All hotels in Porters Lake, Nova Scotia, Canada
370 West Porters Lake Road, Porters Lake, NS, B3E 1M2, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.9
    4.9
Wonderful breakfasts! We appreciated the sightseeing suggestions by Kim!
2 night trip Aug 14, 2013
"Bed and breakfast"
Excellant accommodations! Lovely setting on a lake with adequate choices for lunch or dinner. Most times skipped lunch as the breakfasts were abundant . Always fresh fruit and full breakfast with a smile! The owner was very helpful with locate directions and suggestions to take in the regions attractions. I feel quite comfortable in recommending this B&B to my friends.
3 night family trip Oct 9, 2012
"Excellent stay!"
My sister and I were pleasantly surprised. The B&B was beautiful, picturesque and really clean. It was like staying in a family's home. Kim, the owner is a fabulous cook and prepared the breakfasts to order. She was very helpful with trip suggestions. More important, it was the perfect location and the perfect B&B. We couldn't have asked for more.
2 night family trip Aug 22, 2012

"The best place you will stay in Nova Scotia"
Words cannot express our amazement with the awesome stay. It made our stay to Nova Scotia the best overall and would return there again. Kim is a superb hostess and certainly goes the extra mile and you can see she enjoys what she does, which is so awesome for travellers. Her home is spectacular, spacious and extremely clean. I felt like I was at a resort spa and our room was right off the lake. It is also a very quite area, which made it like a retreat from the busyness. Porters Lake has a lot of good restaurants and shops, so it is very close to both Halifax and Dartmouth and makes for the best location overall... This place is most affordable and be sure to leave a great tip for Kim as she certainly deserves it....God bless...
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
Lydia
"Nice place on the lake."
This B&B is in a really beautiful home. Upkeep is immaculate. Food was great too.
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
Exhausted
While the breakfast was delicious, the atmosphere felt more like staying in someone's guest bedroom.
1 night trip Sep 2, 2012
4 night trip Sep 16, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for A-1 Lakeview Bed & Breakfast

"The BEST of the BEST!!!!!!"
09/20/13 Sandytraveller2013 Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States
Kim is such a wonderful hostess with personality, compassion & character!! My husband became ill with a heart issue while in Nova Scotia. Kim made an appointment for us with her own physician. Her concern was personal & sincere! We couldn't have asked for a more wonderful person to help meet our needs during this time!! God truly lead us to this particular B&B!! The suite was wonderful, the food of gourmet quality & the lake view so special! Thank you Kim!!!!!!
"A lovely find"
09/14/09 mummymazza Luton, Beds
Kim was a lovely hostess and couldn’t have been more accommodating if she tried. The room was really lovely and breakfast was absolutely delicious. Thank you Trip Advisor and most of all thank you Kim.
"Idyllic lakeside B&B"
06/26/08 FloJoCornwall Cornwall
This was a perfect end to a frustrating day. The owner (Kim) was most welcoming and the position on the lake is idyllic. Beautiful views from the room's balcony. Good breakfast too.
"Fabulous B&B"
05/16/06 Brontetraveler Oakville, Ontario
The previous review has it exactly right this is a lovely B&B. My extended family filled Kim's B&B but we were not on vacation. A death in the family ment that my parents, an Aunt, a cousin and myself occupied all four rooms. When I was informed that the death was likely I called Kim. She was super. She agreed to keep us in mind for the next two weeks and inform me of any bookings that came in for that time. Thankfully this was not quite her busy time. Everything worked out and we were there for two nights, although I would have happily stayed longer. Her kindness extended to cutting out the obit. from the local paper for us, (something we would not have seen otherwise) and being very patient and understanding with my older relatives. She also took pictures of us which she promptly posted to us by e-mail. The executive suite is as described in the previous post. As it was on the ground floor it was perfect for the family member who would have had difficulty with stairs. The honeymoon suite was occupied by my Aunt and she was thrilled. It is one large room with bed and two sitting areas. It opens onto a balcony overlooking the lake. My Aunt noted that she could hear the loons at night. It also had an amazing bathroom, and large satelite TV. My room was also upstairs and while smaller than the other two, was well thought out. It had an ensuite washroom with a shower and satelite TV. I did not see the other room, which I believe Kim discribed as her overflow room. The downstairs has a lovely living room, which opens to a balcony. There was also a spacious kitchen with Tea and Coffee making facilities. Kim balances well the need to be there for you and giving you privacy when you wish it. We were always able to contact her if needed. If you wish to stay in the area, and this is a beautiful part of the world, Kim's B&B is a great place to call home.
"Fantastic B&B on Lovely Lake"
09/11/05 tripledip Houston, Texas
We had a wonderful 4 night stay at the A-1 Lakeview Bed & Breakfast. It is located about 15 minutes from Halifax on serene Porter's Lake, in a quiet rural setting. We booked the Executive Suite, which had a separate living room, private porch overlooking the lake, and spacious bedroom and bath. The bed was to die for; I have never had a better mattress in any hotel or B&B. The suite had front and rear windows to take advantage of the cool lake breezes, a fridge, robes, a nice work desk, and bedside touch lamps. They provide cushions for lounge chairs lakeside and on your private balcony, and plenty of thick towels. Visitors pretty much have the run of the main floor, which includes high windows facing the lake, and a comfortable lounge area with a large TV screen. Our host was Kim, a beautiful young lady with boundless energy who treats everyone like family. We became instant friends. She also cooks like a dream. We feasted on Eggs Benedict, ham and egg filled crepes, waffles with fresh blueberries, you name it. The servings would have been generous for lumberjacks, and the fruit was always ripe and sweet. Kim keeps the place immaculately clean, and dispenses ready advice regarding things to do and places to eat, even supplying brochures and maps. I cannot say enough great things about the A-I Lakeview. Do not pass up the opportunity to stay in this beautiful resort. It will make your vacation.