All hotels in Hollywood, California, United States of America

2.8
    2.6
    2.1
"Worst hotel ever!!!"
The place is in shambles! The room was filthy! Had no tv, no hot water, no toilet paper, dirty towels, dirty tub, metal rods sticking out from under the bed, trash in the cupboard. Was given a half used roll of toilet paper when I asked for some. Went to complain and cancel the rest of my reservation, then was accused of stealing the tv. Refused to refund me my money for the night stayed even though they had false advertising calming free HBO and pictures of fake rooms
Other trip Feb 15, 2015
liz
"Great room"
We got to stay in the new remodeled room with a king size bed and loved it
1 night romance trip Feb 2, 2015
Janice
"Easily overlooked The Liberty Hotel in Hollywood"
Well since the Liberty hotel is still in the process of renovation but remains open, do not let the construction site deter you from your room. The room was spacious, clean and had an appealing 'Art Deco' style (love the pink neon light running along the ceiling). Bathroom shower was also spacious for a standing shower (love the glass door over a shower curtain). The room had a big TV, microwave, mini fridge and iron which is nice, but no phone or view. There also was plenty of counter space as well as extra shelves. Also, the free wifi actually worked and was simple to setup. The Liberty Hotel is located @ the center of Hollywood behind the Loews hotel but unlike the Loews or other hotels (Motel 6 included) in Hollywood Liberty Hotel is fairly reasonable & affordable. Definitely a spot to keep in mind in the future...
1 night trip Jan 30, 2015
Benjamin
"Construction Does Not Explain All The Problems"
Had I known this was going to be in the middle of renovating I would never had made the reservation. But had no choice. It was filthy in the room. I was uncertain the sheets were clean. It was noisy in the hall. But it was very close to the Loew's and that was where the meetings were (but sold out.) Beware. It honestly felt like they stopped caring during the construction....
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
"Terrible hotel at the time I came in"
When I came here, hotel's under construction. It looked very dirty with a lot of noise. I can not stay here and quit immediately. Expedia should cross check with the status of hotel whenever they confirm booking. Really unhappy with this hotel.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
"Nightmare"
This place looked like it was hit with a bomb. Should have been closed while under construction. Even found a huge roach. Remodel was nice but not ready to be rented out.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
vee and mona
"Disgusted with the place and service"
Scaffolding blocked the front entrance, furniture piled at the back alley "entrance", makeshift "front desk" in the middle of the hallway, and everything caked in dust. We found our room had recently been used: wet towels and trash on the floor next to the shower and the sink. The clerk hastily scooped up most of it, leaving us a needle cap souvenier, not bothering to offer us a different/clean room. The only reason we remained was because it was nearly 1am when we arrived in LA and had nowhere else to go at that hour. Flimsy door allowed construction noise and passing guests to wake us before 8am- they were very vocal about their displeasure with this place as well. Checking out, we passed the table in the hallway with the free "breakfast": bread, mini muffins, coffee, pitcher of oj, and half-gallon of milk sitting at room temp. All of this out in the open, unsanitarily exposed to the construction dust. And still when we informed the clerk and a woman (who had asked to make sure we'd been charged the $10/day for parking so we assume was the owner/manager) that we were checking out rather than staying the 3 nights we'd reserved, they argued that our displeasure was unfounded and charged us a cancelation fee. This place should not have been allowed to stay open during construction. Customer service was terrible- wouldn't return even if no construction were going on.
3 night trip with friends Jan 12, 2015
Lourdes
"Under massive construction"
The hotel is extremly close to the walk of fame and has a very good location. But it is under massive construction which will end in 3-4 months. Everything was ripped apart, it was dirty and very loud. Once the hotel will be finished I'm sure it will be really really nice but definitely not in the moment.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
katee
"Shouldn't be open to public"
Room smelled like urine. No hot water. Bathroom had hair left from previous visitor.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
"Scariest, nastiest, Motel I've ever seen!"
The place was a wreck! The front of the place is all boarded up like it's abandoned. You have to enter through the back in the alley. We had to make our way around a bunch plywood, garbage and who knows what all, just to get up the stairs. We got to the person who was to check us in, it wasn't even a front desk, she was just sitting on a chair at the end of the hallway with a table in front of her. It was so creepy in there. It looked run down to the max and scary overall. It was so creepy that it was right up there with the Bates Motel! We ended up not staying there and went elsewhere. You couldn't pay me to stay there, I'd be too freaked out to sleep!
1 night family trip Jan 13, 2015
"Absolute Nightmare..."
I'll start off by saying that when my friends and I arrived after booking the hotel for a night, the entire lobby and front door was boarded up with no lights on. I had to ask the hotel across the street if they were still open, to which he told me they were but I had to go down some alley way in the back to get in. After doing this, just walking into the hotel already left me thinking "What have I done..." They were renovating the place and failed to mention this on expedia (or their website for that matter). After checking in, we left for the night to go to Dave & Busters. We came back around 3 and went to bed. This is when the 'Nightmare' really begins... we awoke to loud banging, stomping, drilling, etc...at 7am on Saturday morning!! They had started construction on the lobby which was the wall right behind our heads while sleeping. They did not say anything about working in the morning to us at check in AND they put us in a room where they knew construction was going to be done in the morning. I asked the manager for a full refund or at least half my money back. She was completely unsympathetic, saying the website says they are doing construction (it doesn't) and that they are allowed to start at 7:30 legally (they're not). She would not accept that they messed up and only cared about keeping my money. This woman was not even listening to what I was saying and kept repeating herself. I am not a naturally angry person but this infuriated me. Please DO NOT STAY HERE!
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Tyler
"diamond in the rough."
This hotel was under construction when we were there so furnitures all over, constrution noise, the room we got was nice however shower had no hot water that time. But I bit after the renovation is done, its going to be a nice hotel.
1 night romance trip Jan 11, 2015
"Bad expirience"
when i arrive the hotel are bilding, the bedroon are very dirty.Bad
1 night trip with friends Jan 10, 2015
Felipe
Not worth the money
1 night trip Jan 14, 2015
"Great service"
Although the hotel is under construction and being remodeled, the staff and management went above and beyond to assure my comfort. Highly recommend
1 night trip Jan 11, 2015
Omar
"Don't go"
Don't go to this hotel bz it's in construction without any notice on hotels.com when I arrived it's hard to park and I was charged $10 to park at their parking lot which is not comfortable for me. The hotel is messy. U can hardly tell its a hotel
1 night trip with friends Jan 7, 2015
jianmin
"Well located - that's all"
The hotel is well located - near the heart of Hollywood and the price is fair, however we booked a room with two beds and before we arrived I got a call and they said there was no two-beds rooms available anymore, we have some problems with the heater too (but they provided an extra one). The breakfast was OK but it could be better. The staff was nice.
2 night trip with friends Jan 2, 2015
"under remolding"
The hotel is doing reconstruction so there is debris everywhere with drilling and hammering starting at 7 am. Hot water did not work in our room so they made us use another room to shower which wad also broken so we had to go to a 3rd room to shower. No ice machine and the power went out so they had to flip the circuit breaker. Not good.
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
"DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!"
DO NOT STAY HERE!!! Pay $20 extra bucks and stay anywhere else. This hotel was in the middle of renovation, mattresses everywhere, dust, as well as the main lobby filled of what appeared to be someone's personal belongings. The staff was friendly and polite and attempted to be helpful, however nothing in this world could make up for how awful the room was. The sheets were stained, the bathroom had mold, the shower took about 10 minutes to fidget until you obtained the right temperature. I've never written a review, but I had to warn others of how bad the condition of this hotel was.
1 night trip with friends Jan 2, 2015
"Hotel did not get my reservation"
After 7 h of driving with an infant and booking a room 3 months in advance and getting 3 confirmation emails, the hotel had no knowledge of my reservation when I got there and I had no room and no place to go with a 8 month old outside on the cold and dark as all other hotels in the area were sold out because it was between Christmas and New Years. Also the hotel is under construction. So old furniture and lots of dirt EVERYWHERE. I did not get to see the rooms. The only good thing about this hotel is the location. Parking cost $10 a day extra. Plus if you want to check in before 3 pm it's $10 per hour. Hotel not worth the high price!!!!
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
anita
"Great place!!"
What a great place. All the staffs are and always there to help you out. The locations is perfect. Walking distance to the famous Hollywood of fame. I would definitely recommend this place. See you soon!!
1 night trip Dec 23, 2014
"Uncaring staff"
Complete disregard for my son who had just been injured being hit by a vehicle in his bicycle.
1 night family trip Dec 16, 2014
"Horrible, never stay there."
It was a horrible experience, from the hair on the bathroom door, to the very unfriendly staff. The hotel was a shambles, with a lot of clutter in the lobby and a sign reading, "everything for sale in lobby".
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
"Under Construction and Lots of Problems"
I booked this hotel because the price/location appeared to be great. It's the old adage - must be too good to be true! Either Expedia or the hotel forgot to mention that the hotel is under construction. And not just a little...A lot! The hallways had wood and stud framing visible; there was a framed in toilet next to our room; the lobby was filled with old hotel room accessories piled up and for sale...as did the back entrance where you park; Drywall was everywhere; The front entrance ground was completely torn up so that you had to cross a wooden plank to enter; but here's where it good weird.... The room looked...nice! Just like the pic. Until you looked closely. There was construction dust everywhere around the kitchen/bathroom area. You could tell someone cleaned some of the room but not ALL. Then the TV and electronics didn't work. The clerk tried to help but then told us he was not a TV repair man. He told us he'd look for another renovated room. He returned 51 min later. As we entered the new room the curtains were hanging, the beds did not have bedspreads, there was a very visible and fresh wet stain on one of the beds, and last but not least we opened the small fridge to find Chinese food that was so old, brown, rotten, that it smelled up the room immediately. Long story short, we tried one more room that was just as bad before we finally gave up and went back to the first room, went to sleep, and left early the next morning.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
Michele
"all bad"
it was under construction real dirty no cable or telephone
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
edgar
"Close without the feeling like it"
Super close to everything without feeling like your right on the main strip of Hollywood. Small classic feel with great staff. New updates to the place were nice.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
Eli
"Trashy Place that charges for night you didnt stay"
I reserved a night (Nov 24th, 2014) at Hollywood Liberty Hotel through Expedia. I just wanted a safe clean but cheap place at a walking distance from Hollywood Blvd. I did not go for an apartment in the same price range because there was a review on it saying dangerous people hang around it. We drew there from Las Vegas and reached around 4 p.m. When I entered the 'lobby' all i could see was a junk yard. I went out to reconfirm the name matches to where I go. The person at the lobby was very understanding, even before I say anything he said the hotel was being renovated. I was given the option of visiting the room and decide if I wanted to stay. I agreed and went through narrow run down corridors to get to a second floor room. It was spacious but dirty and falling apart - not suitable for our i year infant even to visit. I declined to stay and he said we were fine as I had chosen to make the payment in person - had not made the payment through Expedia. Expedia advertisement on the property had no mention about the renovation or any such thing. You would only be surprised. We were left with finding a room for the night right there after a 4-hour drive with an infant. But I was at least happy the hotel person acted reasonably. However, the biggest surprise was when I checked my creditcard statement on Dec 12th, Liberty hotel had posted charge for a full night stay on 5th Dec!!! The transaction description said that I made the payment in person!
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
Ranil
"Cockroaches"
The place was gross. There were candy wrappers and bottle caps on the floor of the room we were given. This might explain why there were cockroaches in the room. There was literally a cockroach chasing my girlfriend around the room. We were only in the room a few seconds before leaving. We cancelled the reservation and asked for a full refund which was given. I've stayed in cleaner hotel rooms in third world countries.
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
Norman
"loved it"
it was the best hotel room i been in a while n i use alot of hotels rooms with my partner we truly loved the remodeling it was amazing
1 night romance trip Nov 30, 2014
josue
"Close to star path. however parking is horrible."
I got ticket because of I parked in the front the hotel, the hotel stuff is OK, I paid parking fee $10, however they didn't not tell me I need to park the car at the back of the hotel.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
"Gross hotel."
Dirt, trash, stained sheets, smelly room, broken tvs, stands in back of parking lot. Horrible customer service. Kathy the manager is very rude along with her employees.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Construction Work"
Construction work is going on in hotel
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
Nitin
"Horrible Hotel"
It is very gross! Kitchen sink, tiles and bathroom grouts have molds also the shower curtain. The carpet is very dirty. The wall has a big crack by the entry door. Wall papers are falling out. There's a pile of old/dirty mattresses outside next to our door entrance. The kitchen faucet is not working and the refrigerator won't even close cause the freezer is so fat with ice. There's only 2 towels for 5 of us so i have to ask for more. I was told that there are no available towels bec the laundry staff did not wash the towels. I was only given 2 additional hand towels. No cups either in the bathroom. The worst hotel I've ever been! They even put a hold of $100 deposit on my credit card in case of damage! It is a rundown hotel! They're doing some renovation right now so they shd not be in business!
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Beth
"The worst experience ever"
The hotel was under construction, terrible service, they started the construction at 6:00 am, couldnt sleep Rude reseptionist
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Mona
Didn't have any warm/hot water. Carpets were dirty. Door had to be slammed shut so it would close fully. Two nice thing was its location to clubs and very large room
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
"Horrible!"
Stay away from this hotel! It's in some kind of renovating process and it's messy, dirty and there are cockroaches crawling around in the rooms. Fortunately I was able to cancel my stay before I even checked in. One would think such a place would be cheap but we were able to check in to a much better hotel not far away with lower prices and free parking.
4 night trip with friends Nov 19, 2014
"Worst hotel"
This was the worst hotel to stay at, the pictures on Expedia were not even of the hotel. The place was a total dump, no coffee maker no towels, nasty bathroom and kitchen and totally rude front desk operator (/owner?? He acted like he owned it at least) horrible hotel spend the extra $10 and stay at Holiday Inn
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
Sean
This place was just scummy. It was also under construction.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
"A Haunted Hotel"
Scary! If you've been into the twilight zone Hollywood Hotel ride in Disney that's how you'll feel
1 night trip with friends Nov 15, 2014
"Great Location, Good Room and Internet"
I walked in and was concerned due to the horrible cluttered reception area. When I walked in my room the first lights I turned on were flashing coloured lights, once I realised there were other lighting options I noticed my room was decent, comfortable beds, comfortable desk chair, big TV, nice bathroom area and I was very happy it with the good internet. The location was excellent so overall I was happy for the price I paid.
Deb
"Great!"
Reserved the room on our way to Hollywood from Northern California once we arrived the room was ready. Front desk was very nice. Had a peaceful sleep!
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
"Fair price for being in the heart of Hollywood."
I stayed two nights and sort of came upon this lovely little hotel in the heart of Hollywood. The hotel is fair for the price and you can't beat the location if you wish to spend most of your time and be within walking distance in the heart of Hollywood.The service was friendly and the beds were comfortable- these are most important factors for me (aside from location) besides the expectation of a clean room. I would recommend this hotel if a visitor wanted to check out Hollywood for a fair price and very clean room.
1 night trip Nov 10, 2014
Zackary
"BAd"
Horrible. They couldn't connect the cable service. and then I get told that the room was at a discount so theres nothing they can do about it. Horrible service and very unkept, don't stay here!
1 night trip Nov 10, 2014
sky
"much better places to stay for much less!!!!"
The only good things about this place are the location and miles!!!! Stayed on Halloween so knew it would be loud but jeees..... Got stuck in a room in lobby... Single glazed windows which were bolted open and had an air-conditioning unit wedged on the window sill.... The only thing in between us and the street was a chicken wire mesh square cut out around the air-conditioning unit.... Room was old.... Bed was comfy but stained.... Whole place old and dated... Not what I'd expect for Hollywood or 180bucks!!! Miles was awesome and helped us left right and centre.... Other staff member pretty miserable and average..... Talk of cockroaches by other guests and also keys being given out to other people so random people walking in when girls getting dressed..... Last night with my partner before heading in separate directions for 4 months.... Worse possible way we could have spent it.... Owners need to update everything and take some pride in the fact it could be a pretty awesome pad..... Gutted I spent so much esp given we were in the lobby and had no sleep whatsoever!!!!! Refund would have been great..... But I didn't want to take it out on miles as he was genuinely awesome from start until he knocked off.... Really stink experience :(
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
Abbey
"Disgusting hole in the wall"
This hotel has not been cleaned in 10 years. Largely outdated w paint and drywall cracking/ peeling and falling off the wall. Carpet hasn't been vacuumed since the Cretaceous period. Room smelled of overpowering mildew and wet ceiling stained yellow from continuous water leak. We were inside the hotel for less than 4 minutes and decided we were not staying here. They did immediately refund my card and we walked next door and paid $350 for Loews hotel which did not disappoint. Literally felt like going from a 3rd world country (liberty) to a 5 star resort fit for a king (Loews).
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
billy
"Close to Hollywood Bowl"
I would recommend this hotel just because of it's easy walking distance to Hollywood Blvd. and the Hollywood Bowl along with the competitively low room rates. However, their non-renovated rooms (which seems like the majority as of 10/27/14) are really outdated. Wallpaper was falling off the walls in our room, the TV was working but semi-broken, the tub was pretty dirty looking and it just didn't give you the clean feeling a hotel room should. The beds were surprisingly comfortable but we were definitely worried about cleanliness and checked for bed bugs(didn't see any). I would say if you're looking for a low room rate and just need a place to crash after a concert this is the one for you! But if you're wanting a nice hotel to impress don't go. It took us 10 minutes to walk from the hotel to the concert venue. We got the deluxe suite and it was roomy with a microwave and fridge- really the only nice feature about the place! P.S. Walked by a renovated room and they did look INCREDIBLE! The new ones also had some weird LCD flashing lights above the new beds though.. don't know what that was about.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"The Homeless might appreciate this place?"
Gross, they don't know what a vacuum is. I entertained sleeping in my car out of concern of creatures in the bed. Wore socks when showering out of fear of foot fungus potential.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
I'd rather camp
"hotel is under much needed renovation"
this was a last minute business trip and I didn't want to spend a lot of money for $59 midweek in the heart of Hollywood it was a steal as long as you don't mind the rough room conditions
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
"Stay Away......."
At a glance on line, this place looks like a great deal because it's substantially less than others. However, it was a big mistake and would have gladly paid the higher rate of the other hotels. The vicinity is great but the location and is kinda scary for a family. Rooms were not really clean and building exterior and common areas look horrible and disgusting, almost appears abandoned. The staff was ok. I asked for extra towels and not until the 5th time did they bring them over. The roll away bed is a piece of junk and they charge you $10 for just a spring matress, no cushion. I think your better off sleeping on the floor. I would never come back and would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. Don't be like me and dismiss all the bad reviews. Just stay away. Not worth a Dime.
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2014
J
"I could cry..."
We find our location. On the website it said to check in at 3. We go in and she says come back at 330. Luckily the hotel was within walking distance to Hollywood Blvd so we find something to eat then come back. I'm signing the service agreement and it says check in at 3. I was already upset. The lady at the desk tells us that parking is an additional 10 bucks and I'm okay with that. She also asks if we would like to upgrade for another 10 bucks. I'm okay with that too. We park in our designated parking location and come in through the back. The smell of the carpet is still in my nose 3 days later. It just smells like dirty carpet. My boyfriend and I go upstairs to our room and the stairs are covered in dirt. I'm just thinking, "I hope our room is better." We open our door and there are 2 beds. I specifically wanted a king. I'm already tired and frustrated at this point that I just settle for the 2 beds. The overall cleanliness of the room is a 2 out of 5. Parts of the room was unfinished and what really grossed me out was my boyfriends sock had blonde hair on it from walking around... we both have dark black hair. After seeing how they pride their cleanliness I opted out for breakfast. Check out was at 12 we left at 10. Would I stay here again? Not if you paid me.
1 night romance trip Oct 19, 2014