All hotels in Milltown Malbay, Ireland
Spanish Point., Milltown Malbay, Clare, Ireland, ‏‎800-491-6126

Hotel and staff was excellent.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2013
"Lovely Hotel"
Attended a wedding and stayed overnight. Food fabulous, staff friendly, rooms very comfortable.
Other trip May 13, 2013
it was convenient for wedding but would not stay here otherwise, I requested a cot for room it was not provided eventhough I confirmed booking during the week before I went to hotel. The room was near the front of hotel which was very noisy and with a newborn was not convenient also when went to room first it smelled of sewerage. The water pressure is appalling in taps and bathrooms are not presented very well for a 4 star hotel. Would not recommend to stay in this hotel especially with a baby, heavy double doors to go through to lift not helpful with baby
1 night trip May 5, 2013
Great stay we attended a wedding food was lovely and staff were very helpful really enjoyed the stay
1 night trip May 5, 2013
sean l
"the armada miltontown bay etc"
i had a most enjoyable stay at the armada the food there was lovely both bars lovely reception were v friendly and very helpful taxi service from hotel good bar staff very friendly and v efficent thank you for a lovely stay at the armada and we will certainly go back again.
1 night trip Apr 24, 2013
Comfortable, nice breakfast, friendly staff
1 night trip Mar 27, 2013
Beautiful Hotel
1 night trip Mar 22, 2013
Nice hotel, good location, wedding on when we got there so busy but that didn't interfere much with us. Only a minimal amount of noise outside room as party goers made their ways to their rooms. Restaurant food was surprisingly good, decent wine list.
Other trip Feb 26, 2013
Ciaran
In general everything was fine apart from for some strange reason the taps in the ensuite sink stopped working and despite reporting it nothing got done about it! Not easy using the bath taps when trying to care for two small children. Breakfast was I am glad to say enough to make up for the water issue as it was well presented and well organised.
1 night trip Feb 10, 2013
Great
1 night romance trip Oct 28, 2012
"nice people"
the staff were great at reception,bar,restaurant and generally had a feel good factor about the hotel we particularly licked the girl that covered the bar rest. on both evenings we were there as she was so busy but also got everything right when we ordered food (not always the case in other hotels) she also greeted everybody with smile, full marks.
2 night romance trip Oct 10, 2012

"Schöne Lage am Meer"
Gutes Hotel, leider Nebel und Regen. Waren leider nur eine Nacht dort.
1 night romance trip Apr 1, 2015
Rolf
CH
"Super séjour, vue sur mer"
Superbe hôtel, personnel accueillant, la chambre était grande et parfaitement propre. L'hôtel dispose d'un restaurant (assez cher), d'un Pub (très sympa) et d'un bar (pas testé). Parfait pour passez un Week end en couple avec à faire pas loin (à 40min en voiture) Cliffs of Moher. Très bonne expérience !
Baptiste
FR
"Toller Merblick"
Alles bestens bis auf daß es kein Wifi im Zimmer gibt und daß die Dusche nur wie ein Rinnsal tröpfelte aber drüber kann man bei dem schönen Zimmer und Meerblick hinweg sehen.
2 night romance trip Oct 1, 2014
2 night family trip Sep 11, 2013
Schmid
CH
"Fint läge"
Ett bra hotell men lite snålt tilltagen frukost. Lite halvslarvigt städat rum med t ex ett halvätet äpple i ett hörn fullt synligt.
1 night trip with friends Sep 10, 2012
AR

TripAdvisor reviews for Armada Hotel

"Wedding"
08/29/15 Dave D Ennis, Ireland
Had our wedding here. Brilliant couple of days. Marita and all the staff were excellent. Food was top quality and the bar Johnny Burkes was a great spot for a few pints after the reception. Couldn't fault the hotel for a thing, had an unreal time there.
"Fabulous Hotel"
08/27/15 Bridget L
Stayed here for 3 nights and have to say it was absolutely fantastic....Our room was looking out on the beach....Staff are very friendly and so helpful...and the food...well what can I say it is just fantastic everything we tried was beautiful from breakfast to dinner and the bar food...Their brown bread is to die for would love the recipe...well done Armada will definitely be returning...
"We're getting married here....someday!!!"
08/26/15 Limericklad1
I visited The Armada last weekend with my girlfriend and we both agreed that this hotel is definitely an option when we are getting wed.....I've to ask her first!!! The setting is out of this world, looking out onto the beautiful Spanish Point beach. Our room was perfect, good size and spotlessly clean, just what you'd expect from a 4 star hotel. We ate in the bar and it was lovely, we both enjoyed it, followed by a few drinks and a chat with the barman. We'll be back again for sure and maybe even get married there!😉
"Staff"
08/23/15 barbarawG8639CT County Galway, Ireland
We spend a fabulous two nights here in august the staff were fantastic requested a specific room and they didn't disappoint friendly helpful and very pleasant room comfortable the cliffs of moher is down the road Miltown malbay is a short walk away the hotel is right beside the famous Spanish point beach
"Not bad but.."
08/22/15 Fred22222 Lincoln, United Kingdom
Arrived 16.10 to be told that the room wasn't ready. Would take 20 minutes. half an hour later it was. Got into the room & my wife pulled back the bedsheets to find that the bed bottom sheet was actually a duvet cover. The pillow sheets were inside out & after my wife had turned them properly she found that the pillow cases were dirty & very creased just like they had been used and then turned inside out. We rang reception & they came up and we explained the problem and they admitted they had a problem with linen and had run out. At least they were honest. They disappeared and magically found sheets and pillowcases. The food could not be faulted, breakfast has a large and varied self selection and dinner is served with ample proportions. The attached pub is good with a typical Irish atmosphere. They have entertainment on some nights and it is good. Sometimes they move the entertainment into the "Ocean Room". I personally found it sanitized the act as the ambiance of the pub was lacking. There was an incident of youths shouting/screaming in the area outside the Ocean bar till the small hours which disturbed all the rooms surrounding it. The management obviously doesn't monitor things to greatly. This time of year it appears to attract a large amount of families with children so be prepared for them running all over the place. Our last morning/breakfast we came down to the dining room to find not one table (and there must be around 50) fit for purpose. Everyone was either in use or large numbers filled with dirty crockery/ food. Had to remove the dirty crockery from a table that we wanted and scavenge around for unused cutlery & napkins. Not very professional.
"Very Overrated & Not 4*"
08/21/15 passagestpriest Cork, Ireland
We arrived at this hotel thinking we were going to be spoilt with it being listed as 4* and all seemed good as we were met by the very chatty and bubbly receptionist offering us lemonade and fresh brownies !! This was definitely the start of great things I thought to myself well that's where it ended. Now before I go any further I will say the "downstairs" part of the hotel is lovely and a lot of thought put into the design of it, also breakfast was 4* tasty and good fresh produce. But and this is the massive disgust I had, the room we had was definitely NOT up to the standards of what I perceive to be their definition of 4*. It was dark and gloomy.The carpet was really dirty and as I found out with my baby crawling around on it, it had a lot of hairs in it. Obviously they don't know how to use a Hoover. Dirty windows covered in bird poo. They must not know how to clean glass windows either! A Stained cot offered to us ( luckily we had our own). The minute we walked into the bathroom the light fitting fell off and narrowly missed my partners head. Now what really really bugged me was the incredible heat. It was not cold outside but they must have yanked the thermostat up full for some unknown reason and whatever bright spark designed the room decided against air conditioning. So between the dark dirty room and unbearable heat especially with a 1 year old I would NOT recommend this hotel for anyone with kids or anyone with a brain thinking this is a 4*. At best it's a 3* and at that I'm being kind.
"Quality of food"
08/21/15 Mary D
Absolutely excellant Party of 13 from age 3-85 yrs stayed in local house but ate here 3 times Carvery on Sunday formal meal in restaurant and bar food all absolutely gorgeous food and service Can't wait to come back but we are going to try and stay in hotel. Thank you
"Best evening in Pearl Restaurant"
08/20/15 John F Birmingham, United Kingdom
My wife and me visited armada hotel last weekend as we were passing by the spanish point beach. we thought of stopping by the lovely armada hotel for dinner. we went to the restaurant it was busy but we were warmly greeted by nice guy named PJ. we were shown our table and menu was explained. food was excellent and came out as explained. all the staff are very friendly and PJ is the prime asset to such a lovely organisation. we will be visiting again .
"Food could be better"
08/20/15 RovingRaphoeMan Dublin, Ireland
Stayed here for a 2 night break in July with wife and kids (6 &5). We arrived tired after the drive up from Cork and were looking forward to getting a nice meal at the hotel. After checking into our good sized family room we headed down to the Ocean front bar & restaurant for a meal. Although it was quiet at the time of day (approx. 3pm) the service was slow. I ordered the Ribs for myself and they arrived and initially looked tasty but I discovered that under the BBQ sauce and top layer of meat the ribs were burnt to a crisp and about 50% inedible. I asked my server to tell the chef but heard nothing else and did not have time to wait for a response as we wanted to get out and explore. Other than that experience our stay was pleasant enough although the hotel lacks atmosphere and could do more with the green areas to the back and side I would suggest. Not sure if I would stay there again or try alternatives if back in the area again. Good bar with nice pints and an excellent whiskey selection.
"One night stay"
08/16/15 Catherine935 Wicklow, Ireland
Spent one night in this hotel ,location is great and view from dining room is spectacular ,friendly staff unfortunately a wedding was on so we got no sleep .room was basic enough and smelled a bit musty,but I'm sure there are better rooms in hotel ,I'd check before booking if wedding in hotel .