All hotels in Waterford, Ireland

"would not recommend"
inconvenient location...too far out of town...This hotel should be 2 stars instead of 3....wasn't clean...rather smelly, dirty carpet....terrible bed, TV was small and was't working properly...no air-conditioning, room over the bar and live music until midnight! would not recommend!
Romance trip Aug 19, 2012
Robyn
"Not close to sights, but was close enough"
Staff was helpful and friendly. We loved The Holy Cross as a place to eat and they had traditional live music in the evening. It was recommneded by staff.
Family trip Aug 13, 2012

"M"
...
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
"Nice, Nice, Nice."
Couldn't really find any direct fault with this hotel. Staff were very friendly. Area was very quiet. Saturday night was noisy though, sounded like some was having a party in the corridor!
2 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
Geoffrey
"2 singles pushed together"
The stay was spoiled by the fact that the bed was 2 singles pushed together to make a double,leaving a very hard line down the middle. It would have been better left as 2 singles. The restaurant was good and the food was fine. Location a couple of miles out of town was fine.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2014
Aussie traveller
We stayed here for the Sunday night of the bank holiday..The hotel is very good value wise..location is a good bit out if town that would be my one of the down fall with this hotel..rooms are basic but clean(everything you need)..the real down fall we had was our room was at the back of the hotel..all you could see out our window was a kitchen fan on the roof top ...
1 night romance trip Aug 3, 2014
Annemarie
"Excellent venue"
I'd definitely recommend this hotel to families as the staff were courteous and friendly at all times. The weather varied and I found the reception staff very helpful with suggestions for my sons aged 14 and 2. The location suited as it isn't inner city noise but close enough to get to all amenities. 4 stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐
2 night family trip May 31, 2014
Teresa
"close to free way"
Hotel room clean but very old, would not have stayedifnot ot staff being extremely friendly and helpful.
1 night trip Sep 17, 2012
N/A
"very satisfied"
we stayed at the Ramada Viking Hotel in Waterford it was difficult to find at first due to the new bypass but when we did find it ...it was the most pleasent overnight stay.. the hotel was warm and welcomeing .. the staff were fantastic and prompt..the food was outstanding and very reasonable ..so overall i would defenitly go back to stay at the Ramada Viking....
Other trip Oct 1, 2012
"excellent value for money"
We enjoyed our 4 day stay. Very pleased with the staff. They were most helpful. Overall, for us it was most excellent.
Romance trip Aug 27, 2012
"good hotel"
great place to stay, good bar, helpful staff. just a little far from the centre of town.
Other trip Aug 20, 2012
craig
"CONVENIENT AND COMFORTABLE"
STAYED 2 NIGHTS HOTEL CONVENIENT FOR TOWN CENTRE-HAD A CAR-AND TRAMORE.A SOUND MIDDLE RANGE HOTEL WHICH DDID WHAT IT SAID ON THE TIN, BREAKFAST V GOOD AND BAR MEALS OFFERED GOOD CHOICE AND WERE WELL COOKED AND PRESENTED. WOULD STAY AGAIN.
Other trip Aug 14, 2012

"Also a very good hotel to stay on transit"
Friendly contact with the service team, everything okay!
Other trip Aug 6, 2012
19 night business trip Aug 12, 2014
Peter Kirkegaard
DK

TripAdvisor reviews for Viking Hotel Waterford

"College soccer team trip"
07/31/15 KateCMH Sarasota, Florida
We stayed here to play the Wexford Women's soccer team in a friendly international match. I have to say the hotel did not look promising when we pulled up. But we were pleasantly surprised when we got inside. Nice clean place. Irish breakfast was okay in the morning. Not spectacular but it got the job done.
"Somewhat inconvenient"
07/26/15 Mercy U
This hotel was in my pop up for good place to go for a nite away. The ambience of waterford is amazing there is culture and entertainment for the town. We were told the hotel is near the town and you have easy access a walking distance but not at all the town from the hotel would take me a hour and more to get there and in a taxi €15 the distance was the downfall and in the morning because they are right beside all the car dealers their intercom stared at 7am from our room every few minits waking us up and the lights were bright and shining at night time. The room was nice it had alot of space and the bathroom was beautiful the bed can only be described as very warn out cumfy like a bean bag but not firm it just jiggled which is uncomfortable. We did not eat in the hotel at night but we did have a few drinks the bar was not that big but the peace of it was good. Breakfast was nothing special but all in all the hotel was nice i did not like the distance or the earlie morning auto dealers cant say id be rushing back any time soon.
"A real find"
07/21/15 Timbo3765 Pershore, United Kingdom
Stayed here on business with a colleague for the first time. Booked a good rate on line and was very pleased overall with my stay. Friendly staff, spotless rooms, good breakfast and a good sized room. Only possible negative would be the general outlook, sandwiched between two card dealerships. Would still stay here again though !.
"Very helpful!"
07/14/15 Carina S Kiel, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
I was staying with a German group in the Viking hotel. One of my passengers got sick, he needed a dentist. As a tour guide I have to stay with the group, the man would have had to find the way to the dentist on his own (he had very little English). The receptionist was very helpful and as it happened I learned that the facility manager is fluent in German. He took the sick passenger to the dentist and did the translation while I travelled on with the group. So apart from the great rooms and the good food, I have to thank Dermot for his help and support. Beside that I have to thank the manager that he allowed Dermot to leave work and look after my passenger.
07/14/15 MaggieCoTyrone Co Tyrone
Just spent a fantastic weekend in the hotel. Staff welcomed us by name when we arrived, changed our room so we could park our motorcycles just outside the window ( not that they weren't secure but she said they knew how much we treasured our bikes!) and the breakfast was wonderful. We ate in the restaurant on Friday evening. It was really busy with locals which is always a good sign, and after eating we know why -Large portions of very tasty food. Drink prices were ok and we had wifi everywhere free. We had an offer for 2 nights B&B with 1 evening meal but I would be happy to return and pay full price. We have already recommended it to friends! All the staff work hard but smile all the time.
"Great deal online"
07/06/15 Brendan D Tullamore
Got 2 night deal online for €99 and stayed on a weekend,for the price I paid I couldn't have 1 complaint about hotel! Rooms were nice and spacious,bar was good size and staff in reception were more than helpful! Little bit out of the city but we knew that,all in all a good hotel and will definitely stay again when I visit Waterford
"Surprisingly Good"
06/30/15 evie022 Portlaoise, Ireland
I booked this hotel on an offer from Pigsback, it was very reasonable so I assumed it would be very basic but I was was pleasantly surprised. It may not be in a scenic location but the standard is very good, I had dinner that evening which was beautiful as was breakfast the next morning and the staff were very welcoming. I would definitely return and it is very handy for Tramore
"Good base for Waterford trip"
06/28/15 watermanjo Limerick, Ireland
I stayed here last night. We had a b+b deal and used the hotel as a base from tramore and the copper coast. After a day at the beach we fancied a swim. I was aware that this hotel the woodlands hotel had a leisure complex which guests of the viking could use. I called reception and spoke to Anne Marie who organised for us to go to the woodlands saving us having to go back and check in. When we did arrive at the hotel check in was quick. The hotel is located on the outskirts of the city on the Cork Road. Our room was on the third floor. It was a modern basic room, spotlessly clean with a huge bed. We went to the bar and had food and a few drinks. The bar was busy with lots of people eating and had a good atmosphere. We slept well in the comfortable bed. The breakfast in the morning was buffet style.We were seated and given tea and coffee by a lovely girl called Lisa who payed great attention to us and my little niece. There wasnt much food out on offer and spread could have been fresher. We were early for breakfast so perhaps the kitchen was still organising itself. Still we were full leaving the breakfast table and set up for the day. I would have no problem recommending this hotel to anybody visiting waterford. The sleep was good the staff went out of their way to welcome us and the hotel was perfect for our needs
06/28/15 shadara Ardara
Myself. My husband and son spent 2 nights here. It's a lovely hotel , great staff and lovely food .. There is a nice atmosphere in this hotel .. It about a 10 min drive from city centre and is in a industrial area. We found convenient to the Whitfield clinic where my son had an appointment ..
"Nice weekend away"
06/28/15 David C Belfast, United Kingdom
Lovely hotel on outskirts of Waterford, we stayed for 2 nights, room was excellent, bed very comfortable, breakfast was self service either hot/cold and plenty of everything to suit everyone's taste. We had evening meal's in adjoining bar/restaurant which was of a high standard and quite reasonably priced. Would diffidently stay here again without hesitation.