All hotels in Amherst, New York, United States of America

Clean
"Average"
Room smelled of smoke
3 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
"The place you won't want to leave."
...as fine and beautiful a hotel and amenities as anywhere in the country.
2 night romance trip Oct 1, 2014
This hotel was very nice. My only complaints are the location was not great... Hard to pull into the hotel drive. Also, it was obvious they were having staffing issues- when I checked in they had a sign that they would be back in 5 minutes. The poor girl had to apologize that she was the only one there that day and was setting up the crib in a room (probably our room). Unfortunately, the breakfast was not good at all. That's something they could improve on significantly. And it seemed they never had enough plates or forks or food or seats. They were always out of something. Also, I really did not appreciate the fire alarm going off at 8am. Regardless of if the toaster in the kitchen is smoking, it should not set off the alarms for the entire building that early in the morning. It should be zoned better.
2 night trip Oct 3, 2014
Kirsten
"Great UB area hotel"
Decent. Not your typical hotel layout. Confusing at times.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
My wife and I stayed the weekend. Other than the constant sax music in the dining room, Main Lobby, pool area, and elevators, the hotel was wonderful. Great staff, the room was very large and comfortable. Highly recommend it.
2 night trip with friends Sep 13, 2014
Nice hotel! My family had a good time in there.
2 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
"beautiful"
Exellence
1 night family trip Aug 31, 2014
Luis a ramos
"shuttle didn't start till 7 am"
we had to drive to catch a 8:15 flight. Their shuttle didn't start till 7 am
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Close to University of Buffalo"
The floor plan worked out great - loved the sitting area and the kitchenette. Bedroom and bathroom were very large.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Bonnie
"Awesome location, great deal"
We stayed four nights - two adults one 4yo and one 2yo. It is the first time we used a suite hotel and I am so glad we did. We were able to put the boys down for the night and close the bedroom door and not worry about or tv or conversations waking them up. The fridge and kitchenette were super useful too. The breakfast and dinner were perfect our first night and morning. The pool is great. The location makes it easy to get around the buffalo area as well as grab Timmy's, Duffs, and Anderson's. We had a great stay!
4 night family trip Aug 21, 2014
Theresa
Amazing customer service. Front desk personnel were amazing. We had an issue with our reservation through Hotel.com and although it was not the fault of the hotel, the front desk ladies took it upon themselves to see that the issue was resolved. While we were waiting they offered us snacks. Unbelievably awesome. I recommend this hotel 100%.
1 night business trip Aug 4, 2014
Joe Q
"Best stay at any hotel in the past year or so."
The hotel was beautiful. Well maintained and decorated. Our room was very large, bed comfortable and air conditioning wasn't a unit by the window so not noisy. The room had a kitchen including dishwasher and large fridge. Also included in the kitchen were dishes and eating utensils. We didn't use any but they were available which was a nice option to offer. Breakfast was not outstanding, normal free breakfast fare at any hotel that offers free breakfast. But it was hardy and plentyful. Coffee is available 24-7 also a nice amenity. The hotel also offered a get together of hotel guests from around 6 to 7:30 in the main lobby for small finger foods and drinks. Since we ate a late lunch and didn't want dinner this was highly appreciated. The hotel also offers outdoor tables for eating and gas grills. I suppose to grill your own meals which would be nice to have with an extended stay cooking your own meals. We have been traveling around New York State and the Northeast for a few years staying at various hotels and I can honestly say this is the best so far. The only complaint we might have is the bathroom could have been a little cleaner, but, given the fact the hotel staff have very little time to clean each room it was okay.
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2014
JACKIE CASE
"Good one"
Good one. I will visit again.
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2014
laks
We can't wait to stay here again in the future!!!!
2 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Jackie
"Nice place to stay"
I had to book a room on short notice for a quick trip. We arrived at the hotel around 4 in the afternoon. The Front Desk was extremely nice. Our room was nice and clean when we entered. There was a calendar with the food menu for the month (they have free dinners M-Th and free hot breakfast everyday). They will also do shopping for you if you need them to & have it delivered to your room later in the day. The kitchen supervisor knocked on our door 10 minutes after we got into our room & had ice pops for my 2 children which I thought was really nice. For dinner, they have 1 basic meal but with a salad and a couple of sides. The food wasn't bad. However, my kids don't eat meatloaf so the staff actually brought bread, peanut butter, & jelly for them to make their own sandwiches. They also have a beer on tap & a couple bottles of wine to choose from to have with your dinner. All of this is part of your stay - not extra. Breakfast was a decent selection of eggs, meat, potatoes, make your own waffles, cereal & pastries & yogurt. They also have coffee & real creamers (not powdered) available all day long. The only downside of the place was the pool. I'm not sure if someone went in for a morning swim before we got there but there was a big glob of hair floating. Otherwise the pool & hot tub were good. Also, the place is right by everything & right by major highways. The price per night was also really good.. When we go back in a year I plan on staying here again
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
"Nice buffet"
I was impressed by the variety in the breakfast buffet and that different items were available each day. A dinner choice was also served for free Mon.-Thurs. I didn't take advantage of it this trip but will keep it in mind for another vista.
7 night trip Jul 14, 2014
My family and I had a very pleasant stay. Check in was easy. Housekeeping staff was exactly. Can't say enough about their service and support for our week stay. Would stay again if we returned to Buffalo.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
"minimal issues"
other than when we accidently over microwaved our popcorn and called down for another bag we were told no and the fact that they ran out of beer and lied about it, everything else was great, I would stay again.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
dawne
"Nice place to stay"
Never stayed at a homewood suites before, was very pleased.
2 night trip with friends Jul 8, 2014
"BAD!!"
For 4 adults i would expect to have 2 queen or king beds. But i was offered one sofa bed and 1 Queen bed. I do not go on vacation to sleep in sofa bed.
3 night trip Jul 3, 2014
venkateswaran
"Nice hotel to stay on a short trip"
Nice hotel, nice convenient location. The only drawback? The sofa bed was too flimsy and could not even accommodate two thin people. Rest all was good. Breakfast was a delight :)
1 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2014
"Great family location"
This was a great family hotel. Large rooms with kitchen and sitting area in addition to the bedroom. Breakfast had good choices. This was a good location when visiting Niagara Falls with a quick and easy trip to the border. It was a really good value compared to many other hotels in the area.
2 night business trip Jun 27, 2014
Dawn
"College Tour Trip"
We stayed at this hotel twice, once on the way out the midwest and on our return trip back to MA. With 3 people in a room, we had plenty of space to spread out. The beds were comfy and the bathroom was a nice size. Breakfast was included and staff was fantastic. I'd go there again if I were in the area.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
Leslie
Rooms are dark. Friendly people. Good breakfast.
5 night trip Jun 17, 2014
Ghadah
Everyone friendly! Hotel clean! Food excellent! I love all you can eat for breakfast, and dinner buffet.
4 night trip with friends Jun 18, 2014
Dianne
"Spacious room"
Breakfast had many options.
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2014
"Very nice stay"
My wife and I stayed here 3-nights. They had an excellent breakfast that is included. They also had a free dinner, although we did not use the feature. The indoor pool was a hit with my 7 year old granddaughter, The rooms were very clean and well decorated. The rooms had a separate small living area with second TV, a desk, table, and kitchenette. We will definitely stay there again..
2 night family trip May 22, 2014
"Awesome Hotel for my family stay."
Awesome Hotel, nice front office staff, very convenient beds for fair rate.
3 night family trip May 23, 2014
Albasrawi
Breakfast excellent. Front desk service not the best . Room had non working hair dryer. Room overpriced for amenities
1 night business trip May 17, 2014
"Friendly staff"
Hotel was very good. Breakfast with different variety. I enjoyed the coffee 24 hours.
Other trip May 14, 2014
shirly
"Great value"
It was a great value for the room I recieved. I would definately stay here again.
1 night trip Apr 18, 2014
Justin
"Definately worth the value!!!!"
This place was great. It was wonderful to have a living room to chill out in and a complete kitchen (minus an oven) but you had a cook top and a microwave so you were fine. The complimentary breakfast and dinner were decent. The hotel was clean and well maintained. If traveling to Buffalo this will definitely be our go to place in the future!
2 night trip Apr 15, 2014
Ken
"Weekend Stay"
Great location, right next to all the major highways! Staff was fantastic, the rooms are large and comfortable. The only problem is a lot of families stay here, so the environment is not suited for mature adults wanting a quite place to stay.
3 night trip Apr 10, 2014
World Travelers
We stayed in a 2Queen beds suite with a pull out sofa in the LV and a kitchen. It was rather small but very convenient. The sofa was comfortable and the suite was well equiped. Comlementary breakfast had waffles and fresh fruit. All very clean, friendly and nice.
1 night trip Mar 28, 2014
"Excellent Experience"
Very nice hotel with spacious rooms, very comfortable. Highly recommended.
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
Great customer service, outstanding food and very clean . Visited family very nice place to feel at home.
4 night trip Mar 22, 2014
"Very nice hotel near Niagara Falls"
Our overnight stay was almost excellent. I say almost because the continential breakfast was pure chaos. I had 3 or 4 different people almost knock my plate out of my hand while I waited on my waffle to cook. There were adults that didn't even dress. They just showed up wearing bathrobes and their kids didn't have shirts or shoes on. You would have thought no one had eaten because as soon as the hotel staff brought out food (especially the bacon), it was GONE! I finally gave up and went back to my room. I give the hotel staff credit because they did make it right. My $75 non-refundable pet deposit was returned which I thought was very considerate. I would stay there again anytime I travel to that area.
Other trip Feb 21, 2014
"Nice place to stay, convenient to many great sight"
This was our 2nd stay at this hotel. In fact, when we were planning this trip, we'd had such a good experience the last time that we wanted to stay here again. The staff was excellent - friendly and accommodating and went out of their way to help us. Definitely stay here if you have a family and especially if you have a group of families meeting in the area!
1 night trip with friends Feb 8, 2014
"Excellent accommodations"
Nice hotel with complimentary breakfast. Really enjoyed my stay.
2 night trip Jan 31, 2014
"Quality of service"
This was our second stay here in a month and was just as good as the first time! We will be back in February! Such a friendly staff and very clean!
3 night family trip Dec 20, 2013
Carol L
We had never stayed at the Homewood Suites before and absolutely loved everything about it! We will use them again for sure!
3 night trip Nov 22, 2013
c.lough
"Courteous and Convenient"
This has become a "go-to" hotel for us when we go to Buffalo, because of its convenient location to numerous highways, eateries, and shopping areas in case we forget something. The staff is always courteous and eager to help. Our only issue, if you call it that, was we found some garbage, a plastic bottle and tissue paper, under our bed, which would not be a big deal but our 2 and half year old son loves to explore. On the positive note, we also found a bouncy ball under the bed that was washed and our son loves to play with that. Over all very satisfied with our stay and plan to stay again in the future.
2 night trip Sep 27, 2013
"close to the university"
We really enjoyed this hotel. The rooms were very clean & the pool area was outstanding. Beds were comfortable & the evening reception & complimentary breakfast were a nice touch. We will stay at this facility again.
1 night trip Sep 25, 2013
Deb & Dan
"Weekend with Friends"
This hotel was recommended because of its close proximity to I290 and to the home of a Buffalo friend. The location was extemely convenient. We had a suite that was extremely comfortable with the sitting room and kitchenette. We enjoyed breakfast both days.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
"GREAT HOTEL"
We stayed for an extended weekend trip to Niagara Falls. With a family of five, the free roll out bed was the perfect compliment to the room. The kitchenette came in particularly handy as we were able to keep things fresh four our kids snacks etc. the free breakfast was very nice, enough variety to not get bored. The staff was great and very accommodating. We are so happy we chose this hotel over staying closer to the falls, the price was great an the short 17 minute drive was tolerable. All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel for a family stay.
2 night family trip Aug 16, 2013
"Homewood Suites for the win!!"
Options are always limited when road tripping with my dogs but this was by FAR the best experience we've had after 4 hotels. The staff is exceptionally nice even having the dogs treats at check in. The room is super clean, breakfast and coffee great plus they have a big grassy area for dog walks complete with baggies for pickup. Next road trip we are only booking Homewood Suites!
1 night trip Aug 17, 2013
"Good, But Out of The Way From Many Sights"
Nice for families. Nice indoor pool. Very clean and quiet hotel. Only had buffet breakfast service, which was very crowded each day. On some days there were no seats and we either had to skip breakfast or come back later, if possible. Should consider starting a dinner service. The hotel is quite a distance from any of the must-see attractions, so a car is a must. Also, having a dinner service might be nice for hotel guest returning after a long day and travelling out of the way. However, price was excellent compared to many closer locations to the sights. The staff was always very pleasant and always ready to offer excellent assistance.
3 night family trip Jul 11, 2013
Edward
"OUT SIDE BUFFALO"
The hotel is in good location outside Buffalo, near two shopping Malls. 20 minutes by car to downtown. Rooms good space. Not an excellent clean. The sofa bed is NOT confortable to sleep. The pool very good.
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
"All good!"
This was great for our 4 night visit to family in the area. Suite offered bedroom privacy for my wife who liked to sleep in and nice living area / kitchen so we never felt cramped. Also Amherst location was right on 290 which will take you anywhere in the area quickly. Very nice facility with nice breakfast!
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
"Road Trip 2013"
My husband and I took a 11 day road trip with our last stop being Buffalo/Amherst for a family reunion. We actually stayed here with a recommendation from my parents who were also staying in the same hotel. The hotel is absolutely beautiful and the rooms are just fabulous. I've never been to a hotel that each room had its own dishwasher! The rooms were very accommodating and clean. It seriously is like a home away from home. The breakfast was hot and delicious! They even offer a dinner Monday-Thursday. You can even make a grocery list that they'll pick up for you daily and leave in your room. I didn't have a chance to experience the fitness room, pool, or business center, but it all looked very nice. I would definitely stay at the Homewood Suites. The hotel is on the top of my list, for sure.
1 night trip Jul 14, 2013