All hotels in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
614 Pressley St, Pittsburgh, PA, 15212, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value
    Quite clean
  • Bar
    Bar is awesome
    Awesome vibe
"Amazing!"
Everything was perfect we love staying in the hotel . The staff is really nice
1 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
Flavia
"So happy my conference hotel was booked"
I booked The Priory after I found out my conference hotel was booked. I decided to give it a try because of the shuttle service. The shuttle service was great but my whole experience (room cleanliness, hotel staff friendliness, great breakfast in a beautiful setting) was amazing. I would definitely book again the next time I have the opportunity to go to PGH.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
"Great little hotel. Quiet. Comfortable &Staff++"
Visiting for ballgames. Parking is free and the shuttle is a perfect option. Drivers are excellent, and do all they can to get you to dinner or PNC. Herman & Henry are a plus. check in and staff is super. Breakfast in the old room where Monks likely ate is quite a start to the day. Room was quiet and cool.
Other trip Jun 18, 2015
"Hidden gem"
I never knew this hotel existed but it was a pleasant stay. We had no problems with the hotel or staff
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
Nina
"Amazing"
One of the most charming, beautiful and quaint hotels I have ever seen. Loud pipes and small bed aside, the staff here was wonderful and the bar was intimate and charming. We just loved this hotel!!
1 night trip Jun 15, 2015
"Beautiful hotel!"
We only stayed one night at this cozy old church that was converted to a hotel. The service was great! Very friendly and helpful. They even have a shuttle service, which we didn't even know about until we arrived. This was a huge help and saved us money as we didn't have to pay for a cab! The room was very clean and nicely appointed. It was a little small, but adequate for my wife and I. My only complaint was that the shower was a little too small, but I'm kind of a big guy. We got up and left very early, so we didn't get a chance to try the breakfast. Overall, we were very happy with our stay, and would definitely come back.
1 night romance trip Jun 9, 2015
"Very nice hotel for a low price"
I stayed at the Priory with a friend for one night while we saw a concert at the AE Stage. Reasons why I booked it were: low price, free shuttle, and free parking. The hotel did not disappoint in any of those areas. The shuttle was easy to get a hold of. It stopped service at 10:45 PM. Parking was easy to find. The area of town was not the best, which I'm assuming is the reason for the low price; however, I did not feel unsafe and did not have to walk around town thanks for the free shuttle. The shuttle driver was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The rest of the staff were friendly. The room was very clean and comfortable. My only complaint is that the shuttle does not run later. The free breakfast in the AM was of good quality.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Amber
"Very nice place"
Wonderful staff, very helpful. Free shuttle to downtown.Breakfast was awesome. The bathroom was a little cramped, but the room was elegant and had a very comfortable feeling.
1 night trip May 28, 2015
"Historic Priory Hotel great cocktails"
Beautiful historic hotel. Great little bar/pub with fabulous cocktails. Very helpful staff. Prompt van transportation to major restaurant locations.
3 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"Beautiful room with easy access to convention cent"
I was in Pittsburgh for a convention. I had stayed at a big hotel within walking distance to the hotel. Now I chose The Priory because it was offered. When I got to town, I called for The Priory's shuttle, and they picked me up. They brought me right to The Priory. I checked in very quickly and got to my room. The room was very clean. I had breakfast each day in a wonderful setting. The courtyard at The Priory was a beautiful place to be in a city. I had shuttle service whenever I needed it to get around town. I don't see why it is just a four star rated hotel. They had everything I wanted.
Other trip May 20, 2015
"Lovely hotel!"
What a neat hotel! The staff are very friendly and the continental (cold) breakfast was top-notch, with a nice meat and cheese plate besides the usual fare. The complimentary shuttle service was also very much appreciated!
2 night romance trip May 14, 2015
"A Gem in Deutschtown"
Yep, it's a Euro-boutique on the North Shore. Except this one has air conditioning, an elevator, a staff that cares, an unparalleled bakery, a wicked bartendrix dishing out the local brews along with her snappy repartee, actual water pressure, and everything else that's missing from the hidden gems I've tenanted in Paris, London, and Berlin. A shuttle, no less, so that I don't have to knee-walk home from Max's Allegheny Tavern or the Park House. What's not to like about The Priory? The initial impression of Pressley Street - that's all. Get over it. It's a big city, and an up-and-coming neighborhood. We'll be back.
Other trip May 16, 2015
Brahms
"Great location, distinctive"
We only stayed one night but our room was comfortable. The bathroom needs some storage or cabinets for toiletries.
Other trip May 11, 2015
"Amen."
Good stay for the Pittsburgh Marathon. Walking distance from the finish line.
1 night trip May 2, 2015
"Needs new mattress - otherwise, just fine."
Good geographic location, right across the river from downtown and good access to the rest of the city. Subsidized housing tower across the street, if that bothers anyone. At no time did we feel unsafe. Free parking/breakfast was nice. Only downside: our room's mattress was worn out. I was too lazy to ask for a room change. Staff were very pleasant.
2 night romance trip Apr 30, 2015
"Business stay"
The shuttle service around town was amazing. The hotel was historic feeling and comfortable. Breakfast was served. The room itself was nice.
2 night business trip Apr 19, 2015
Kelsey
"get away"
Room was a little small, but courtesy shuttle was outstanding
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
"Priory"
loved everything about the priory. The neighborhood was the only worrisome part, but that can be excused for the outstanding service and cleanliness!
2 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
"Wonderful and quaint all in one"
Really good. We loved the friendly bar and also the convenience of a van to take us anywhere in the city then come to pick us up.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
Pat and Jeanne
"A step back in time!"
My family came to The Priory for the last home game of the season for the Penguins. Upon arrival the staff was welcoming and friendly. Check in was super easy and they told us about the shuttle that they offer to downtown. We parked our car and used the shuttle to and from the game. It made everything SO easy and it was FREE! We got to our room and it was like stepping back in time; from the antiques in the hallways, to the metal bed in the room and the fireplace with tapestry in front of it. We usually stay with family when we come to Pittsburgh; but, this is definitely something we will do again so that we can enjoy downtown without the ride to get there. Thank you for a great stay!!
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
Dawn
"Nicely decorated rooms very accomodating staff!"
Free parking complimentary shuttle and tastefully decorated rooms. Enjoyed learning of the history behind the Priory Hotel. Only negative was the proximity to the frequent noisy railroad cars.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
"Pittsburgh"
It was wonderful. Rooms very clean. Bed very comfortable. I would highly suggest this hotel to all my friends.
1 night trip with friends Apr 13, 2015
Samantha
"Nice piece of history"
I loved the fact that it was old fashion. The bathrooms could've been bigger, but all in all the stay and service was wonderful. I would definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Apr 7, 2015
Magdalena
"Beautiful historic hotel."
We stayed overnight at the priory after attending a concert. It was very quiet and rich in history.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
bob
It was convenient to the things we wanted to do, and the free parking was a bonus. Everyone was very kind.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
"Mr"
Fiirst hotel in my life does not allow alcohol in room.
1 night romance trip Mar 19, 2015
"Very cozy."
The bed was very small!
1 night romance trip Mar 9, 2015
"The Priory - A true sanctuary!"
On a harsh winter’s day, we were scheduled to travel aboard Amtrak’s “The Pennsylvanian” to New York City. Not wanting to miss the train because of bad weather, I searched for a downtown Pittsburgh hotel that would be close to the train station, provide the desired level of comfort, and host a reasonable rate. Wow! Did I hit the jackpot with The Priory. As far back as 1888, many priests and monks on their way to Latrobe, Pennsylvania (where the U.S. seat of authority for the Benedictine Order is situated) would reside here at the priory. Today, it hosts 42 meticulously appointed guestrooms and a cordial staff who warmly welcome visitors to Pittsburgh’s historical “Deutschtown.” NOTE: Unlike most other downtown properties, parking at The Priory is free and they also provide a complimentary shuttle service that will take you anywhere downtown you wish to go. The Monk’s bar is open until late for that much enjoyed nightcap. While the snow blew fierce throughout the night, we slept soundly. Sadly, we had to depart early thus missing the lovely continental breakfast provided to guests daily. It then only took seven minutes to drive through snow covered streets to the train station. THAT is how convenient the hotel’s location is to the center of downtown Pittsburgh. It is challenging to describe The Priority in just a few words. It is an elegant hotel that offers the cozy ambience of an inn while providing the feel of true sanctuary. We are eager for our next visit!
1 night romance trip Mar 4, 2015
Lynn
"Would stay again..."
We rented a room because we were going to a local beer fest in town. What sold us was the shuttle service. We were able to use their shuttle to and from the event. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The rooms were clean and each had character. We didn't want to stay at a chain hotel and wanted to switch it up with something more quaint and personal. We'd like to go back again when the weather breaks to hang out in their courtyard. We hung out by the fireplace and had drinks from their bar and then in the morning they offered breakfast. The Sealy Pillowtop mattresses that they used were so comfortable on my back (I've had back surgery). It was so comfortable that I got the name of it to use at home. Would definitely go back again.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
Brittany
"Adorable, feels like home."
Lovely breakfast, warm real wood fireplace in the lounge, friendly employees. Can't wait to come back!
1 night trip Mar 1, 2015
"Great Place!"
This hotel was the most interesting I have ever stayed in. I was just looking for a reasonably priced place close to a invert we were going to. Little did I realize this place had such a history. It was lovely inside and the staff was great. Loved just looking at everything. A nice breakfast too-a little extra from the standard Continental!
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
Shannan
"Another wonderful stay"
The Priory is such a great option for business travelers looking for more than just a chain hotel. The staff in particular are great.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
"Great deal"
Gorgeous hotel! The room was very clean and comfortable. It was a quick stay for me, but it was a good deal and only a brief walk across the 9th Street Bridge to get into downtown
1 night business trip Feb 22, 2015
"Great Stay at a Great Price"
Very informative about the area and the free shuttle service was a great perk! The hotel was historically beautiful.
1 night romance trip Feb 19, 2015
Awesome staff, very nice and helpful. The shuttle service was a huge plus and the driver was very prompt! I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
"period furniture through out in an updated priory."
Quaint hotel in a remodeled priory. The rooms are small but nice. The staff was great and very accommodating. Good breakfast. The shuttle was always available and made travel in Pittsburgh a lot easier. Thanks for a pleasant stay!!
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
EAS
"Great getaway!"
My husband and I enjoyed a relaxing night and breakfast the following morning. It was a very cold night but there was a fire in the room off of reception and that took the chill off. We went into the Monk's bar and were greeted warmly by the bartender. Our room was extremely clean and comfortable. Breakfast was a relaxing treat, much more than the "extended continental" breakfast we had been anticipating. All service staff that we came into contact w/were friendly and helpful. Would absolutely stay again, planning our next trip:)
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
Lovely hotel. Something out of the ordinary. Beds were not the most comfortable however...
"A Gem on the North Side"
The Priory is a European-style boutique bed and breakfast in the historic "Deutschland" area of Pittsburgh. Lots of history, unique furnishings, lovely continental breakfast.The gentleman who shuttled us into the city is quite knowledgable about the arts and all things Pittsburgh. Complimentary Bath and Body Works toiletries. A lovely escape to a great city.
1 night romance trip Feb 10, 2015
"A cozy gem in Pittsburgh"
The friendliness and intimate, cozy feel of The Priory make it a hidden gem of Pittsburgh. I have stayed here several times and it is always a wonderful experience
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
Annie
"Great spot and wonderful shuttle service"
Charming hotel just minutes away from downtown Pittsburgh. It is definitely a nice break from the normal business hotel. Staff was extremely helpful
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"boutique hotel for no suitcase or bath comfort"
The bathroom was a European size shower (no bathtub). No ramp to main entrance was inconvenient.
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
"Saved our weekend"
We were in Pittsburgh for the Garth concert. Ticketmaster had some sort of computer glitch and 100 people or so were issued concert tickets for the wrong day. We all thought we were seeing the concert on Saturday and found out at the stadium that our tickets had been issued for the Friday concert. We all missed the concert and Ticketmaster is doing NOTHING about it. When the staff at the Priory heard what had happened they were determined to help us save our weekend. They helped us find great things to do and transported us to and from wherever we wanted to go. They offer their guests a free shuttle service. Our room was beautiful as was the rest of the hotel. It is the old St. Mary's Priory built around 1888. We were very impressed with the beautiful woodwork and original windows and archways. If you like to stay at places with character, historical significance and a wonderful staff then the Priory is for you.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"Charming and Cozy!"
Wonderful place, completely satisfied. I felt very safe and secure here. Will stay again for sure!
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"Great Staff"
The service was wonderful and the staff was very friendly. The neighborhood shuttle was extraordinary. The driver Henry provided all kinds of insights into Pittsburg as he took us and picked us up from our destinations. The continental breakfast was extensive with beautiful baked good fresh fruit, toast, etc.
1 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
Wendy
"Lighting"
It could use a little brighter lighting but other than that it was delightful.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
This was an elegant, vintage feeling hotel. It's right in the city, but on a less traveled street - meaning no traffic noise! Very clean room. I would stay again for sure.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
Maggie
"Quaint little piece of history"
The Priory hotel was fantastic. Close enough to downtown Pittsburgh for convenience, yet far enough away to enjoy a quiet stay. The antique furniture (think desks, dressers, mirrors, not mattress) was much appreciated, and you can tell the owners have made a significant effort to keep a genuine period feel to the building. And to top it off the free breakfast in the morning was absolutely delicious - much better than you get at chain hotels.
2 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
Timothy
"Enjoyed our stay"
We really enjoyed our stay. The rooms were great and we loved the character of the place. The German style breakfast was excellent and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay there again.
3 night romance trip Jan 20, 2015
"Bob and the Priory"
Looked for somewhere close to Consol Energy for the Bob Seger concert. This was perfect - the hotel is beautiful; the area around it is being revitalized and will be nice when complete. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice hotel.
1 night trip with friends Jan 22, 2015