All hotels in Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Uncomfortable
  • Wellness
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
    Bad breakfast
Would have preferred higher floor, as requested.
4 night romance trip Aug 21, 2014
Slightly off the beaten path from Central but a good neighborhood and good service. Good value for the money.
1 night trip Jul 16, 2014
"Great location, modern hotel, awesome staff"
The staff definitely makes this place that much better - they are very helpful and patient in helping to book things and make reservations in a city that might not be as English friendly as you think. The location is awesome, 5 mins to the metro in SoHo and walking distance to LKF and Central. Room sizes differ but staff tries to accomodate your requests if you make them.
Other trip Apr 11, 2014
Ian
"Small yet Chic!!"
The hotel stuff is amazingly helpful. The room was small but very nicely decorated. The location is quite nice. It can be a bit hard to find initially. Mr hey spray a beautiful fragrance in the lobby that reminds me of Aria at Las Vegas!!
Other trip Dec 8, 2013
Syed
"Nice hotel in perfect location to see Hong Kong"
This hotel offers value and great location for the money. It is located in SoHo but is close to the central ferry piers that shuttle you to Macau, Kowloon, and the out lying islands around Hong Kong. It is also close to the central terminus for buses that can take you to Stanley and other parts of Hong Kong Island. The rooms are very small but for travelers who are there to enjoy the sights this is probably not important. This hotel is in Soho and is close to LKF where you can throw a rock and hit a bar or nightclub, which comes in handy for explorers that are thirsty at the end of the day. Lastly, the staff is very friendly and helpful to the guests!
Other trip Nov 26, 2013
Luis
"unique place"
Great staff, great location, tiny rooms which is fairly standard in Hong Kong but these are really tiny. I had two different short stays in two different rooms on different floors and both of them either the hallway or the room had a distinct musty smell. I can manage that but if you have a problem with mold, that's almost certainly what it is and they need to do something to solve it. Otherwise the place is a unique concept fitting to the area of Hong Kong it is in and the staff is great.
1 night trip Nov 13, 2013
intransit
"nice location and concept"
As is the case with most reasonably priced hotels in Hong Kong, the room was very small. Otherwise the concept was interesting and the location was really nice if you are interested in food and drink. The main nightclub district of Hong Kong(at least for expats) is very close. The only problem I had was that there was a musty smell from the bathroom which is basically a part of the room as it is so small. They need to wash the bathrooms with bleach or something. It should be possible to solve that in an otherwise so nice concept hotel.
1 night trip Nov 6, 2013
Hotel was very convenient to shopping, restaurants and subway stations. Our stay was very comfortable at this hotel. I would stay here again on my next visit.
Other trip Oct 25, 2013
stephanie
"Could be better"
The location of the hotel was convenient but the hotel itself needs improvement.
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
"Good lower budget boutique hotel"
I stay at this hotel a lot, renovations now complete and it's a solid 3.5-4 star boutique hotel with great staff, good location and easy to get to.
Other trip Oct 12, 2013
"Comfortable, clean and convenient"
The hotel is well maintained, wih efficiently arranged rooms, and an excellent location. I was greeted curbside and quickly checked in. The room was small and the view unremarkable, but it was cozy and clean with comfy beds. The location is fantastic - easy MTR access and walkable to fun sections of HK. Hollywood Road is a favorite of mine because it's relatively quiet and lined with good and interesting restaurants and antique shops.
2 night trip Sep 28, 2013
Cory
"Great location. nice hotel but room are tight"
first 2 rooms they showed me were bad and i ended with a room that is really tight. tv is not even in front of the bed.
2 night trip Sep 1, 2013
AL
"Reasonably priced hotel in central area"
I needed a reasonably priced hotel close to the peak for hospital visit, this hotel is just that.
Other trip Sep 1, 2013
mike
"Carrie K from DC ,stayed 4 xtra nights"
I believe that this hotel WAS rundown,and has been recently refurbished and restaffed. They went above and beyond to help me when I first got there as far as provoding info on finding the MTR station nearby,etc.. They changed some US$ for me,charged my auxillary power for my cell phone,offered my water for the road in the AM,etc..The staff @ the desk had decent English skills. It was accessible to the train and ferries,15 min walk or cab cab ride $8 (US). The neighborhood was a combo of hipster restaurants,galleries,etc and traditional shops. It was nice to have a 7-11store a block away for snacks,etc.
2 night trip Aug 25, 2013
Butterfly on Hollywood
"Decent hotel located in Central area"
The hotel seemed to have opened in the past year or two, but for whatever reason, there seems to be worn out paints / marks on the walls of the hotel room. The air conditioning system did not seem to work well. However, the hotel's stuff was very friendly, professional, and helpful.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
"Butterfly 263 Hollywood road HK"
Very small room, staff was ok, surprised when checking out Butteryfly charge us for LOCAL Calls. won't be staying there again
Other trip Aug 6, 2013
"Fun hotel"
You can't complain about this hotel. It's fabulous!
2 night trip Jun 30, 2013
ytel
"Great location ; cozy rooms"
Lots of upgrades being done currently. It's a great option for those who want to be walking distance to great bars, restaurants. It is quite steep walk uphill with luggage from Sheung Wan metro so be warned if you're coming with baggage from the airport directly. The room was very small with barely any privacy. The walls are super thin (in case that's a bother for some). Otherwise I had a great stay and will likely return.
5 night romance trip Jun 20, 2013
Erick
"Good location. Room needs an upgrade."
I was happy with it, but the room needs some upgrading. Stained carpet. Dirty wallpaper, etc. Staff was friendly and helpful. Cleaning staff a little absent minded. I had to call them back to do something a couple of times. Location couldnt have been better.
6 night trip with friends May 26, 2013
"good deal"
small rooms, ok for the price the ac dindt work properly there was an humidity odor most of the time
Other trip May 30, 2013
"Good value for the money"
Ok, it's not the Peninsula and they don't pick you up at the airports with a green Rolls Royce. But for US$80 a night in Central, it was a good deal. The room was small but clean. I had a window with a view on the park [very quiet] and I slept well. Early departure to the airport in the morning....the hotel is 5 minutes [by taxi] to the MRT airport express. If you are not happy with this deal, then go to the Peninsula. For US$80, they will carry your luggage to the room....after that, you still have to pay for the room....and it's not going to be cheap.
1 night trip May 26, 2013
Oliver
"Very good location and staff"
Staff willing to help even considering the language barriers
Other trip May 3, 2013
"Great Staff, Quiet Hotel"
I have stayed at a couple of other Butterfly Hotels in Hong Kong and I have always enjoyed them. This butterfly stands out for me because of the helpful staff, Raymond in particular. Also the neighborhood the hotel is in, while a short walk to the Shuang Wan subway station is quiet at night and also near many good restaurants. I found the room I had was large for HKG standards.
2 night trip Apr 24, 2013
Captain Kyle
"Good Bargain for the price"
Very inexpensive boutique hotel for Hong Kong standards, but you get what you pay for. This tiny hotel is cozy and in a good Sheung Wan location, which is an up and coming district loaded with antique shops & cool restaurants & bars. Walking distance of the metro & Central areas. Hotel itself is clean and undergoing renovations. Staff was very helpful and went out of their way to make our stay pleasant and help us around. Room was tiny but comfortable, with a great view. Few amenities - no ice machine, bar, restaurant, room service, etc. Room has coffee maker & hair dryer & free internet. For $100 US you can't beat it, and I'd stay here again for a couple of nights.
1 night trip Apr 11, 2013
"Incredible service and comfort"
I was extremely impressed in so many ways with everything about this hotel. The front staff go out of their way to not only ensure your comfortability in the hotel, but also make sure you have the best experience in the city. They will help you get anywhere, or do anything you would like during your stay. The rooms are also very clean and quaint. Really enjoyed staying here and being near the fun, local soho.
7 night trip Apr 5, 2013
GREAT STAFF, GOOD HOTEL, LIKE THE LOCATION
4 night trip Mar 1, 2013
FREDERIC
"Cheesy Hollywood Decor"
I was here on the first leg of my vacation for 3 nights. Initilally, I saw that the hotel was on top of a hill. It was a chore to walk up the hill daily. The hotel, it's self, was very nice. They went all out with the cheesy Hollywood theme, but was amusing non-the-less. The rooms were a bit small but clean and efficient, considering it was just a base of operation and a place to lay your head at night. It location was was very convenent: the Western market was only a few minutes walk, as was the electric trolly and the ferry terminals. The beds were firm but not rock hard like in the other hotels you will find in China. I did not have much contact with the staff, but the contact that I did have was very friendly. I speak some Mandrin, but the staff, actually the whole island, speaks English. Overall, I liked the hotel and would recomend it to anyone staying on HK Island.
3 night trip Mar 5, 2013
Phil
"exceptional value"
Gracious, efficient staff. Easy for taxi to find.
3 night business trip Feb 18, 2013
Carl
"You get what you pay for..."
As mentioned by another reviewer, this hotel has been recently renovated but the building itself appeared to be older - one entire outer wall of our room was covered by semi-pungent mold. For the money, it was a decent size by HK standards, and the location is good to some local eating and shopping. The Sheung Wan MTR station was roughly a 10-12 minute walk away. There is a nice park for kids right next door. The staff was great, very helpful. The beds are Chinese firm, and the 'City View' room's small bathroom contained only a stall shower and western toilet; the small arm-mounted makeup/shaving mirror was out in the adjacent anteroom. Oh, and the bathroom was separated from the rest of the room by only frosted-glass walls - which I have seen before, in Hangzhou and Shanghai, in more budget-oriented hotels. Despite the smaller size of the room, it did have large closets with an almost full-length mirror inside one of the doors. It was our first trip to HK; next time I'll spend more money for a nicer place.
Other trip Feb 20, 2013
Guy
"Better than I expected"
It surprised me how nice everyone from the hotel staff was. I'll definitely stay again. Just wish they serve breakfast.
Business trip Feb 12, 2013

"Will not go back there again."
Stayed in January , was very cold in Hong Kong and the room didn't have a heater. The hotel could only provide me with an extra blanket. Shower and toilet area very small. There was string smell of mold around the room. Will not go back again.
3 night business trip Jan 25, 2016
eitan
"HK I WILL BE BACK!!!!"
Could not fault the Butterfly, great location, staff all very helpful, walking distance to the peak but be prepared, five minutes on the subway to central to see the city lights & very cheap to use. They also had a smart phone available free of charge to help you navigate your way through the city. I stayed on the 16th floor which if you smoked you were allowed to. When leaving HK you can go to to Hong Kong station to check in to your flight & also check your bags in also which means you can enjoy abit more of Hong Kong before you leave, trains leave Hong Kong station every 10 minutes to airport!!!!
Response by Butterfly on Hollywood
Thank you for such great comments! Our guest services team at Butterfly on Hollywood are delighted to hear your kind words and that you enjoyed staying with us so much. Thank you for your support, we will continue to improve and we can't wait to offer you another perfect experience in the near future! With much appreciation, Mabel Chan Assistant Front Office Manager
3 night trip Jan 16, 2016
Justyn
"Simply awful"
Tiny damp room with disgusting mouldy smell. Bathroom has no door and opens direct into the room causing humidity to permeate everywhere. Super thin walls - we received a call from reception at 00:30 complaining about noise emanating from our room, yet we were sleeping (the noise was from the floor above). This hotel does not rank anywhere near the quality of other Butterfly properties. We stayed in room 1204. The wooden cover for the sink was rotten and had flaking paint - felt like a 1* hostel. "Maintenance and Engineering" attention (promised in responses to other reviews) are not capable of resolving the problems with this hotel, it requires a major refit.
Response by Butterfly on Hollywood
Thank you for sharing your experience at Butterfly on Hollywood. We highly appreciate our guests’ comments as they help us to improve our service, ensuring that we deliver an experience in line with our guests’ expectations. Base on your comment, we will surely pay more effort to investigate the hardware condition in all specific guest rooms and to make sure all of them are in top notch condition for our guest enjoyment. Thank you again for choosing our hotel and your valuable review! Yours sincerely, Mabel Chan Assistant Front Office Manager
3 night romance trip Dec 27, 2015
"leakage and mold"
shower stand glass door can't be closed properly, causing water leak and wet the entire bathroom after shower. I had to make sure A/C is on, or else the shower steam will trigger the alarm system. basically, the room fit-out has sort of hollywood movie themed design, look okay; but all the walls are full of mold from the moisture.
Response by Butterfly on Hollywood
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.We will definitely review the case with our housekeeping and engineering team and we will put more effort on maintaining great standard in different area as well. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future! Yours sincerely, Mabel Chan Assistant Front Office Manager
1 night romance trip Dec 18, 2015
man pok Thomas
"Caterpillar on Bollywood"
Having stayed in other Butterfly properties, I had an expectation that this one would offer equally high clean and modern standards. Unfortunately this hotel fell well well short. The walls in the hotel are paper thin and you may be awakened to your neighbour's iPhone alarm. Noise resonates throughout the hotel. Had this been a twin room where I had to bunk with a buddy, we would be a lot closer after this stay because the bathroom has NO DOOR! The sink and towelling area opens directly into the room. Towels are stored in the toilet and toiletries are to be found close to the door in an open wardrobe area. The shower is partitioned from the room by a flimsy plastic screen covered in peeling plastic. It also makes a huge noise when opened and closed. The design leads to humidity and damp leaching into the room. The board covering the plumbing under the sink was rotten, and had peeling paint. Inside the room, you can find mould and everything is tired and had a damp smell. The bed was terrible, two singles bolted together with a huge, uneven gap between the two. Nothing close to the quality of other Butterfly hotels. Add to the above frayed carpet, peeling wallpaper, a tiny window and a working area barely wide enough to fir a laptop, and you have one of the worst stays for a hotel in this category. Short of a major refit, this hotel is nothing more than a glorified hostel. The only saving grace was that the staff were pleasant and helpful.
Response by Butterfly on Hollywood
Thank you very much for your time to review our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We will definitely review the case with our housekeeping and engineering team and we will put more effort on maintaining great standard in different area as well. We really hope you would consider being our guest again so that we will have a chance to offer you a much more impressive experience. Yours sincerely, Mabel Chan Assistant Front Office Manager
1 night romance trip Dec 30, 2015
Nicholas
"Good hotel."
The hotel is conveniently located in a busy part of HK. There are small eateries around and we get to live among the commoners. Moving around is convenient as it is only a short walk to the MTR.
5 night romance trip Dec 3, 2015
"Location... Great place... Bathroom terrible"
Good location! close to the bars of hollywood road. Bathroom was all in one. This meant having a shower drowned the toilet and water had to run past toilet to the drain. This left the toilet wet and floor drowned. Strange bathroom setup, otherwise great place.
Response by Butterfly on Hollywood
We are pleased that you enjoyed our conveniently location and friendly guest services. We will definitely review the case with our housekeeping and engineering team and we will put more effort on maintaining great standard in different area as well. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future! Yours sincerely, Mabel Chan Assistant Front Office Manager
3 night trip Nov 27, 2015
The room smells bad
Response by Butterfly on Hollywood
Thank you for your review. I am sincerely regretful to hear your disappointment relating to the smell in room. May I have your room number please so then I can have our Housekeeping team to check? We will surely pay more attention to individual guest room condition as well as how everything is appointed in order to ensure our guest an enjoyable accommodation. Thank you again and we hope for the opportunity to welcome you back for a much improved stay. Yours sincerely, Mabel Chan Assistant Front Office Manager
1 night business trip Nov 23, 2015
Tianlong
"Decent hotel in good area"
I liked the area of the hotel. Easy walk to Sheung Wan subway station and many restaurants. A big problem is that the bathroom had a smell of sewage. I had to be sure to keep the toilet seat down or otherwise there was a terrible smell in the bathroom. Ventilation was totally lacking. Also, it was impossible to get hot water in the sink. The sink faucet is a ridiculous design.
Other trip Nov 5, 2015
"Stay at Butterfly on Hollywood"
I'd gone to Hong Kong for meetings. All my meetings were in Central Area. This Hotel has good connectivity to Central Station by way of Cab, Bus and Metro Rail. The room was small but nice. This is what we want during business stays, no fuss and easy accessibility to all you belongings. The writing table, bathroom, entrance every thing was a couple of steps from bed. I could just step down and reach to things I needed, with out having to walk all around. The Hotel staff was cooperative and well versed in English therefore there was no problem of communication. They provided me with a cell phone, that had free local calls and free unlimited 3G data service. This phone was very useful during my stay in finding places and making calls, with out using my personal phone. I liked the room and I'd recommend it for single traveler on business trip.
Response by Butterfly on Hollywood
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us.We are happy to know that you liked our hotel's accommodation, services and free Handy mobile sevices. Thank you for your recommendations and we hope to see you soon! Yours sincerely, Mabel Chan Assistant Front Office Manager
3 night business trip Oct 25, 2015
Amit
IN
"Good location, okay hotel"
Great location, clean and tidy room, however average quality. Only really a 2.5 to 3 star.
Response by Butterfly on Hollywood
Thank you for such delightful comments! We are delighted to hear that you were impressed the good location.
Other trip Oct 28, 2015
Nick
"Value for money in the heart of Hong kong"
Just stayed one night and really enjoyed it. Small room but it is Hong Kong. Close to soho , MTR and all the antique markets
Response by Butterfly on Hollywood
Thank you very much your valuable time in reviewing us. we would love to see you again soon.
Other trip Oct 23, 2015
Lance
"Good things come in small packages"
This room is tiny, like all Hong Kong hotel rooms - but with so much to do you won't be spending much time in there! The hotel is in a great location, about a 15 minute walk to the waterfront (ferries) and the Central area. The staff were friendly and helpful, we weren't flying out til the evening so they gave us a late checkout for no extra charge.
Response by Butterfly on Hollywood
Thanks for taking the time to write this lovely review, and it's wonderful to know that you found us a good choice for your stay. We will definitely work hard to maintain our top quality services and to impress you again during your upcoming stays with us. Yours sincerely, Mabel Chan Assistant Front Office Manager
3 night romance trip Oct 7, 2015
"Not Cool Enough"
At of all the Butterflies, this one was my least favorite. You can tell that the inside is definitely older than the others. Sound travels easily from room to room. The air conditioners were in poor condition. I had to switch rooms once due to a faulty air con and the second still wasn't that great. In a hot city like Hong Kong, a good air flow system is important to come home too. Other than that, the location is prime for walking around, sight seeing, eating and night life. Directly across the street is an amazing Italian restaurant, 208. If you're going for location and a place to crash then this is your spot. If you'd like something a little more comfy, quiet and up-to-date, I'd recommend trying another Butterfly.
Response by Butterfly on Hollywood
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Your support is our great motivation and we are pleased that you are satisfied with the good location. However I am sincerely regretful to hear your disappointment relating to the air conditioning and sound proofing quality, we will definitely look into these matter to study possible improvements in order to offer a more pleasant staying experience for our guests. Thanks again and we would like to have a chance to offer you an even better experience in the very soon future. Regards, Mabel Chan Assistant Front Office Manager
2 night trip Sep 30, 2015
Hunter
Access from the lobby to the elevators is up a few steps but the staff assisted with my luggage. The Handy phone was great to have so that my contacts in HK could easily reach me and for internet access.
Response by Butterfly on Hollywood
Thank you very much your valuable time in reviewing us. Your support is our great motivation and we are pleased that you are satisfied with the Handy mobile service. Thank you again for your stay and review. We would be honored to welcome you again in the future! Regards, Mabel Chan Assistant Front Office Manager
3 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2015
Tina
"location location"
good location to area of restaurants and bars easy access to transportation
Response by Butterfly on Hollywood
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Your support is our great motivation and we are pleased that you are satisfied with the good location. We always encourage our guests to explore around the neighbourhood for its uniqueness, as the area offer much to see and travel. We hope you had a great time and we loved to welcome you back soon. Regards, Mabel Chan Assistant Front Office Manager
1 night business trip Sep 14, 2015
Walter
Nice stay for business trip
Response by Butterfly on Hollywood
Thank you for such wonderful comments. We will definitely work hard to maintain our top quality services and to impress you again during your upcoming stays with us. Thanks so much for your support! Yours sincerely, Mabel Chan Assistant Front Office Manager
4 night business trip Aug 24, 2015
Stayed for 1 night. On arrival the hotel looked really nice, staff were very polite and helped with our bags and the door etc. unfortunately when we reached our room, the smell of damp was apparent and then we saw the damp in the corner of the room. Quite worrying as we were on the 18th floor. This was not only unpleasant because of the smell, but also raised concerns over the structural stability of the building. It seemed as though the company had been spending a lot of money on flashy materials/technology rather than the maintence of the building. Such a shame as the staff were really lovely and helpful. The location was okay.
Response by Butterfly on Hollywood
Thank you for such delightful comments! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our services so much. Here at Butterfly Hotels, we hope to make each and every one of our guest’s stay as if they ‘re at home! However I am sincerely regretful to hear your disappointment relating to the smell. The issue will be taken to our management’s attention to ensure that necessary improvements can be made immediately. We hope to see you back if you're in the city. Yours sincerely, Mabel Chan Assistant Front Office Manager
1 night romance trip Sep 9, 2015
"Confortable and good price/quality range"
The hotel room had an excellent view and is a few blocks away from the subway. The bed was very comfortable but the walls are very thin.
Response by Butterfly on Hollywood
Thank you for such a kind review! We are glad to hear that our room and locations are to your liking.Thanks again and we would like to have a chance to offer you an improved experience in the very soon future. Yours sincerely, Mabel Chan Assistant Front Office Manager
3 night trip with friends Sep 1, 2015