All hotels in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America

Clean
  • Bar and Beverages
    Bar is awesome
    Awesome vibe
Nice boutique hotel with character. Small bar with food menu was good and enjoyed outdoor courtyard. Also used fitness center and free shuttle and parking. Extremely good value!
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
"No title"
Lack of disability assistance.
1 night business trip Jul 14, 2015
Yucong
Stayed at Priory after show at Benedum. Arrived late - staff excellent and courteous. Lovely accommodations. Continental breakfast very nice with addition of fresh fruit and cheeses. Proximity to cultural district and Rt. 28 is perfect for me. Would recommend and will stay again.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
"Ok for the price"
It was ok. Had issues with the shower in the queen room.
1 night business trip Jul 15, 2015
KELMAN
No facility to enter the main door for disabled people.
1 night business trip Jul 14, 2015
Yucong
"An all around good time"
The free shuttle was very helpful. A great Italian restaurant (legend of the north shore) was within walking distance. Walked to PNC Park. Room comfy and clean. Staff friendly
2 night romance trip Jul 7, 2015
"Fantastic Stay!!!"
Shuttle service! Free parking! Free Breakfast (that is awesome!). We were very happy with our stay. The staff was great and the room was unique and fantastic!
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
"Great rooms and service!"
We stayed at the Priory Inn for 3 nights and enjoyed our stay. The view from the room was a beautiful view of the city. The room was very clean. The Inn was beautiful with the antique or antique looking furnishings and the garden that you could enjoy sitting in the shade. The light breakfast was lovely as well with a lot of choices and a nice room to sit in with real plates and flatware. We took advantage of the shuttle service into the city on one day and the driver was pleasant and helpful. We loved our visit to Pittsburgh and the Priory Inn.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
"It was too short"
We hope to return when we have more time to spend at the hotel and the vicinity.
"Downtown whirlwind tour"
First time to Pittsburgh, knew downtown was where to stay. This place appeared to be a gem, and affordable too. Previous reviewers had this place nailed....it's perfect. Old monestary and church but in like new condition offering all the amenities of the fancy hotels. Parking, fancy breakfast, private outdoor patio and cozy bar add to the exquisitely prepared rooms. Thank you Priory for a memorable place to grab a beer and some great sleep while I walked the downtown one evening and morning.
Willy
"Great hotel.Ignore the surroundings.It's all good!"
Beautiful hotel. Everything g was fantastic. Only concern was at arrival into the area, we were surrounded by "projects ". It was never a problem but makes you a little leary upon entering the general area. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay at a really nice, unique spot while in Pittsburgh.
1 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
Alexander
"Customer Service and Old Rooms"
1. The front desk staff needs to know the history of the build when asked. 2. The morning I checked out the front desk staffer was un-enthusiast and appeared to not care I was leaving. The front desk staff needs extensive customer service training. 3. You need to fix your front entry stairs, they are not even, some are higher than other ones, and it can be difficult for seniors with bad knees. 4. The location of the place is just not what I thought it would be. Parking is difficult even though it is free. There is not clear signage on how to exit the gated lot once you are walking out of the lot. 5. The rooms need more electrical outlets. I understand the building is old, but the rooms need outlets because of the amount of electronics people travel with today. 6. The breakfast was just awful. When I entered the dining rooms, tables were not clean, and I guess I was expecting a little better choice of food for the "breakfast included" incentive to stay at your facility. 7. The front entry door is heavy and hard to open, and the front desk staff didn't offer any help to hold the door open, especially when they saw people checking in or checking out with lots and many heavy bags. 8. The shower heads in the room need changing to a wider and new heads. The present ones just don't work well because of the amount of calcium build up on them. 8. In all honesty, I cannot recommend any of my friends or family members to stay at this facility.
Beth
"How I Hated to Leave!"
The service and staff are incomparable! Any request is addressed immediately and courteously. A shuttle is available for nearby trips, so your car stays parked in the hotel's lot (no charge!). Breakfast is delicious, in lovely surroundings. Every comfort has been thought of and provided. The neighborhood is not completely gentrified yet, but it is safe and walkable. The rooms are smaller than in some large chain hotels (this is a converted nuns' or monks' residence, after all), but they are well-equipped and beautifully renovated. The sense of history has been maintained, but the accoutrements are totally modern.
2 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
"Amazing!"
Everything was perfect we love staying in the hotel . The staff is really nice
1 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
Flavia
"So happy my conference hotel was booked"
I booked The Priory after I found out my conference hotel was booked. I decided to give it a try because of the shuttle service. The shuttle service was great but my whole experience (room cleanliness, hotel staff friendliness, great breakfast in a beautiful setting) was amazing. I would definitely book again the next time I have the opportunity to go to PGH.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
"Great little hotel. Quiet. Comfortable &Staff++"
Visiting for ballgames. Parking is free and the shuttle is a perfect option. Drivers are excellent, and do all they can to get you to dinner or PNC. Herman & Henry are a plus. check in and staff is super. Breakfast in the old room where Monks likely ate is quite a start to the day. Room was quiet and cool.
Other trip Jun 18, 2015
"Hidden gem"
I never knew this hotel existed but it was a pleasant stay. We had no problems with the hotel or staff
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
Nina
"Amazing"
One of the most charming, beautiful and quaint hotels I have ever seen. Loud pipes and small bed aside, the staff here was wonderful and the bar was intimate and charming. We just loved this hotel!!
1 night trip Jun 15, 2015
"Beautiful hotel!"
We only stayed one night at this cozy old church that was converted to a hotel. The service was great! Very friendly and helpful. They even have a shuttle service, which we didn't even know about until we arrived. This was a huge help and saved us money as we didn't have to pay for a cab! The room was very clean and nicely appointed. It was a little small, but adequate for my wife and I. My only complaint was that the shower was a little too small, but I'm kind of a big guy. We got up and left very early, so we didn't get a chance to try the breakfast. Overall, we were very happy with our stay, and would definitely come back.
1 night romance trip Jun 9, 2015
"Very nice hotel for a low price"
I stayed at the Priory with a friend for one night while we saw a concert at the AE Stage. Reasons why I booked it were: low price, free shuttle, and free parking. The hotel did not disappoint in any of those areas. The shuttle was easy to get a hold of. It stopped service at 10:45 PM. Parking was easy to find. The area of town was not the best, which I'm assuming is the reason for the low price; however, I did not feel unsafe and did not have to walk around town thanks for the free shuttle. The shuttle driver was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The rest of the staff were friendly. The room was very clean and comfortable. My only complaint is that the shuttle does not run later. The free breakfast in the AM was of good quality.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Amber
"Very nice place"
Wonderful staff, very helpful. Free shuttle to downtown.Breakfast was awesome. The bathroom was a little cramped, but the room was elegant and had a very comfortable feeling.
1 night trip May 28, 2015
"Historic Priory Hotel great cocktails"
Beautiful historic hotel. Great little bar/pub with fabulous cocktails. Very helpful staff. Prompt van transportation to major restaurant locations.
3 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"Beautiful room with easy access to convention cent"
I was in Pittsburgh for a convention. I had stayed at a big hotel within walking distance to the hotel. Now I chose The Priory because it was offered. When I got to town, I called for The Priory's shuttle, and they picked me up. They brought me right to The Priory. I checked in very quickly and got to my room. The room was very clean. I had breakfast each day in a wonderful setting. The courtyard at The Priory was a beautiful place to be in a city. I had shuttle service whenever I needed it to get around town. I don't see why it is just a four star rated hotel. They had everything I wanted.
Other trip May 20, 2015
"Lovely hotel!"
What a neat hotel! The staff are very friendly and the continental (cold) breakfast was top-notch, with a nice meat and cheese plate besides the usual fare. The complimentary shuttle service was also very much appreciated!
2 night romance trip May 14, 2015
"A Gem in Deutschtown"
Yep, it's a Euro-boutique on the North Shore. Except this one has air conditioning, an elevator, a staff that cares, an unparalleled bakery, a wicked bartendrix dishing out the local brews along with her snappy repartee, actual water pressure, and everything else that's missing from the hidden gems I've tenanted in Paris, London, and Berlin. A shuttle, no less, so that I don't have to knee-walk home from Max's Allegheny Tavern or the Park House. What's not to like about The Priory? The initial impression of Pressley Street - that's all. Get over it. It's a big city, and an up-and-coming neighborhood. We'll be back.
Other trip May 16, 2015
Brahms
"Great location, distinctive"
We only stayed one night but our room was comfortable. The bathroom needs some storage or cabinets for toiletries.
Other trip May 11, 2015
"Amen."
Good stay for the Pittsburgh Marathon. Walking distance from the finish line.
1 night trip May 2, 2015
"Needs new mattress - otherwise, just fine."
Good geographic location, right across the river from downtown and good access to the rest of the city. Subsidized housing tower across the street, if that bothers anyone. At no time did we feel unsafe. Free parking/breakfast was nice. Only downside: our room's mattress was worn out. I was too lazy to ask for a room change. Staff were very pleasant.
2 night romance trip Apr 30, 2015
"Business stay"
The shuttle service around town was amazing. The hotel was historic feeling and comfortable. Breakfast was served. The room itself was nice.
2 night business trip Apr 19, 2015
Kelsey
"get away"
Room was a little small, but courtesy shuttle was outstanding
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
"Priory"
loved everything about the priory. The neighborhood was the only worrisome part, but that can be excused for the outstanding service and cleanliness!
2 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
"Wonderful and quaint all in one"
Really good. We loved the friendly bar and also the convenience of a van to take us anywhere in the city then come to pick us up.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
Pat and Jeanne
"A step back in time!"
My family came to The Priory for the last home game of the season for the Penguins. Upon arrival the staff was welcoming and friendly. Check in was super easy and they told us about the shuttle that they offer to downtown. We parked our car and used the shuttle to and from the game. It made everything SO easy and it was FREE! We got to our room and it was like stepping back in time; from the antiques in the hallways, to the metal bed in the room and the fireplace with tapestry in front of it. We usually stay with family when we come to Pittsburgh; but, this is definitely something we will do again so that we can enjoy downtown without the ride to get there. Thank you for a great stay!!
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
Dawn
"Nicely decorated rooms very accomodating staff!"
Free parking complimentary shuttle and tastefully decorated rooms. Enjoyed learning of the history behind the Priory Hotel. Only negative was the proximity to the frequent noisy railroad cars.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
"Pittsburgh"
It was wonderful. Rooms very clean. Bed very comfortable. I would highly suggest this hotel to all my friends.
1 night trip with friends Apr 13, 2015
Samantha
"Nice piece of history"
I loved the fact that it was old fashion. The bathrooms could've been bigger, but all in all the stay and service was wonderful. I would definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Apr 7, 2015
Magdalena
"Beautiful historic hotel."
We stayed overnight at the priory after attending a concert. It was very quiet and rich in history.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
bob
It was convenient to the things we wanted to do, and the free parking was a bonus. Everyone was very kind.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
"Mr"
Fiirst hotel in my life does not allow alcohol in room.
1 night romance trip Mar 19, 2015
"Very cozy."
The bed was very small!
1 night romance trip Mar 9, 2015
"The Priory - A true sanctuary!"
On a harsh winter’s day, we were scheduled to travel aboard Amtrak’s “The Pennsylvanian” to New York City. Not wanting to miss the train because of bad weather, I searched for a downtown Pittsburgh hotel that would be close to the train station, provide the desired level of comfort, and host a reasonable rate. Wow! Did I hit the jackpot with The Priory. As far back as 1888, many priests and monks on their way to Latrobe, Pennsylvania (where the U.S. seat of authority for the Benedictine Order is situated) would reside here at the priory. Today, it hosts 42 meticulously appointed guestrooms and a cordial staff who warmly welcome visitors to Pittsburgh’s historical “Deutschtown.” NOTE: Unlike most other downtown properties, parking at The Priory is free and they also provide a complimentary shuttle service that will take you anywhere downtown you wish to go. The Monk’s bar is open until late for that much enjoyed nightcap. While the snow blew fierce throughout the night, we slept soundly. Sadly, we had to depart early thus missing the lovely continental breakfast provided to guests daily. It then only took seven minutes to drive through snow covered streets to the train station. THAT is how convenient the hotel’s location is to the center of downtown Pittsburgh. It is challenging to describe The Priority in just a few words. It is an elegant hotel that offers the cozy ambience of an inn while providing the feel of true sanctuary. We are eager for our next visit!
1 night romance trip Mar 4, 2015
Lynn
"Would stay again..."
We rented a room because we were going to a local beer fest in town. What sold us was the shuttle service. We were able to use their shuttle to and from the event. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The rooms were clean and each had character. We didn't want to stay at a chain hotel and wanted to switch it up with something more quaint and personal. We'd like to go back again when the weather breaks to hang out in their courtyard. We hung out by the fireplace and had drinks from their bar and then in the morning they offered breakfast. The Sealy Pillowtop mattresses that they used were so comfortable on my back (I've had back surgery). It was so comfortable that I got the name of it to use at home. Would definitely go back again.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
Brittany
"Adorable, feels like home."
Lovely breakfast, warm real wood fireplace in the lounge, friendly employees. Can't wait to come back!
1 night trip Mar 1, 2015
"Great Place!"
This hotel was the most interesting I have ever stayed in. I was just looking for a reasonably priced place close to a invert we were going to. Little did I realize this place had such a history. It was lovely inside and the staff was great. Loved just looking at everything. A nice breakfast too-a little extra from the standard Continental!
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
Shannan
"Another wonderful stay"
The Priory is such a great option for business travelers looking for more than just a chain hotel. The staff in particular are great.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
"Great deal"
Gorgeous hotel! The room was very clean and comfortable. It was a quick stay for me, but it was a good deal and only a brief walk across the 9th Street Bridge to get into downtown
1 night business trip Feb 22, 2015
"Great Stay at a Great Price"
Very informative about the area and the free shuttle service was a great perk! The hotel was historically beautiful.
1 night romance trip Feb 19, 2015
Awesome staff, very nice and helpful. The shuttle service was a huge plus and the driver was very prompt! I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
"period furniture through out in an updated priory."
Quaint hotel in a remodeled priory. The rooms are small but nice. The staff was great and very accommodating. Good breakfast. The shuttle was always available and made travel in Pittsburgh a lot easier. Thanks for a pleasant stay!!
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
EAS
"Great getaway!"
My husband and I enjoyed a relaxing night and breakfast the following morning. It was a very cold night but there was a fire in the room off of reception and that took the chill off. We went into the Monk's bar and were greeted warmly by the bartender. Our room was extremely clean and comfortable. Breakfast was a relaxing treat, much more than the "extended continental" breakfast we had been anticipating. All service staff that we came into contact w/were friendly and helpful. Would absolutely stay again, planning our next trip:)
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015