All hotels in Newport, Rhode Island, United States of America

• 2.0
  • 1.0

4.8
    4.8
"Nice B&B. Good location. Walking distance to town"
This was our first time to a B&B and the experience was great. Very friendly staff and they made our stay very pleasant and very welcoming. I would stay here again and recommend to my friends.
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
Paula
"StacyandKent"
This was our first time at a bed and breakfast and we have to say that this was the best get away that we have ever had. Cindy the inn keeper was amazing and made us feel that it was our home. She would go out of her way for anything. I would HIGHLY recommend this to everybody. A beautiful place with fantastic hospitality, who wouldn't want to stay here? We loved every bit of it and definitely will be back!!!! Thank you Bayberry Inn of Newport and Thank you Cindy for making our romantic stay amazing. See you soon.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2013
StacyandKent
"What a wonderful B&B!"
This is a wonderful place to stay, very comfortable, jacuzzi in the room. The staff is extremely accommodating. It' in a great location, just off Bellevue Avenue, where most of the mansions are, and is also very close to the waterfront/shopping area, as well as the Touro Synagogue nearby. I would not hesitate to come back, and we came in December for the Christmas events. There was even a gas-fired fireplace in our room for a romantic setting, and the B&B has off-street parking for guests.
2 night trip Dec 4, 2012
"Excellent location and very nice B&B"
very enjoyable
1 night trip Oct 11, 2012

"Lovely Place to Stay!!"
Lovely place to stay. We were in Bayberry Suite. Really nice room. Was greeted by housekeeper Cindy who couldn't have been nicer. Location really central. Selection at breakfast excellent, all home-made and served in beautiful dining room. Would definitely go back.
1 night family trip May 9, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Bayberry Inn of Newport

"Warm and friendly atmosphere"
08/27/15 debra m New York City, New York
Stumbled upon this beautiful bed and breakfast. Beautiful and clean room,wonderful homemade breakfast. The inn keeper Jennifer was extremely helpful, very informative and made our stay extremely special. Can't wait to revisit the inn and Jennifer. P.S. she takes requests for breakfast and the homemade breads and cakes are wonderful
"Great Inn with a wonderful innkeeper"
08/25/15 Richard W New Jersey
My wife and I spent four nights at the Bayberry Inn and could not have been happier. Our room was huge and well-appointed; the inn was within reasonable walking distance of major attractions. The room fee comes with breakfast which included fresh fruit, granola, yogurt, breads followed by a hot cooked entree! However, what made our stay special was the innkeeper, Jennifer, who went out of her way to accommodate our needs. Some examples: When I mentioned that the yogurt was full fat and I usually ate nonfat yogurt, Jennifer immediately sent someone out to get nonfat yogurt! Other guests had gluten issues; Jennifer made sure there were gluten-free options for them. The hot breakfast was cooked to order so individual needs were able to be accommodated. One word of caution. The downstairs of the inn is patrolled by two, very friendly, cats. If you have a severe cat allergy, be aware!
"Jennifer is amazing!"
08/23/15 Matt S
I've never written a trip advisor review before, but we had such an amazing time, I decided to do it. Jennifer, the inn keeper, made a tremendous difference, recommending so many amazing places and restaurants for us to try. Loved every second. Room and amenities were fantastic.
"Awesome first experience in Newport, RI"
08/18/15 Magdalena A Lincoln Park, New Jersey
Bayberry Inn was beautiful, quaint, charming, and fun! The Bayberry's manager did an excellent job of giving us helpful suggestions about where to go in Newport for dinner, which rooftop bars are the best for a sunset, and which beaches to visit! Not only that, she makes an excellent breakfast in the morning, and in the afternoons she freshly bakes cookies, tarts, or some kind of treat to have with coffee or tea! She even takes leftover homemade chocolate chip cookies and makes an ice cream sandwich with them using ice cream from a local creamery------amazing! The bathtub with the jets in our room was absolutely lovely. I'd highly recommend this adorable Inn to any couple looking to have a nice experience in Newport!
"Be Sure to Buy the Trip Insurance for this Establishment"
08/11/15 RichK99 Bethel Park, Pennsylvania
My wife and I had booked a room at this establishment for early June, Unfortunately, my elderly 84YO mother had a serious fall and broke both elbows, wrist, and several teeth, 2 days before our trip necessitating a last minute cancellation due to hospitalization and ultimate placement in a rehab facility. While I am aware that the establishment has a pretty stringent cancellation policy, I was told at the time I cancelled that the owners had worked with guests in the past to at least do credit for a future stay if there was appropriate medical documentation. After 2 months of submitting requested information and many phone calls, the owners through their innkeeper stated they would not provide any assistance. Interestingly, another B&B we were to stay at in the same general area during that week stated they would be more than happy to give us a credit for a future stay, based on our situation. Again, I guess I should have purchased the insurance, ("buyer beware") BUT, if you are planning on staying at this establishment, BUY TRIP insurance as you will be on the hook for the entire stay.
"Relaxing & good breakfast "
08/05/15 Shilpams
I booked at 4:30pm on HotelTonight, checked in by 5pm, and lucked out with the honeymoon suite. The dining room is pretty & homemade breakfast was delicious. There's also a cute swing on the patio. It's probably a 20-30 min up/down hill to the main tourist areas. I have an injury, so I drove. Located in the quieter part of town. Jacuzzi was great to relax after long day of walking & sightseeing. The A/C was a bit noisy if you're a light sleeper.
"Cozy, spacious and convenient to Bellevue Ave."
07/13/15 EaZexcursions Dickson City, Pennsylvania
We stayed 1 night a few days ago, Room 101 on the first floor back. There was no noise from any direction. I was expecting just a bed, bath & hot tub but the room had a spacious sitting room with fireplace & 2 leather chairs & ottoman, and the attached room contained a corner tub and queen bed. The bathroom was lovely with a huge shower & vanity, all nicely tiled. Our accomodations were just being cleaned and we checked in at 3 without a problem. Parking is right on the property. Great front porch to enjoy nicely bottled water, cookies or tea. Breakfast was delicious baked eggs with cottage ham and other items of continental nature. We kept the car parked and walked to the Library and also the Newport Art Museum. both a must see. Walked in the other direction to the Historical Society but was under construction. We could have easily walked to Thames St and other shops. Jennifer let us freshen up after our checkout in the powder room and also enjoy some water on the porch. The door was always open. Wish we could have stayed longer. Easy drive to all Newport has to offer.
"Amazing updates"
07/10/15 spunky49bc
Came back with my wife for a second visit. The property looked far better than a year ago. New gardens,new backyard gave a fresh new feel to the property. New manager Jennifer has brought a new feel with her gourmet breakfasts and creative thinking. Along with Lisa they make a dynamic pair who seem to be on a mission to bring Bayberry to a new level. As always the rooms( mine was the red room) were immaculate,the cleaning staff on top of every request. Oh, and the food,the most creative breakfasts I have ever experienced at any B&b. Will stay again and highly recommend to others for a great stay in Newport. Kudos to you both,keep it going!
"Such a find....Most unexpected"
07/08/15 Doug M New York
Stumbled upon the Bayberry when the Hotel Viking turned me off with the noveau riche clientele which I find ABHORRING. Inn keeper Jennifer was so warm, friendly, AND genuine...rooms were very well appointed and did show normal wear and tear..But that is to be expected.....Make sure you bring treats for Thunder and Shelly...the house cats...BOTH ARE LOVE BUGS!!
"Wonderful innkeeper, sub-standard rooms"
07/07/15 Marge673 Huntington, New York
Jennifer, the innkeeper could not have been more wonderful. She was very helpful in terms of informing us about points of interest and great activities. All of her suggestions were right on. In reading the other reviews, I'm wondering if we just had an awful, terrible room. At these prices, my husband and I expect a clean b.r. and bathroom. Our s were not clean. I found black hairs in the bathroom vanity; ugh. The bathroom was outdated, toilet barely flushed. Carpeting was worn, didn't look to be clean. Expensive, very sub- standard.