All hotels in Flagstaff, Arizona, United States of America
3100 East Route 66, Flagstaff, AZ, 86004, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.8
"Watch out for extra $8.00 fee!..."
They will charge you an extra $8.00 fee when you arrive regardless if you have already paid the full price online before arriving. They claim it is some kind of municipal required fee, but I could find no evidence of such a thing online. Front desk staff was not particularly friendly or helpful. I asked about a previous guests claims about scorpion stings. Front desk person claims that the guest received them will hiking and not at the hotel. I saw no evidence of scorpions or other insects in the hotel. Relatively clean. It is near a railroad but was surprised the noise wasn't too bad despite this.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2015
Gerald
"Terrible Choice!!"
Since the price was good, I booked 3 hotel rooms for 8 people that were in my family to stay in. And in all 3 rooms the pillows, sheets, towels looked old and had stains on them!! I was shocked and I was so embarrassed that I was the one who had booked our stay at this hotel!! The shower curtains were also dirty here! Very shocking! One of my family members ended up going to a nearby store and bought pillows for he and his family to sleep on since the hotels pillows were so awful!! This is the 2nd time that I have booked at a similar type of hotel as this, and I have come to the conclusion that you get what you pay for since I had the same experience with the linens a couple of years ago elsewhere in a different state at a similar hotel. If you do stay here, be sure and take your own linen! I was so glad that we were only staying one night since we were on our way up to see the Grand Canyon the next day. I should have read the other hotel reviews before staying here. The hotel also hit me with an additional fee during check in. The hotel staffer said that it was noted on the Expedia website, so I had overlooked the additional fees.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
Cheyenne
"Cheap like fast food ketchup"
Not a great 1st impression! But the bed was clean, and despite the active RR tracks across the street, no train woke us. We even slept well with the window open! Being a few blocks from the amazing Railroad Cafe is why we chose it, but there are others equally close we will stay at the next time we're in Flag. I don't want to be perceived as arrogant, but I really find it difficult to use shampoo from a package as if it was ketchup (are we expected to open soap with our teeth?); it's like they're providing it because they HAVE to rather than because they're interested in customer service.
1 night romance trip Aug 4, 2015
"Complaint"
Terrible. The shower curtain is filthy. The room was very dim. No coffee maker. No radio clock. Hotel only suitable to sleep and shower. For extended stay no services was available to include cleaning of room and replacing towels. Had to visit office for some towels was only able to get two clean replacement. Please ensure that on future request you offer clean and healthy room.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
"Clean room but ???"
Room was ok but noisy on busy highway and train track across the road. Not within walking distance for a restaurant or bar. Hot and cold faucets are reversed in both the sink and tub. I couldn't report this because the office wasn't open at 7 when I needed to leave. The shower curtain is mounted too close into the tub so it tried to stick to me when showering. I'm pretty sure that curtain doesn't get washed regularly if at all. There were no towels or washcloths in room. I tracked down a maid and got them. No rating cards in room.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2015
Holly
"Ok"
Too much noise from trains during night.
1 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
"Good Launching Pad for Trip to Grand Canyon"
Actually the perfect place for us to stay on our way to the Grand Canyon. A very basic room, but clean. Friendly hotel staff. Close enough to good dining and stores.
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2015
"Pros and Cons to everything"
The TV in this room was great, and it has a large bathroom. However, I don't think I've ever been to a motel that tells it's guests they cannot have visitors. The air conditioner is also pointed directly at your face when in bed. Kind of annoying. Don't think I'll ever stay here again.
1 night business trip Aug 5, 2015
great
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
Day shift women were rude.Evening check in excellent Parking limited.
1 night trip with friends Jul 26, 2015
"Not nice"
Was horrible, grotty room. Door hit the bed when you opened it. We scratched all night. Very noisy as opposite train line. Sheets were greyish. Would not recommend it to anyone
1 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
Train runs all night
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2015
Bryce
Price worth
1 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
Johan
"Nice hotel xlose to sedona and grand canyon"
Recommended low price hotel clean large for 4 people
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
widi
"decent place to stay"
Only there for 1 night. Good location and price. Room was ok size. Bed was a little hard and pillows too soft. Would have liked a coffee maker in the room.
1 night romance trip Jul 25, 2015
"Linens Questionable"
This was a mistake. Ratings on Expedia were misleading. Better hotels for less around. The sheets and pillow cases were various shades of yellow and off white. No telling what was the cause, but it was not reassuring.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"Nothing bad to say"
I was pleased with the the room. It was clean and in a safe area. I have no complaints and the price was wonderful ! I will come back again.
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
soe myrna
"Cheap hotel"
You get for what you pay for. The hotel is located in a nice area in Flagstaff and close enough to Walmart to buy things before traveling
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
good place for one night
1 night trip with friends May 31, 2015
Pascal
"Cheap, clean and Descent"
It fills its purpose as a quick stay hotel. Its cheap, clean and descent enough for the whole family.
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
Carolina
Room was very clean, but dated. Staff was very helpful and friendly. I would stay again because it was an incredible value; a little over half the price of most other places.
3 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
Ruben
"Surprisingly good !"
Great for the $. Half the price of the same room you would get anywhere else. Surprisingly clean . I would stay again.
2 night business trip Jul 10, 2015
"window with no curtain, too bright in the room"
towels very small only two per guest, the bathroom had a window with no curtain and the room was too bright in the morning the light was right in my eyes. The Blow dryer was broken didnt work. The hotel buys used hotel matresses and towels and sheets to supply the rooms.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Bea
"Quaint will help to cover the thunderous train"
In the afternoon a train goes through the front room 7-8 times. Actually across the street. But you couldn't tell by the sound. Still ... At night all is quiet.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
Ray
"clean and basic--good price"
Friendly desk service. Bed quite comfortable. Basic room at a good price was all we needed passing through. One note: a large person or person with a disability would not be able to use the bathroom in a regular room because it is quite small.
1 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
Lori
"Great for the price... but"
It was a nice room for the low price, but I booked online and when I checked in they charged me an $8 service fee, so really the room wasn't as cheap as I thought it was going to be.
Other trip Jul 10, 2015
"Basic motel, reasonable price"
Good experience, no issues. The hotel is nothing fancy but clean. Nice spot for a 1 day trip to Flagstaff.
Response by Mountain View Inn
Thanks for staying with us, we work hard to make our guests happy. We appreciate your feedback!
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
BrandonH
There is the railroad near the hotel. You can hear trains all night. The toilet doesn't flush....
1 night trip Jul 1, 2015
"Gross rooms!!!"
I picked this hotel because it had decent reviews, I even compared to other hotels....but I DO NOT recommend this place!! The sheets were stained with yellows spots and pillows smelled bad ...The room was dirty. Was told they have no more pillows ... We went to Walmart and bought our own blankets, because it was a holiday weekend and couldn't find any other hotel with an open room to go to. Was not comfortable in the least felt dirty and disgusted the whole time :/ most horrible service by the owners also!
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
"July 4th weekend"
Room itself was clean, did find ants in the restroom, was told the hair drier didn't work. Can hear other residents moving about upstairs.
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
GILBERT
"This hotel is not in a good location."
Dirty sheets, room phone did not work. staff was not helpful. hidden fees. my first review was rejected, not sure why. I only told the truth. hope this vague review helps someone. there are nicer hotels for the same price as this one.
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
Steve V.
The hotel is across the street from the train tracks, which get frequent and long freight trains. Being summer and having the air conditioner on covered up nearly all of the sound and was not a problem. However, might be very different when the air conditioner is not needed.
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
"Eh it's a room"
Not very much to mention... Saggy bed, impossibly slow wifi, no breakfast, nightmare parking... But it was a cheap and clean room- good enough for the weary traveler!
1 night romance trip Jun 28, 2015
"terrible"
We arrived late on a Friday night to watch our daughter perform at NAU early Saturday morning. Upon arrival we received a call from her cheer coach saying she was injured and we needed to take her to a hospital to be checked out. I went into the office to inform them we would not need the room due to an unexpected emergency. We had not even checked in yet so I was hoping to not be charged. The staff was very rude and told me my card had already been charged and I would not get a refund. I inquired as to why my card had already been charged earlier that day and he had no real answer for me. So on top of the staff having no compassion, the place looked like a roach infested hotel that I would not have paid 50.00 for let alone the 117.00 they charged me
Other trip Jul 3, 2015
unhappy
"Bad and dirty Hotel"
Terrible room! Awful smell, Air condition in a very bad place to be!!! We had to go and buy a fan because the room was very hot, very small room but I think it was the smallest problem. Trash in the trashcan, hair in the bath, very old TV we couldn't even use it... In our second day by the morning, we called to the office to ask for room service (Clean) They NEVER come to clean our room, my husband went to the office and they only said "sorry" He had to ask for clean towels and sheets but they only gave him towels..!!! So, we do NOT recommend this hotel, we had to stayed there only because was impossible to get another room in other hotel everything full! Next time I will book it with 2 weeks of anticipation. What a Disappointing and bad experience with this hotel!!!
Other trip Jul 2, 2015
Hansen family
"Not happy"
the room wasnt cleaned at all the two days i stayed there. will not go there again...
Other trip Jul 1, 2015
jacko....
"Beware of fees, creppy location"
Extra fees added at check in. Staff was not helpful or cared. It was loud, noisy, and people up and down all night. It was hard to rest in the blood stained dirty sheets. I could not call front desk, their phone was broken. Just not the best place. Too expensive for crappy hotel.
Other trip Jul 1, 2015
Steve V.
The air conditioning was broken in our room (mid-June, it was quite hot)
1 night trip with friends Jun 25, 2015
Anna
"Do not book this hotel"
This is the worst room I have stayed in for a LONG time! There wasn't even a clock in the room . . . let alone a coffee pot! The room stunk with cheap cologne so much when we first opened the door, that my eyes stung. We opened the front door, and both windows, so the smell finally lessened. I hope that can be posted because it really isn't a personal insult, it has to do with quality of service.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
Debbie
"Scorpions!!!"
My girlfriend got stung by a scorpion every single night we stayed there. (3 nights, 5 stings total) I had to take her to urgent care when we got back to Mesa. Urgent care confirmed that what bit/stung her was a scorpion. I was in room 132, make sure you scope out the room before you sleep! If you don't have a black light I recommend buying a little one just in case! However, I did tell the young office lady what had happened. She gave us Cortizone to help the itch. After we found out what stung her we called the hotel and let them know. They notified us that they had pest control come out and inspect the room, they didn't find anything. I hope since we told them it's scorpions, they'll find them!! I don't think it's a good idea to have WOOD planks as the bed frame.. Kinda like pallets almost. That's so bad, so many bugs can be living in that wood. Especially since flagstaff is cooler weather!! Please take care of that. I know next year I will not be staying there. I'd rather spend extra money for a hotel that takes good care of the rooms...
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Anastasia
"Good for a night stay"
A little noisy people you hear walking upstairs thin walls can hear people next door.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
"Bad hotel"
Just in case I have to said this hotel is HORRIBLE AND TERRIBLE!! Rooms ridiculous small!! Air conditioner not enough bad location. pretty old TV, bath with hairs, trash under the sink and we had to call to the office to ask them to clean the room and change the bedding the DIDN'T! ! Shame on you Mountain View hotel! WI'll never going to back there!!
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
Hansen family
We were passing through and needed a place to crash. The room was just right for what we needed. Clean, comfortable beds, and good location. One thing that might bother some, is the railroad right across the street.
1 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
Very nice people. Nice area. Very basic amenities. No hangars, no shampoo, no coffee but clean.
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
Kris
"Cheapest, but you get what you pay for"
Microwave and fridge both not working, bugs, no ice machine, was charged $8.00 on check in, thought I paid in full to Hotel.com don't like hidden charges
1 night trip Jun 20, 2015
"Cheap hotel (good if that's what you want)"
This hotel was exactly what I was looking for: a convenient bed for the night as I drove through Arizona on the way to California. It wasn't the cleanest, but it wasn't terrible. The amenities were nonexistent (e.g., there was no phone or clock, the TV was an old CRT, there was no facial tissue, the sink and shower drained really slowly, etc.). Nothing was great at all, but it was dirt cheap, the air conditioning worked, quick check-in/check-out, friendly staff, and it's certainly a "good enough" night's sleep. If that's what you're looking for, this will do.
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
Place to stay if you are in desperate need of a place for one night only!!!
1 night trip Jun 18, 2015
"You get what you pay for :-("
Carpet was stained, only provided with 1 roll of toilet paper, the AC did not work (while it did run, it did not cool the room at all). For the price, I should not have expected more, but it could have been a lot cleaner than the carpet showed. Online showed this location being 2 miles away from NAU and it certainly was not. Once we checked in, we were told it was a 15 minute drive to campus with no traffic and 30 minutes with traffic. Either way, this is not 2 miles from campus which was our destination during this trip.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
Jen
"Don't stay here"
Overpriced. No ice on premises. They directed me to the convenience store across the street. Had to ask for toilet paper. None in the room. Won't go back. This was not a $100 plus motel.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
cav
"Reservation was switched to a lower quality hotel"
the 'sister' hotel was across town and I was charged an additional 16.00 for the change. I had a guest from out of town stay at Mountain View and he had his own complaints.
Other trip Jun 19, 2015