, dish washer and fridge. I was surprised that my room was never cleaned during the stay but it didnt bother me.
Response by Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I am very pleased to see that you were happy with your stay and the cleanliness of our hotel. I will be sure to share your comments on this with the entire staff. We will definitely keep your comments about the grab and go breakfast in mind as we continue to develop our offering choices. Once again, thank you for staying with us at Extended Stay America, and most importantly thank you for taking the time to share your comments.
Other trip May 3, 2013
"Convenient Hotel for 128"
Very convenient. Room furnishings were fair (Next to no kitchen supplies pots pans silverware etc). There wasn't a container in the room for ice. The refrigerator froze everything but, we couldn't make ice (no container to catch it). The TV was modern and there was WIFI free. Breakfast was very meager but nicely presented.
Response by Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave
First of all, please allow me to thank you for taking some time out of your day to post some comments about your stay with us. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed the new televisions and complimentary WIFi services. I apologize for the issue you experienced with the refrigerator in your room and that you found our grab and go breakfast to be limited. This is a new feature which we are still trying fine-tune, so we appreciate this feedback. Thank you for staying with Extended Stay America, and we hope to serve you again someday soon.
Other trip May 1, 2013
"Good for what it is"
If you need to have a room with a little kitchen as we did for dietary reasons, then this hotel does just fine. While not as luxurious as a Marriott Residence Inn, for instance, the Extended Stay is clean and adequate.This hotel really stands out in terms of service though. The staff could not be nicer or friendlier... they go above and beyond to please.
1 night trip Jan 30, 2013
Madalyn
"A good deal, once you find the place"
This hotel offered the best rates in the area, but its location-- buried in hundreds of acres of office park with somewhat mazelike streets-- make it time-consuming and challenging to find, even in broad daylight. (Who imagined that 4th Ave would be AT A RIGHT ANGLE to 3rd Ave? Pay close attention to Google Maps to make sure you're turning into the right street in the first place.) Another caveat: the included "breakfast" is about as minimal as it gets-- think pre-packaged muffins and Coffee-Mate. (What's IN that stuff, anyway?) That said, the room was clean, quiet, comfortable, and the fully equipped kitchen is bound to prove handy for those who actually are staying a while (I was only there overnight.) Another plus is the close proximity of one of the best places for dinner in town, Naked Fish.
1 night trip Jan 23, 2013
Jeff H
it was a good stay, would happily stay there again.
1 night trip Dec 8, 2012
"In process of total renovation"
Although the hotel was in quite a bit of disarray due to it being renovated, my room, which had been completed, was much nicer than during previous stays. The bedding was new; the flat screen TV was much larger than the old TVs, and it appeared that pretty much everything had been replaced. I'd definitely stay here in the future.
7 night trip Dec 1, 2012
"disappointed"
Hotel was under "renovations", but when we booked the room in Sept we were told the renovations would be done by the time we were booked. Room was fine, but (a) the TV/ dvd player was ancient and not working, (b) the room was so hot that we had to leave the window open overnight to keep the room at 70 degrees with the heat turned off, and (c) the hallway was littered with debris of the "renovations". The exercise room and laundry were both closed for "renovations" as well. Good value if the above is all rectified.
Other trip Nov 26, 2012
"Convenient Location"
The hotel is right off of I-95 / Route 128 on the outskirts of Boston. Close to the Mass Pike and public transportation. The room included a work desk, sofa and kitchen with refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher. The only negative was that the toilet was very low, which may make it difficult for some to get up from. Overall, very nice and a quiet location.
2 night trip Oct 5, 2012
Bill D
"peaceful and private stay"
The place was clean, quiet and private. The best part for me is that there was a fully equiped kitchen where I could cook my own food since I have a hard time eating out due to food allergies. It was the perfect settings for me.
Other trip Oct 7, 2012
Anne
"With more attention to details, a good place"
The batteries in the TV remote were dead. The shower handle came apart in my hand as I turned it on. The sink had black mold under the sink rim.There was no pad or pen to write down a note or phone number. There was no plastic bag for dirty laundry. I gave this run-down to the manager in the morning and he said he'd follow up.
Other trip Sep 7, 2012
The quality of service of the hotel was very poorly especially in cleanliness in our room , and also the customer service on the desk.
3 night trip Aug 23, 2012
"OK"
OK
1 night family trip Aug 24, 2012
Yan
"I would consider a return stay, but...."
My review of my one night stay is definitely "mixed". It's a shame that I have to give a "2" for the cleanliness of the room. I actually thought the bathroom was "very clean" and the rest of the room was "fine". However, as I was exiting the bathroom I could see a beige blob under the bed. It turned out to be a half-eaten dinner roll. I disposed of it, but it was a turn off. Regarding the comfort of the room, I was very disappointed that MSNBC was not on the TV channel line up. I was annoyed that FOX and CNN were available but not even a regular NBC channel was available. A screen message indicated that the regular NBC would be available in the future. But no MSNBC. And CNBC is a financial network., not something I'm interested in. I did use the lobby restroom which was in good condition and the grade of the coffee at the AM "grab and go" was quite good.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2012
OccasionalTraveler
"h"
Staff was friendly. Maid service was non-exsistant. Stayed for 10 days and had maid service one time.
12 night business trip Aug 2, 2012
"Dissapointed for sure!!"
Room was very small, we were staying for a week in Boston for a day summer camp... the room never got vaccummed and when asked about cleaning , I was told I could use their vaccum. You have to get your own clean towels, unless you want to wait until 3 for clean ones. When we arrive the first day, the room was gross, their was hair all over the place in the bathroom area. Tub did not drain well either.
Other trip Aug 13, 2012
Tonya
"Unclean"
The guest room and common areas (lobby/elevators/hallways) are not clean. Our room had dog feces in the corner next to the couch. It was petrified so I know it had been there for a while. This hotel served it's purpose for a quick trip when I could find no other room in the Waltham area, but I wouldn't make reservations there.
Other trip Aug 8, 2012
"Convenient"
Floor was a little dirty, carpet seemed old & bunched up under foot, which is a problem since I stretch in my room. Overall very nice. Close to Boston. I would stay again.
Other trip Aug 6, 2012
"Apt style, quiet, safe"
Clean rooms. Pets allowed for a fee. Not pet catered though. Not hotel-style service by any means.... Do it yourself! Only noisy elliptical, treadmill and recumbent bike in workout room. Nice staff, just not hotel-type service. You're on your own! Josh, their maintenance guy, has excellent customer service. Located off highway, not convenient to walking to restaurants or shops. Outdoor pool was nice. Lots of parking. Comfy bed. Clientele were decent.
4 night business trip Jul 29, 2012
DM
"Room smelt really bad"
The price was right but my gosh the room smelt bad. Not sure if it was cleaning products they were using or if the room I was in had smokers before me, but the smell hit you hard when you entered the room, but somehow I got used to it. The stay there was good, if you take away the bad smelling room!!
2 night trip Jul 19, 2012

"disappointing"
Staff was great, but room had nothing.. no coffee machine, no cups, no teas, no nothing.. kitchen was dirty.. pieces of fired rice in the drawers and a major curry smell. The other thing that was dire was the supposed breakfast.. if you think a bowl of apples and bad coffee is considered breakfast you're wrong..
Response by Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. While I am pleased to hear that our staff was friendly and accommodating, I am disappointed to hear that the room cleanliness was not up to our standards. I will review our cleanliness procedures with my housekeeping staff to ensure that we are meeting standards moving forward. As well, I am sorry to read that your in-room kitchen amenities did not meet your needs. Please know that kitchen amenities are available from the front desk upon request at no additional charge. I also regret to read that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your feedback on this matter will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
E
"Convenient location"
Reception was ready for my late arrival. Checkin was friendly and quick. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast room staff was helpful and pleasant. Hotel was close to a conference venue.
Response by Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to provide clean and comfortable rooms to all of our guests and I'm glad that our staff was ready for you and able to assist you with your late arrival. I hope that you had a successful conference, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Other trip Sep 27, 2014
"Good place to stay on business trip too"
I was pleased with the room size, equipment and cleaniness of the room; downside is really only the missing on-site dining facility, but it is well warned about in the description so not really an issue; plus plenty of eat-out places within a few minutes drive.
Response by Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave
Greg - Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear that you liked your spacious room and our high level of cleanliness. Unfortunately we don't have a restaurant, but we do have our wonderful, fully equipped kitchens and many restaurants nearby. Thank you again for your comments. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Greg
"Not a nice place"
It is not a pleasant place to stay, try not to go there. so dirty and everything smells bad specially the bed sheets.
3 night trip Oct 21, 2013
"short of staff service"
just fine
1 night business trip Jun 3, 2013
"we will be back!"
very convinient, its close to highway, just 10 min from boston, very clean, confortable and in good location.
Response by Extended Stay America - Boston - Waltham - 32 4th Ave
Thank you for taking time to post comments about your recent stay. It is always nice to see happy guests, and I am glad that your experience with us was a pleasant one. Thank you again, feedback is always appreciated and we hope to see you back with us again next time.
Other trip May 21, 2013
family of 4
I enjoyed my stay there. People where nice, room was clean. They have a nice park in the neighbourhood. From other side it is far from grocery stores, it is better to have a car, otherwise you will have to travel by bus. They didn't have tablespoons in the room, and I had to excenge the cooking pot, because it wasn't clean enough. I also bought dishsoap and sponges to do the dishes. You can't watch TV from your bed unless you move TV stand.
4 night trip Feb 15, 2013
Clean, comfortable rooms with easy access to downtown Boston. Everyone at the hotel was very helpful - would definitely stay here again!!!
Other trip Sep 29, 2012
J.M.
Good stay
2 night trip Jun 22, 2012

"Excelente, exceto pela localização"
To terminando de tomar banho e te chamo
3 night business trip Oct 15, 2014