All hotels in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States of America
1005 S Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC, 29577-4441, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Wellness Area
    Sufficient wellness & sports facilities
    Service is poor
    Bad internet service
    Poor vibe
  • Bar and Beverages
    Bar is not good
"Cheap isn't good"
Outdated and under staffed. Parking is a joke. Underground parking deck is like the bat cave. Pool was dirty and unkept. Other people staying there were loud and ubnoctuous. WiFi that you cannot sign in to and no cell signal to call for help lol
3 night trip Apr 3, 2015
Doug
"Wonderful staff, disappointing hotel"
Amazing staff! They were extremely helpful and friendly. Note---There are NO non-smoking rooms! Great location, nice indoor pool and hot tubs. Comfortable and clean room (moved to one with no smoke-smell). But, just remember, you get what you pay for.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
"Ocean Plaza"
The pool had hair balls in it, the hot tub was not even warm.there was stains all in the carpet and furniture in the room. The people that worked there were ruid. I will never return to ocean plaza, and they shouldnt even be opened!
2 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
"Nice hotel the beach is literally in your backyard"
had a great time with my girlfriend only problem I had was the fee for being under 25 its a 50 dollar security deposit but you get your money back assuming you don't destroy the room while on your vacation besides that it was an enjoyable weekend
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
jr
"Very bad hotel, bad staff, rude ppl"
Michelle at the Frind desk, she call the room 11.15 am she said the check out by 11 my answer is ok can I extend one more day and you have Cridet card n file. You can go ahead and charge the card. The answer was u need to come to the front as soon as possible. I said fine let me dress up I have meeting at 12 noon so before 12 n the way to the meeting I will stop by. I don't know what's wrong and Michelle she said u know what ???? I'm GOING TO CHECK YOU OUT. And She HANG UP n me verey rude,, I call again saying u just hang up n me ? She said yes and u need to leave the room house keeping waiting. I said I'm running late to meeting can't check out today. She said if you don't leave I will call the POLICE n you, HANG UP N ME. I call again ask for manger. She said manger n meeting, I ask her I need any one super V, she let me speak to some one and ther call the manger, finally the approve me to stay one more night- LATE FOR MY MEETING-MY DAY starting very bad, today I call the from desk if I can check out little bet late 12 noon. she said no they will give me 30 minutes:)) THANK YOU:)) :(((((( hotel policy Michelle at the front desk VERY BAD Customer service and I will never stay or recommend any way to even think to stay n this hotel
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
S. Hedia
"ROOMS WHERE NICE AND CLEAN,"
I ENJOYED MY STAY, IT WAS NICE AND CLEAN, EXCEPT OVER THE DOOR AIR WAS COMING IN AND THE HEAT WAS NOT KEEPING THE ROOM EXTREMELY WARM, BUT IT WAS OK.
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
debra
"stupid policy not listed on hotels.com"
very disappointed that the hotel required me to give a $50 cash deposit because I am local - it was refunded upon checkout but this should be listed on the hotels.com site...and it is a ridiculous policy...they said it's in case we trash the room...but isn't that what using a credit card hold would be for? but they wouldn't take it on credit - cash only...
2 night trip Dec 28, 2014
"Can't beat the price!"
Great bargain for the price! Ocean front room with balcony and a kitchenette.Service was good.
4 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
"READ"
I was not expecting a $100 down payment for security, even though I got the money back it would have been nice to know. Also a motel like this, I feel should not be on hotels.com, I felt unsafe in the part of the neighborhood, and couldn't sleep the whole night.
1 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
"Happy with stay"
Ocean front view for 39 a night was great, room was decent i would stay again.
3 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
Billy
"NOT to happy with ocean front hotel"
not what I expected dirty and gross no laundry service no snack machines
3 night business trip Oct 17, 2014
"Searching"
This hotel is apparently owned or managed by the Paradise Hotel located next door..The looby was not staffed for 3 days...A note was left on bioth entry doors to go next door for any aid...One day my room was not cleaned...The indoor pool was only available on the Saturday I left on... I was charged another beach tax by the lobby clerk as I checked in..I informed her that I'd paid Expedia a tax but she told me Expedia didn't collect this tax...I paid it as it was too late to contest...
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
10 dollar a nite fee need a car to see anything beach nice
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
"need my money back"
The was bed broke in the middle the towels were very hard the tv was old the shower was terrible
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
Corey
"Health hazard"
Where do I start? How about with the question that's been bugging me since I made the mistake of booking this in the DUMP. The question is, how come this place is allowed to stay in business? I realized the extent of my mistake when I checked in and was handed an actual key in metal like in the old days. I will not mention the scary guests all around. If I checked in in late afternoon, I would have taken a loss and go elsewhere. These are the things I observed. Dirty EVERYTHING! My bed linen clearly not changed for the past how many guests? Who knows, it had questionable stains all over it. I had to sleep on top of the comforter fully clothed. There is a coffee make, but it was just for decoration since there was no coffee anywhere. I forgot, I went out to get something to eat and when I returned past 10PM, to my surprise, the front door to the hotel was locked, there was a sign that said use other door; what door? So I found myself homeless for a few minutes until some guy passing by told me that I had to go around the parking lot to the other hotel and take a side door there. Turns out the two adjacent hotels are "sister" hotels. Stay away! I have to go but by no means am I done telling you about this health hazard in the middle of Myrtle Beach.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
Babacar
"great staff"
The hotel staff was very very nice . The hotel needs a little work but i will go back and we are planning another stay . It was clean . Theview os great
2 night trip Oct 3, 2014
Daisy Hancock
"Try a different hotel if you can afford it"
Actual hotel not as nice as the pictures, most rooms are tiny and don't have a balcony. The outside of the hotel looks almost run down. The front desk lady was very unhappy and the front desk was closed the day of checkout so we went to the neighboring hotel Polynesian which would have been a much better choice to stay in. The rooms were minimally clean and had many obvious quick fixes done to the bathroom. Mini fridge freezer section had so much ice build up you couldn't fit anything inside it. At least that and the TV worked. Coffeemaker does not come with coffee or filters. A/C worked well and shower/sink work well. I wouldn't stay here again, I'm glad I was only there for 2 nights and not a week.
2 night business trip Sep 27, 2014
"TERRIBLE!!! GIANT BUGS !!!!!!!"
I have so many complaints about Ocean Plaza that I probably wont have enough space to write it all so I will make a VERY long story short..First I asked for handicapped access for my 72 year old mother but when we got there they gave me a key to room 706 on the 7th floor.We get in the elevator and it only goes to the 6th floor where then you have to go up 2 flights of stairs to get to the room!I asked for other room and they said they has none!Got in room and immediatly a terrible stinch which layer I discovered that it was rotting food under the bed!There were HUGE bugs on the ceiling that were falling on the bed! Refridgerator did not work!I actually had to leave the next morning because it was so unsanitary and I had already paid for 2 nights and of course they said I would have to contact Hotels.com about a refund in which I did and I still have not heard back from them!They need to drop an A BOMB on this stinking,nasty bug infested hotel!
2 night family trip Sep 18, 2014
summer howell
"Basic room"
Room was very small. The mattress sagged and old crumy sheets.there was a small refrig. It needs defrosting. A small coffee make . A 19 inch old tv.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
lisa
"HORRIBLE! Could have gotten MUCH better for price!"
This hotel smelled like smoke upon entering room, dirty feet smell in bathroom, shower head squirted in all different directions, sliding glass door to balcony was almost impossible to open (I had to get 2 guys with one pushing and one pulling to open it,) and the television's channels were all VERY fuzzy. Hotel charged extra fees that were not included in the Expedia charges. Originally booked for $75.00, paid $94 for taxes, fees, etc. thorough Expedia and then we got charged another $10 when we arrived at hotel. Hotel stated that “Expedia does not pay our fees.” This is one of the WORST experiences that I have ever had with a hotel or booking. I was very disappointed!!
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
Shonda
"Not at all what we expected from this motel we we"
we heard other guests were dissapointed also when we had to pay extra for each night they had to pay extra 60 dollars ours was only 30 extra motels next door were ocean front a lot less than what we paid also better
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
"On the beach"
Staff was friendly. However, I won't be returning to this place. Only good part was it is on the beach,
1 night trip Sep 1, 2014
"Good time on a budget"
If your looking for a good time but don't have a lot of money to spend then this is your place. It's in a Great location easy access to shopping and not a long walk to Family Kingdom. But if your looking for a lot to do at the hotel or children activities then it's not for you.
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2014
"good location"
excellent?
1 night family trip Aug 25, 2014
tim hager
Unsatisfactory
6 night trip Aug 30, 2014
M Mount
Room was nice could. Use. Paint over rust but it ac work good
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
David Phillips
"Room"
1. The lights between the beds had to be screwed and unscrewed, not turned on or off. 2. The bathroom electrical outlets did not work. 3. No stopper in the sink. 4. The deadbolt lock was useless. 5. No tissues. 6. With a coffee pot, should not coffee and condiments be included? 7. All four bed pillows didn't make up one pillow (Flat) 8. Smoke alarm went off at 11:30 PM for no reason
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
jan
This was the worst place I have ever stayed the rooms are very old the beds are awful the rooms stink, carpet was nasty this place should be torn down and the prices were ridiculous not to mention they kept referring to it as a resort ! Really ! Never ever again
2 night romance trip Aug 30, 2014
disgusted
The room air conditioning unit was broke. Had too wait an hour for another unit which was brand new when put it. The biggest fault was I asked for a Ocean Front Room... Who wants to look at the pool & people swimming when I walk out on balcony??? You want to be in the air upstairs not on the ground floor. The First Time ever having this type of room. For 193.00 dollars I paid for the room. It was worth 1.93 cents... SORRY!!!
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Brian Simmons
"What house cleaning?"
The room was about what I expected, a place to shower and sleep. Cleaning staff either couldn't or wouldn't read the door hanger furnished by the hotel to have the room cleaned. Had to get clean towels from the office and ask for the trash to be removed. Floor was never swept the entire week. Wouldn't stay here with family. I stayed because I don't need much, the price was right and it is centrally located.
6 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Rick R.
The rooms need a lot of updating, but I felt they were clean for the most part. The bathroom wasn't in good shape. But you can't beat the view! It's in a great location a few blocks away from good restaurants and attractions.
3 night family trip Aug 22, 2014
The best thing that the hotel had were the pools they were warn and well built. And the hotel was right in front of the beach. But the front desk was terrible it smelt like marihuana. It was a terrible smell that you couldn't even breath there. The service was terrible there were only 2 people working 1 at the front desk and the other was cleaning the room. But the person cleaning the room was smoking something that also smelt like marihuana. Any way. The rooms were clean and well organized. But again the mini kitchen in it was so ugly! It took up so much space and all of the sheets were old and scraped your skin and when you went on the balcony a strong smell of marihuana and if you left it open all of the Oder would get in your room. And next the TV were hideous they were so old and didn't even have good channels they were all old and the tv wasn't even HD they weren't even SD they were so old my grandma doesn't even have that TV. Also the room were old and never change. Finally we were planing to come back next year and rent it , but we won't rent that hotel again in my life
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2014
Jhony
"out dated hotel"
This was the most out dated hotel on myrtle beach here's y No flat screen , king size bed is 2singles together,rust on bottom of walls,beds hard,hot tub with no jets,just over all not worth the money its outdated the best thing is the location, will never stay again
2 night business trip Aug 15, 2014
ace
Great for my budget and especially close to a last minute booking!
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
It was the most unpleasant motel/hotel I have ever seen not to mention the crack pipe that I found hidden underneath the vent over the stove, the chairs was dirty we never sat on them, the bed linen was dirty not to mention the beds was broken in all 4 of my parties room. $172.dollars plus another $30.dollars deposit upon arrival. And very rude housekeeping dept. I was so angry I took pics. Of everything called the gm and all I got was an apology and my $30.dollar deposit back vacation for me this year awful.
3 night trip Aug 10, 2014
ocean plaza motel
"Pleasant Stay!"
My fiance and our two children, 5 and 2, thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel is older but is well kept. We didnt have high expectations since we got the room cheaper than other hotels, but it was a lot better than expected from reviews on hotels.com.
6 night trip Aug 11, 2014
Awful, dirty, disgusting. Would never stay there ever again.
4 night trip Aug 11, 2014
"Very Convenient to Downtown"
The only complaint I have is when I went to get into the shower, the ceiling tile above the shower head fell and busted all in the tub. If I had been in the shower, it would have been bad. No manager on property. Had to wait until the next day for maintenance to respond. Moved to another room the next day, AFTER a manager came on duty. Not happy with that. The 3 of us were not able to take showers the night we arrived.
1 night family trip Jul 30, 2014
Lynne Boucher
"Just a sleeping room"
I am quite disappointed in my experience with Ocean Plaza. My room smelled like smoke and was suppose to be a non smoking room. There was also a hole in the wall that had not been repaired and instead if having a swipe card to unlock the door, they gave us keys. The keys did not match the locks very well and it was a chore to get in the door. The beds were old and worn and very uncomfortable and the pillows needed to be replaced. The Cable TV only had a few channels and they were all fuzzy.And last but not least, the lamp next to the bed had a cord which had been severed and was held together with duct tape. God..! What kind of hillbilly fixed it? A total nightmare that had come true. This was the first time my girlfriend had ever been to the beach or seen an ocean. I had planned this hoping it would be the most special experience of her life. Hotels.com, Expedia, and Ocean Plaza Motel ruined it for her. SHAME ON YOU..!
1 night trip Aug 6, 2014
James Erhard
"Have realistic expectations"
We went for our honeymoon and had a oceanfront room. When we arrived we told the receptionist we wanted to stay an extra night. She said we would get a sideveiw due to the oceanfronts being booked, wasn't a issue. The oceanfront had a terrible smell to it. We were only in the room for 2 nights so we lived with it. The tile above the shower was dangerously close to caving in so we waited to shower. It was not ideal by any means. When we arrived we prepaid for the extra night. When it came time to check out of the first room there was some confusion and the receptionist had to call someone else to assist her with checking us out. We left for a bit and came back to check in again. Same person struggled to check us in. The side view was much better than the ocean view. It looked cleaner and the shower was intact, we were much happier. We joked that we should have had this room the entire stay. When we were ready to check out on the last day the same person tried to charge us again for the room we prepaid for. She had to again call for assistance. Had I known it was going to be that much trouble I would have stayed one more night somewhere else. One other reviewer said it best when they stated " you get what you pay for".
2 night romance trip Aug 2, 2014
"BUYER BEWARE- AVOID THIS MOTEL"
I BOOKED THIS MOTEL IN MYRTLE BEACH AS IT WAS FACING THE BEACH. I WAS AWARE FROM THE REVIEWS EARLIER THAT IT WAS A MOTEL AND NOT A HOTEL OR RESORT BUT STILL BASED ON THE 2.6 RATING AND THE ONLY PLACE I COULD FIND THAT DAY CLOSE TO THE BEACH I DECIDED TO BOOK IT. I REGRET MY DECISION AND WILL NEVER VISIT THIS MOTEL OR ANY MOTEL OR HOTEL OWNED BY THIS MANAGEMENT. THE STAFF AT THE COUNTER WAS VERY UNFRIENDLY AND MADE YOU WAIT A LONG TIME FOR THE CHECK IN AND INVOLVED SIGNING SEVERAL FORMS AND CHECKING ID FOR EACH GUEST EVEN A CHILD WITH US. THE ROOM WAS IN TERRIBLE SHAPE WITH DIRTY OLD CARPETS AND A LEAKING FAUCET . THE ROOM WE BOOKED WAS DESCRIBED AS OCEAN VIEW BUT THE OCEAN VIEW WAS FROM A COMMON BALCONY OUTSIDE. BUYER BEWARE. DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT STAYING HERE. YOU WILL REGRET IT. THE PHOTOS DISPLAYED IN THE AD ARE NOT CORRECT.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
JACOB
the room was horrible, will never stay there again! i could clean a whole lot better in my wheel chair blind folded !!!
4 night trip Jul 27, 2014
griffin
"dont stay here horrible not worth the money"
This place was disgusting there was mold on the shower curtain had to go ask for toilet paper felt like I was going to get bed bugs from the mattress and mold on mattress also the room was so small
4 night romance trip Jul 28, 2014
"July 2014"
Room smelled musty. Old worn out carpet with cigarette burns. Shower curtain needed to be replaced. Had to buy Toilet paper as it was not left with the towels and office was closed when we returned to hotel. Towels were in poor condition. Sliding glass door in the room had not been cleaned - greasy finger prints on the door.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
S
"Decent hotel, love that it was on the beach!"
No problems, nice staff, a little outdated but everything worked like it should. A good rate for being right on the beach.
Kdogg
"Close to the beach but still inset good enough"
Rooms did not get cleaned very well,opened up the stove to find a pizza from a recent stay before us,elevator got stuck
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
bw
ok
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2014
hal
"Nice and close the beach"
We had great time!It was close the beach,nice hot tub!Not to biz
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
flora
"ok hotel"
We had to change rooms due to the smell of smoke. The people in the room next door were screaming at 4:00 in the morning.
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2014
"it was ok."
If you are on a budget then this is a great place but be on the cautious side. Elevator got stuck twice while my friends and I were there. Fire alarm went off (only a prank though). Rooms were relatively clean minus the ceiling tile that looked like it might collapse over the shower head. They say you're only allowed one coffee cup with two people in the room and it was not clean. They didn't change the bed sheets while we were there and didn't hardly vacuum until we got ready to leave.
6 night trip with friends Jul 16, 2014