All hotels in Cairns North, Queensland, Australia
227 Lake Street, Cairns North, QLD, 4870, Australia, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Good apt, walk to business district"
Good apartment hotel for a family with adult children. The location is in a quite neighborhood about a 15 min walk from the central business district. We reserved a 3 bedroom unit but because they were having trouble with it, they gave two 2-bedroom units side by side. The place is showing some age but still in good shape.
4 night family trip Sep 25, 2015
"Excellent Value and Food; Beautifully Landscaped;"
The staff was very friendly and helpful. The restaurant was beautiful and the food was a delight! The pool is small but beautifully landscaped and in timing as are the gardens throughout the hotel. The room was very spacious and super clean; the furnishings were a bit sterile looking, but in tiptop shape. I'd stay here again!
1 night romance trip Mar 30, 2015
Rosemary
"Arriving late acter reception hours"
I wrote to the hotel that my arrival will late at night. I arrived at 2 in the morning and could not have contact with anyone at the hotel. I called the security and they open me a gate and I was waiting at the reception room till 6 o'clock whem n somebody from the staff ariv3d. I got a room immedeatly, so I could have a shower before starting my dsy,
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
I am 61 years
"Not as close to main esplande"
We stayed thinking this was closer to the downtown esplande area. The hotel is across the street from the Cairns Hospital. It was quite a walk to the habour area. If you have little kids this place is quite close to the kids play area on the esplande and it has quite a few different play areas for he little ones.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Sue
"Wonderful Staff!"
Very friendly and helpful staff! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Bay Village and the restaurant apart of it was wonderful!
Other trip Oct 4, 2013

"handy to Hospital. notfar to town"
Oom was small but clean ok
2 night business trip Feb 2, 2016
Harold
"Bali in Cairns"
Good address for a prebooked first night after Arrival in Cairns. Close to Esplanade and whatever you require. Bar closes too early in the evening. Very nice Balinese style.
1 night romance trip Oct 30, 2015
Andreas
"Close to hospital"
my mum was in the hospital opposite and the location was good Staff were great and room comfortable The restaurant is Ballinese so be prepared
2 night family trip Oct 7, 2015
"Cairns"
Very nice place to stay, fantastic restaurant and the staff there amazing. Our room was a little tired looking however very clean. Garden and pool areas very inviting. Reception area lovely opening onto the pool area, staff most helpful. Would stay again.
4 night romance trip Sep 10, 2015
Noelle
"Good place to stay"
Bay Village is well placed if you want a pleasant place to stay that is a little out of the City. It is a short walk to the Beach Front and about 20 minutes walk into Central Cairns. Ideal if you have a car as it is at the Airport end of the City. Restaurant and Bar on site with friendly staff.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
desmond
"Good size room. Quiet and comfortable."
Convenient location. Great Restaurant on site. Very comfortable bed and good size room.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
Sam
"Reception staff too busy talking in phone to greet"
Waited 10 minutes for receptionist got off phone to greet and assist me.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
"Cairns breakaway"
First stay in Cairns was made comfortable but not very luxurious. Room was small and with little comfort such as microwave. Bathroom was very small and not suitable to have multiple persons in it at the same time
3 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
Jacob
"Very average! Pictures are deceiving"
Room was dated and very ordinary. Very expensive for the quality of room. Photos on the internet look NOTHING like the actual rooms! Would not recommend
Other trip Jul 21, 2015
Emma
We found the staff very helpful and our stay was good
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
"Decent Hotel with Great Restaurant"
Nothing super fancy, but a pretty good stay at a reasonable price. Neighborhood is very quiet and is an easy 15 min walk from the marina. The walls are a bit thin, but the other people staying there were reasonably quiet (no party goers). Our room did have ants, but that seems typical in such a humid climate. The star of this hotel is the balinese restaurant downstairs, which is absolutely delicious.
4 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
Meghan
"Ironman"
Staff were friendly and helpful with all my requests from late night return after ironman to bag drops and extra cleaning. The facility was quiet and breakfast was unexpectedly open earlier then I thought and so thankful when walking anywhere in the rain was not pleasant.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
michelle
"Spacious and short walk to Esplanade"
Close to the Esplanade. Huge 3 bedrooms all with air conditioners and fans and large built in robes. Enjoyed the outdoor table setting on the balcony. Could have had a microwave and electric frypan for those cooked breakies. Bathroom and an ensuite. Could have stayed longer.
2 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
Norman
"Noise"
I was given the room in the foyer - 104 I think and it was incredibly noisy all night. If you are going to put someone in the foyer, sound proof the room. It was a work trip and this was very disruptive. The room was clean but smelt strongly of bleach. Disappointing.
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
"Quiet location within easy walk to town"
very pleasant. No problems. Staff very helpful.................................................................................
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
Noel
"Attractive pool and a great restuarant"
The front of house staff were helpful at check in and handled any of our inquires in a friendly manner. The bar/ restaurant staff provided excellent service the twice we ate there.
Other trip May 28, 2015
Shez
"Surpassed expectations"
Could have stayed at more expensive hotels but the hotel was good and better than expected. Staff very helpful room big and clean and location less than 5 minutes from Esplanade. Centre of town main shopping mall 20 minutes walk,as is the reef terminal where the cruises go from.
Other trip May 4, 2015
"If I come back to Carins, would stay again!"
I booked appartment for me and a group of friends in mid April. It was exactly as descriped, all of the staff were friendly and helpfull. For the price we got it at it was fantasic. Clean, close to main part of city without feeling crowded, on the pick up list for activitys/cruises. I would recomend the Bay Village Tropical Retreat happily.
4 night trip with friends Apr 13, 2015
"another room may have been better ...."
Having a very noisy fridge directly behind the head of the bed made sleep extremely difficult as did the pool being outside the room so people sitting there at night were inevitably disturbing. And a white wine was served in a HOT glass ....!!
1 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
"Hotel rating"
I enjoyed my time at the Bay Village the room was clean and quiet the staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel was central to the CBD.
5 night trip Apr 18, 2015
Kaye
Very friendly and helpful staff, room was quite clean and comfortable.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Good hotel, good star"
Excellent, helpful and friendly staff. My room was nothing spectacular (queen bed single room), but for suited me for what I needed and was pretty good for what I paid. Very clean although could possibly use some modernising in places. The bed was MUCH more comfortable than the last hotel I stayed at. Not a perfect location being just behind the hospital, but good walking distance to the esplanade, plenty of shops and the Lagoon and Docks. Outdoors and courtyard were beautifully done. The pool was very inviting, with towels within easy access. And the food at the restaurant was great. Overall, a very good experience.
7 night trip Mar 8, 2015
Lauren
"Cairns Stopover"
Brief overnight stay. Onsite restaurant has good food.
1 night business trip Mar 6, 2015
overall good experience, there was lack of microwave in the kitchen and little bit more kitchen utensils for self-contained hotel
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
Anna
"Nice hotel close to restaurant and ptomenade"
Room cleaned every day, friendly staff walmind distance to everywhere
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
Alek
"nice and quiet, not to busy nice and relaxing"
close to all amenities all within walking distance
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
"Great Value! Great restaurant!"
Had a great 5 nights stay and it was great value for the money. Had the best restaurant as well!
5 night trip Jan 11, 2015
"Our stay at Bay Village"
Our stay was pleasant, our room was spacious and clean.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Christie
"Good rooms, unfriendly staff"
Rooms are fine, as advertised, but with the exception of 1 friendly gentleman at reception, the staff generally don't have time for you. The restaurant is amazing though.
7 night trip with friends Nov 11, 2014
Chantelle
"Emergency stay over"
We had a relative in hospital and had 6AM flight in the morning. This accommodation is ideally located for this. The attached restaurant was excellent. Food and service could not be faulted. The room allocated to us was a little outdated and in need of upgrade although comfortable.
Malcolm
"Comfortable. Clean. A good place to stay!"
My family of 6 stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment for a week. The apartment was clean and tidy with all you would need to make your stay comfortable. The apartnents are in need of a little maintenance/updating as some cupboards dont open/close properly, the bathroom vanity was a little water damaged, but these are all just cosmetic. We had a few little issues which the staff helped us with very promptly. The accommodation is an easy 10 minute stroll from the centre if Cairns. There are plenty of cafes, restaurants, and all essential facilities are within easy reach. The staff were amazing, friendly and very accommodating. We would definitely stay at Bay Village Tropical Retreat Apartments again.
6 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
Rachael
"Balinese retreat"
We really enjoyed the hotel during our recent stay. The hotel grounds are surrounded by lovely tropical trees and you really feel you're in your own little Balinese world when on site. The staff were absolutely fantastic and we noticed that they showed every new guest to their rooms personally, which I thought was a nice touch. I can't recommend the on site Balinese restaurant - Bayleaf - enough. It was absolutely delicious! Only fault is the Continental breakfast is a bit pricey for what you get ($15). There isn't much selection beyond some bread, dry cereal and some cold cut slices. Definitely expected more for that price. Otherwise, would definitely recommend the hotel for a getaway.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
Stacie
The beds were not very comfortable. There was a lot of noise at 11 pm when a large group finished dining.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2014
"Great service"
We had a 5 night stay and thoroughly enjoyed it. Room was spacious with a balcony. Everything was very clean and tidy. Staff were fabulous. A beautiful Balinese restaurant with great food. All positive, would recommend highly. About a 10 min walk to Lagoon along boardwalk. Free parking.
5 night romance trip Aug 30, 2014
HMAC
"Paper thin walls."
The room we had was next to the laundry room and had paper thin walls. You could everything! The path out our door was stone and each time someone pulled a suitcase or the cleaning staff moved their cleaning cart it was like thunder, seriously so loud. The hotel pool was nice but had only one tiny place to lounge. The hotel was similar to one i have stayed at in bali for 25 dollars a night. Backpacker hotel at best. We left after one night as i couldn't justify staying here for the rate we paid.
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
tiffany
"happy to stay here"
we were exceptionally happy with this resort hotel. The position / location is very easy to find and quite central to everywhere too. The staff are all very pleasant and friendly. We also enjoyed dinner for two nights in a row at the restaurant. WONDERFUL food and well worth the value.
Eva and Dave
"Great place to stay and fabulous food!!"
I enjoyed my stay here, the room was very clean and serviced daily. The food was authentic and delicious Indonesian cuisine. Best satay I have ever tasted!! It was very handy having the guest laundry and they let me borrow a clothes hanger so I could hang my clothes in my room. Cairns city is only a five to ten minute walk away. Overall, I had a very pleasant stay. The only complaint was the noise from the restaurant at night time, but it didn't bother me too much and was only because my room was very close to it. Thank you for a nice, relaxing stay :)
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
Heidi
"Great little hotel out of the way"
Booked this hotel for 6 nights for a low-cost holiday with my girlfriend. It was our first time travelling, but the Bay Village staff were friendly, approachable, and made the experience very enjoyable. The facilities were great, our room was cleaned each day and we experienced no with staff or other guests. The pool in the centre of the hotel was nice and relaxing to sit by in the evening. The attached balinese restaurant was also great, although a bit noisy (we went on saturday night, it would probably be quieter during the week). Definitely recommended if you are staying here.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
Anthony
"Good location Friendly Staff"
Excellent sized unit plenty of space to move about and good quality. Location in walking distance to CBD. Considering across from the Cairns Public hospital a reasonably quiet location. Good value for money
8 night family trip Jul 9, 2014
Viv
"Excellent value for the price"
Overall very pleased with the facility. The restaurant was excellent and very busy. Great service and staff were great. It was a bit out of the cbd with a half hour walk each way; but what the heck, we're on holidays :)
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
inquisitive_guy
"Great location, close to beach, shops, resturants."
we had a great stay, it was peaceful and the pool and barbeque area was great. we were able to walk everywhere. Bed was soooo comfortable! Showers had great pressure and plenty of hot water. staff were very helpful. ta Loved going down to the wharf early morning when it was cool (5mins walk) and watch the sun come up. then head the other side to the beach and do yoga in an organised class each morning at 8am. I would stay here again.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
"Adequate but in need of updating"
We booked a three bedroom apartment for a week for 7 of us (four adults and three kids). The apartment was in a good location and well laid out, it was clean and was kept clean with two services during our stay. But the room we had is in need of some maintenance. The front door lock was tricky - sometimes working and sometimes not. Many of the kitchen cupboards were swollen from water damage and would not close. The clothes dryer did not turn off automatically but just kept running until the door was opened (which meant we had to be there to use it). The second queen bed was actually a double and as hard as a rock (ensemble mattress top on a wooden block base). The stove only has two small elements that did not fit the big pot and the frypan at the same time (limiting what we could cook). The sound proofing was not good either. As soon as people were awake above us we could hear their chairs scrapping on the tiles and hear them walking around their apartment. Also lots of noise came in from the stairwell and from outside with people arriving and leaving early/late. On the plus side the apartment was clean, the furniture mainly good, the layout and size was adequate for our family, the location good (two blocks back from esplanade and only 15 minute walk to main area) and the restaurant has great food. Staff were a mixed bag with one morning a staff member telling us she was too busy to help us book tours but later in the afternoon a different staff member was great.
Other trip Jul 13, 2014
"Best happy hour in cairns"
Lovely stay, everyone was so helpful. The room was a good size with good facilities. The happy hour was a real winner in wonderful surroundings by the pool. A short walk to town but good for a bit of exercise.
4 night family trip May 21, 2014
Al Evans
"Nice hotel close to the esplanade and coast line"
Staff were very friendly and helpful with any information needed about tours to the Islands or the skyrail etc, rooms were clean and spotless.Well done keep it up.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Time for an update"
Staff were delightful and helpful. The hotel is very basic and needs an upgrade. Having flown from WA I was ready for a bath - and there wasn't one!!!! My room looked out over the rubbish and laundry shed AND SHOULD NOT BE USED AS A GUEST ROOM!!!!! Emptying of trash ( mainly bottles) and pick up of laundry does not make for a peaceful sleep!!!!!!!! Sorry I could not be more positive. I know it was reasonably inexpensive but it was not up to standard. Ilene
Other trip Apr 27, 2014