All hotels in Mammoth Lakes, California, United States of America
6080 Minaret Road, Mammoth Lakes, CA, 93546, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"So so hotel"
No AC for whole building. The location is good. I like the breakfast
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
Xinyi
Very cute hotel with an outstanding breakfast. I would stay here again anytime. Note, this hotel does not have air conditioned rooms.
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
very nice and cozy
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
"Worst room ever"
It was the worst room I've ever stayed. They don't have an air conditioning. The window of the room was so small, it was hot in the room and no fresh air enough. Never again in this hotel!
1 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
"Great place!"
Great place! Very close to a large shopping center and restaurants. Staff was very helpful. Hot tub is only open in winter and there is no AC. Weather was not very hot so that was not a deal breaker. Breakfast is European style with meats and cheeses in addition to traditional items. Room was comfy and had everything we needed. East entrance to Yosemite was about 50 minutes away. Gorgeous location. We will be back.
2 night romance trip Jun 22, 2015
We got a room that wasn't too good. It felt like a dungeon in the bottom of the adjoining building. Other rooms are much better.
1 night trip with friends Jun 4, 2015
Ronn
"Nice and comfort lodge to stay"
The hotel is not fancy, but nice and cozy. The room was clean, the service was great and they served pretty decent breakfast. The only drawback is that the hotel reception is on the second floor, and my room was at 3rd floor. It is hard to carry heavy luggage to upstairs.
1 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
"Nice location, great service, mediocre room"
Overall, it was a bed, shower, and good breakfast. There was no a/c in the room, which would have been okay in the fall/winter, but we came back to an 80+ degree room reach day - not a comfortable way to relax after hiking all day. If you're over 5'4" you'll be crouching in the shower and in front of the mirrors... I have a sore back/neck because I'm 6'5". The staff and breakfast mostly made up for the mediocre room though.
2 night trip Jun 17, 2015
"Alpenhof Review"
My wife and I appreciated the continental breakfast and the front desk staff was polite and informative. We were told the live band would stop by 10 pm, fortunately they stopped at 8 pm. The reason the neighborhood received a low score was the live band 200 yards up the street. We were tired and wanted to rest after our long drive.
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
Marty
"Great Honeymoon getaway"
Lovely respite on our honeymoon road trip. Staff very friendly and helpful Ron was great.Room was very cute.Great view , close to everything .Everything you need including space for gear just need to duck if tall person in shower
1 night romance trip May 27, 2015
Ingrid
"Great location and friendly staff"
Great location right across the street from the Village where restaurants are and some shops. Lodge has restaurant and Gastropub. Mammoth Lakes Basin just short drive up the main street. Staff are very nice and helpful. King bed room was clean, room size was decent, and had a little fridge. Free breakfast, croissants, pastries, hard boiled eggs, salami, bagel, muffins, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, & cereal. Friendly happy staff, location, and clean lodge made our stay very pleasant and would stay again.
2 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Very amicable stuff. Excellent location."
Nice rooms, excellent stuff. City center location. The rooms are well lit and the balcony in front opens up to the view of mountains in front. The front desk lady and also the man are very amicable. Glad I booked this hotel.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Andy
"great hotel.especially their nice staff."
Great experience. Beautiful hotel with nice room. Workers there are really awesome. The best i ever met.really appreciate it.
Other trip May 17, 2015
Hang
"Classic ski lodge"
Helpful and friendly staff. Awesome location. Classic older ski lodge that is well maintained.
2 night trip with friends Apr 24, 2015
neil
"Comfortable and cute"
Great service and great location
1 night romance trip Apr 22, 2015
"Very convenient for skiing, eating, shopping"
This is a quaint, relatively small hotel right across the street from the village gondola, and right on the free bus route for the Main Lodge, so it's super-convenient for skiing. There are lots of restaurants and shops within a 2-block walk. (The burger place next door is awesome.) Staff is very friendly and helpful, and there's a decent free continental breakfast. The rooms are nothing special but they're clean and comfortable.
3 night family trip Mar 8, 2015
Brent
"Cute hotel, great location"
Great location. Hotel is pretty nice. Very comfortable. Only negatives are a low-ish shower head for a 6' 3" guy. They also use radiant heaters in the rooms and can sound like a roller coaster ticking up the lift hill when they're on high. Not sure if it was just the unit in my room or if they are all like that. Either way I'd definitely stay there again. Oh, and they had a pretty good (complimentary) breakfast, which included some fancy cold cuts.
2 night romance trip Feb 10, 2015
Great location across the street from the Village (dining and free gondola ride to the ski slopes). Staff was very friendly. The basement had a fun bar with pool tables and lots of TVs. There was also a decent sized hot tub in the basement, which rarely seemed to be used by other guests anytime we were in it or walked by. Free breakfast was standard continental style plus some meats and cheeses. Would probably look to stay there again on future skiing trips, depending on the price.
3 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
"Great stay with great location!"
Quaint and warm atmosphere. Friendly and helpful staff. Good dining below with extensive wine selection.
4 night romance trip Jan 5, 2015
"Deep Fried Hotel Stay"
First of All, hotel condition was good. The room was very clean and everything was in order. WiFi and breakfast is free with stay, which is nice. What I did not appreciate about my stay was the smell of fried food all night. There is a bar/restaurant located at hotel basement level that vents its air towards rooms above it. I wish I had known about this in advance and would of planned accordingly. The smell was horrible and ruined an otherwise great vacation.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Saul
"Quaint Hotel"
The knowledge of the area was helpful for finding Food or entertainment. Would definitely stay here again.
Dean
"Great hotel in a central location in Mammoth Lakes"
Although the hotel appears to be a little out-dated, it is very clean with great staff who were friendly. The room is very clean and comfortable. The breakfast is much better than expected. Easy check-in and check-out process. I would not recommend staying in the rooms right above the pub as it can get quite noisy at night. We could hear people drinking and talking loudly from the room. :(
Luis
"Nice Hotel near many restaurants and things to do"
Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Older hotel , but clean. Sports bar downstairs a lot of fun.
"Overall good"
Overall it is good.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
Brandon Kim
"A great nite at Mammoth Lakes!!"
Didn't want to drive from LA to Reno in one day so we stayed here. VERY quiet and a great staff at the front desk abd the restaurant. Food and service was excellant....... this was quiet a find. Will stay there again!!
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
TERRENCE
"A friendly place"
The three of us stayed in a small two-bed room, which had one tiny fridge, two double beds, a table with two chairs, tv and plenty of storage. I got the room for about $100 per night, which I think was a fantastic price, especially because they have breakfast as well. The staff is super nice, the hotel is not the fancy-kind, but very nice and cozy where you'd retreat after a day of hiking. The only thing we didn't understand was that they have the sign out about the towels (hang them to keep them, toss them on the floor to get new ones), but you'll end up getting new ones every day, no matter what you do. Overall, it was a great experience.
3 night family trip Sep 23, 2014
"Terrific location"
We stayed over the weekend of a big bicycle race, but we are not bicycle people. The staff was very helpful in finding other things to do in the area. Room was very clean and we felt comfortable. Breakfast at the inn was very nice, great coffee!! We will go back again
2 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"it's good basic accomodation"
Good basic accommodation but dated interior in the room. Complimentary breakfast was satisfactory. Coffee makers not in every room, only upgraded room but I was provided one when asked. Location is good but room does not have A/C and opening the window I got to smell the burger joint next door. I would stay there again.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"Came during the summer to hike the area."
Lots to do, the village across the street had great food, music. Hiking around the area was phenomenal.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
sherri
"Can't beat location and price"
My husband I decided to stay here as this was the only hotel in Mammoth Lakes we came across that had a decent price (with no added resort fee) and good reviews, so we tried it. Overall, we both liked it. We booked just a regular king room, but when we got there they upgraded us for free to a king room with a fireplace because they said the room they had originally put us in had "kitchen noise". You can tell the hotel is older, the floor was creaky and it had that "older smell". But besides that it was clean and cozy. There's no A/C, but we stayed in August and it got down to 45 degrees at night so i'm not sure that's even a necessity. They did have fans in all the rooms however. There was no tub, just a shower, but that's not a big deal for me. The location was great, right across the street from the village area which has restaurants and shops. I'd stay again.
1 night romance trip Aug 19, 2014
Lindsey
We were in a room right next to an exhaust fan, and it was very noisy most of the night. Everything outside of that was very good and accommodating. and very friendly and happy to help.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014
"Quaint and Quiet"
Nice little hotel. More rustic than you would guess, but you're likely in Mammoth to take advantage of the nature around you - so this hotel is 100x better than camping and only a little worse than your standard Holiday Inn Express. Rooms are fairly clean (although they could do better in the shower). The room itself was fairly nice - good size, newer carpet (that seriously needs to be re-stretched), fireplace, two TV's (one in bedroom and one in family room). My biggest issue was the control of the water temperature...it was either scalding or freezing and there was no in-between...and the water pressure was very low. I told the staff and they were going to check it out. The only other thing you should be aware of is that there is no air conditioning. It wasn't super hot when I was there, so the fan they provided was perfect, but on a 90 degree day / night, it could certainly be a problem.
1 night business trip Aug 10, 2014
B. Andrews
"nice."
No problem. The hotel, I think, must be changing hands because no capital improvements are seen.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
This hotel is right across from Mammoth Village so you can walk to lots of great shops and restaurants. The hotel itself is very quaint, though one warning is that thee is no AC so it gets kinda hot in your room by the end of the night. That was my only complaint. The staff is great, breakfast was good, great location. I would stay here again.
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Krista
"Mammoth experience"
Hotel is a bit dated, loby and breakfast room in bad need of redo.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
Bruce
"Chalet atmosphere"
A great spot for a stay in the Mammoth Lakes area. The staff was a stand out and I only wish my stay was longer. Would definitely come there again.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2014
Cheri Johnson
Overall, this was a great stay! One plus is that it's right in the middle of things, across from Mammoth Village. One drawback is that this location made it pretty loud on a Saturday night. We could hear drunk revelers until 2 am.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"Just what we were looking for!"
The hotel and room were very clean and had everything we needed. The hotel theme and the fact that we were the few English speakers added to the charm and reminded me fondly of stays in European hotels. The included breakfast was convenient and an appreciated bonus!
4 night business trip Jun 23, 2014
Celene
"Nice hotel in Mammoth Lakes, great location"
Friendly staff, good breakfast. Great hotel for the price
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
"Tiny shower"
I was very disappointed with this hotel. They put us in a cottage which was very old. The carpet was stained. Even though it looked clean it felt dirty. The shower was so small that I couldn't wash my feet. My shoulders touched both the sides of the shower just standing in it. The bed was very hard. Even though there were two bedrooms there was only one clock. We will not stay here again.
2 night trip Jun 13, 2014
"Nice for the price"
Nice comfortable hotel at a good price.
1 night business trip Jun 10, 2014
"Alpenhof Lodge"
We had a nice room and found staff to be very helpful great location.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
SCMM MINI Club
"everything was great"
Alpenhof lodge was a great find in Mammoth Lakes! The service was excellent and room was clean. Breakfast was also better than expected. Would definitely come back again.
1 night trip May 30, 2014
"You knew it was a budget hotel when you booked it."
Some may question my high marks, but for a budget hotel I cannot complain. Twin Lakes is a 2.5 mile walk (jog if you have the lungs) and the restaurants and shops are less than a mile walk. Actually the new shops across the street are closer, obviously, but they are directed at the younger crowd. I prefer old Mammoth shops but to each their own. My only real complaint is cramming a king size bed into a small room and then putting the armoire in front of it. A queen would have been better for my particular room which was the cheapest. I am sure a larger room would be quite nice. The breakfast is pretting good too.
3 night trip May 24, 2014
"Amazing staff, good food, great room."
Great place. Mammoth lakes is a beautiful place; & Alpenhof has a great staff & wonderful old place decor which makes the room cozy.
Other trip May 26, 2014

"Could come here hof-ten"
Great hotel and especially the friendly reception staff. It's a shame they had no facilities to make hot drinks in the room and breakfast finishes earlier at 9am midweek which we were not aware of. Other than that, it was quite an enjoyable 2 night stay.
2 night romance trip May 16, 2015
Barry
"Disapointing and expensive"
Very expensive for the quality of the hotel. Dated in need of upgrade. Helpful receptionist on check in. Very noisy room above us at 01.30 which went on for about 90 mins which the hotel did nothing about.
1 night romance trip Mar 4, 2015
Lorraine
"Lovely"
Very big nice rooms with fridge and nice bathroom. No a/c but there was a big fan. The hotel staff were very friendly. Lots of places to eat nearby but it could be noisy in the evening. Not sure if this was just because there was a big event on when we were there. Great hotel if you want to be in middle of town but not peaceful location. Swimming pool in car park. sauna closed in summer. Would stay again happily. good value for money.
3 night family trip Jun 26, 2014
"住宿可以,就是去冰川点太远了"
前台的服务很好,早歺也好
1 night trip Jun 6, 2014

"bon hotel"
hotel bien placé - propre, personnel agréable. chambre de taille moyenne pour 4 (2 enfants et 2 adultes) Pas de clim, juste un ventilateur....un peu juste au mois d'aout. petit déjeuner correct piscine chauffée non testée.
2 night family trip Aug 20, 2015