This former palace of Prince Württemberg is located on the Ring Boulevard 1 block from the Haus der Musik, two blocks from Kärntnerstrasse shops, and four blocks from the Stadtpark's memorials and gardens. Musikverein, located adjacent to the hotel, is the home of the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra.
Built in 1863, the Hotel Imperial was originally a palace, and its public areas still reflect its past. Chandeliers hang from the ceilings, corridors are decorated with marble columns and period grandfather clocks, and the lobby is filled with rococo-style chairs. Restaurant Imperial is a fine-dining restaurant serving dinner in a dark-wood-paneled dining room. Signature dishes include a Supreme of Quail on truffeled Black Salsify. Café Imperial provides a coffee-house atmosphere that attracts locals as well as hotel guests. Live piano music plays in the afternoons. The Maria Theresia's smoothly curved bar, rococo-style sofas and armchairs and private nooks make this a highly atmospheric location for a post-business or pre-dinner drink. In summer, the bar extends into an open-air terrace.
A small gym on the fifth floor features step, running, and weight machines, free weights, and a dry sauna. A hairdresser prepares guests for a night at the opera. The business center has two computers with flat-screen monitors, printers, phones, a photocopier, and ergonomic chairs. Seven function rooms, including a grand festival hall, can be used for meetings or events.
This hotel has 138 guestrooms, all of which are decorated with silk wallpaper and filled with antique rococo-style furnishings. The hotel's late-19th-century origins are reflected in each room's décor. Period oil paintings hang from the walls and rooms are lit by rococo chandeliers. Bedding and drapes are in rich brocades. All rooms have dial-up Internet access (surcharge). Marble bathrooms have oversized basins, deep baths, and bathroom scales.