All hotels in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States of America
1005 S Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC, 29577-4441, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.7
    2.8
    2.7
    2.3
"July 2014"
Room smelled musty. Old worn out carpet with cigarette burns. Shower curtain needed to be replaced. Had to buy Toilet paper as it was not left with the towels and office was closed when we returned to hotel. Towels were in poor condition. Sliding glass door in the room had not been cleaned - greasy finger prints on the door.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
S
"Decent hotel, love that it was on the beach!"
No problems, nice staff, a little outdated but everything worked like it should. A good rate for being right on the beach.
Kdogg
"Close to the beach but still inset good enough"
Rooms did not get cleaned very well,opened up the stove to find a pizza from a recent stay before us,elevator got stuck
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
bw
ok
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2014
hal
"Nice and close the beach"
We had great time!It was close the beach,nice hot tub!Not to biz
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
flora
"ok hotel"
We had to change rooms due to the smell of smoke. The people in the room next door were screaming at 4:00 in the morning.
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2014
Stayed for a week... The view beautiful. The maids were wonderful. Check in took forever ... But everything else was wonderful
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Hotel moldy with smell in room"
Nice staff Loved being on the beach. Hotel clean as it could be. Mold with musty smell
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
maggie
"recommend to anyone!"
The room was perfect! Very clean, very comfy! Right on the beach! Inside pool was very clean, along with the 2 hottubs. The hotel itself is smaller, not the best there is, but overall, I was completely satisfied. Very clean, very easy check in and out, & very convenient to everything!
3 night trip Jul 9, 2014
"Low quality hotel high quality location"
The hotel is right on the ocean and close to everything. Those are the only high points. The room and hallways smelled musty. I don't believe the comforters had been washed in a very long time. The room said it was $81. There was then a $19 tax and fee and then when we got there we were charged an additional "resort" fee of $10. So it really cost $110. I could've gotten a room at a nicer hotel for that price. It does have a kitchenette. If you are just wanting a place to sleep and hold your stuff then go for it.
1 night business trip Jul 8, 2014
Elaina
The room was dirty and smelled horrible. It should have been listed as poor or worse.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
Colleen
Had a great stay......no problems....planning on another stay around sept.
2 night trip Jun 29, 2014
ben
"nice room"
Room was nice and clean. It was right on the ocean, I just didn't have a view of the ocean, Pools were nice and clean. Very long line at front desk. waited 50 minutes to get to check in. There is a $20 key deposit you are supposed to get back on checkout. we planned to leave at 6am, and no one was at front desk until 8:45am. Front desk is a negative issue.
1 night trip Jun 1, 2014
Nicky
"you get what you pay for"
average room, scratchy small towels, have to ask for room coffee packets at the front desk. No breakfast (or even coffee downstairs). carpet is from the 60's.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
"Get what ya pay for"
Nuff said
4 night trip with friends Jun 28, 2014
Jarrod
"Get what you pay for"
We stayed for 5 days during the week. Our keys didn't work so we had to go down and get new ones. And then those didn't work so then the maintenance guy had to come get us another one. The room was dirty when we got in there. We had a toilet overflowed twice and they didn't come out until the next afternoon to fix it . Overall it was a good location. But me and my husband both agreed that next time we would pay more money to have a nicer room.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Page
I expected when you say - two children ages 5 -7 & two adults Husband and wife or just male and female a total of four people there would be that many forks, spoons and ext. Two rooms. Four chairs to relax or at the table when eating. We began to feel ca-stroboscopic. Two big beds and very little space in the room. One TV. We had no happy choice of what to watch. Two calls for bathroom repair / Two calls for spraying for the Night Flying Bugs. All Soda machines Out of Order. Parking - Excellent - All staff from the front desk to the ones we met on the elevators were very kind, friendly and well aware of conditions and how to make repairs Very professional.. .
4 night family trip Jun 22, 2014
Brenda Spencer
Took all day to get bed sheets and we had to walk next door to get blanket but other then that it's a nice location and beautiful pools and nice hot tubs
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Close to the beach"
Went during the summer so i went for somewhere affordable. Price paid doesnt match expectations.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
my2janes
"On beach...but"
My big thing as to why i will not stay is the hard keys for the room..rooms are very old and in need of updates..
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"Cheap oceanfront rate on the beach"
Hotel was dirty. sliding glass door was very hard to open. Carpets/floors almost turned the bottom of my socks immediately black.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
"not too bad"
well ocean plaza is in a great location, right on the beach, just a short walk from everything myrtle beach has to offer. The place could use a updateing but its cheap and i saw no bugs. For an inexpensive stay at the beach it worked for me!
4 night romance trip Jun 21, 2014
Jason D
"HAD A GOOD TIME"
I HAD A GOOD TIME AT THIS HOTEL I WILL DEFINATELY STAY AGAIN BEACH LOCATION GOOD AND NICE BALCONY!
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
KWITCH111
Worst hotel stay ever!!!
1 night business trip Jun 19, 2014
"very rundown,very uncomfortable surroundings"
way overcharged for this room- The rooms are in very poor shape.- hidden fees- total from hotels .com. did not included resort fees-- what a joke calling it a resort..no refunds on the paperwork when you sign in / because once you see your room/ you'll want your money back.- DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY/ PAY THE EXTRA FOR A NICER HOTEL-- you'll pay it anyway with the '' RESORT FEES ''
5 night family trip Jun 14, 2014
"Nice hotel right on the beach"
We had a wonderful time in Myrtle Beach couldn't be happier with our stay the hotel was exactly like we expected and it was right on the beach
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
"Location and price were perfect"
The outward appearance was outdated & needs a makeover when you get inside the room it was very nice and cozy -the beds were extremely soft and I also noticed they have mattress covers which is a huge plus, every single day housekeeping stopped by and offered services of new linens, towels, and emptied the trash. We stayed for 5 nights in two different rooms & we were very satisfied we will differently stay at this hotel again when we head to Myrtle Beach :).
4 night family trip May 26, 2014
Becka
"Never again will I try to compromise on my comfort"
Tooo many issues to report them all. Best suggestion is to go with a more reparable company that you are familiar with cause Ocean Plaza has not a good reputation that they can stand on or show of.
Other trip May 27, 2014
TONYA
Staff was rude and inconsiderate. Beds were old and uncomfortable.
Other trip May 23, 2014
"Ocean Plaza is acceptable"
Service was good. Sink lacked stopper and I had to ask for a TV remote, but the hotel shows its age a bit. However it was fine for my 4 night stay.
4 night trip May 12, 2014
"never again"
very old..... out dated... desk staff not rude but not friendly... have to pay for coffee...
4 night trip May 9, 2014
wolfman
"Cheap and convenient"
If you want a hotel that is cheap and conveniently located on the beach, the Ocean Plaza is a good choice. If you want anything else, go somewhere else. The rooms had refrigerators and microwaves, but no hair dryers and I could never get the Wi-fi to work. the outdoor pool was closed for renovation, but the indoor pool was open and in reasonably good repair. My biggest complaint was the so-called resort fee I was charged when I first arrived. I knew there was such a fee, since I had read the small print on Hotels.com, but as far as I can tell, I got absolutely nothing for this extra money. I t looked like all the other hotels did the same, so I would have been ripped off for this, no matter where I went, although I may have at least gotten breakfast or a newspaper somewhere else.
3 night trip May 6, 2014
"Nice for the price ,close to the beach"
Room nice but in need of some repairs and quality maintenance
Other trip May 10, 2014
bruce
"Ghettotel"
Let's see smells like mildew. Toilet back up and overflowed. Stayed four days and not once did I get my room cleaned or clean towels. There was a drip from over the shower where the tiles were mildew and moldy. So old that the hotel still used keys. And lastly it's located in the ghetto. Staff was really nice. V
Other trip May 9, 2014
steve
I thought the hotel was in rough shape. The pool was questionable, but I guess that's what I get for 30 a night
2 night trip May 5, 2014
"Close to the beach"
Everything in the room was fine. The lady at the front desk was nice. They need to upkeep their pool. The indoor pool is the only problem we had with the motel. It was nasty. Room service was good. Its a good basic place to stay at.
Other trip May 7, 2014
carmen
"View was beautiful but room was horrible"
I gave this an overall rating of two just because of the view otherwise I would've given it a -10. Check in and check out was fine. The staff there was very friendly. The room was old, dirty, and the air-conditioning smelled like urine. The house keeping staff was cussing all the time and I have children that did not need to hear that and they didn't even seem to care that kids were around. The towels were dingy looking. They were definitely not white and they had stains all over them. I wish I had taken a picture. The door handle to the porch was broken and I did not feel safe because we were on the first floor and couldn't lock the door and just had to trust in the bar that was at the bottom of the sliding door. on a positive note… The view was beautiful and the price was cheap. But now I know why. I would not recommend this hotel to a family. There was a lot of loud ruckus people in this area and around and in this hotel. And we came during off-season time, but if you are young and want somewhere to party this Motel is perfect for you.
Other trip May 5, 2014
The front desk worker wasn't very pleasant at all. That made my first impression negative. When we checked in for our reservations, the room was not ready. That up settled us to have to drive a couple of hours and then wait for a room we have already payed for in advance!! The indoor pool was unpleasant as well. My kids couldn't enjoy it because the area was kept very cold. The doors were always opened. The only good thing was the area.
3 night family trip Apr 17, 2014
"Get all new maids keep the front desk staff."
Had to wait 45 mins after checkin time because the room was still dirty. Then when we got to the room it was still dirty towels and blankets just thrown I'm the rooms floors dirty. I did like the room just wanted it to be clean and the shower sucks. The parking deck was flooded all the time past our ankles it was ridiculous won't be staying here again.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
michael
Hotel was not what I expected. Paint was coming off walks. Very little plugs. Bathroom was not clean. Old items in room. Appliances was old. Just not a clean Hotel and will not stay or recommend anyone to stay there. Only good thing was that staff was friendly. Old outdated hotel.
1 night trip Apr 13, 2014
Dasha
"Cleanliness"
The first night there when got ready to pull the sheets back. . Come to find out the bed linen wasn't changed. ... someone's else's hair was all over the sheets with stains and Housekeeping never came in to clean the room during the 3 night stay we was there. The one receptionist was very friendly and helpful but I will not be staying there ever or recommending anyone to book a room there.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
tanesia
"ok for the price"
Housekeeping kept forgetting to bring towels & t.p
3 night family trip Apr 8, 2014
A.
"Rather stay in the Bates Motel"
Where to start, broken bed, fridge, ice machine, and Hot tubs. The place is like the projects with an Ocean view. You get what you pay for, would've rather pay 3X more than stay here again.
Other trip Apr 11, 2014
"Cheap"
The whole place was a little run down. We did have a room with a kitchenette and a full coffee pot. The rates were very reasonable through hotels.com; however, at check in, I was informed I'd have to pay resort fees. The location is right on the ocean, and very close to lots of shopping.
3 night business trip Mar 24, 2014
Toni
"Just OK"
Not a fantastic place but ok for a one nighter!!
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
Casey
"ocean plaza"
I absolutely loved my stay I will b comming back n july thanks
2 night business trip Mar 30, 2014
michelle bryson
"Awesome view great location good food nearby"
Nice indoor pool and hot tubs. On the beach view laying in the sun on the pool patio
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
mary
"Not Happy"
Dirty, un-kept, light fixtures falling apart...sliding door would not lock. noisy all night long, Also nobody at the front office to check-out with, and turn in the keys. Several people waiting for someone to get there to help them. Nobody came for 1 hour after it said office would be open. I guess for the price you have to expect this.
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
"One of the best stays I have had in a long time !!"
I wanted to get away by myself. I have stayed in a lot of the surrounding hotels but this was one of the best days I've had in a long time. The front desk was very welcoming they changed my room with no problem because of the location because I wanted oceanfront. The room was very clean the view was great the beds were very comfortable would recommend to anyone thank you for a great time!!!
1 night trip Mar 23, 2014
Julia
"Depends on what you value.."
My girlfriend and I booked this hotel for two nights. The location is great. The room could've been cleaner but for $35 bucks I wasn't expecting much. Room had a light odor. All the items in the room were old and not super clean by any means. The bed was super comfy! The room itself was a little smaller than what I'm used to. Overall the staff could do a better job with upkeep and friendliness but one particular receptionist was extremely friendly and an absolute please to be around. Overall I don't plan to return but my experience was decent. For those looking for a room this time of year I would highly suggest booking a room once you get there! Almost every hotel on the strip including the bigger nicest hotels were under $50 bucks a night!
1 night trip Mar 25, 2014