All hotels in Brownwood, Texas, United States of America
You can collect® Rewards nights here
650 Morelock Lane, Brownwood, TX, 76801, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Score breakdown (from 1 review)

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0

"A True Getaway"
I booked this hotel because it was written up about within Travel & Leisure magazine. The BB caters to couples but my sister and I had a great time walking the trails and exploring the property. Definitely recommended if you need a weekend away!
Genuine guest review
2 night trip with friends May 23, 2014

TripAdvisor reviews for Star of Texas Bed & Breakfast

"Star of Texas was a very quiet and restful experience"
09/30/15 scot1ru Baton Rouge,Louisiana
We were traveling from Ruidoso New Mexico to College Station Texas and had decided in our planning to make a much needed stop in Brownwood Texas. We chose Star of Texas based on the reviews we had read plus the room offering that was available! The room was spacious, comfortable, clean and quiet! The breakfast was served to us in our room which added to the privacy and rest that we desired! The food was very good as was were the surroundings! If you are looking for out in the country seclusion in the north Hill Country then Star of Texas is highly recommended! Enjoy!
"Deer and Kitty Cats"
09/10/15 Elizabeth B Stillwater, Oklahoma
We were going to have a regular wedding, but grew tired of dealing with people. So we eloped to the Star of Texas Bed and Breakfast. I had found it online and chose it based on the pictures and reviews. I was not disappointed. The other cottages I had looked at were overly decorated and very tacky in my opinion. Every cottage at this B&B is very tasteful. We stayed in the Oak Cottage and it was perfect. The linens are crisp, it smells amazing, and the bathroom is lovely. As for the elopement, it was exactly what we were looking for. We arrived and spoke with Don and Deb for a moment. We confirmed where we would say the vows(the Moon Gate-rock arch). Don escorted us to our cottage, where we got ready. Then we were escorted to the Moon Gate where Don gave a beautiful ceremony and Deb started taking pictures. We cut our cute little cake and sipped our champagne. Then we continued with pictures. She took whatever pics we wanted and put about 50 on a CD. Then we were left alone to walk the grounds, take a dip in the hot tub or go eat in town. In the morning, Don brought our fantastic gourmet breakfast. We will definitely go again. You couldn't ask for a more secluded, beautiful scene, perfect for a wedding and mini honeymoon. My husband and I were extremely happy with our decision to stay here.
"Best place for peace and serenity"
08/26/15 Linda H Humble, Texas
This was our 5th time and at the end of every trip we start planning the next. We stayed in the Wildrose which is such a beautiful place. The peace and serenity of this location is what keeps us coming back. The breakfasts served are always delicious and we have never been disappointed. If you want a place to completely relax and get away from the city this is definitely the place to be. Deb and Don are the nicest people and their hard work shows in this wonderful bed and breakfast.
"Amazing place"
08/18/15 Laurie O
We stayed in the wildrose, it was heaven. We had a long way to travel 3 1/2 hrs, but it was sooooo worth the drive. The love that Deb and Don put into this place is amazing. Everything was breathtaking. We had the most romantic relaxing getaway of our lives. The breakfasts that Deb prepared were so good and she took the time to make a beautiful presentation. This was truly the best experince of our lives. Thank you Deb and Don for everything, we cant wait to return to your peaceful oasis. Laurie and Gilbert
"Great B&B"
08/13/15 sgillar Baltimore, Maryland
My friend and I stayed in the Tipi and it was a lot of fun. The hosts were really great and provided a good breakfast. I was impressed with their calm and pleasant demeanors and their grounds. I liked the nature path we could walk on and their llama.
"Anniversary Weekend Getaway!!"
07/14/15 GaBrielle M
This was our first time ever staying at a Bed and Breakfast! Everything was done with excellence! We were greeted right when we got there by Don. He showed us around and the site was gorgeous. I also purchased the romance package since it was our anniversary weekend! Everything was exceptional. Deb's food was presented well and tasted fantastic!! We had everything we need and the hospitality was very nice and accommodating. We will use this as our spot from now on.
"Our Wedding Day"
06/30/15 William D Houston, United States
Talk about a special place to get married, in quiet, and all the splendor of the Hill Country! This is the place! Don and Deb have a first class B&B location! We could not have been more thrilled to get married here! The service was impeccable, the scenery is fabulous, the food beyond excellent, and the attention to detail was superb! Whether a Special event such as ours, or a weekend get away, call Don or Deb! We are already planning to go back for a quiet weekend!!
"Want a beautiful, relaxing, peaceful retreat to share some alone time with your partner? Look no further!"
06/30/15 kwtexas Houston, Texas
My husband and I just returned from the Star of Texas, which we visited to renew our wedding vows in celebration of our 30th wedding anniversary. We spent 1 night in the Oak Cottage, which is very private and peaceful (feels like you are by yourselves in a cabin in the woods!) This cabin has a comfy queen size bed, a table for 2 that looks out into the woods, sofa, mini fridge, microwave and gorgeous shower. Don's vow renewal ceremony, held in front of the cross was very meaningful and just perfect for us. A bottle of wine was provided to toast our vow renewal. Deb took photos and provided us with a cd of our pictures for beautiful memories. We were then brought a delicious fruit, meat and cheese tray with a homemade loaf of bread and 4 craft beers by Deb. We did not see or hear from Don or Deb, until the next morning at 9:00 when our fabulous breakfast was delivered. Also during our visit, we walked the nature trail adorned with whimsical art by Don; relaxed in the hot tub for two; and had a romantic fire in our fire pit right in front of our cabin. We left with our love and our spirits renewed! Thank you Deb and Don!!!
"Fantastic Elopement"
06/30/15 Karie N
We came here for our own wedding weekend. It was a lot of fun. Very nice, peaceful and relaxing. A good trip to get away from the everyday craziness of life. We were also married here and it was amazing. The food was fantastic. The wine and cheese tray was huge! Breakfast and dinner were awesome. We never had a chance to get hungry the entire weekend!
"Overall a completely wonderful experience"
06/23/15 Barbara S Spicewood, Texas
The attention to EVERY detail was amazing. I cannot express in words how impressed I was with this Bed and Breakfast. The breakfast was delivered to our room and was absolutely wonderful. I would recommend this facility to anyone!
Reviews and ratings contained within this site are the subjective opinions of customers and suppliers; they do not represent or reflect’s position. Neither nor the parties involved in providing review content shall be held liable for any damages of any sort resulting from use of these reviews