All hotels in Brownwood, Texas, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here410 E Commerce St, Brownwood, TX, 76801, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
"Adequate"
We spent three nights here but were only in the room to sleep and change. It was clean and under construction so I assume will soon be updated. Staff was not rude but not overly friendly either. Breakfast was minimal.
3 night family trip Apr 26, 2015
Mary Helen
"No room at the inn"
Overall the hotel is what we expected for the small town and price range. The issue is when I called to verify the room could sleep 5 people and was told they can, and after I booked the room indicating 2 adults and 3 children my Wife arrived at the hotel to find room for 4. My Wife had to sleep on the floor that night.
2 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
Christopher
"Much less than average"
Ice maker does not work.. Aloud my small dog for 22$
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
kendolio
Internet was down and room had a strange smell. No one was at the desk when called about Internet and it rang about a dozen times
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"just camping out"
dear folks, They had no idea we were coming. We made reservations on monday before the friday we arrived. One of the door keys didn't work --had to go back to lobby. The rooms had a bad odor-the light fixture over one of the vanitys didn't work- the base board by one of the beds was off the wall. The granddaughter was afraid to turn the lights off.
1 night family trip Dec 12, 2014
Vicki
"Almost Good"
Only complaint was smell in room. Was clean and nice . Breakfast was small variety. Big man working behind counter was rude. Complaining about people flipping waffle iron.
1 night family trip Dec 12, 2014
We had a great time. Other then the mix up where the hotel didn't have our reservation and had to schedule us at the last minute the stay was easy. The staff are polite and they had breakfast and coffee. Small breakfast but it will do the job and for the price of the motel stay it was satisfactory.We stayed in Brownwood for half the price as we used to.
3 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
Jaclyn
For some reason they did not have my reservation through Hotels.com. Thankfully they made room for me. Other then the booking mix up We had a great time. The room was always clean and in working condition as usual when I use this hotel to visit my family. The showers are nice and HOT, made for midgets but HOT.
1 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Jaclyn
"Inside courtyard nice quiet"
3 guests 3 bath towels they felt like sand paper not well lighted in back did not feel safe at all
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
blaine
"No-frills, get what you pay for"
It's a place to sleep, but not well. The beds are extremely hard and uncomfortable, the pillows are flat, and the sheets had cigarette burns in the "non-smoking" room. The shower was dirty and I wasn't thrilled about bathing my kids in it. There was good water pressure, though!
1 night family trip Nov 25, 2014
Edward
"Easy hotel to get into"
The hotel layout was pretty nice being able to walk right to your room from where you park your car. Wifi was a bit spotty at times but overall ok
jon
"not again"
rented 4 rooms for crew, rooms were dirty, sheets needed changing, they were dirty and had foreign matter on them
1 night business trip Nov 3, 2014
"Best place to stay in Brownwood for the $s..."
Staff was excellent. I made a last minute reservation which hadn't made the front desk before my arrival. They provided me a room regardless of that minor issue. The room was clean and everything worked. I would definitely use them again.
1 night trip Nov 2, 2014
Len
"Ok"
Ok
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
"Not worth the price!"
A little run down. Horrible breakfast! Cereal and waffles only!
2 night business trip Oct 16, 2014
Lindy
Was under renovations and showed it. the room we were in was clean and the staff was very accommodating.
1 night trip Oct 10, 2014
"HORRIBLE, DIRTY, RAN DOWN..ZERO STARS!!!"
The pictures looked decent. .at least well enough for just an overnight stay...I was sadly mistaken! Dirty, ran down..the streets looked cleaner and safer to spend the night than in the actual motel! One of those dark and gloomy motels that rent by the hour! Motel lodged nothing but men!! If I could have canceled. .I would have but my budget held me hostage at this dump! Spend the extra few bucks and get a better motel people! Beware!!!
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
"last minute"
We booked this hotel at the last minute and overall were very satisfied with the property. The room was a good size, was clean and everything worked. The bed was very comfortable.
1 night business trip Aug 28, 2014
ron
"you get what you pay for."
Not the best place I've ever stayed but I guess for only being $60 you get what you pay for. Room was super hot when I first arrived and had a horrid smell. Luckily I hadn't eaten yet so I turned on air conditioner and left. Came back an hour later and it was cooling down slowly and I sprayed the room with air freshener that I had purchased to get rid of smell. I probably won't be staying again.
1 night business trip Aug 16, 2014
logan
"Could be bretter"
OK, but verydark. Continental breakfast was a joke. Toaster broken, only 2 kinds of cereal, oh tasted like watery Tang. We went to McDonalds
Other trip May 17, 2014
kate
"Horrible stay"
The ac didnt work the phone didnt connect to the front desk to tell them i was afraid to go by myself with my kids i was alone without my husband. The beds had plastic covering on them and the room was not clean at all there were was hair everywhere and huge stains in the bath tub. The microwave had popcorn in it and there were still glass rings all over the tables. The adjoining room had a door with a lock that was so loose the next room could push the door open to look inside our room. It was 2 star hotel however that is a lot of money for us.
Other trip May 11, 2014
chris
"nice hotel"
The staff was very friendly,very helpful..the room was clean,,but had a musty smell to it,,there was plastic covers on the bed which was good,,,however every time you roll over in the middle of the night it was very noisy..the courtyard was very nice,,i would recommend this place,and proably even stay there again.
Other trip May 6, 2014
Janice
Good clean rooms, very good service.
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
Stay was okay.
1 night trip Mar 5, 2014
"Definitely not a 2 1/2 star hotel"
This is an old motel that has tried to update but has fallen way short. At most, I would classify it as a 1-star hotel. Definitely not 2 1/2 as indicated on Hotels.com. About the only good things I have to say are that the lady who checked me in was very friendly and the bed was comfortable. In the room, the carpet needed to be vacuumed, the bathtub and sink were old and in bad condition, the furniture was scratched, and the chair was very badly stained. Internet service was poor to non-existent. The exterior areas were dirty and the parking lot was in terrible condition. The man who checked me out was gruff and unfriendly.
1 night business trip Feb 19, 2014
"Great for the price"
My wife and I almost didn't book with them because of other reviews. I am glad we did though. The staff was friendly and very professional. The continental breakfast was not big but what they had was fresh andthey kept it well stocked. There is also a good restaurant next door. The rooms were clean and confortable as well. I would definitely stay here again when I come back for my next hunt.
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
Douglas
"Right on the main highway"
We were advised that the hotel was being renovated. However! This hotel was straight out of the 1980's. The bed was clean, but very uncomfortable. The tub was dirty & the faucet dripped all night. We were told there was a chair that could be used as a bed. Not so. Outdated, and just looking at the outside should have sent us packing. But we'd made reservations & paid in advvance. The price was right, but it's not somewhere I'd stay again, on purpose.
1 night trip Dec 26, 2013
brenda
"Cheap hotel"
When I first opened the door to the room the beds weren't made the sheets and pillows were on the sofa, trash was in the trash cans, and you could see the nasty stains on the mattresses. We got another room as fast as possible. Other than that great stay
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
Edmundk
"Was not a Great Stay"
Reservation was supposed to be 2 queen, showed up as 2 doubles. They had to find the only room left with queens. It was a very poor condition room. I'm typically not picky when I pay a lower rate like this, but... Non smoking room smelled so much like smoke it was suffocating, had to purchase febreeze and spray entire bottle, leave and come back. Door was broken. Air cond didn't work last night there very well. Toilet was not clean, had to clean floor around it. Bottom of bathtub in terrible condition. Walls super thin. Heard everything. A truck and trailer parked in 4 spaces directly in front of doors. One ice machine in unsafe location. Sheets not good. Mattress not good. Disappointing stay bc we had asked to see a room on a,previous visit to Brownwood and were shown a much better room ..possibly a room for that purpose, to "show". Will not choose to stay here again. Will pay $50+ more a night to feel safer, cleaner and be able to sleep.
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
""Value" motel"
Nothing fancy old and worn out. Paid ahead at $65 a night on site. i saw a sign for all rooms at $39. When I arrive that was the price. Worth $39, not much more.
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
hpu visitor
"Smoke-free room??"
While the room was decent for the price, the stench of smoke from the room next door was unbearable. We placed a call to the front desk, but never got an apology or even the opportunity to move to another room; keep in mind that the hotel was not full to capacity. Thankfully we only had to spend one night!!
Other trip Oct 2, 2013
Pete
"value?"
Room smelled bad-towels were paper thin-ironing board, but had to ask for an iron-shower water was either scalding or freezing
2 night trip Sep 20, 2013
"Old, but clean"
At one time, this was a really nice hotel. Although it is now quite old, the room we stayed in was very clean and orderly. I think the price is a bargain, and other travelers must think so also because the hotel was full on the Friday night we stayed.
Other trip Sep 22, 2013
Very nice property. Well maintained, clean, and nice management.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
cam
"Nice hotel; close to our destination."
The rooms were OK. The only complaint is the pool was closed; but, that was not the hotel's fault; the city requested that water usage be curtailed due to the drought.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
Dur
"Easy as 1-2-3.......:)"
We arrived ...got the key and the room was already cleaned ...smells good...air was on , on this 102 degree weather...THANX for the room and price of it....Jen
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
"large room was good for a family."
it was ok, not great, pool had been drained. but they did not mention pool, so my mistake. free wifi, free breakfast. easy to get to, right on the highway.
2 night trip Jun 28, 2013
"very clean"
We were looking for an econmical place to stay one night. The hotel was very clean,the staff very nice. We even had a picnic table outside our room where we ate our take out pizza!!!! The only thing we did not like was the pool was empty. it was avery relaxing place with green lawn outside our door. We will stay again if we are traveling through Brownwood.
1 night family trip May 25, 2013
Isabel
"Get what you pay for"
Hotel lobby was fine; large room where the breakfast is served in AM. Breakfast consisted of the standard waffle maker, two kinds of cereal (fruit loops/raisin bran), bread/toaster, orange drink (not juice) and coffee. The carpet in room as well as the love seat arms were really gross - decades of yuck on them. Bed was not supportive and resulted in backache for both of us. There was plenty of hot water though the shower curtain was rubbing on you the entire time which based on carpet, kind of grossed me out. There was some kids raising heck next door about 10:30pm when we were trying to sleep but a call to the front desk took care of that. For what we paid (compared to other 'known' chains in town (all of which were full) I guess we got our money's worth.
1 night trip May 10, 2013
PlanoGuy
Very nice room for the price. There did not appear to be much of a breakfast but with the restaurant next door made that okay for us. We will definitely will stay here again when in town.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2013
"Good deal"
Certainly not a 5 star hotel, but clean and nice rooms with comfortable beds for a great price. 100 times better then similarly priced hotels in the area. We stay in the area frequently and have booked most of the hotels there, this is the only one we have gone back too. The breakfast is pretty much just waffles and coffee, maybe juice if they don't run out.
Other trip Apr 29, 2013
"No title"
The employees were helpful and courteous. The room was nice and comfortable. A Quiet area,and I would recommend this to friends and family and the price was right.
Other trip Mar 27, 2013
"YUK!"
Old and the rooms were kind of scummy. Floors seemed dirty and the room smelled musty
Other trip Mar 17, 2013
"Good place to stay while visiting parents"
We enjoyed staying at Value Lodge while we were in Brownwood to visit my parents on our way to see my nephew graduate from Tarleton Univ.
1 night trip Dec 14, 2012
"Fine for passing through."
It is an inexpensive hotel. Do not expect a 5 Star Hotel experience. Adaquate for a short stay. Towels are in poor shape. Should have been replaced. Good location for "Brownwood". Breakfast was minimal, however, did like the novelty of a Texas shaped waffle.
Other trip Dec 9, 2012
"Brownwood stop"
Attractive and clean. Has everything you need. Convenient location.
Other trip Nov 19, 2012
"Room had bad smel"
The smell in the room was so bad i had trouble sleeping.
Other trip Oct 8, 2012
"Overnight say"
Was much as we expected. Fortunately, we had an outside room where we could see our car right in front of door. Breakfast was minimal, except for "Texas" shaped waffles. Convenient for our purpose, to see parents.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2012
"I don't recommend this hotel"
The room looked clean on the surface but had an aweful smell. The carpet and bedding had a horrible odor. The tub, shower and toilet were clean.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2012
"July"
My husband and I stay there quite often while we check on my aged parents. Had granddaughter with us this time as we were also in town for a family reunion. Pool has been closed for some time. She was very disappointed that she could not swim. Fixtures in bathrooms are old, as I remember, they have probably been here for 40+ yrs. Rooms clean. Very convenient location. Love "Texas" waffles.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2012